• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The ability to notice that you are under a genjutsu is not Resistance—you are still affected by the illusion. At best, you would get Limited Resistance or just Enhanced Senses perhaps. Breaking out of a genjutsu is typically done by disrupting your own chakra flow, so it's an application of Chakra Control that also happens to be a genjutsu escape method—just add it to the character's intelligence or something.

That reminds me, there should also be a Chakra page.

thats the thing, you need to be able to mix physical and spiritual energy together to create chakra(Ninshu). everyone has physical and spiritual chakras but not everyone has the ability to mix it together

that will be added to the verse page after it is created
Was it a sharingan genjutsu? Because that injects the users' chakra into the opponent not manipulating the opponents' own chakra.

The ability to notice that you are under a genjutsu is not Resistance—you are still affected by the illusion. At best, you would get Limited Resistance or just Enhanced Senses perhaps. Breaking out of a genjutsu is typically done by disrupting your own chakra flow, so it's an application of Chakra Control that also happens to be a genjutsu escape method—just add it to the character's intelligence or something.

But some characters have just straight up shown not being affected. Sakura and the jonin did use kai but they weren't put under before that, when the civilians were immediately put under before even having a chance. They didn't even show being sleepy, so it's likely they trained to innately have some resistance but needed kai to fully get rid of the effects.

or illusion negation
then those that can see through it and wont fall in the first place (sharigan, byakugan and some other characters{sensors}) can get resisitance and negation
Are you willing to help to create a general verse page?
If you are message me and anyone else interested also it was @KingTempest idea so idk if he will be interested to help

Was it a sharingan genjutsu? Because that injects the users' chakra into the opponent not manipulating the opponents' own chakra.
yes mangekyou sharigan genjutsu is more like mind manipulation and more potent (Can control time, space and will of people).

but i am saying normal civillians that dont have chakra were put to sleep by normal genjutsu also

Because they simply see through the illusions created and can discern
Are you referring to the page where Team Kakashi and Team Guy were discussing Tobi? There, Hinata was not seeing through an illusion—in fact, she was disproving the notion that Tobi used a genjutsu on him. She was just sensing his energy in order to prove that this was the real deal.

yes mangekyou sharigan genjutsu is more like mind manipulation and more potent (Can control time, space and will of people).

but i am saying normal civillians that dont have chakra were put to sleep by normal genjutsu also
I'm pretty sure the same is true for base sharingan genjutsu

When was that?

Are you referring to the page where Team Kakashi and Team Guy were discussing Tobi? There, Hinata was not seeing through an illusion—in fact, she was disproving the notion that Tobi used a genjutsu on him. She was just sensing his energy in order to prove that this was the real deal.
Yes and also, Ao
and the fact they can read chakra flow naturally
but this can be debated and just speculations lore wise

but rinnegan users will get resistance to visual genjutsu tho
When was that?
The shikamaru novel kind of emphasized on civillians not having chakra
and throughout naruto civillians were put under genjutsu. even amass(Konoha crush)

Why do people keep saying the Byakugan users are unaffected by genjutsu?
"Though he has difficulty moving because of Mukai's attack, Itachi tries to use a genjutsu on Mukai, only to find it is too weak" - Itachi Shinden Book of Dark Night
Regular Byakugan user can resist genjutsu from Sharingan but not from Mangekyo Sharingan

Also if Isshiki and Co weren't resistant to Genjutsu, they would automatically lose to every Genjutsu user

which part?
I can look for the scans from the novel and send when i have time
And I can send scans from the manga where Naruto says everybody has chakra.

The foundations of genjutsu is manipulating chakra. Now out of nowhere, nobody except shinobi has chakra?

Though he has difficulty moving because of Mukai's attack, Itachi tries to use a genjutsu on Mukai, only to find it is too weak
That first part of the sentence seems to imply that Itachi was weakened, which is supported by the use of "only to find it is too weak", rather than something like "only to find it was ineffective" or "only to find it was futile".

This seems less of Mukai being resistant to it—which, you have let to prove is a result of the Byakugan; bring more evidence—and more of Itachi himself being too weak to make a difference in this instance.

That first part of the sentence seems to imply that Itachi was weakened, which is supported by the use of "only to find it is too weak", rather than something like "only to find it was ineffective" or "only to find it was futile".

