• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse: Word of God Removal Removal (heh)

Wankbreaker

VS Battles
Translation Helper
I’ve seen these arguments used as an excuse to pass around some pretty outrageous takes as fact (like base ryougi beating archetype Earth), so I’m getting rid of them. I feel like the OP of the OG also left a lot of context out, or straight up misinterpreted the scans.

1. (The shikis have no chance against servants). The actual text doesn’t say “no chance”,but closer to this:

Q: In other TM works, are there any characters excluding Arc that can fight a head-on battle against Servants? A: With the premise that NPs are extremely average in a head-on battle - the 27 Dead Apostle Ancestors,Kouma Kishima, Aozaki Aoko. If the battle becomes a defensive one, then Ciel. Ryougi Shiki and Tohno Shiki can't quite hold a candle.... but "Ryougi Shiki" could go up to Ciel's level.

“Can’t quite hold a candle” doesn’t exactly mean “no chance”, just a lower one than the other characters on this. Which makes sense,because although he may measure up in speed, he doesn’t in durability and attack power, which is made clear through tsukihime. The Nanaya are the best of the best when it comes to assasination,but their physical prowess in direct combat lags far behind. This is a major plot point in Red Demon God.

Nero Chaos wanted to “eat him slowly”, which Arc comments on him not going for the kill instantly was the reason for his loss. Melty blood shiki fights a weakened copy of Nero from Tsukihime, and still struggles extremely. (All versions of Nero in melty are weakened, btw. Actress Again recreates the conditions of the OG melty’s TATARI perfectly, where Nero was weakened, so same applies here.)

Shiki-Roa is also considered far weaker than a full DAA in strength here. (By full power, arc obviously means her full power at 30%, before we get A:E level Nero agenda)
"Well, he should be many times superior than The Dead earlier. I haven't met him this time, but he has been latent for eight years so maybe he's a Class Five by now."

"---You're saying he's stronger than The Dead before?"
Looking like she was in so much pain from fighting just him, isn't she taking him a little lightly?
"―― Class Five? I don't get it, but does that mean he's stronger than Nrvnqsr?"
"Not a chance. Nrvnqsr was special. He was a pure, supreme vampire that would be difficult to defeat even with my full power. Compared to him, this enemy is pretty weak."
"----Oh. Then there's no way you'll be defeated."
I breathe out in relief.-
Tsukihime

Ryougi being = to a servant directly is also shaky considering she:
Got overpowered by Azaka, and got bruised.
Would have took 3 seconds to move 10 meters.
Is slower than the speed of sight.
Gets blitzed by someone who’s best speed feat is bullet timing. (Araya)
Attacks with “the force of a cannon shell”
I could go on,but you get the idea.
Extra ryougi got summoned by something similar to a Holy Grail, so she may have been buffed for her appearance, disregarding the fact that she loses to each playable servant in the game,which includes Tamamo no Mae, who is about 10x weaker than an A-rank servant. You know who is an a-rank servant? Elizabeth Bathory. It’s consistent through the game that she is very frail, and could be one shot by Lu Bu, iirc.
We don’t know a single thing about the “99 servants” she fought, they could have had an NP weaker than thrown Gae Bolg, which is the upper end of the “average” NPs nasu was talking about.

2. void shiki defensive against servants lol.
Yea, this isn’t contradicted, I made an entire thread about it, but I’ll just repeat some of what is argued there+ some additional info.
Her statements about “being the root” itself use a high degree of uncertainity and based on her question, being “The part and the whole of nothingness are the same,right?” Unless we want to call ether lumps ( a common substance in magecraft), the 3 characters who share her origin, and Manaka the root, it’s best to stay consistent.

