• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Atlas Academy website added a search function for FGO's scripts, so skimming for a keyword or finding context for a quote became more convinent.

Someone should start a list for Servants and characters missing a profile.

Also, a bunch of CRTs awaiting staff evaluation.

I just started a new account for my new iPad and check out my tutorial summon

First pull
8e8671a36805f970aaede998e3306640.jpg

Apparently the developers made sprites for Saber Artoria early on before they knew they were working on Melty Blood, and they asked Nasu if they can be used, and he agreed on making her a playable character and said he'll make up a lore justification.

Highlights of Nasu's Tsukihime interview:
- TYPE-MOON were planning on releasing Tsukihime in 2014, but most of their energies eventually turned to FGO. They sort-of restarted production on Tsukihime in 2017, but Takuechi and Nasu were still mostly busy at the time. By the summer of 2020 they returned to production in earnest.
  • Nero was replaced by Vlov for a few reasons. Mostly, Nero status as a special-case was inappropriate now that vampires like that are a dime-a-dozen. Also, Nasu considers Nero too strong to be a mere mid-boss type of character.
  • Arcueid's new outfits. The heat-resistance outfit was something Nasu and Takuechi came up with together, but the date clothes are something Takuechi just suddenly pushed into Nasu's lap.
  • Though they decided for newcomer voice actors for the main characters, they intentionally cast most of the other characters with veterans to offset this. Still, they are very happy with everyone's performances. Noto Mamiko's performance as Arach was originally even more energetic than the final product.
  • There's a reason why Shiki could destroy Roa's feet together with the corridor in the final battle of Arc route. Adding onto this, Nasu says that many surely thought it odd that there only was 1 ending to Arcueid route.
  • A lot of the stuff for the Church and Mage's Association was done in preparation for Tsukihime R, and was intended to come out together with it in 2014. But due to circumstances, Sanda's Case Files came out before Tsukihime R, so a lot of the stuff for the Church was never released despite the Mage's association parts being released.
  • Ciel's 7th Holy Scripture is a tank. There are many parts of it that have yet to be glimpsed. Ciel can use the weapon due to her incredible reserve of magical energy. Even among all the monsters in the Mage's Association, she is by far the one with the biggest capacity. That said, capacity is not all when it comes to magecraft.
  • It is usual to think of the True Ending as such, but Nasu hints that there is more to Ciel's Normal Ending than there is to the True Ending.
  • Vlov's story is not yet done. Of course, there are a few things more that will be revealed about him in Melty Blood, but his role in Tsukihime is not yet done.
  • The "Textures" that appear in FGO was a concept originally developed for Tsukihime R as an answer to the question of how to negate civilization on the planet's surface.
  • The difference between the Fate worlds and the Tsukihime world is whether Human Order is strong (Fate) or weak (Tsukihime). One could also think of it as the story of the Mage's Association (Fate) and the Holy Church (Tsukihime) as well.
  • There are additional plans for the Dead Apostle Ancestors. Though perhaps not directly, maybe 1/3rd of them will be introduced in Tsukihime.
  • Sasaki Shounen did the layouts/storyboards for the major fights in the Ciel Route (vs Vlov, vs Noel, Calvaria's Star).
  • Calvaria's Star is about as strong as Excalibur (though its usage is very different). It might be correct to think of it as one of the peaks of magecraft.
  • As for the Far Side routes, there will be 4 of them, including Satsuki. As for now, they have not entered production yet, but currently TYPE-MOON's focus are the climax of FGO part 2 and the Far Side of Tsukihime. None of the new routes will probably be as massive as Ciel Route, however.
  • They thought of doing a Steam port of Tsukihime R, but Nasu wants it to have a translation in that case. Getting the game translated to other languages is very difficult and has always been a hurdle for them putting out games in other regions.
  • There are no concrete plans for Tsukihime 2, but Nasu thinks he'd like it to be an open world RPG.

