• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean, we already know ā€œworldā€ can hold the context of ā€œSociety/Planet/Universeā€ depending on how itā€™s used. When Madara and Obito used it, they were expressly talking about Society and how Hagoromo tried to spread teachings of Chakra through ā€œNinshuā€. When Pain used it, he was referring to Ninja Society, etc.

In regards to Otsutsuki, itā€™s nonsense imo to suggest itā€™s not ā€œUniversalā€ or ā€œMulti-Dimensionalā€ as Narutoā€™s planet is just one of many in the Universe that need to be eaten just to achieve this godhood.

Otsutsuki work on an Interplanetary / interdimensional level. And just as Omnipotence was shown to affect across Dimensional Boundaries in itā€™s nerfed state, itā€™s pretty clearly a universal effect. Bare Minimum itā€™s beyond simply ā€œPlanetaryā€.

This is what makes ā€œsenseā€ given itā€™s ā€œProgramming Languageā€ Comparison.

@AnimesFreak2 @Arc7Kuroi Both of your translations had the words "current world" in it. The word current is used in regards to time. I doubt anybody would say "current planet" to indicate "this planet (in regards to space)". But I don't speak Japanese so I have no idea how they use their words. But can you confirm this.

If this is true. It could mean:
  1. Omnipotence created the current planet for shinobi society but there was another habitable planet before this one.
  2. Omnipotence created the current universe but there was a previous universe before this one.
  3. Omnipotence reshaped the planet to look like it does today. (Terraforming essentially. But Obito's sword already has the credit for this.)
If it is just referring to "in space", then:
  1. Omnipotence created the Earth.
  2. Omnipotence created the Universe.
In both cases, the context of society doesn't seem to really work since it's about materializing. Also this question isn't about AP, but just the cosmology and plot implications. I'll try to find other translations too and see if the word "current" is a constant.

All that yapping for me to hit you with, wait and see if we get clarification.
In that case, wait for what tho? My question to you was regarding translation. I'm just asking about the kanji and how it's used, that's all. Or are you saying that in japanese they don't make a clear distinction between "current" and "this"? I'm confused.

@AnimesFreak2 @Arc7Kuroi Both of your translations had the words "current world" in it. The word current is used in regards to time. I doubt anybody would say "current planet" to indicate "this planet (in regards to space)". But I don't speak Japanese so I have no idea how they use their words. But can you confirm this.

If this is true. It could mean:
  1. Omnipotence created the current planet for shinobi society but there was another habitable planet before this one.
  2. Omnipotence created the current universe but there was a previous universe before this one.
  3. Omnipotence reshaped the planet to look like it does today. (Terraforming essentially. But Obito's sword already has the credit for this.)
If it is just referring to "in space", then:
  1. Omnipotence created the Earth.
  2. Omnipotence created the Universe.
In both cases, the context of society doesn't seem to really work since it's about materializing. Also this question isn't about AP, but just the cosmology and plot implications. I'll try to find other translations too and see if the word "current" is a constant.
Absolutely no one thought it meant society

Rephrase your question in a way that makes more sense.
Aight. My question is:
Your translation used the words "current world". I just want to know if the way japanese people use the word "current" is in regards to time. Like did they specifically say the "current planet in time" or "this planet we are standing on (in space)". Does that make more sense?

Aight. My question is:
Your translation used the words "current world". I just want to know if the way japanese people use the word "current" is in regards to time. Like did they specifically say the "current planet in time" or "this planet we are standing on (in space)". Does that make more sense?
Current means now, current doesnā€™t change meanings in different languages šŸ—æ now is now. To spell it out, current as in within present time, happening in the now. So the phrase current world would reference the world that exists in the present. Aka when itā€™s said they manufactured the current world, it is saying theyā€™re responsible for the present world being the way it is. I think youā€™re vastly over complicating an extraordinarily simple phrase and mind haxing yourself

Current means now, current doesnā€™t change meanings in different languages šŸ—æ now is now. To spell it out, current as in within present time, happening in the now. So the phrase current world would reference the world that exists in the present. Aka when itā€™s said they manufactured the current world, it is saying theyā€™re responsible for the present world being the way it is. I think youā€™re vastly over complicating an extraordinarily simple phrase and mind haxing yourself
Thanks, this is what I wanted to know. I just had doubts because maybe "current" was a mistranslation.

I always find it very strange that Kishimoto doesn't say anything in the volumes even after all this time in charge of Boruto.
Thatā€™s because Kishimoto isnā€™t ā€œactivelyā€ writing it. If we go back to the original announcement years ago, as well as look at his credits on the volume (Original Story By), it says they will be using Kishimotoā€™s ā€œOriginal Draftsā€ (The Story was Finished already imo bc of this).

Basically theyā€™re using Kishimotoā€™s blue print and Ikemoto is building the house.