She calls arc manifesting her millennium castle impressive (in the context of denying that she has god-like powers, in the sense of “But look at what she can do!”), even saying that she must have no limits. From Ryougi and Artoria's perspectives, it might seem she doesn’t, asserting her superiority over both characters. Given a weaker character may view a markedly stronger one as almost without limits. (This is a casual 30% arc feat). I’ll move on from this, since this isn’t supposed to be “look how op arc is lol”, and “if she calls this impressive compared to her own supposed reality warping, how strong is it really?”

Arcueid: Ergh, so what about you Ryougi? Do you like the world of Fate?
Shiki: Not in particular, Mikiya isn't there. Sure my wishes will be granted but don't wishes get granted normally?
Arcueid: Uh, um, how direct.
Saber: Well, that would be because you're God to be blunt. You wouldn't know the pain of those without.
Shiki: Don't make such a stupid analogy. I'm cute compared to that. The stupid woman over there doesn't have any limits. She can make a castle just by her imagination you know?
Arcueid: I've got a lot of restrictions too though. Oh, so it looks that way to you two, well, the most practical one is Saber though.

In the KNK manga, we get additional context proving that a personality switch to Void happened when she used self suggestion. First, I’ll send the scans from the original novel and additional side material.
It was immediately decided that Ryougi Shiki's style was to fight with Mystic Eyes and a knife. However, the truth is this: This woman is originally a murderer who wields a katana. Compared to her current self, her usual self pales in comparison. "...I was deceived. The fight to the death with Asagami Fujino was not serious, was it?" To the magus's words, Ryougi Shiki shook her head in denial. Her cold eyes conveyed that she is always serious, no matter what weapon she uses. Receiving her gaze, the magus realized. Now—what did this woman answer? What kind of vessel is here? When did this opponent stop being Shiki? "I see...so we finally meet...!" Holding his left arm to stop the bleeding from the wound on his shoulder, the magus roars. The woman in the white kimono—Ryougi-Shiki—showed an unmistakably feminine smile. Just like that, she launched an attack on the magus.
A more literal translation:
ここにいる器はなんだ?
この相手は───いつからシキでなくなった?
The vessel currently here, what is it?
This opponent is... since when did she become not Shiki?(シキでなく).
It’s stated many times during the epilogue that Void, unlike the other 2 personalities, technically is not Shiki at all.

“Shiki” is also regarded as a vessel/container (器),regarding voids nature as the “vessel” or “empty container/box”
She also exhibits feminine behavior, while Ryougi is noted to act much more masculine after the death of SHIKI. This fact is further proven in the manga, as she gets additional lines, and the way she speaks is feminine, and not like her normal masculine speech at all, which is an integral part of Ryougis character. Araya even says “So we finally meet”,which wouldn’t make sense if this was the same personality as before.
One of Voids skills (Skills are given based on what fits the characters actions and lore, and even has short lore info at times based on the character), literally references this scene here:
Cloud Shine: B
After switching one's attitude to that of a swordsman, the user performs ultra-high speed movements and slashes. Five intervals... nine meters of space are instantly covered, as if a flash of light.

See this as well:
そのあたりのこだわりがなく、問答無用で剣士としてのスペックを出すようなフラットな人格になれば、まあ、200年近く生きてる武闘派の怪僧をびびらせるぐらいには。
If she didn't have such specific preferences and had a flat personality that showcased her specs as a swordsman without issues, well, she could intimidate the martial monk who has lived for nearly 200 years.

Dictionary definition for a “flat personality”:
lacking interest or emotion; dull and lifeless.

Yea, this fits Void to a tee. How is this relevant you may ask? Well, besides amping her physicals heavily, the only new “ability” that she obtained was precognition. (Void’s nigh-omniscience made combat applicable, basically.) none of that supposed reality warping here. She also gets injured by arayas attacks, which are hyped to “shatter concrete” and “fell trees”
What does this mean? One of 2 things.
Void’s supposed “reality warping” is either not combat applicable/not at the scale where it would be super relevant for combat, or she doesn’t have such abilities at all.

