• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

because she's deceased and her role in the story is to establish the context of the nine tails attack and propel naruto's character growth. she isn't a major supporting character. so no i dont think she's undeveloped, i think she's perfectly developed for the role she has in the story.

characters being undeveloped are a consequence of their being a clear A to B progression either personally or with the plot of the story and the faulty progression makes the Points of A or B feel lackluster hence why its undeveloped, because there's an expectation of development.

this is a separate issue from characters being well realized which is product of either weak or strong characterization, given you can have well realized characters with strong characterizations and little no development. and characters with a lot of development and weak characterization.
Yeah I always loved her and what she did and meant for Naruto
But then the Minato one shot came out and she and Minato are just spectacular characters to me
Like US69 said maybe Kishi has gotten better at weaving romance into his stories since Naruto ended or maybe he's just only good at adult romance but the bond between Kushina Minato and eventually Naruto is just so wonderfully done even if all of them were alive with one another for not more than an hour

Also for those craving more Kushina/Minato, I implore ya'll to watch Road to Ninja. Especially since it was written by Kishimoto. Great movie.
It wasn’t “Written” by him. The “Story By” credit means the idea/concept of the movie cane from him.

It could be a simple as: “How about we do a Naruto story where he is sent to alternate world where his parents are alive and never died, and everyone’s personalities have been switched/changed and the Akatsuki are the good guys. The Villain is a Dark Version of Naruto being manipulated by Tobi.

They would still have to Credit him with “Story By”, but at the same time, he could’ve penned a whole ass beat-by-beat outline. 🤷‍♂️ But “Yuka Miyata” is the credited writer.

Is Naruto's ending kind of centrist with how Sasuke's revolution is portrayed as a bad thing and the solution is gradually improving the system without actually changing it at its core?

tbf I would say things are changing a lot now

Shinobi are becoming "irrelevant" so to speak in this new modern age

Hell Konoha's budget ( according to Julius/Terry Crews Shikamaru ) is that Naruto can't even afford to break a reinforced door with how broke they are rn, the village budget getting smaller that is

This is obviously due to lack of missions compared to before where war was always a constant thing...and with war comes profit

In the end Hagoromo's mistake is kind of shown to be that he chose Asura solely as his successor when both Indra and Asura should've been it

Love and compassion are what is needed for understanding but you also need power/strength to force evil into submission, a healthy balance ( yin and yang )

And that is kind of what Naruto and Sasuke have going on throughout Boruto, Naruto being the light with Sasuke being the shadow kage as we saw in Boruto about how he referenced "how far he is willing to go" with guys in the "underworld"

Or maybe I am just rambling Idk

Is Naruto's ending kind of centrist with how Sasuke's revolution is portrayed as a bad thing and the solution is gradually improving the system without actually changing it at its core?
No. Sasuke's portrayed as bad because he was planning to be a dictator. Characters like Nagato, who killed dictators, are treated as justified until they start murking civilians.

No. Sasuke's portrayed as bad because he was planning to be a dictator. Characters like Nagato, who killed dictators, are treated as justified until they start murking civilians.
Idk there seems to be pretty ominous emphasis on the idea of revolution
9-bK1MugSNB34T4.jpg
10-s0yQCpEmqfj80.jpg

I don't think Nagato is really treated as justified so much as sympathetic. And it's more about just the general trend that revolutionaries are treated as having good intentions but going too far, which seems a bit propagandized.

Idk there seems to be pretty ominous emphasis on the idea of revolution
9-bK1MugSNB34T4.jpg
10-s0yQCpEmqfj80.jpg

I don't think Nagato is really treated as justified so much as sympathetic. And it's more about just the general trend that revolutionaries are treated as having good intentions but going too far, which seems a bit propagandized.
Yes, but this is a revolution against the people who are trying to improve things. I agree that revolutionaries get treated like shit in most media(One Piece is goated for having the Revolutionary Army), but Sasuke's plan was to burn everything to the ground and then rebuild his own world.

Yeah I always loved her and what she did and meant for Naruto
But then the Minato one shot came out and she and Minato are just spectacular characters to me
Like US69 said maybe Kishi has gotten better at weaving romance into his stories since Naruto ended or maybe he's just only good at adult romance but the bond between Kushina Minato and eventually Naruto is just so wonderfully done even if all of them were alive with one another for not more than an hour
yall need to realise Kishi is goated with romance in general

sasusaku and naruhina arent all that hes made (Naruhina is good tho)

Yes, but this is a revolution against the people who are trying to improve things. I agree that revolutionaries get treated like shit in most media(One Piece is goated for having the Revolutionary Army), but Sasuke's plan was to burn everything to the ground and then rebuild his own world.
I agree that Sasuke's plan was bad, I'm just talking about framing (not sure that's the right word)

Rereading some war arc chapters got me wishing I was present during Naruto's serialisation, Kishimoto was dropping heat after heat with each chapter

every chapter builds up hype and gets me wishing to see more and more

Back