• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Off the top of my head. In the timeslip arc, Hinata said something along the lines of Jiraiya being stronger than adult Sasuke and Naruto. There are more but I can't be bothered to look back.
Anime only and that whole arc was a mess in scalling.
Also she didn't really say that. Boruto and himawari were dissing him and hinata said something like that to hype him up to put some respect. She didn't even say currently

Screenshot_20240116-135539_TikTok.jpg

Anime only and that whole arc was a mess in scalling.
True. But I never said only Manga. It's just the one that was so outrageous that I remembered. If I remember something else I'll let ya know.

She didn't even say currently
Really dude? Which forms would she be talking about? Kid versions?
main-qimg-a38dd679b699f79434c5a5b759a03336-lq

"Even stronger" implies that it's a big deal.
Edit: She also said this to Boruto, who only knows them at their strongest. If she meant earlier versions then she would have specified.

Also she didn't really say that. Boruto and himawari were dissing him and hinata said something like that to hype him up to put some respect.
That's kinda the problem. The past generation will always have overly hyped statements due to respect which messes with scalings in out heads. I wouldn't be surprised if Kurotsuchi dropped a statement stating she finally caught up to the previous Tsuchikage.

Last edited:
True. But I never said only Manga. It's just the one that was so outrageous that I remembered. If I remember something else I'll let ya know.
Fair enough.. all I know is that arc is the most messy arc ever. And I thought since we were talking about manga you wouldn't go to anime
Really dude? Which forms would she be talking about? Kid versions?
main-qimg-a38dd679b699f79434c5a5b759a03336-lq

"Even stronger" implies that it's a big deal.
Edit: She also said this to Boruto, who only knows them at their strongest. If she meant earlier versions then she would have specified.

That doesn't mean she was reffering to adults forms. "Been" refers to past tense and tbh studio Perrott just threw out a bad statement
That's kinda the problem. The past generation will always have overly hyped statements due to respect which messes with scalings in out heads. I wouldn't be surprised if Kurotsuchi dropped a statement stating she finally caught up to the previous Tsuchikage.
Naa I don't think this is one of the moments we don't understand. See her expression and the circumstances in which she was talking to boruto. We can clearly deduce it was just hype

Idk man. "Stronger" seems pretty blatant. I would want that to be just as a shinobi, but I can't wrap my head around that fact.
stronger means more than AP, the context of the scene and episode were people hyping about how good of a shinobi jiraiya was, not just because of his power.

I mean she is still wrong, jiriaya breaking the three prohibitions, disqualifies him anyway lol

stronger means more than AP, the context of the scene and episode were people hyping about how good of a shinobi jiraiya was, not just because of his power.
I'm skeptical about this. The japanese word she used is used to describe strength and power, not skill or status. But I'll admit I'm not japanese and I may very well be wrong about this. Also the context doesn't help because she didn't say Jiraiya was a "strong shinobi". She just said strong.
I mean she is still wrong, jiriaya breaking the three prohibitions, disqualifies him anyway lol
25e04257ea058b82dadb5ebfc1362496.jpg

I'm skeptical about this. The japanese word she used is used to describe strength and power, not skill or status.
yes but japanese is very context heavy, the Kanji can be used for both power and ability, the context will dictate if its a literal power thing or holistic thing, which is why you can find some power statements for Ino that dont make sense lol
But I'll admit I'm not japanese and I may very well be wrong about this. Also the context doesn't help because she didn't say Jiraiya was a "strong shinobi". She just said strong.
the context of the scene

the context of the scene
I know.
yes but japanese is very context heavy, the Kanji can be used for both power and ability, the context will dictate if its a literal power thing or holistic thing, which is why you can find some power statements for Ino that dont make sense lol
I'm still skeptical, but sure. I agree that japanese is context heavy tho. That's why I will never try to learn it.

I mean, the village clearly changed a lot since naruto era, not sure if we can apply this statement for naruto era feats.
not necessarily, because it can still have the same radius while being expanded with density within that . ill take a look, i have unironically a lot of Konoha images from the boruto anime as well (No dont ask me why i have those). that and we should also prob waiting for officials

not necessarily, because it can still have the same radius while being expanded with density within that . ill take a look, i have unironically a lot of Konoha images from the boruto anime as well (No dont ask me why i have those). that and we should also prob waiting for officials
Iirc, the city expanded beyond the Hokage monument in Boruto.

Back