In FGO even, she says “nothing could be done against primate murder”, and said she would “have to fight like her life depended on it” against shadow servant Dantes. She was not nerfed,because she straight up denies being a heroic spirit, and “Psuedo-Servants” use the body of the host as a container, instead of a traditional container. Why is this relevant? The host is just Ryougi, and Void Shiki is literally just Ryougis body. This is like saying taking yourself as a vessel nerfs you. It makes no sense.
That should be enough for this point, the rest should be easy to counter.

3. Contradictory “the strongest” statements.
I’ll just paste what I said on discord. I’m not even sure how this one in particular wasnt looked at through a watchful eye, as @Qliphoth_Backal was present.

“the JP for that statement (arc's) can actually mean (highest level, or highest rank) of power, not specifically the strongest, which is also problematic if you think about it, nothing should be on the same level as the supposed root personified.”

All credible Type-Moon translators agree with this as well, so…

4. ….
Again, im not sure HOW this wasnt looked at with more scrutiny. Aoko’s title of “Miss Blue” does not have a direct correlation to when she gained magic, thats never said. Aoko actually gained the access rights to the Fifth before Mahoyo, with the narration calling her the newest magician even during the flat snark fight. Yet the title she gained later “Miss Blue”, is never mentioned in the story. (or even in Mahoyo materials).

5. Yea, I agree this seems kinda contradictory… but the OP misframed this statement. The 2 statements that the OP linked come from the exact same source, but the one where Nasu tells you to ask Urobuchi literally comes right before this statement. This is intentionally putting a questionable/outlandish statement in order to reinforce his earlier point. But regardless, CS can buff servants to operate far beyond their usual capabilities, a similar boost is probable.

6. The statement doesnt say Shiki will die, just ignoring the drawbacks that they would both have from displaying their abilities (MEODP and Tracing), at full power.

Q: Between the protagonist duo of Shiki and Shirou, who is stronger? Could you tell us who would come out on top if they fought purely with their powers, using Mystic Eyes of Death Perception and magecraft, respectively? (Tokyo/Gitta)

A: If we ignore the self-destructive overflow that would happen after using their abilities to the fullest extent, it would probably be Shiki. No matter how many swords Shirou projects, Shiki would just "kill" them all one by one. If Shirou were capable of something like Excalibur’s "Mana Burst" , the discussion might be different.

Also, shirou doesnt just trace the NP’s themselves, but all the history that comes with it… INCLUDING the stats and skills of the original wielder, thats why he can use Nine lives. It’s not just “killing the NPs.” Shiki did not kill Gaia, he killed the leylines for a bit. Thats how Arc gets her back up. Approaching true chaos is vague here, as it did not yet reach this state, so we dont know how susceptible to death it is.

7. Archer would be projecting only what he calls a "very convincing replica" that would consume all of his magical energy in a suicide attack. He wouldn't be projecting Excalibur, just something that looks like Excalibur and explodes the same way. Same with shirou. Thats why he doesnt say he is projecting “Excalibur”, but a “holy sword”. It has many of the same properties, but it is NOT meant to be confused with the actual weapon. Which is in line with:
There might be some degraded NPs with similar performance in stock though.

8. The trump card is referring to MEODP. In MB he’s “buffed” in the sense that he got a general stat increase. In most of his fights, he struggled pretty damn hard.
Ciel Route shiki is amped by having the added stats of a Dead Apostle, but he still struggled.
Ciel also secretly did not want to kill Tohno at all.
Melty Blood Tohno still couldn't defeat Ciel even with Sion and Akiha's help. Nero was also explicitly “playing with his food”, with Arc citing that as the reason for his loss.
I think you get the point by now.

9. Saber Alter isn’t even supposed to exist in a normal grail war, only being created via the unique conditions of HF. Makes complete sense for nasu to exclude her from the 1st statement.

Nasu is also obviously referring to living Artoria.

