• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gaara really likes getting ****** up right after a timeskip doesn't he.
So true.

"What the **** did you just ******* say about Gaara, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Ninja Academy, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Akatsuki bases, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top Ninjutsu user in the entirety of Root. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in the Sage's World, mark my ******* words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, ******. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're ******* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in Taijutsu, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Anbu Black Ops and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little 'clever' comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're ******* dead, kiddo. Dattebyo."

So true.

"What the ** did you just ***** say about Gaara, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Ninja Academy, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Akatsuki bases, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top Ninjutsu user in the entirety of Root. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the ** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in the Sage's World, mark my ***** words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, ******. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're ******* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in Taijutsu, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Anbu Black Ops and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little 'clever' comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're ******* dead, kiddo. Dattebyo."
🔥 🔥 🔥
gorilla warfare
💀
images

Kushina's super underdeveloped imo. She's awesome, but we almost ever see her outside of her interactions with her son or husband.
because she's deceased and her role in the story is to establish the context of the nine tails attack and propel naruto's character growth. she isn't a major supporting character. so no i dont think she's undeveloped, i think she's perfectly developed for the role she has in the story.

characters being undeveloped are a consequence of their being a clear A to B progression either personally or with the plot of the story and the faulty progression makes the Points of A or B feel lackluster hence why its undeveloped, because there's an expectation of development.

this is a separate issue from characters being well realized which is product of either weak or strong characterization, given you can have well realized characters with strong characterizations and little no development. and characters with a lot of development and weak characterization.

because she's deceased and her role in the story is to establish the context of the nine tails attack and propel naruto's character growth. she isn't a major supporting character. so no i dont think she's undeveloped, i think she's perfectly developed for the role she has in the story.

characters being undeveloped are a consequence of their being a clear A to B progression either personally or with the plot of the story and the faulty progression makes the Points of A or B feel lackluster hence why its undeveloped, because there's an expectation of development.

this is a separate issue from characters being well realized which is product of either weak or strong characterization, given you can have well realized characters with strong characterizations and little no development. and characters with a lot of development and weak characterization.
Whatever you say, gorgeous 🫦

So what's up with Amado adjusting Kawaki's defense and regen to be above the maximum? Maximum of what exactly? Most likely just his base stats.

Edit: Also lmao at him supposedly being above his max defense stat and still getting knocked out repeatedly.

So what's up with Amado adjusting Kawaki's defense and regen to be above the maximum? Maximum of what exactly?
I guess he enhanced them beyond his natural limits?
Also I wonder how good his Regen has actually become. So far it helped him survive blunt force trauma from a much stronger opponent, which is okay, but I wanna see some DISMEMBERMENT and DECAPITATION!

I guess he enhanced them beyond his natural limits?
Also I wonder how good his Regen has actually become. So far it helped him survive blunt force trauma from a much stronger opponent, which is okay, but I wanna see some DISMEMBERMENT and DECAPITATION!
Real. And also
Edit: Also lmao at him supposedly being above his max defense stat and still getting knocked out repeatedly.
lol

Idk if this is a hot take but, Jura doesn't really seem like a final villain (idk why). Heck he doesn't even seem like the Madara of TBV. But he is a very interesting character. All the Shinju are. So either they are the final villains and the scope of TBV is simply smaller, or Jura is gonna transform, or we should get ready for some backstabby. My guess? Isshiki or some other Otsutsuki is coming back via Lode.

Idk if this is a hot take but, Jura doesn't really seem like a final villain (idk why). Heck he doesn't even seem like the Madara of TBV. But he is a very interesting character. All the Shinju are. So either they are the final villains and the scope of TBV is simply smaller, or Jura is gonna transform, or we should get ready for some backstabby. My guess? Isshiki or some other Otsutsuki is coming back via Lode.
Tbh, I always felt like Isshiki's arc (like as a character) was very incomplete and ended abruptly as hell. We never even got his backstory with Kaguya, and we still don't really know why she betrayed him for sure.
So I'd love it if he makes a comeback somehow.

I don't really see it happening, though, sadly. I think we're more likely to have Amado as a future antagonist. Shibai also has more juice. Ofc, there's still Lode and Kawaki. And let's not forget about Momoshiki.
All in all tho, yeah, I agree that the Shinju won't be the final antagonists, but I think they'll lead into the final conflict.
Maybe someone will absorb them or something. I have a feeling Lode will assimilate the Juubi and evolve into an Otsutsuki/Juubi Jin-like hybrid being.

I don't really see it happening, though, sadly. I think we're more likely to have Amado as a future antagonist. Shibai also has more juice. Ofc, there's still Lode and Kawaki. And let's not forget about Momoshiki.
Don't get me wrong. Amado is for sure some sort of antagonist. But I can't see him being a "fighter". I'm just wondering who's gonna be the Kaguya of TBV. Amado is more like Black Zetsu in that regard. Kawaki is obviously Sasuke. Lode is gonna get the chakra fruit, laugh maniacally and then get stabbed, and become friends with Boruto just like Obito. And Shibai seems like the Hagoromo of TBV. So by process of elimination, that leaves Momoshiki and Isshiki. Momoshiki is more likely because of how he's hiding currently, but Lode's statement about him getting the last laugh (like that's ever gonna happen) got me thinking, why would Isshiki even entrust Code with ascension. He isn't even an Otsutsuki. Other than just petty revenge, it doesn't make any sense. I am starting to think there is sumn fishy going on.