In the point about Ciel's route not being subdued, he mentioned that it takes a lot of graphical power to portray the strength of the antagonist, so he is not necessarily saying the four future routes (if they don't get indefinitely delayed) will be shorter in word count.

Melty Blood was supposed to be the aftermath of Satsuki's route, ironic that she is not a playable character in Type Lumina.

So Shiki did a long-range space-cutting attack when he fought Roa?

Also, Ciel's trump card scaled to Excalibur.

• Calvaria's Star is about as strong as Excalibur (though its usage is very different). It might be correct to think of it as one of the peaks of magecraft.
like sefar busting excalibur ooooooooor?
also peoples already complaining that nero will be in the game and is overused

like sefar busting excalibur ooooooooor?
also peoples already complaining that nero will be in the game and is overused
I think it will be the sealed excalibur, the feat is somewhat in the the level of normal excalibur tier here. (Would have been cool to see and calc calvaria star)

I just started a new account for my new iPad and check out my tutorial summon
I rolled some accounts with the new start bonus NA got. With some patience, you can get even better than that, actually - I would actually say you should, as it sets you up SOOOOO much better

The new account I'm playing rolled Siegfried, Helena, Martha and Sakurascope in the tutorial, then Xiang Yu and Kaleidoscope in the tickets you get.

Shouldn’t I have gotten the new start bonus? I don’t remember getting it
When did you start you account?

Can't complain, I guess?

By the way, throwing an idea to see if someone has gone further than me - Is it just me or Typemoon pays TOO much attention to the buildings/architecture? This + Touko ''General Architectural Magecraft'' makes me feel like there's something I'm missing in the design of the houses of FSN for example.

Last edited:
To be honest I’ve been so busy with Oniland I haven’t been using this new account much, but I just managed to pull Mordred with 1 summon ticket

I just farmed enough to NP 5 Shuten Caster, cause ST Casters don't exist
My time and ap is better spent in Charlotte, sweet sweet <3 hero proofs and void coke

Last edited:
I’ve already got Medea, Circe, and Illya for that purpose
Medea shouldn't seriously be considered a ST option, even the 3 stars AoE do more damage than her.
Babbage (especially with the JP upgrade, which makes him a crit. DPSer) and Cu Caster are far superior as DPSers. Illya is godly though.

Now, Shuten Caster is pretty good, and Buster, so easy to combo even using budget supps.

her ability to loop is relevant
Do the numbers in game, it's not worth it actually. Hundred Faces can loop almost as easily, will do more damage and have WAY more survivability than Medea. And Hundred Faces will do more damage even vs. Assassins. You can't NP more than once a turn, and one of Medea's NP once a turn is a net minus in damage.

Do the numbers in game, it's not worth it actually. Hundred Faces can loop almost as easily, will do more damage and have WAY more survivability than Medea. And Hundred Faces will do more damage even vs. Assassins. You can't NP more than once a turn, and one of Medea's NP once a turn is a net minus in damage.
survivability aside, pretty sure medea still deals more and loop more easily, anyway no point in being devil's advocate, a ST with class advantage shouldn't be compared to an AOE without to begin with. She's still useful when you need her to remove debuffs and buffs tho

Some welfares are better than most SSRs even if > NP 1, or have abilities you find nowhere.
Shiki Assassin (Top Tier ST Assasin) and Ryuma (ST Arts Rider), for example.
ik I've max grailed+golden fou assassin Shiki, but at np1, they the lack damage due to lack of np lvl and low stats

ik I've max grailed+golden fou assassin Shiki, but at np1, they the lack damage due to lack of np lvl and low stats
But why are you using NP 1 of a Welfare as a comparison? You get NP 5 for free unless you miss the timing
They are even balanced around the fact that you get NP 5 for free, as Welfare's base stats are a bit lower than 4 star average

But why are you using NP 1 of a Welfare as a comparison? You get NP 5 for free unless you miss the timing
They are even balanced around the fact that you get NP 5 for free, as Welfare's base stats are a bit lower than 4 star average
didn't you said that np1 sr welfare>np1 ssr
or maybe i just misunderstood

Back