TLDR: mix of shitty translation and lack of context, a lot of these “issues” can be solved with a bit more contextual information. Either way, im not sure why Nasu gets the special treatment besides the usual of “If it contradicts itself, throw it out, otherwise its fine”.

Last edited:
how many are open?
gimme your thoughts too
Unfortunately not good enough in powerscaling for type moon (I like the series though) to give a proper opinion. I'll say though your point 1,2, and 6 can be improved structure wise it's very hard to read honestly, add more spaces, bold words, etc

Edit Also you forgot the tags again

scans for what in particular? I've included scans only for the really important sections.
Everything i guess? Like:
7. Archer would be projecting only what he calls a "very convincing replica" that would consume all of his magical energy in a suicide attack. He wouldn't be projecting Excalibur, just something that looks like Excalibur and explodes the same way. Same with shirou. Thats why he doesnt say he is projecting “Excalibur”, but a “holy sword”. It has many of the same properties, but it is NOT meant to be confused with the actual weapon. Which is in line with:
You say that, but you din't exactly provide proof or link to any of this claims.

Or you can, at least, add references as it is kinda obvious none of the quotes you using has references.

Also yeah, references would work much better for this if you feel a bit lazy on noT doing scans
why do i have to go through 100x more work than the OP, who added 3 refrences total

all of these quotes can be reverse searched for the most part, though.

why do i have to go through 100x more work than the OP, who added 3 refrences total

all of these quotes can be reverse searched for the most part, though.
Yeah, but the references are there for readers to find the sources. Beside, you don’t have to do them immediately if you wish.

Also it is for convenience’s sake.
There is a WOG statement from Nasu I recall that specifically brought this up especially if we talking about Fate Extra version of EMIYA there.

As for my overall opinion, this is reasonable.

Unfortunately not good enough in powerscaling for type moon (I like the series though) to give a proper opinion. I'll say though your point 1,2, and 6 can be improved structure wise it's very hard to read honestly, add more spaces, bold words, etc

Edit Also you forgot the tags again
Most of them are statements from the novels or other sources.

For example, the one Wankbreaker is using in regards to EMIYA came from a Q&A.

1. Collapse[v] Fate/complete material III: World material - FAQ with Nasu: Noble Phantasms, p.134
    Q: What is the limit of replication in UBW?​

Q: What is the limit of replication in UBW? The highest level of NP (sword types) is probably Ea, but while it might be impossible for Shirou, could Archer make it? Also, under the meaning of weapons, to what extent can he make modern weapons? Must it be only blade types or can he make guns and mobile weapons?

A:
    Divine constructs like Ea and Excalibur are non-replicable. There might be some degraded NPs with similar performance in stock though. Also, since sword is becoming his origin, the weapons that he has stored are fundamentally limited to close combat.

Per site standards, what statements aren't supported by published narrative material?
The ones listed in the OP? All of them are supported besides maybe the Kirei can beat Ciel statement. The issue in the original WOG scaling thread was overblown, and i addressed many of the concerns raised.

Im trying to change the policy from the current nasu policy of "Denying all WOG statements, no matter what" to the usual "Use what isnt contradicted."

Per site standards, what statements aren't supported by published narrative material?
It depends.

As I starting to recall a incarnation of EMIYA (Extra Archer) being able to replicate Excalibur I recall as that one statement from Q&A from a character bio.

More specifically, Fate Extra Materials.

Noble Phantasm
Unlimited Blade Works: Infinite Creation of Swords
Type: Anti-Unit
Range: 30 ~ 66
Maximum number of targets: ???

EX Rank Noble Phantasms are in principle impossible to replicate. However, in the circumstance where the support of the original owner exists, replication becomes possible.”

This one is more specific.

Actually, now I think about it, this is likely a nod to Shirou’s replication of Avalon since He did done this in F/SN now I recall that instance

It depends.