Iā€™m sure if they asked him, heā€™d write in a comment, but otherwise, Ikemoto is actually the only ā€œactiveā€ person on the manga. Kishimoto already likely finished drafting the story.

Thatā€™s because Kishimoto isnā€™t ā€œactivelyā€ writing it. If we go back to the original announcement years ago, as well as look at his credits on the volume (Original Story By), it says they will be using Kishimotoā€™s ā€œOriginal Draftsā€ (The Story was Finished already imo bc of this).

Basically theyā€™re using Kishimotoā€™s blue print and Ikemoto is building the house.

Iā€™m sure if they asked him, heā€™d write in a comment, but otherwise, Ikemoto is actually the only ā€œactiveā€ person on the manga. Kishimoto already likely finished drafting the story.
I mean, it's just weird to me that he's so quiet now, when in Samurai 8 and Naruto he didn't miss this kind of opportunity to say something, even random things.

yes his serving the same role Toriyama has on Super

Blueprint conceptual phase = Kishi

Genga+Script = Ikemoto

Itā€™s a mixed canon. Manga always takes precedence, but for stuff Isshiki arc and prior, anime stuff that is about canon arcs and offers information not in the manga is valid. Itā€™s needlessly complicated.

Them incorporating Shinjutsu was redundant honestly. It was already explained that ā€œHand-signsā€ were just a crutch to control chakra.

Ninjutsu doesnā€™t ā€œneedā€ hand-signs and a lot of Ninjutsu donā€™t even require them. Most ā€œDoujutsuā€ donā€™t require Hand-Signs either.

Shinjutsu doesnā€™t even really differ in that both Ninjutsu, Shinjutsu and Doujutsu all use Chakra. It would be different if ā€œShinjutsuā€ didnā€™t even require chakra, which would honestly make more sense with the ā€œNinjutsu imitating Shinjutsuā€, but if hand-signs are the only difference then lol, itā€™s redundant.

His timestop isn't combat applicable tho. It seems to work only between Otsutsukis and vessels. So what would Boruto even do with it, stop time to think?
image.png
Yeh

Momoshiki's time stop is something that only the ghost Momoshiki can use, in the anime, Momo used the time stop to stop Code's attack on Boruto, Boruto would at least have to prove first that he can use one of Momo's abilities, because so far he has only used skills that every Otsutsuki can use by nature.

So, I just randomly thought of a superficial theory earlier today while taking a fat shit. So, if you'd like to know about the unknown, lets dive in shall we?

well... its KARMA. The first thing that came to mind was "the name is the same as the karma we all know of", Karma as we know it is a theory or rather law that emphasis mainly on "what goes around comes around". Well, so how does that relate to the alternate term used in show? well, Subsidiary, The term karma mainly circulates around two key word, which are "Go" and "Come". So lets take into account of the word "Go", Go is simply moving from one place to another, the two distant point used here can be Life and death. So hence, people mainly use the word "Gone" or "he is gone" (which is the past tense of go) as to one moving from Life to death. Now taking in the word Come. Well tbf, to make this brief it's just the reverse of go, which can be seen as coming from death to life or from nothingness to life.

Relating this term to the Show in question. hehehe... i know some of y'all already drew the conclusions. If you didn't, lets emphasize more on it. Karma in Boruto is simply just cheating death. Which the Otsusussy normally imbue in compatible individuals with a goal of coming back to life when gone. So, the name Karma was given to it. It kinda makes everything more clearer lol

Really, I don't know if Kishi actually thought of this or it's just one big lump of coincidence.

So, I just randomly thought of a superficial theory earlier today while taking a fat shit. So, if you'd like to know about the unknown, lets dive in shall we?

well... its KARMA. The first thing that came to mind was "the name is the same as the karma we all know of", Karma as we know it is a theory or rather law that emphasis mainly on "what goes around comes around". Well, so how does that relate to the alternate term used in show? well, Subsidiary, The term karma mainly circulates around two key word, which are "Go" and "Come". So lets take into account of the word "Go", Go is simply moving from one place to another, the two distant point used here can be Life and death. So hence, people mainly use the word "Gone" or "he is gone" (which is the past tense of go) as to one moving from Life to death. Now taking in the word Come. Well tbf, to make this brief it's just the reverse of go, which can be seen as coming from death to life or from nothingness to life.

Relating this term to the Show in question. hehehe... i know some of y'all already drew the conclusions. If you didn't, lets emphasize more on it. Karma in Boruto is simply just cheating death. Which the Otsusussy normally imbue in compatible individuals with a goal of coming back to life when gone. So, the name Karma was given to it. It kinda makes everything more clearer lol

Really, I don't know if Kishi actually thought of this or it's just one big lump of coincidence.
FemGkUw.jpeg

Just do it in the Kitchen next time.

For me tho, I always thought Karma was named like that because that's the "karma" or curse (or blessing) that you get for killing an Otsutsuki.

Back