• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We default the term superdimensional to 4D or just any higher dimensional level. It isn't nearly enough to get to that big of a tier
The thing is that we're not trying to tier that specific statement in its context but rather to apply the idea of being apophatic to the very idea/concept/definition of a hypercube which would be encompassed by the Taiji for instance. It's more of a supportive argument for the Root than anything else.

The thing is that we're not trying to tier that specific statement in its context but rather to apply the idea of being apophatic to the very idea/concept/definition of a hypercube which would be encompassed by the Taiji for instance. It's more of a supportive argument for the Root than anything else.
That's textbook NLF...

I mean it's true. You're basically taking the hypercube dimensions to the highest interpretation (it being able to represent absolutely any amount of dimensions). When +1 dimensions or even just 4D can easily satisfy that.
Did you read my comment ? I'm talking about the whole idea/concept of it in the verse, not in the specific context of Koyanska defining the mental structure. Are you suggesting that the very concept of a hypercube (which is encompassed by the Taiji) is limited to 4D ?

On Caren mats.
■■■■
"Hm? Are you talking about her? That human juggernaut?
Surely she would never show up in Chaldea... is what I used to think, but with ■■■■ anything is possible, I suppose.
She may not look it, but she is someone who has nonchalantly defeated a handful of last bosses already.
I'm sure that she would display tremendous soloing potential, and then go all 'oops, did I do it again?' here as well.
Hopefully I have not jinxed us, God willing."
Ciel huh.

Did you read my comment ? I'm talking about the whole idea/concept of it in the verse, not in the specific context of Koyanska defining the mental structure. Are you suggesting that the very concept of a hypercube (which is encompassed by the Taiji) is limited.
Kinda throwing some weird buzzwords at me that ultimately mean nothing.

Comprehension issues😄
I mean... Why is throwing nonsense like "very concept of hypercube encompassed by taiji" anything meaningful? How does this mean anything? The idea of higher dimensions already exist in the verse. It's just world salad. It wouldn't contain all possible dimensionalities that a hypercube could have and could be easily satisfied with just 4D. A lot of this just doesn't fly on this wiki.

I mean... Why is throwing nonsense like "very concept of hypercube encompassed by taiji" anything meaningful? How does this mean anything? The idea of higher dimensions already exist in the verse. It's just world salad. It wouldn't contain all possible dimensionalities that a hypercube could have. A lot of this just doesn't fly on this wiki.
He talk About how the root would be above the idea of hypercube of any-N existing. And he would be true since even if their was suddenly a description about it, root would be above it bcz it's nature.

He talk About how the root would be above the idea of hypercube of any-N existing. And he would be true since even if their was suddenly a description about it, root would be above it bcz it's nature.
Where is the n-dimensional statement? It'd have to be way more direct. Right now it's just assertions.

The hypercube definition is that it's a cube with n-dimension. You like ask me to show that fire burn in fate
That still doesn't amount to anything higher than whatever higher dimensions exist within the verse. This is still quite literally a NLF. You're trying to take something vague and not really shown to be "any amount of dimensions" to the highest possible point which is "any amount of dimensions.".

That still doesn't amount to anything higher than whatever higher dimensions exist within the verse. This is still quite literally a NLF. You're trying to take something vague and not really shown to be "any amount of dimensions" to the highest possible point which is "any amount of dimensions.".
No? The definition litteral of the hypercube is a cube of n-dimmension. Their litteraly no number of dimmension attached to it. Their no NLF in litteraly tell you what the definition is. You litteraly tell a definition is limited to the number of existing higher D in the verse

Does the concept of hypercube in our universe is 4D bcz our universe is only 4D?

No? The definition litteral of the hypercube is a cube of n-dimmension. Their litteraly no number of dimmension attached to it. Their no NLF in litteraly tell you what the definition is. You litteraly tell a definition is limited to the number of existing higher D in the verse

Does the concept of hypercube in our universe is 4D bcz our universe is only 4D?
Taking literal definitions won't help your case and doesn't help with a lot of verses as that can lead to a lot of wank and overinflated ratings. It's an appeal to definition. You are trying to equate things in real life to things in fiction. A hypercube is just 4D or higher dimensions. In case of nasuverse it can still just be defined by the higher dimensions that exist in the verse.