As I starting to recall a incarnation of EMIYA (Extra Archer) being able to replicate Excalibur I recall as that one statement from Q&A from a character bio.

More specifically, Fate Extra Materials.

Noble Phantasm
Unlimited Blade Works: Infinite Creation of Swords
Type: Anti-Unit
Range: 30 ~ 66
Maximum number of targets: ???

EX Rank Noble Phantasms are in principle impossible to replicate. However, in the circumstance where the support of the original owner exists, replication becomes possible.”

This one is more specific.

Actually, now I think about it, this is likely a nod to Shirou’s replication of Avalon since He did done this in F/SN now I recall that instance
Pretty sure this is also due to Moon Cell support as well.

still doesnt contradict stay night shirou not being able to project these things. ( I think avalon was explained in SN itself too)

still doesnt contradict stay night shirou not being able to project these things. ( I think avalon was explained in SN itself too)
Yeah, which also supports the statement made in regards to Fate Extra hence why I say it is a nod to that as he has Avalon implanted in him by his adoptive father and have Saber there.

Oh right, there is… Miyuverse’s Shirou from the Prisma manga/anime series that outright shows him replicating IG-Alima much to my dismay when it comes to the general state of that series (The anime anyway)

Idk why is that even an argument, everything EMIYA and to an extend Shirou projected is imitation, both of them said this themselves multiple time iirc, unless what he projects is like mundane thing like kitchen knife or specifically Avalon, every NP he projected suffer one rank downgrade compare to the original, that why he fired it as Broken Phatasm which overload magical energy of the NP which allow his degraded projection achieve the same rank as original in term of power output, in exchange that the weapon is broke after using, but since he can just project another so it didn't bother him

Miyuverse Shirou can trace Divine Construct, but tt is hollow. And isn't the Excalibur Archer project is called Excalibur Image??

Idk why is that even an argument, everything EMIYA and to an extend Shirou projected is imitation, both of them said this themselves multiple time iirc, unless what he projects is like mundane thing like kitchen knife or specifically Avalon, every NP he projected suffer one rank downgrade compare to the original, that why he fired it as Broken Phatasm which overload magical energy of the NP which allow his degraded projection achieve the same rank as original in term of power output, in exchange that the weapon is broke after using, but since he can just project another so it didn't bother him

Miyuverse Shirou can trace Divine Construct, but tt is hollow. And isn't the Excalibur Archer project is called Excalibur Image??
EMIYA says he isnt projecting "Excalibur", but "something close". Thats the difference. ( in stay night at least).
Its not even a ranked down excalibur, but "something close" to it. theres more nuance

Last edited:

Yeah, that is the one for Extra EMIYA

Oh right, there is… Miyuverse’s Shirou from the Prisma manga/anime series that outright shows him replicating IG-Alima much to my dismay when it comes to the general state of that series (The anime anyway)
Miyuverse already breaks a lot of nasuverse rules, to the point where the author just said to regard it as "official fanfic"

Miyuverse already breaks a lot of nasuverse rules, to the point where the author just said to regard it as "official fanfic"
I recall FGO kinda also got loose with the Nasuverse rule as Nasu is known to not exactly follow his own rule to a T obviously. Edit: I forget to mention other Authors as well as Nasu has hired other writers as well .

Hell, I am pretty sure we ditched the Parameter Rule scalings for Servants entirely.

I recall FGO kinda also got loose with the Nasuverse rule as Nasu is known to not exactly follow his own rule to a T obviously.
prisma illya is 100x wackier
Hell, I pretty sure we ditched the Parameter Rule scalings for Servants entirely.
They never really should have been used, since God Hand implies there are attacks of lower ranks stronger than ones with higher parameter letters.

prisma illya is 100x wackier

They never really should have been used, since God Hand implies there are attacks of lower ranks stronger than ones with higher parameter letters.
Don’t think that is what mentioned for God Hand as only A or higher NPs can afford to damage him which is consistent in the F/SN VN with the case of Excalibur, Enkidu’s Chains, and so on.

