• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I really think the significant Aoko upscaling in FGO is indicative of Nasu's intent of saying that your regular servants are the standard any more.

Like I know Nasu has said he's been meaning to bump up DAAs for a while now, but I feel like the way Aoko's shot up, we're gonna see some really wild shit from more classic DAAs and not just the Outliers like ORT

I really think the significant Aoko upscaling in FGO is indicative of Nasu's intent of saying that your regular servants are the standard any more.

Like I know Nasu has said he's been meaning to bump up DAAs for a while now, but I feel like the way Aoko's shot up, we're gonna see some really wild shit from more classic DAAs and not just the Outliers like ORT
There's plans to upgrade most of Tsukihime beyond what they're currently accepted as, although I do question if these buffs will ever go through for off site reasons

Also, ORT isn't the only "outlier" when Roa is also tier 1

Isn't Aoko in need of an Upscaling? Staying 6-C after the Mahoyo event is really selling her short.
The current state of all the profiles is complete garbage so any major revision would involve revising literally everything, which is what I'm doing now (reading UBW as we speak)

The first threads would probably involve setting guidelines for how things like Servant scaling would work (whether ranks are fake or real and the status of mental amps for example), making some general pages/blogs (Magecraft page and a cosmology blog are desperately needed rn), and then revising all the profiles, probably starting with Servant stuff considering so much of the verse's scaling depends on it.

As for Aoko, High 5-A or Tier 1 inshallah

The current state of all the profiles is complete garbage so any major revision would involve revising literally everything, which is what I'm doing now (reading UBW as we speak)

The first threads would probably involve setting guidelines for how things like Servant scaling would work (whether ranks are fake or real and the status of mental amps for example), making some general pages/blogs (Magecraft page and a cosmology blog are desperately needed rn), and then revising all the profiles, probably starting with Servant stuff considering so much of the verse's scaling depends on it.

As for Aoko, High 5-A or Tier 1 inshallah
In other words, deleting the verse would be ideal to sort all that out

Good luck! I've lurked again and seen that the new tiering is finally applied. I saw many people lurking and agreeing with Tier 0 [ ] back in the commoner threads but seems like there's opposition for it now. Best get your A-Game.

On an unrelated note, so much SQ in FGO NA right now!

Good luck! I've lurked again and seen that the new tiering is finally applied. I saw many people lurking and agreeing with Tier 0 [ ] back in the commoner threads but seems like there's opposition for it now. Best get your A-Game.
Eh, The Root itself is kinda in a state where nothing (that I'm knowledgeable of) can go against its tiering, it's more about details and Shiki's case tbf.

Oh yeah on other news
Apparently there is a new complete english fan TL of Hollow Ataraxia, if anyone's interested.

GIC63QmbMAALYEs.jpg

Y'all know Deagon follows this thread right?
That aside, anyone have any revisions in mind? The scaling is gonna be massively revised for the verse down the line, so every small amount of help is always good

That aside, anyone have any revisions in mind? The scaling is gonna be massively revised for the verse down the line, so every small amount of help is always good
I've given up on this site for Nasuverse scaling. I'm only here to upgrade the root since it's supposed to be undeniable but I forgot Deagonx exists.

I'm working on FSN, but FBates' tl for days 10-16 of HF still isn't out and Mirror Moon's TL is absolutely horrid (super abridged, leaves out important details, straight up misleading at parts) so chances are the actual threads are gonna have to wait until the Steam version comes out and I do a third skim-read

You can revise ALL of Fate Grand Order

What a waste of time lol. We can barely get staff to evaluate a thread for a single character. And you want to do a whole part of Nasuverse? Good luck with that. Especially if it involves upgrades.

What a waste of time lol. We can barely get staff to evaluate a thread for a single character. And you want to do a whole part of Nasuverse? Good luck with that. Especially if it involves upgrades.
Well the plan is to pretty much revise all the entries.

