• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If they think revolution is bad, they wouldn't make Ninja Storm Revolution good.
Agreed, goated game, awesome story and interactions.

I have a lot of nostalgia for that game since I played it when I was 14 and it's been 10 years since then, I never got to play Storm 4 but I probably love it if I ever did.

Idk there seems to be pretty ominous emphasis on the idea of revolution
9-bK1MugSNB34T4.jpg
10-s0yQCpEmqfj80.jpg

I don't think Nagato is really treated as justified so much as sympathetic. And it's more about just the general trend that revolutionaries are treated as having good intentions but going too far, which seems a bit propagandized.
It's portrayed as negative only because we have the context of what Sasuke plans to do, which is to become a totalitarian tyrant (possibly forever, given the reincarnation/immortality stuff he spoke of later), it'd be a bit odd for Kishimoto to paint that in a positive light or to be entirely neutral about it. Especially when his actions would likely continue to propagate the cycle of hatred indefinitely, which is like the opposite of what the story is preaching.

So I don't think it's so much that Kishimoto is against revolutions and/or big dramatic reforms, as much as he's against Sasuke, Nagato, and/or Obito/Madara's brands of revolution. For instance, he portrayed the OG Akatsuki's peaceful revolution in a pretty positive light. And he very much highlighted all of the negative aspects and corruption plaguing the governing bodies of Shinobi villages and the Shinobi world at large.
Now, it does suck that not a whole lot has really changed by the time of the Boruto era, but I don't count that against Kishi since a lot of that stuff isn't really directly written by him. And, well, Naruto isn't really the type of guy to strongarm the world into changing even if he could. He's doing it the slow and painful way, which I won't really speak to the effectiveness of since it's a pretty subjective and controversial topic, and I don't want this to turn too political lol.

But nah seriously:
  1. Sasuke’s Plan: Become Injustice Superman
  2. Nagato’s Plan: Mutually Assured Destruction
  3. Madara/Obito’s Plan: The Matrix
  4. Naruto’s Plan: Maintain NATO

Logically speaking… based on In-Verse mechanics and Logic, could Shikamaru theoretically redirect a Biju Bomb via his Shadow Jutsu (The One he uses to Control Choji’s Trajectory like a Yoyo)? 🤔

Itachi would stomp most Bijū without needing to be stronger than their Bijūdamas.
1) theyre not saying hes gonna beat them, theyre saying hes straight up stronger, only second to maybe nagato

2) nagato who isnt a dura neg user, was still ranked above them and itachi tore apart his body either way

you can have hax and still be physically potent as shown in the fight with naruto and bee

1) theyre not saying hes gonna beat them, theyre saying hes straight up stronger, only second to maybe nagato
Yes, "strength" encompasses more than punches and kicks. It's overall combat ability. Itachi could be physically weaker than Chiyo, and he'd still be in the top 2 most powerful Edos.
2) nagato who isnt a dura neg user, was still ranked above them and itachi tore apart his body either way
Yes, he is. He has many hax abilities.
But leaving those aside, he also has many high output ninjutsu, so there's absolutely no reason to think the statement is referring solely to Nagato's physical stats.

But leaving those aside, he also has many high output ninjutsu, so there's absolutely no reason to think the statement is referring solely to Nagato's physical stats.
Does the "im the stronger enemy than x which means my strongest abilities are superior to your strongest abilities" argument work?
sigh
Yes, "strength" encompasses more than punches and kicks. It's overall combat ability. Itachi could be physically weaker than Chiyo, and he'd still be in the top 2 most powerful Edos.
he doesn't even primarily use the totsuka blade, he used it like once against orochimaru and once with nagato and a few times with kabuto
everyone that he attacks with the totsuka blade is someone he physically outstats, if we scale assuming they use their strongest hax than might as well assume people that beat kaguya are superior etso rather than her physical stats (per that logic)

We also just get rather clear intent that Itachi’s Susanoo beads are like uncharged TBB from Bee anyway. So there’s your Itachi scaling to TBB

Okay, so if you're not referring to physical stats then why did you bring up Itachi's Susano'o outclassing Nagato's physical stats as if that means anything for your premise?
he doesn't even primarily use the totsuka blade, he used it like once against orochimaru and once with nagato and a few times with kabuto
everyone that he attacks with the totsuka blade is someone he physically outstats, if we scale assuming they use their strongest hax than might as well assume people that beat kaguya are superior etso rather than her physical stats (per that logic)
I didn't even single out the Totsuka Blade. Itachi has several other abilities he can clap the Bijū with.

We also just get rather clear intent that Itachi’s Susanoo beads are like uncharged TBB from Bee anyway. So there’s your Itachi scaling to TBB
you do realize using that as proof is dookie
good supporting evidence to what im suggesting tho
I didn't even single out the Totsuka Blade. Itachi has several other abilities he can clap the Bijū with.
I fail to see how a genjutsu merchant would be "stronger" or "two of the most powerful forces!!" when hax like that are just cheap methods of winning without outstating the opponent, pretty much contradicts the statement (unless theres other abilities youd like to bring up)
Okay, so if you're not referring to physical stats then why did you bring up Itachi's Susano'o outclassing Nagato's physical stats as if that means anything for your premise?
I forgor 💀

I fail to see how a genjutsu merchant would be "stronger" or "two of the most powerful forces!!" when hax like that are just cheap methods of winning without outstating the opponent, pretty much contradicts the statement (unless theres other abilities youd like to bring up)
You have to be trolling... 😭
Coccsession accepted.

Back