• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War Supporters Pull a Helios ⌈Magic Resistance Removal⌋

So you are saying that the abilities and resistances provided by the UES apply to gods but not to mortal humans.
UES means more of X gives you more of Y.

If resistance to heat manipulation stats when X=10. You'd only get heat resistance when X is >10. If X is <10 then no heat resistance would be given.

If magic resistance is only approved of for Gods, no one weaker than a God would qualify for the resistance under our standards. Since you can't downscale a resistance. For them to qualify you would need to make a new scaling chain where it starts with mortals and goes up from there.

UES means more of X gives you more of Y.

If resistance to heat manipulation stats when X=10. You'd only get heat resistance when X is >10. If X is <10 then no heat resistance would be given.

If magic resistance is only approved of for Gods, no one weaker than a God would qualify for the resistance under our standards. Since you can't downscale a resistance. For them to qualify you would need to make a new scaling chain where it starts with mortals and goes up from there.
But we use resistance not only for divine beings for all beings who possess magic and the metaphysical nature of the soul, whose life force comes from primordial chaos. Yes, the gods are more specialized and more powerful in these forces, but the nature is the same. Only the gods use it at a higher level

But we use resistance not only for divine beings for all beings who possess magic and the metaphysical nature of the soul, whose life force comes from primordial chaos.
As shown in the OP, that was never approved of. Only Gods were accepted as having resistance. You would need to make a new CRT giving mortals magic resistance.

As shown in the OP, that was never approved of. Only Gods were accepted as having resistance. You would need to make a new CRT giving mortals magic resistance.
Op is wrong about this, these are things written on the GoW magic page on the wiki

Universal Power​

The above applies for all pantheons, including the Nordic lands, seeing as runes connect all,[46] it can amplify perceptions and senses.[47] Also showcased by the fact that Atreus's bow is effective solely because it uses magic.[48]

But on top of all of this, when Kratos clarifies the origin of the primordial fire in his Blades, Surtr himself reminds us that the origin of primordial magic doesn't matter,[49] and indeed, this same magic takes the place of Sinmara's heart to allow Surtr to become Ragnarok. As such, magic itself, regardless of mythical origin would scale to the same level and potency.
The page is too long, it gives a little clue about the nature of magics

And this explains the nature of the soul and its relationship with magic.

Below are the levels to which magics affect the soul and its aspects, as well as the resistance to them. Starting with the Greek World;
Here, page explains that there is resistance to the abilities written on the page and that he has those abilities. Abilities are a bit long, but they are general magics

Well, as I said, the situation is not like the OP's. For this, there is already an accepted UES mechanic

Well, as I said, the situation is not like the OP's. For this, there is already an accepted UES mechanic
You're missing the point with the OP and how the standards apply. The UES for Resistance was accepted, but that Resistance was only accepted for God or God tier entities. What that means is that people below Gods would not gain that resistance, only people comparable to Gods or are superior to them.

To use the previously mentioned Bleach example, look at the Hollow physiology page. In that page you have a section for lesser Hollows and one for greater Hollows. Despite having a UES, the lesser Hollows would not get the abilities given to the greater tier. That doesn't break UES or Resistance applications, that's just how the standards work.

Someone like Zeus would keep his resistances as the OP mentions. What it means is that random soldier 5 wouldn't have them, as the resistance doesn't start with baseline magic users but Gods. For them to have resistance you would need to change where the scaling chain starts as I mentioned before.

If you still don't get the above then there's really no way I can explain it more clearly.

Here, page explains that there is resistance to the abilities written on the page and that he has those abilities. Abilities are a bit long, but they are general magics

I'm gonna stop you right here, nothing in this section says mortal magic users innately resist magic. Let's go step by step with this one:
This is all the page has to say on the matter of magic resistance. Not once does it even mention mortals. Not just in the context of "mortals resisting the use of magic", but in any context.

You're missing the point with the OP and how the standards apply. The UES for Resistance was accepted, but that Resistance was only accepted for God or God tier entities. What that means is that people below Gods would not gain that resistance, only people comparable to Gods or are superior to them.

To use the previously mentioned Bleach example, look at the Hollow physiology page. In that page you have a section for lesser Hollows and one for greater Hollows. Despite having a UES, the lesser Hollows would not get the abilities given to the greater tier. That doesn't break UES or Resistance applications, that's just how the standards work.

Someone like Zeus would keep his resistances as the OP mentions. What it means is that random soldier 5 wouldn't have them, as the resistance doesn't start with baseline magic users but Gods. For them to have resistance you would need to change where the scaling chain starts as I mentioned before.

If you still don't get the above then there's really no way I can explain it more clearly.
Actually, I understand what you mean, but what I mean is that basically the relationship and nature of souls and all beings with magic is the same.

But other than that, this seems fair. I said in this thread that UES would give resistance because Fuji directly said that abilities will not provide resistance even with UES, any being that has abilities will not have resistance. I explained that this was wrong according to the GoW's UES mechanic and magic page.

Btw, I forgot to mention that you said that these resistances are only valid for god level beings, but there are not many profiles for GoW that are not god level anyway...

So most profiles are gods or godly level already...

Well... I seriously don't know how many profiles will affect. Maybe 2, maybe 3 or maybe 4, but whatever, just go ahead. I just wanted to point this out.

I think you're going to have a heart attack when you see them all added again... ;)
This would be the hundredth time someone smugly tells me that they're going to epically debunk me, and every time someone claims that, it ends up never happening. Perhaps it would be best to not make such bold claims unless you are 100% certain that they are true.
Dude, I'm not an old geezer, so there's no point in saying that.
No, there definitely is a point. Refer to me as who I am, or do not refer to me at all.

Back