Though yes, Fate Grand Order would be a monster to tackle.

Real quick, what are people's stances on parameter scaling? That should probably be discussed before any massive revisions happen.

Wanna gauge if that'd be a controversial thread or not

Nasuverse prolly just needs to be put on hold since it might need massive revisions, like going through all of Fate/Grand Order. I’ve seen that one G1 Death Battle blog for Luke vs Saber but even that’s not comprehensive enough. But those older people from 2019 to 2021 who used to be super active with Nasu stuff have all seemed to just not be as active anymore (like the people who made the 6D and 8D buff threads in the first place when I lurked back then).

IIRC other verses like Touhou are on hold due to having massive reworks planned for it, so I suppose the same can be said with Nasuverse. The current Tier 0 thread wouldn’t affect the rest of the verse though (I think), but if there’s not much staff willing to go over all of Nasuverse (which is a monumental task), then idk, deleting it for now might be good? Kinda like how Shinza Banzo got deleted. IIRC a lot of the VS Battles Nasu stuff also comes from the Type-Moon Wiki which is…. notoriously bad. At least then if some dedicated groups of staff members finally decide to redo Nasu then they can revive the pages.

That’s just an old VSBW lurker’s take, anyways. I’m not actually seriously considering deleting it, it’s an extreme option. But it’s still an option.

Real quick, what are people's stances on parameter scaling? That should probably be discussed before any massive revisions happen.

Way to inconsistent, one day a D rank STR servant can keep up with a B rank servant, the other day having the STR of a Caster (so E or D) is basically useless and you're worthless if you don't either have good magic or a good niche/NP, Sanzang has E rank STR but use physical attack, etc...
For the NP the type (anti fortress, anti unit, anti purge, etc) is more important than the rank most of the time.
Ex: Mash D rank NP blocked a grailed Salter Excalibur that is >A rank.
Aside for creating a scaling chain within a single work I don't see how it would be of use.

Nasuverse prolly just needs to be put on hold since it might need massive revisions, like going through all of Fate/Grand Order. I’ve seen that one G1 Death Battle blog for Luke vs Saber but even that’s not comprehensive enough. But those older people from 2019 to 2021 who used to be super active with Nasu stuff have all seemed to just not be as active anymore (like the people who made the 6D and 8D buff threads in the first place when I lurked back then).

IIRC other verses like Touhou are on hold due to having massive reworks planned for it, so I suppose the same can be said with Nasuverse. The current Tier 0 thread wouldn’t affect the rest of the verse though (I think), but if there’s not much staff willing to go over all of Nasuverse (which is a monumental task), then idk, deleting it for now might be good? Kinda like how Shinza Banzo got deleted. IIRC a lot of the VS Battles Nasu stuff also comes from the Type-Moon Wiki which is…. notoriously bad. At least then if some dedicated groups of staff members finally decide to redo Nasu then they can revive the pages.

That’s just an old VSBW lurker’s take, anyways. I’m not actually seriously considering deleting it, it’s an extreme option. But it’s still an option.
deleting the verse could work tbh I've been seeing more and more people bring that up on and off site
Way to inconsistent, one day a D rank STR servant can keep up with a B rank servant, the other day having the STR of a Caster (so E or D) is basically useless and you're worthless if you don't either have good magic or a good niche/NP, Sanzang has E rank STR but use physical attack, etc...
For the NP the type (anti fortress, anti unit, anti purge, etc) is more important than the rank most of the time.
Ex: Mash D rank NP blocked a grailed Salter Excalibur that is >A rank.
Aside for creating a scaling chain within a single work I don't see how it would be of use.
I'd need to actually sit down and read through more of the series but just off of having finished my reread of Fate route and UBW the ranks at face value are kinda just incompatible with the actual inverse scaling

I think it's fairly inconsistent. Attacks of all Ranks are fairly comparable, it's just that higher Ranks are vaguely stronger (which may or may not even be the case depending on the context).

Back