• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is intended to promote discussion about the verse, mainly to improve and create new character profiles, but conversations about the characters, light/visual novels, games, anime, manga and other media of the series are also welcome.

We would need to discuss the mechanics of servant summoning and who can get scaled from what.

Fate/Apocrypha has their own feats to work with, but Strange Fake, Grand Order and others are harder outside of the obvious, non-scaleable high tiers

There's also the fact that F/GO has something like 100 servants...

As for Prototype, I think we already have those? Or at least calcs.

For now I would like to just finish off the roster for Apocrypha, since there's 16 Servants in total and we only have 5 of those for now. We don't have any Prototype or P/FB&S Servants like Proto Saber, Proto Gil, Arash, Proto Cu and so on.

Regarding Grand Order, we have some feats for people like Arjuna and such during their interludes (small quests which boost the Servants in game play). There's also profile info about them. I was thinking at the very least adding Solomon, and maybe Shielder. There's more to how the Servants appear in the story, but they seem at the very least comparable to the ones we have in cutscenes (not gameplay).

Well, that's basically what I said regarding Grand Order. I don't know how many interludes are translated tbh, nor if they have any good feats. Pretty sure reddit has a few threads for the few GO servants that have been somewhat translated (unfortunately not Scathach, although her interlude was TL'd on tumblr). We can use those maybe.

As for prototype, there are a bunch of NF calcs and they end up being Island level/massively hypersonic. Of course, since this isn't part of the Fate multiverse, it is entirely non-canon so it can never apply to F/SN servants.

There are translation on BL and such, I can easily find them if you want.

Regarding Prototype and Fragments, they are part of the Fate Multiverse since characters like Manaka, Arash, Ramesses, Brynhild, Paracelsus and such have appeared in other works and Grand Order (not Manaka, but the Servants). It's as much canon as Apocrypha and the relevant parts of Grand Order are (which includes the meme that is Edison).

Prototype is pretty much explictly non-canon though. It was made by Nasu in college as a template for Stay Night. The characters that appear in GO are canon, but Prototype not so much.

You mean Beast's Lair right?

Well, sure, but I don't know if that is necessarily where the centralized translation project is going on, if there is one.

The people translating the profiles are members of BL and most of the datamined stuff about GO comes from there as well.

Regarding Prototype, it is canon as far as Nasu is concerned, considering that he wrote it himself. It just occurs in a different timeline than the other works. Even mainstays like FSN and FZ aren't really congruent in terms of timeline and canon, as some FZ stuff contradicts FSN and so on. Nasu's stance is basically everything that doesn't fit in one timeline is in another timeline and so on due to Zelretch's Kaleidoscope, since he can view parallel universes.

GO Servants have varying flavours. There's the normal ones, which have appeared in works like FSN, Apocrypha, Prototype, Fragments and so on. There's the mildly silly ones introduced like Orion/Artemis, Bonny/Reed, Nobunaga and Okita. There's those that were initially scrapped like Kintoki, George and David. And finally there are the absolute silly ones like Santa Alter, MHX and Edison/Captain Leomon.

About the actual additions, could we perhaps start with Apocrypha Servants? I'll make a list here for the ones missing: Atalanta, Shakespeare, Semiramis, Spartacus, Astolfo, Avicebron, Jack, Frankenstein and Shirou Kotomine.

Shirou Kotomine...kill him! kill him! lol is a monster!

Anyway IIRC Beast's lair has a thread for the translation of F/GO. About the other fate series, it was my idea of first end the Apocrypha profiles and then to the next one (Prototype, Grand Order, Hollow Ataraxia, etc).

Personally, I think that was a KE application, where Iwan used the KE required to fragment a tank. He then used the KE value that he got to derive Saber's speed.

With what Iwan said about taking each feat on a case-by-case basis, and the fact that the previous calculation from before (Saber and Rider jumping up a building) got ~Mach 52 with this one getting ~Mach 56, I am okay with this calculation as it is consistent.

The previous calc wasn't accepted because we annointed new standards for disappearing from eyesight.

For those making the profiles, regarding Semiramis, should the Hanging Gardens be added to her profile as part of her AP/DC and range? It is one of her NPs, but requires prep time.

I was wondering, given the fact that Characters like Archer have a Strength of D (Town level), E rank should way higher than Wall level, right?

KamiYasha said:
I was wondering, given the fact that Characters like Archer have a Strength of D (Town level), E rank should way higher than Wall level, right?
I don't think we can use powerscaling like that.

If we're going by actual scaling listed on the Type-Moon wiki, a D ranked servant is about twice as strong as a D rank servant.

Perhaps Wall level is a bit low for Shakespeare, but did he demonstrate any destructive feats?

We would need feats for E rank honestly, because Nasu uses a system that implies that A rank is only something like 2.5x D rank, which is dumb.

I rated him based on the fact that he and Anderse had not demonstrated any destructive feats (to the best of my knowledge) so I based it on the statement that even the weakest Servant is ten times stronger than the strongest human.

Alakabamm said:
We would need feats for E rank honestly, because Nasu uses a system that implies that A rank is only something like 2.5x D rank, which is dumb.
I do remember Gilles being able to lift up casually crush a child's skull with his fingertips with D Rank Strength. Caster is also able to easily cleave Shirou's arm off with Rule Breaker with E Rank Strength.

Crazystarf said:
Perhaps we can scale Shakespeare to Assasin who are only in 8-B, per being the weakest servant?
I somehow doubt that, since True Assassin has B Rank Strength (on par with Saber under Shirou) and neither Shakespeare nor Anderson have the magecraft to compensate.

Could someone render this image of Atalanta?

So for now we only have Atalanta (Archer of Red), Spartacus (Berserker of Red), Avicebron/Solomon ibn Gabirol (Caster of Black) (no relation to good old Solomon, Grand Caster), and Jack (Assassin of Black) to finish, right?

Might I ask, are there even any legit dude characters from Apocrypha? It looks like everyone's a girl or a trap (Dammit Astolfo, you were my favorite character design-wise).

Gemmysaur said:
Might I ask, are there even any legit dude characters from Apocrypha? It looks like everyone's a girl or a trap (Dammit Astolfo, you were my favorite character design-wise).
You must have missed Karna, Achilles, Avicebron, Chiron, Vlad III, Siegfried, and the most manliest and M of them all, Spartacus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back