• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Naruto might have the worst fanbase of the Big 3. Bleach is the most niche of them, and One Piece is ongoing. Naruto fans lowkey just say the same stuff over and over:
-This character is bad because they started out bad" as if development doesn't exist and Naruto didn't originally beat up his teammate and disguise himself as him to make out with another teammate who didn't like him.

-"Remember when this series was about ninjas?" Yeah? Yeah? Remember that? Before they introduced the Sage of Six Paths? The Chakra Mechs? The supernatural mutant abilities? The gigantic mountain-crushing demons? Oh, wait, that was in the first panel.

-"Uh, why did this bad thing happen in the Hidden-" it's Danzo.

-"Kishimoto can't write women-" wait, that one's true.
"Lee was a wasted potential"

brother all three are terrible fanbase full of cancer people, it's redundant to try and compare
you might as well rank the best STDs

bleach fans will attack you over the slightest disagreement
naruto fans despise their own manga
one piece fans.....yeah probably dont need to elaborate on that

and no kishimoto can definitely write women (and romance), far better than kubo and oda too actually , it's preconceived biases those NPCs eat up and refuse to judge a story honestly holding em back from good opinions
naruto's been plagued by that for years

most of the stuff you said is used against naruto by haters not by genuine fans
Kishimoto literally said he doesn't know how to write women, and Oda can write women, he just can't draw them. Kubo's good, all his characters are freaky little goblin people.

Naruto fans spend way too much time coping and going "Boruto isn't canon in my mind"

Kishimoto literally said he doesn't know how to write women, and Oda can write women, he just can't draw them. Kubo's good, all his characters are freaky little goblin people.

Naruto fans spend way too much time coping and going "Boruto isn't canon in my mind"
not this dumb debunked narrative again, brother YOU are being the 'naruto fans' in question that you're complaining about 😭
Kishi is above the other two based off of not turning his FCs into overly sexualised objects

most naruto female characters are all cool with great narratives, tsunade, chiyo, konan, kaguya etc

not this dumb debunked narrative again, brother YOU are being the 'naruto fans' in question that you're complaining about 😭
Pipe down, bro, it's a common criticism, but it's the most accurate of them.
Kishi is above the other two based off of not turning his FCs into overly sexualised objects
Just looking at the Shinigami, we got Rukia, Unohana, Senjumaru, Soifon, Nanao, a couple Visored, and several more.

Idk why you felt the need to do this, I don't think Naruto's inherently worse than other series, it factually has flaws.

Like, Kishimoto has well-written examples, there's just a specific negative trend.

Last edited:
Never understood how Kishi doesn’t know how to write women? 🤔

I mean… It’s literally not that hard. Like he could’ve even finessed women stereotypes and still been good. There really isn’t “much” difference between men and women beyond stereotypes and misogynistic views for the purposes of writing.

We all do the same dumb shit at times and stress about the same dumb shit. Just change XYZ factors and boom!

Never understood how Kishi doesn’t know how to write women? 🤔

I mean… It’s literally not that hard. Like he could’ve even finessed women stereotypes and still been good. There really isn’t “much” difference between men and women beyond stereotypes and misogynistic views for the purposes of writing.

We all do the same dumb shit at times and stress about the same dumb shit. Just change XYZ factors and boom!
Yeah, it's really not that difficult, beyond your standard "writing any character with depth is actually really hard btw" difficulty that most people don't really think about.

Tsunade > Big 3 women idc

If I had to choose from each tho ..
Naruto: Tsunade
Bleach: Unohana or Yoruichi
One Piece: Nico Robin (I'm on ep 240 or sumn so might change)

Btw none of them have female characters as well written as their male counterparts so no point in arguing (Haven't caught up to OP tho). Read newer manga for that tbh. Or ones that aren't shonen (Black Lagoon, Ghost in the Shell, etc).

Tsunade > Big 3 women idc

If I had to choose from each tho ..
Naruto: Tsunade
Bleach: Unohana or Yoruichi
One Piece: Nico Robin (I'm on ep 240 or sumn so might change)

Btw none of them have female characters as well written as their male counterparts so no point in arguing.
Yeah... it do kinda be like that... but it do probably be less like that with time.

Naruto might have the worst fanbase of the Big 3. Bleach is the most niche of them, and One Piece is ongoing. Naruto fans lowkey just say the same stuff over and over:
-This character is bad because they started out bad" as if development doesn't exist and Naruto didn't originally beat up his teammate and disguise himself as him to make out with another teammate who didn't like him.

-"Remember when this series was about ninjas?" Yeah? Yeah? Remember that? Before they introduced the Sage of Six Paths? The Chakra Mechs? The supernatural mutant abilities? The gigantic mountain-crushing demons? Oh, wait, that was in the first panel.

-"Uh, why did this bad thing happen in the Hidden-" it's Danzo.

