• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
No, because he still would have seen that future in the list of possibilities.
Look at it this way.
Boruto knows X jutsu => KK taught him via future Boruto => Once that time in future is arrived, the future that KK saw is going to be eliminated because that's how time works => For all intents and purposes the source of the jutsu is KK now => Where did KK learn the jutsu from? Because that future has already been eliminated.

Look at it this way.
Boruto knows X jutsu => KK taught him via future Boruto => Once that time in future is arrived, the future that KK saw is going to be eliminated because that's how time works => For all intents and purposes the source of the jutsu is KK now => Where did KK learn the jutsu from? Because that future has already been eliminated.
Boruto won’t “arrive” to that future
He arrives to a new one spawned from a change in Events

Look at it this way.
Not necessarily because he's viewing a different Boruto's possible future, not the current Boruto's future that'll come to pass. At least that's how I sorta understood it. He's looking at different possibilities for the future (aka different timelines), not necessarily how their own future will play out.
Think of it like Doctor Strange viewing millions of possibilities during Infinity War, but most of them don't end up materializing within their own timeline.
Nice to assume he's not far above 2C from what we've seen.
There's literally no reason to assume Shibai is even 2-C to begin with given the information we currently have. I'm not saying he can't be that high, or even higher, but based on what we have now? Nah.

KK would still retain the memories of the future that vanishes, he views them like narrative story beats
Yeah but that would be a bootstrap paradox would it not?
Boruto won’t “arrive” to that future
He arrives to a new one spawned from a change in Events
Yes but the old one vanishes. So basically the info about the jutsu effectively came from thin air.
Not necessarily because he's viewing a different Boruto's possible future, not the current Boruto's future that'll come to pass. At least that's how I sorta understood it. He's looking at different possibilities for the future (aka different timelines), not necessarily how their own future will play out.
Think of it like Doctor Strange viewing millions of possibilities during Infinity War, but most of them don't end up materializing within their own timeline.
MCU follows MWI so it wouldn't have that issue. In Boruto, the way it's explained, possibilities vanish. So the source will eventually vanish. Causing a bootstrap paradox.

Shibai just won't be Low 2-C on this site with the level of information we have for his transcendence.

Having a general statement of accruing so much power that you transcend into a higher dimension isn't enough to assume said transcendence was one that resulted in him transferring into a dimension that is mathematically higher compared to the normal Naruto world or him transcending beyond pass the 3-D existence that constructed his physical body.

Y'all can try to add it when the profile is made, but you're getting slammed on y'alls head by DT.

Shibai just won't be Low 2-C on this site with the level of information we have for his transcendence.

Having a general statement of accruing so much power that you transcend into a higher dimension isn't enough to assume said transcendence was one that resulted in him transferring into a dimension that is mathematically higher compared to the normal Naruto world or him transcending beyond pass the 3-D form that constructed his physical body.

Y'all can try to add it when the profile is made, but you're getting slammed on y'alls head by DT.
We basically have confirmation (unless the translations are incorrect) that the dimension Amado was talking about isn't a mathematical one, rather a completely separate dimension. When Momoshiki confirms Amado's statements he says that Shibai is no longer in this dimension. Someone who becomes 4D doesn't just leave the preexisting 3 Dimensions. So most likely Amado was talking about a separate dimension like pure lands or sumn.

Having a general statement of accruing so much power that you transcend into a higher dimension isn't enough to assume said transcendence was one that resulted in him transferring into a dimension that is mathematically higher compared to the normal Naruto world or him transcending beyond pass the 3-D existence that constructed his physical body.

nuh uhhh!!!!

Lmao. Although wouldn't mind them randomly pulling out ARs.

But the source of those information never existed after those futures are erased. So essentially Koji just magically had that info in his brain. This creates a paradox because Koji didn't actually invent those jutsus.
Not necessarily. So long as Boruto still has the capacity for those Jutsu, it wouldn’t create a paradox.

Point 1: Boruto Knows X Jutsu & Moves in the Future.
Point 2: Koji viewed those jutsu and moves via Prescience as an outside observer.
Point 3: Koji Teaches those moves to Boruto.
Point 4: Those Futures where Boruto learned those moves w/o Koji are erased, but new futures are created where Boruto knows those Jutsu and Moves at the same time.

The Time Paradox example is, one can’t go back in time to kill themselves because they wouldn’t exist in the future to go back in time in the first place. This logic only works for Linear Timelines.

Using Branched Theory, all you end up doing is creating a branched timeline where you no longer are living at the point you kill yourself. There is no paradox in this scenario.

This instance with Koji follows the Branched Theory.

Not necessarily. So long as Boruto still has the capacity for those Jutsu, it wouldn’t create a paradox.

Point 1: Boruto Knows X Jutsu & Moves in the Future.
Point 2: Koji viewed those jutsu and moves via Prescience as an outside observer.
Point 3: Koji Teaches those moves to Boruto.
Point 4: Those Futures where Boruto learned those moves w/o Koji are erased, but new futures are created where Boruto knows those Jutsu and Moves at the same time.
Yes but in the new futures he learned it from KK. That creates a Bootstrap Paradox tho.
The Time Paradox example is, one can’t go back in time to kill themselves because they wouldn’t exist in the future to go back in time in the first place. This logic only works for Linear Timelines.
Sure. But information paradoxes exist.
Using Branched Theory, all you end up doing is creating a branched timeline where you no longer are living at the point you kill yourself. There is no paradox in this scenario.
This works if there are separate physical concurrent timelines. Boruto doesn't have this. That would be MWI.

