• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
She's down bad for Naruto though
images

Yeah Ion rlly think a lot of the female characters are bad in my opinion
Tsunade, Chiyo, Ino, Sakura - great
Konan, Temari and Hinata - needed more time/spotlight but aren't bad
Karin and Mei - Definitely need rewrites/actual development cause the seeds are there but not much is done with it
That's basically it
The rest are side characters I couldn't care less about how well they're written

Yeah Ion rlly think a lot of the female characters are bad in my opinion
Tsunade, Chiyo, Ino, Sakura - great
Konan, Temari and Hinata - needed more time/spotlight but aren't bad
Karin and Mei - Definitely need rewrites/actual development cause the seeds are there but not much is done with it
That's basically it
The rest are side characters I couldn't care less about how well they're written
What about Kushina?

TBH when it comes to female Naruto characters I don't feel them any worse than their male peers.

Everyone is secondary to Naruto and Sasuke and to a lesser extent Sakura (and it's not a bad thing) any problem they have the guys have it too, so I don't see what the big fuzz is about.

Those characters aren't oversexualized, boobs exist irl, believe it or not.

You brought up KAGUYA.
kaguya was good, people have contentions in her timing, without that shes solid,
i enjoy it when im reading the kaguya fights to fish for feats and see the characters work agaisnt each other and drop more narratives, its fun, shes great

it's tragic that naruto is plagued with an audience that cant help but trash talk it's characters and writing too

kishi deserves better smh

all the so called criticisms I've read in these 3-5 pages are dumb gripes that people never apply with any other series

Kushina of all people is NOT underdeveloped, she was a perfect character that concluded properly, people gotta stop complaining about needing extra extra with characters which when you ask them how theyd further the character they never produce anything substantial or compelling whatsoever cough cough dygoknight

Last edited:
I think Kushina was great too
She was dead so there wasn't a lot of opening for character development. Besides, not every character needs development.
It's like saying Hagoromo is badly written because he showed up for like 5 chapters and dipped. When that was the whole purpose for his character

You can't be badly written as a character if you serve the purpose you were intended to serve. A lot of critics simply can't decipher the purpose of a character and as a result, say a character (Shino for example) is badly written.

I don't do character/plot analysis btw. I simply rate characters/verses based off my own enjoyment. Probably explains why I like Korra (or TLOK in general) more than Aang.

Starting.

I've never really read Naruto's manga, only watched the anime, and that was a long time ago, so this is really gonna be a new experience for me.
Naruto_-_Chapter_1_-_1.jpg
R u reading the colored version?
I think Kushina was great too
She was dead so there wasn't a lot of opening for character development. Besides, not every character needs development.
It's like saying Hagoromo is badly written because he showed up for like 5 chapters and dipped. When that was the whole purpose for his character

You can't be badly written as a character if you serve the purpose you were intended to serve. A lot of critics simply can't decipher the purpose of a character and as a result, say a character (Shino for example) is badly written.
I have said similar things about my goat
I don't do character/plot analysis btw. I simply rate characters/verses based off my own enjoyment. Probably explains why I like Korra (or TLOK in general) more than Aang.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

it's tragic that naruto is plagued with an audience that cant help but trash talk it's characters and writing too

kishi deserves better smh

all the so called criticisms I've read in these 3-5 pages are dumb gripes that people never apply with any other series

Kushina of all people is NOT underdeveloped, she was a perfect character that concluded properly, people gotta stop complaining about needing extra extra with characters which when you ask them how theyd further the character they never produce anything substantial or compelling whatsoever cough cough dygoknight
Honestly I feel like for the most part you don’t get PoG level brain dead criticisms anymore, people seem to be tending far more to the positive with their analysis of Naruto. Obviously there’s still brain dead level takes out there, and maybe it’s just cuz I surround myself with intelligent people, but the past few years of Naruto dialogue surrounding its storytelling have been mostly positive for me. Series is an easy 9/10 for me, so maybe I’m suffering from confirmation bias here but oh well.

Honestly I feel like for the most part you don’t get PoG level brain dead criticisms anymore, people seem to be tending far more to the positive with their analysis of Naruto. Obviously there’s still brain dead level takes out there, and maybe it’s just cuz I surround myself with intelligent people, but the past few years of Naruto dialogue surrounding its storytelling have been mostly positive for me. Series is an easy 9/10 for me, so maybe I’m suffering from confirmation bias here but oh well.
I think it's always been "mostly" positive, but yes the trend does seem to be rising in that sense. There are still far too many "Neji was right" and "The War Arc is a DBZ ripoff and has no strategy" ppl tho
And you were doing SO WELL until this line, too.... 😔
I was literally gonna give a huge like until that 😭
Any particular reason?

I saw this after ETSO CRTs. In The Last movie poster, it is stated that Naruto and Sasuke together create the MOST POWERFUL ATTACK IN HISTORY. Right after this statement, it is stated that Naruto's strongest attack is Rasenshuriken and Sasuke's strongest attack is Amaterasu. If we accept the movie posters as canon, does it take a scale above Etso because it says the strongest in history? Or is it said that Etso cannot be interpreted as just an attack?

I saw this after ETSO CRTs. In The Last movie poster, it is stated that Naruto and Sasuke together create the MOST POWERFUL ATTACK IN HISTORY. Right after this statement, it is stated that Naruto's strongest attack is Rasenshuriken and Sasuke's strongest attack is Amaterasu. If we accept the movie posters as canon, does it take a scale above Etso because it says the strongest in history? Or is it said that Etso cannot be interpreted as just an attack?
I'm pretty sure this is a game only statement
I remember Rana using it for the storm profiles
The only thing on that poster is some Toneri > Kaguya meta
Unless there's another one

Drop the scan

Back