-"Kishimoto can't write women-" wait, that one's true.
My favourite one is people pretending that their fav side character should be as relevant as Naruto and Sasuke
I see ppl call Tenten wasted potential but Idk how much else to explain to them that there wasn't any potential to be wasted there
Her first fight was an off screen loss and she was just a hype man for Neji
Its fine to like a side character for their design and personality, doesn't mean they'll automatically become relevant nor does it make the series bad when they STAY a side character
You ask ppl to list their fav characters in Shippuden and its all side characters but they'll slander Kishi's "handling of side characters" in the same breath its hilarious

Thoughts on Naruto manga vs Naruto anime?
manga is more consistent quality wise overall but its a case to case thing

kazekage rescue arc is absolutely awful in the anime, but the anime handles Hinata's sacrifice, Shikamaru grieving much better in contrast,but then again sakura's character is assassinated in the anime.

its kinda hard to compare them because of how different they are as mediums, outside of maybe grading how good of an adaption the anime is, which is only useful to contrast and doesnt say much about it as a piece of work for people who only experience the anime, which is the majority of how people experienced naruto.

in terms of individually, id say they both pretty great. the anime in particularly alongside Bleach are prob some of the most important and influential anime of the 21st century, pioneering and popularizing industry wide changes that would be adopted not only in other anime but animated films, it also cultivated and birthed some of the greatest animators who's influence can be felt in a lot of the high quality modern seasonal stuff.

but for my money, if you care purely about the story then ill always suggest going with the source material.

Last edited:
Pipe down, bro, it's a common criticism, but it's the most accurate of them.

Just looking at the Shinigami, we got Rukia, Unohana, Senjumaru, Soifon, Nanao, a couple Visored, and several more.

Idk why you felt the need to do this, I don't think Naruto's inherently worse than other series, it factually has flaws.

Like, Kishimoto has well-written examples, there's just a specific negative trend.
It's a terrible excuse of criticism, almost always debunked by simply reading the manga

and no cherrypicking a handful of women that arent sexual objects with boobs bigger than onigashima doesnt solve bleach's oversexualisation issue
coincidentally the characters you named mostly are bland characters with pitiful narratives, aside rukia and unohana (girls who are either sidelined or killed early) have no depth or notable personality, candace sucks, bambi sucks, lilloto sucks, I dont even remember the name of the pink haired girl

naruto can have flaws but that isn't an excuse to straight up lie about issues it doesnt suffer from

that's not criticism, it's dishonest downplay

no lol
kishi clears pierrots poorly placed slop
if the anime didnt exist and people went with manga only there would be far less misinformation

although they did give the franchise the best animated fight scenes in all of anime so credit where its due
Said animation along with the incredible soundtrack clears the manga advantages I fear
manga is more consistent quality wise overall but its a case to case thing

kazekage rescue arc is absolutely awful in the anime, but the anime handles Hinata's sacrifice, Shikamaru grieving much better in contrast,but then again sakura's character is assassinated in the anime.

its kinda hard to compare them because of how different they are as mediums, outside of maybe grading how good of an adaption the anime is, which is only useful to contrast and doesnt say much about it as a piece of work for people who only experience the anime, which is the majority of how people experienced naruto.

in terms of individually, id say they both pretty great. the anime in particularly alongside Bleach are prob some of the most important and influential anime of the 21st century, pioneering and popularizing industry wide changes that would be adopted not only in other anime but animated films, it also cultivated and birthed some of the greatest animators who's influence can be felt in a lot of the high quality modern seasonal stuff.

but for my money, if you care purely about the story then ill always suggest going with the source material.
I somewhat agree, but I think the anime often tells the story better, or at least in a more moving way

Kishimoto can definitely write female characters well. I think specifically what he meant by he can't write them is just in the sense that some of the female related stuff he feels very awkward about doing them hence for example why he really praised ikemoto on how he does for sarada.

So karo if that's the case why is there not that much good female characters in bleach?
It's simple, he wasn't interested in females all that much so he wrote less of them. Like all the waste away female characters in Naruto were just irrelevant to the story. You can't say tsunade, Sakura, Hinata, kushina to mention a few are good female characters and turn around and say he can't write well.

Also when i hear people say Naruto did not do side characters well I get so confused coz what they should be saying is "konoha 12 " and not side characters

Also when i hear people say Naruto did not do side characters well I get so confused coz what they should be saying is "konoha 12 " and not side characters
Naruto fans when a SIDE character doesn't 1. get an entire arc dedicated to them, 2. abruptly shifts focus of the story, and 3. have the relevance similar to the main characters: Wasted potential!!!

Most well written stories treat their side characters as tools to write an intricate story, and not the other way around.

and no cherrypicking a handful of women that arent sexual objects with boobs bigger than onigashima doesnt solve bleach's oversexualisation issue
Those characters aren't oversexualized, boobs exist irl, believe it or not.
coincidentally the characters you named mostly are bland characters with pitiful narratives,
You brought up KAGUYA.

Bro thinks he's Nagato
Y6Nv0hl.jpeg

Back