We basically have confirmation (unless the translations are incorrect) that the dimension Amado was talking about isn't a mathematical one, rather a completely separate dimension. When Momoshiki confirms Amado's statements he says that Shibai is no longer in this dimension. Someone who becomes 4D doesn't just leave the preexisting 3 Dimensions. So most likely Amado was talking about a separate dimension like pure lands or sumn.
Didnt care enough to check so far, but did anyone see what the raws say in the place where Momoshiki says that Shibai is no longer in their dimension in the English translation? I know some people were making a fuss about Amado using the word jigen when he described his ascension and saying that means hes a legit higher dimensional being, but did Momoshiki use jikūkan (time-space)?

Yes but in the new futures he learned it from KK. That creates a Bootstrap Paradox tho.

This works if there are separate physical concurrent timelines. Boruto doesn't have this. That would be MWI.
The way Koji explained it, it sounds like Multiple Branches exist until the timeline selects a Branch. This would ironically erase an infinite amount of branches while creating an infinite amount of branches at the same time 💀

**** it… Prescience gives Koji Resistance to Time Paradoxs. 🤷‍♂️

I don't quite agree with the madara take. We already saw the dual rinnengan madara vs hashirama fight. granted they were Edo but that just means they were both nerfed so alive it would not end differently. I think madara even said tobirama and hashirama can't attain their former speed when they were alive or something and they difference between edo and alive rinnengan has been restricted I.e limbo. Although this would go quite diferently if by dual rinnengan he means "alive madara with sage mode and the 2 rinnengan" then yeah madara takes it
I don't think fake Rinnegan are as powerful as real Rinnegan even taking Limbo aside, there's a reason there was so much emphasis placed on how Madara shouldn't get back his other Rinnegan, despite Obito not knowing Limbo. I also think Edo Madara~>Edo Hashirama as he got immobilizing rods in Hashirama's back that he just elected not to use until he revived

RIP to a goat
I mean he says Amado is right in response to him saying he attained higher dimensional existence so I wouldn't say that debunks it. Left the dimension can also mean leaving because he transcended to a higher one.

I think it's just that Koji's ability is outside these normal rules of time in that all possibilities that could've happened but didn't remain in his brain

people made a big deal because its a mathematical wording for dimension which does at face value mean what we associated higher spatial dimensions with, the issue is that alone isnt enough because the context surrounding can change if its meant to be taken literally or not. (in the same way someone can say as hot as the sun, something being as hot as the sun is a real temp but not every context means its literal, thats just not how language works)

there are many works that use the mathematical wording for exaggeration to emphasize a massive difference. obviously im not saying Shibai cant be a higher dimensional big chungus daddy tier 2 or hell even tier 1 character, its just that the info we have rn is so limited that its a non sequitur

The way Koji explained it, it sounds like Multiple Branches exist until the timeline selects a Branch. This would ironically erase an infinite amount of branches while creating an infinite amount of branches at the same time 💀
They are possibilities I think. If they were actual physical timelines, then every action would effectively be a genocide destroying entire universes.
**** it… Prescience gives Koji Resistance to Time Paradoxs. 🤷‍♂️
Koji did allude to it by saying "No contradictions. Believe it!" Prolly the only thing I dislike in this godly chapter.

I think it's just that Koji's ability is outside these normal rules of time in that all possibilities that could've happened but didn't remain in his brain
For this to happen (And it could be happening in the future), there has to be a second time axis that stores the history and information of all the possibilities.

For this to happen (And it could be happening in the future), there has to be a second time axis that stores the history and information of all the possibilities.
I think we still have a lot to learn about the cosmology, so it's entirely possible that all of these issues will be squared away naturally in the future.

I think we still have a lot to learn about the cosmology, so it's entirely possible that all of these issues will be squared away naturally in the future.
For sure. I am just bouncing off ideas and asking questions to form my own position. The manga isn't over and it can easily answer my questions in the future. I'm just impatient asf.

people made a big deal because its a mathematical wording for dimension which does at face value mean what we associated higher spatial dimensions with, the issue is that alone isnt enough because the context surrounding can change if its meant to be taken literally or not. (in the same way someone can say as hot as the sun, something being as hot as the sun is a real temp but not every context means its literal, thats just not how language works)

there are many works that use the mathematical wording for exaggeration to emphasize a massive difference. obviously im not saying Shibai cant be a higher dimensional big chungus daddy tier 2 or hell even tier 1 character, its just that the info we have rn is so limited that its a non sequitur
Thanks, I didn't know abt the japanese wording. Just to clarify, is it like Shibai went to a separate dimension but that dimension could be 4D(spatially)? If we take it at face value that is.

Last edited:

Yup yup, I know. Just curious about what Momoshiki said in Japanese when he said that Shibai is no longer in their dimension. Momoshiki saying that Shibai left the jikūkan or time-space (what we usually call dimensions in Naruto and what is used to describe Kaguyas dimensions, the Kamui dimension, etc.) seems unlikely when Amado described Shibai using a different term that more so points to a higher spatial dimension in the very chapter before that. If Momoshiki also used the mathematical wording for dimension, what exactly did he say?

Shibai dumps on Clorox. Shut up.
528df4123668078b7d12450b60e15b29.jpg

Back