Taking literal definitions won't help your case and doesn't help with a lot of verses as that can lead to a lot of wank and overinflated ratings. It's an appeal to definition. You are trying to equate things in real life to things in fiction. A hypercube is just 4D or higher dimensions. In case of nasuverse it can still just be defined by the higher dimensions that exist in the verse.
Nasuverse definitely has opps

Should we just bother nasu and force him to say "Nasuverse is outerversal in vs battle wiki" so that people can stop saying it's a wank everytime there's some argument for it being 1-A❓❓❓

I mean... Why is throwing nonsense like "very concept of hypercube encompassed by taiji" anything meaningful? How does this mean anything? The idea of higher dimensions already exist in the verse. It's just world salad. It wouldn't contain all possible dimensionalities that a hypercube could have and could be easily satisfied with just 4D. A lot of this just doesn't fly on this wiki.
Because the Hypercube’s concept is literally being n-dimensional, not 4D or any set dimensionality.
The concept of Hypercube existing in the verse means that no matter the dimensionality of a hypothetical Hypercube, it would be below the root in nature, which is why I said it was a supportive argument.
It's an appeal to definition. You are trying to equate things in real life to things in fiction. A hypercube is just 4D or higher dimensions. In case of nasuverse it can still just be defined by the higher dimensions that exist in the verse.
… ? Anyways, Ockham’s razor would prefer my interpretation over yours since a hypercube quite literally means what it means. Downplaying it and saying « appeal to definition » won’t change what a hypercube is, it’s like dismissing a statement because « there is no proof that the words used in it follow the real definitions we know », which is nonsensical.
I could have agreed with you if it was some vague philosophical notion but this is quite literally a precise mathematical definition that isn’t subject to change just because we choose to arbitrarily decide its meaning.
But whatever, it’s still a NLF, right ?

Also, to clarify once again so you don’t misrepresent my argument, I’m talking about the very concept of what a hypercube is here (since everything is conceptually captured by the Taiji), and not about some random hypercube in a specific context.

Because the Hypercube’s concept is literally being n-dimensional, not 4D or any set dimensionality.
The concept of Hypercube existing in the verse means that no matter the dimensionality of a hypothetical Hypercube, it would be below the root in nature, which is why I said it was a supportive argument.
a 3D, 2D, 1D, and even 0D hypercube is impossible and does not exist.

a 3D, 2D, 1D, and even 0D hypercube is impossible and does not exist.
Say what ?
A hypercube can be defined by increasing the numbers of dimensions of a shape:

0 – A point is a hypercube of dimension zero.
1 – If one moves this point one unit length, it will sweep out a line segment, which is a unit hypercube of dimension one.
2 – If one moves this line segment its length in a perpendicular direction from itself; it sweeps out a 2-dimensional square.
3 – If one moves the square one unit length in the direction perpendicular to the plane it lies on, it will generate a 3-dimensional cube.
4 – If one moves the cube one unit length into the fourth dimension, it generates a 4-dimensional unit hypercube (a unit tesseract).

This can be generalized to any number of dimensions.
That’s not a very good point to make anyways and does not change anything.

i am kinda questioning the scans legitimacy since i cant even find it anywhere not even places that archive scripts and that the only place i can find it is a thread on spacebattles and no one is able to even find where its from
Say what ?

4 – If one moves the cube one unit length into the fourth dimension, it generates a 4-dimensional unit hypercube (a unit tesseract).

A tesseract is a hypercube.

The wikipedia example you gave me is how to make a hypercube with points.

A tesseract is a hypercube.

The wikipedia example you gave me is how to make a hypercube with points.
0 – A point is a hypercube of dimension zero.
Imma be real with you chief, you cannot really argue against this, not to mention that :
It’s like… not changing anything ? What point are you even trying to make when talking about less than 4 dimensions ?

Imma be real with you chief, you cannot really argue against this, not to mention that :

It’s like… not changing anything ? What point are you even trying to make when talking about less than 4 dimensions ?
No idea since it is indeed irrelevant to tiering and will still remain a NLF to assume absolutely any amount of dimensions.

i am kinda questioning the scans legitimacy since i cant even find it anywhere not even places that archive scripts and that the only place i can find it is a thread on spacebattles and no one is able to even find where its from
Koyanska’s dialogue line when talking to Kiara (dialogue 6). The quote uses these kanjis « 超次元立方体 » which mean « superdimensional hypercube » / « hyperdimensional cube ».
No idea since it is indeed irrelevant to tiering and will still remain a NLF to assume absolutely any amount of dimensions.
I will be repeating myself once again and for the last time. I’m not talking about an actually or hypothetically existing hypercube, but the actual concept of a hypercube, which entails the notion of any n-dimensional hypercube existing going by its definition. In which case the Root is beyond that very concept ; in other words, any n-dimensional space cannot be the Root hence its 1-A tier.
(Reminder that I already said this is a supportive argument and not the whole basis for such a tier, obviously).

If you’re going to respond by saying « it’s a NLF » then please just don’t, it would be redundant.

Back