• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Speed Revisions Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Continuing from this thread. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1640646

Speed ratings are getting called into question. People being accused of being wankers/downplayers and being biased fanboys. Keep that shit to a minimum here.

Being a controversial verse does not give people the right to get so damn confrontational and resort to attacking the fanbase, hating a series because of the fanbase and all that petty drama. Discuss to feat, revise the stats accordingly. That's all that's needed.

Thank you.

So far every argument against has been debunked via in movie events. Shouldn't you permanently close it now?

Momoshiki used a portal. He didn't travel to the Earth's atmosphere. So that calc is invalid.

I know it wasn't your intent, @Lephyr. I overreacted myself. I still agree with what I said in that the meteor was launched before we see it, but the other arguments were properly countered.

So what's the majority? It's looking like those against this won't budge and vise versa. Instead of going in circles, which I feel is the route this topic is going in. Jesus, it's like American Politics, lol.

Well, I personally think that Kepekley23 makes sense, but I can also understand Cal's argument that it is inconsistent with how we have treated other franchises.

Clearly the arguments being thrown around aren't going to chnage, so, instead of continuing to rstate them with no change, how can we just decide here and now before it spirals into 3,4 or 5 threads dealing with this? I've seen in the past that once things get to this point, it either spirals into multiple threads or this topic just fades with no conclusion until a couple days/weeks/months down the line, someone inevitable brings it back in.

Honestly, there are going to be people who disagree, how do get this resolved in spite?

What arguements are left to address now? It's not an outlier, it's not aim dodging, Toneri didn't send the meteor before. Why is it still fanboying to upgrade them when all arguements against the upgrade have been debunked?

Well before it was considered an outlier right? since they're relativistic now it should apply.

Plus this is a speed revision thread XD might as well get it out of the way if it's accepted.

No, it wasn't that it was an outlier.. the calc uses the assumption that Lightfang is lightspeed which Kepekly later debunked

Yeah,it is easier to call someone a fanboy rather than bringing some facts that support your opinion.The only one that has opinion is Cal.Because I didn't see how anyone rather than Cal argues about this,the rest just agrees with everything he says.

To be fair this should already be closed,but for some reasons it isn't.

Databook full of flowery language

Rinbo Hengoku is a fine example.

Or this for that matter. Almost SoL and doesn't give opponents time to activate a technique - Nagato, Naruto, Sasuke, any SPC users, Obito or any teleporter easily activate a technique - are obviously false/flowery language but just because of that we don't ignore it passed down generation in the Kumogakure or loading huge amount chakra to opponents neck. We need to ask what is hyperbole/outlier/flowery language and what is correct in the context of the canon story.
Tumblr p6rw84fiMR1urljpmo1 1280

Let's stick to the main topic please.

Well how in the world is this gonna work? The people that agreed had brought in a bunch of evidence & proof but there r still people who disagree....also not to derail but my goodness....about those databooks....it's meant to ENTICE the readers, to make them sound cool but we have to use LOGIC when it comes to those

The fanboy comment is needless, and could only serve to aggravate things further. Let's not act like Naruto is the only series where its supporters agree to an upgrade proposal concerning a controversial matter. Some of the people agreeing there have disagreed to upgrades before, and even made downgrade threads. I've never seen Lephyr in a Naruto thread, but he agrees with Kep.

One can easily turn it around and say that the people disagreeing with it are biased against Naruto, and don't want to see the series rated at that level, and as such did not pay due and proper attention to the arguments for the upgrade. Dragon said not to post comments like that.

Personally, I was highly skeptical of this the first time, but I've gone through the thread a few times, and Kep's arguments plainly seem more convincing to me, so I'm going to reiterate that I currently still agree with him.

Note: I mean no offense to anyone at all.

@BlackeJan

I am not sure. I personally think that Kepekley makes better sense, but others do not. We may need input from Azathoth and Ryukama as a tiebreaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back