Honestly I feel like for the most part you don’t get PoG level brain dead criticisms anymore, people seem to be tending far more to the positive with their analysis of Naruto. Obviously there’s still brain dead level takes out there, and maybe it’s just cuz I surround myself with intelligent people, but the past few years of Naruto dialogue surrounding its storytelling have been mostly positive for me. Series is an easy 9/10 for me, so maybe I’m suffering from confirmation bias here but oh well.
guess youre not active in twitter/reddit

I don’t think Kishi is necessarily bad at writing women.

He does however use romance as a crutch for being some of his female characters only motivation for doing anything which is a pretty glaring weakness of his early on (Ino, Sakura, Hinata, and Karin are prominent examples of this)

Which wouldn’t be a problem if he didn’t do it frequently in a story where we know for a fact his intent wasn’t to flesh out romance subplots.

We know it’s not impossible for him to write good females since characters like Tsunade and Chiyo exist, and even Sakura when Sasuke isn’t involved.

A lot of the other female characters he writes just aren’t relevant to the main story so not really expanded on anymore than some of the male side characters.

Naruto, isn’t an adventure manga so it doesn’t intend to explore everything and everyone in its world, it’s a character story trying to tackle a theme, if characters aren't relevant to whatever stage of Naruto and Sasuke’s journey is being explored, they get less screen time, male or female.

So yeah Kishi isn’t necessarily bad at writing Woman, just mid with a few random bangers, but tbh I’d say he’s probably a bit better than the average shounen author since he doesnt really crutch to fanservice to keep people invested in his female characters on top of romance subplots.

I don’t think Kishi is necessarily bad at writing women.

He does however use romance as a crutch for being some of his female characters only motivation for doing anything which is a pretty glaring weakness of his early on (Ino, Sakura, Hinata, and Karin are prominent examples of this)

Which wouldn’t be a problem if he didn’t do it frequently in a story where we know for a fact his intent wasn’t to flesh out romance subplots.

We know it’s not impossible for him to write good females since characters like Tsunade and Chiyo exist, and even Sakura when Sasuke isn’t involved.

A lot of the other female characters he writes just aren’t relevant to the main story so not really expanded on anymore than some of the male side characters.

Naruto, isn’t an adventure manga so it doesn’t intend to explore everything and everyone in its world, it’s a character story trying to tackle a theme, if characters aren't relevant to whatever stage of Naruto and Sasuke’s journey is being explored, they get less screen time.

So yeah Kishi isn’t necessarily bad at writing Woman, just mid with a few random bangers, but tbh I’d say he’s probably a bit better than the average shounen author since he doesnt really crutch to fanservice to keep people invested in his female characters on top of romance subplots.
And honestly, I'd say he's improved a lot in regards to the Romance writing given his work in S8. Or maybe it's less about him improving, and more about him choosing to focus on it a bit more. Either way, yeah. He's definitely not bad at writing female characters. It's just about people having misplaced expectations for the story they're reading.

So what's up with Amado adjusting Kawaki's defense and regen to be above the maximum? Maximum of what exactly? Most likely just his base stats.

I guess amado didn't want code skewing his hope to his daughter so he adjusted it so he can at least survive a code encounter. At the same time kawaki being too strong would be a problem for him so he lowered that part or limited it at least

Last edited:

I don't disagree, I just wish we'd seen more of her. We up praying for a new oneshot.

What if Jura or Code opens up like a cocoon and someone else comes out?

I’m assuming Kawaki’s Regen will still be worse than Boro’s 💀💀💀

It would be dope though if his Regen was Boro level, minus the weakness. This is just my crazy analysis but I think Amadou is using Kawaki himself as Akebi’s Vessel and that placing Karma on Delta is just deflection.

Side Note (These are just some random predictions I have considered):
  1. Code will win his next fight, or at least be presented dominantly.
  2. We will meet Code’s Tailor.
  3. Kawaki will have trapped the entire Main Cast in the Daikokuten Dimension to teist Boruto’s arm and would have decided to go the Injustice Superman Route after for the foreseeable Future.
  4. The resolution to the series will be see Boruto being forced to feed Kawaki to the Ten-Tails and sacrifice the current earth (Which by that point will be too screwed up to correct) to gain the Chakra Fruit and use Omnipotence to rewrite the main timeline where the Otsutsuki doesn’t exist, Naruto and Co are free, and the Uzumaki family are together and everyone’s wish has been granted (Akebi never died, Eida does’t have the love charm, etc)
  5. The 2nd to Last Chapter has Boruto resolving the “He’s Home” Plot Point with Hinata.
  6. Last Chapter is similar to Chapter 700. Sarada becomes Hokage.

Back