• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
“world” can hold the context of “Society/Planet/Universe”
Naruto fans taking on 0.000000005% of the pain of the average Bleach fan

One_Piece_Zoro_Takes_Luffy_s_Pain_HD.gif

Actually now that I think about it, If they ever decide to give Boruto his mental timestop ability, I'm pretty sure the writers would have Boruto get trapped in Daikokuten at least once. And then it would be activated, as a foil to Kawaki's power. Maybe he'll start moving in it for a short while too.

Boruto when he starts moving in Daikokuten:
gus-gus-fring.gif

While Kawaki:
tenor.gif

Actually now that I think about it, If they ever decide to give Boruto his mental timestop ability, I'm pretty sure the writers would have Boruto get trapped in Daikokuten at least once. And then it would be activated, as a foil to Kawaki's power. Maybe he'll start moving in it for a short while too.

gus-gus-fring.gif

While Kawaki:
tenor.gif
Sweet summer child. You have not experienced the winters of Boruto.

I still don't understand what was stopping Kawaki from not sealing Naruto and waiting for everybody to go to sleep. And then Kawaki could have sealed Boruto and dipped.

@AnimesFreak2 @Arc7Kuroi Both of your translations had the words "current world" in it. The word current is used in regards to time. I doubt anybody would say "current planet" to indicate "this planet (in regards to space)". But I don't speak Japanese so I have no idea how they use their words. But can you confirm this.

If this is true. It could mean:
  1. Omnipotence created the current planet for shinobi society but there was another habitable planet before this one.
  2. Omnipotence created the current universe but there was a previous universe before this one.
  3. Omnipotence reshaped the planet to look like it does today. (Terraforming essentially. But Obito's sword already has the credit for this.)
If it is just referring to "in space", then:
  1. Omnipotence created the Earth.
  2. Omnipotence created the Universe.
In both cases, the context of society doesn't seem to really work since it's about materializing. Also this question isn't about AP, but just the cosmology and plot implications. I'll try to find other translations too and see if the word "current" is a constant.
Its in reference to creating the surface of the world:devilish:

Boruto goes to sleep tho.
Huh? Are you misremembering the events? After Kawaki tries to seal Boruto, they have a small scuffle, soon later. the rest of Team 7 + Sasuke and Shikamaru interrupt the fight. After that, Momoshiki briefly takes over and frees Kawaki which prompts him to shrink himself and run away, because the village was chasing after him. What occurs next is Omnipotence. He had no chance to seal Boruto after the first time because he was getting chased. I don't know what you're referring to when you say Boruto goes to sleep, unless there's something I'm misunderstanding? Boruto ran away with Sasuke once Omnipotence happened.

Huh? Are you misremembering the events? After Kawaki tries to seal Boruto, they have a small scuffle, soon later. the rest of Team 7 + Sasuke and Shikamaru interrupt the fight. After that, Momoshiki briefly takes over and frees Kawaki which prompts him to shrink himself and run away, because the village was chasing after him. What occurs next is Omnipotence. He had no chance to seal Boruto after the first time because he was getting chased. I don't know what you're referring to when you say Boruto goes to sleep, unless there's something I'm misunderstanding? Boruto ran away with Sasuke once Omnipotence happened.
No. I'm saying. Instead of impulsively sealing Naruto and Hinata, he could have waited for everyone to go to sleep. Then he could have caught Boruto off guard and sealed him. After which he would have been free to seal Naruto and Hinata too. Literally would've saved him years of trouble. There would be no fight in my version of events because Kawaki would be smart enough to think things through. Does that make more sense now?

No. I'm saying. Instead of impulsively sealing Naruto and Hinata, he could have waited for everyone to go to sleep. Then he could have caught Boruto off guard and sealed him. After which he would have been free to seal Naruto and Hinata too. Literally would've saved him years of trouble. There would be no fight in my version of events because Kawaki would be smart enough to think things through. Does that make more sense now?
Ohhhh, yeah that's fair.

But I think that seeing Momo talk to Boruto in his head was the final straw, especially when you account the fact that they're just busy sitting idly by while watching over Ada and Daemon, two people he's not particularly fond off nor care for, while the threat of Code, who Kawaki is well aware he could spawn at ANY moment, made him make that decision.

The combination of Momoshiki (and Boruto, especially since Momo can take over at ANY time, which was proven a chapter later), Code and his claw grimes, and them just babysitting (inaction, in Kawaki's eyes), made him make that decision, which IMO, wasn't a bad decision on his part. Especially if you consider the fact that Code could've come in within those waking hours, and even if he didn't, if Kawaki tried it, Momoshiki would've alerted Boruto anyway (or just took over lol), waking him up, and countering his Kama, and causing a big scene IN THE VILLAGE, which was something Kawaki was trying to avoid (which is why he forced Boruto above the village where the Hokage heads are).

He did things pretty swiftly, all things considered. It could've been far worse if Code acted sooner rather than later. Too bad Boruto mastered the use of the Kama Portals though, cause he could've gotten away with it.

But I think that seeing Momo talk to Boruto in his head was the final straw, especially when you account the fact that they're just busy sitting idly by while watching over Ada and Daemon, two people he's not particularly fond off nor care for, while the threat of Code, who Kawaki is well aware he could spawn at ANY moment, made him make that decision.
I get that. His paranoia certainly didn't help. Also he's very impulsive.
The combination of Momoshiki (and Boruto, especially since Momo can take over at ANY time, which was proven a chapter later),
Kawaki didn't know this tho. He should have assumed Momo can still only take over when Boruto is weakened.
Code and his claw grimes, and them just babysitting (inaction, in Kawaki's eyes), made him make that decision, which IMO, wasn't a bad decision on his part.
It was tho. Code's threat wasn't real, evident by how casually they were chilling around. His decision was definitely a bad one and he was only saved by Omnipotence.
Especially if you consider the fact that Code could've come in within those waking hours,
Kawaki wasn't worried about this. Otherwise he wouldn't have taken up the babysitting job. Code wasn't a real threat at the moment because he knew Code wouldn't attack so soon after losing all his allies.
and even if he didn't, if Kawaki tried it, Momoshiki would've alerted Boruto anyway (or just took over lol),
Yeah, but this would only be a problem if Kawaki knows that Momo can see the future, which I don't remember if he does. From his perspective, Momo isn't working with Boruto and only helps out if his life is in danger. Momo wouldn't have any reason to suspect Boruto's life is in danger just because Kawaki walked up to him (from kawaki's perspective). So there is nothing stopping Kawaki from doing this.

Edit: All I'm saying is that, just because everything turned out great, doesn't mean it was the most logical decision for Kawaki. He was saved by plot and wasted 3 years from his perspective..

gus-gus-fring.gif

While Kawaki:
tenor.gif
yes this is what i want

I noticed some scaling issues with Sasuke and Raikage…

Edit: Nvm, the way values are structured on Sasuke’s page was just confusing. But there is some inconsistency with Sasuke.

Last edited:
not sure how to word it rn, but he did pull off and setup a multi step assault on kakashi during their training
he was also able to deduce the imposter posing as Naruto instantly with no sharingan.

Last edited:
Back