Don’t think that is what mentioned for God Hand as only A or higher NPs can afford to damage him which is consistent in the F/SN with the case of Excalibur, Enkidu’s Chains, and so on.
Pretty sure its said that no matter how powerful the attack, if its below A it gets negated

Pretty sure its said that no matter how powerful the attack, if its below A it gets negated
It says more along the lines of “nullification”.

“A blessing of Gods, as well as a curse. It is a Noble Phantasm given to Heracles, representing immortality. This Noble Phantasm does not have an overt external manifestation such as a weapon or armour, but if you hazard to put a shape to it, the body itself can be called the Noble Phantasm. God Hand turns one’s body into a tough suit of armour and nullifies all attacks Rank B or lower, regardless the attack being physical or magical. It also has the effect of automatic resurrection after death. Because the resurrection effect has 11 uses, Heracles cannot perish unless killed 12 times. In addition, due to Illya’s immense magical energy, given enough time, the lives lost can also be regenerated.”

Nasu later clarified on the God Hand not exactly negating in a Q&A:

Nasu: You don't have to die. For example... if you were to take fire damage, once you recover you would gain +100 resistance to fire.
Takeuchi: Oh, feels like it has been toned-down. Wouldn't it have completely nullified it before?
Nasu: I said it won't work, but I don't think I've ever said it'll be negated. BB: "Mine is to nullify all attacks, Macho-san's is to triple his defense! What's the difference!?" Heracles: "It's not even close (to your hacked ability)!"”

Edit: I forget to add the question that was being answered.

The question was about this part.

Q: With Berserker's Noble Phantasm God Hand, you gain resistance to an attack once you're hit by it, but do you only gain this resistance by having died once? Would the same attack be effective multiple times as long as it was before he died? <Madao Gingetsu>

Last edited:
5. Yea, I agree this seems kinda contradictory… but the OP misframed this statement. The 2 statements that the OP linked come from the exact same source, but the one where Nasu tells you to ask Urobuchi literally comes right before this statement. This is intentionally putting a questionable/outlandish statement in order to reinforce his earlier point. But regardless, CS can buff servants to operate far beyond their usual capabilities, a similar boost is probable.

I have a question on this topic.

Is this topic about Ciel being mentioned as being able to kill Dead Apostle, and Kirei being said to be equal to Dead Apostle?

So yeah, TLDR, for Herc’s God Hand, apparently you don’t have to die to gain resistance to a attack higher than B here, but the person asking the question was likely unaware of the fact that God Hand nullifies B rank attacks or lower as they were referring to the auto resurrection rather than the other functions of God Hand

It also kinda a contradiction as Herc’s God Hand auto resurrection requires Herc to die so I say it is valid to drop some of that Q&A given all other available mats pretty much consistently brought it up or implied it.
The autoressurection only helps nullify it, otherwise, it’s:

God Hand also possesses a third effect: rendering an attack that it has experienced before useless.
Doesn’t exactly say the attack has to kill him.

Hmmm, you forget this part after the sentence.

“ Regardless how powerful is the Noble Phantasm that defeated Heracles, it would be completely nullified after he resurrects.”
Yes,but that’s in the event that Herc dies. Otherwise it would just have a general weakening effect

3. Contradictory “the strongest” statements.
I’ll just paste what I said on discord. I’m not even sure how this one in particular wasnt looked at through a watchful eye, as @Qliphoth_Backal was present.

Bruh, in what part was I involved in for that cuz I have zero recollection of this besides another thread relating to WoG stuff of Nasu lol

Bruh, in what part was I involved in for that cuz I have zero recollection of this besides another thread relating to WoG stuff of Nasu lol
maybe I have shit memory, but I remember you being one of the ones approving the removal

Wasn’t really meant to be a call out,more like “why did no one else before me question any of this lmao”

Back