This seems less of Mukai being resistant to it—which, you have let to prove is a result of the Byakugan; bring more evidence—and more of Itachi himself being too weak to make a difference in this instance.
The fact that even a small level of genjutsu doesn't work on him implies some resistance, even if not much.

And I can send scans from the manga where Naruto says everybody has chakra.
right after kawaki said "he does not have chakra" or "cant manipulate chakra" iirc and in that context like i explained everyone has spiritual energy and physical energy. mixing together to form chakra is what only ninjas can do
The foundations of genjutsu is manipulating chakra. Now out of nowhere, nobody except shinobi has chakra?
well we learn new things everyday i guess

"Mukai is too experienced to fall for their ploy, and as soon as he lets on that he knows what they're up to he starts attacking Itachi with Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms. Shisui interrupts the attack, but Mukai catches him by the neck and begins crushing his throat. Though he has difficulty moving because of Mukai's attack, Itachi tries to use a genjutsu on Mukai, only to find it is too weak. In response, Shisui activates his Mangekyō Sharingan, successfully catching Mukai in a stronger genjutsu."

He is clearly resistant to regular haringan, else Shisui wouldn't bother using a Doujutsu that makes him blind. This was prime Shisui btw, someone who is considered Itachi level and potentially above.

Everybody on the planet having chakra is kind of a big plot point in the War Arc.

The Infinite Tsukuyomi was designed to entrap the entire population within an endless genjutsu and siphon chakra from them until they became another fruit. If only shinobi, of which are in the low hundreds of thousand, possessed chakra, why go through all the trouble to trap the entire planet?

"Mukai is too experienced to fall for their ploy, and as soon as he lets on that he knows what they're up to he starts attacking Itachi with Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms. Shisui interrupts the attack, but Mukai catches him by the neck and begins crushing his throat. Though he has difficulty moving because of Mukai's attack, Itachi tries to use a genjutsu on Mukai, only to find it is too weak. In response, Shisui activates his Mangekyō Sharingan, successfully catching Mukai in a stronger genjutsu."

He is clearly resistant to regular haringan, else Shisui wouldn't bother using a Doujutsu that makes him blind. This was prime Shisui btw, someone who is considered Itachi level and potentially above.
Wait a sec, can't he only use that every ten years?

which part?
I can look for the scans from the novel and send when i have time
Everybody on the planet having chakra is kind of a big plot point in the War Arc.
many times, spiritual energy, life force and energies in general are called chakra.
but kaguya has been using tsukuyomi before hagoromo and asura spread chakra/ninshu

anyway look at the scans below
The Infinite Tsukuyomi was designed to entrap the entire population within an endless genjutsu and siphon chakra from them until they became another fruit. If only shinobi, of which are in the low hundreds of thousand, possessed chakra, why go through all the trouble to trap the entire planet?
This is from shikamaru novel
“I’m asking another.” Gengo sharply cut him off. “Shinobi hold a power different from all other humans in this world. Do you agree?”
Chakra and ninjutsu....
“Don’t you think the reason all the fighting hasn’t stopped is because the daimyou are governing everything, instead of shinobi? Because these people who hold neither chakra nor jutsu keep meeting together, every time they pass by each other, these wars never end. Because they have no extraordinary people among them, there is no country which is stronger than all the others, and thus no one to keep them in check. So the countries keep fighting and reconciling, again and again, and this world of war continues.

NOW SCANS FROM THE NARUTO MANGA
i mean this was mentioned several times in the manga

ueIMvPT.jpeg

this is Pa

GWRkr4o.jpg

TMJyq7p.jpeg

this was the earliest explanation of how chakra is created.

I will like to look for scans of Neji looking at spider guy before and during him performing a ninjutsu, it was clearly shown that chakra moves through certain pathways from the heart to whatever part of the body.
like i said you need to learn how to knead chakra(mix physical and spiritual energy together) to create chakra something ninjas are taught. I mean even there was a time tobirama as a kid said he could not sense what hashirama was sensing cause he was not kneading chakra then e.t.c.

Anyway this are the scans i went to find, if i had more time i would have tried to find more especially the two i mentioned up there

Would be a bit strange for a pair of Ōtsutsuki, who's only goal is to cultivate chakra fruits and suck planets dry of chakra, to visit a planet with absolutely no chakra on it, wouldn't you say?
Ok, but I'm talking about the inhabitants having chakra.

Back