• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naraku's DC/Durability

I noticed that Naraku is only small town level, though in much weaker forms he's been seen shrugging off things like the windscar which has shown to be a consistent mountain level attack, and EOS Naraku at his peak has shown that his body alone/not even using the barrier, even when hammered with the greatest PIS/CIS in existence, tanked both meido zangetsuha which ignores conventional durability, and sesshomaru's sword which destroys anything it touches(noted as being atleast 10x stronger than Inuyashas windscar, or was it the backlash wave....) sounds like island level or at the bare minimum multi mountain

Oh and I found this thread http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/naraku-vs-monster-aizen-and-post-edo-madara-1739075/

the problem is the lack of proper scaling in inuyasha. the drawn feats are horribly scaled, making statements like " he destroyed that mountain / he melted that mountain etc.) which are quite common in the series (the first mountain leveling statement was in chapter 60 performed by sesshoumaru) redundant

however i have noticed that we tend to accept feats if they are based on statements when they dont contradict the overall storyline and/or seem to fit the general power consens

in my eyes town level inuyasha characters are a disgrace to everyone who carefully reads through the series and starts to count how often the mangaka specifically states "mountain X got destroyed" but the community has to decide

going by statements and scaling the 3 major players (4 if we include moryoumaru) should hang everywhere between mountain and island level) but we dont go by that as of now

Well, we need to know the sizes of the mountains that were destroyed. For example, when Gildartz destroyed a small mountain it was calculated as town level.

Antvasima said:
Well, we need to know the sizes of the mountains that were destroyed. For example, when Gildartz destroyed a small mountain it was calculated as town level.
Naraku also destroyed Mount Hakurei which looks a helluva lot bigger than a normal mountain, you see the trees below it?

Here is comparing Mount Hakurei to the size of other mountains.

Antvasima said:
which leaves us with the scaling problem since it will come out not higher than it was before. so via pure calculations the verse will receive no AP upgrade.

Aparajita said:
Antvasima said:
Naraku also destroyed Mount Hakurei which looks a helluva lot bigger than a normal mountain, you see the trees below it?
Here is comparing Mount Hakurei to the size of other mountains.
mt. haku was destruction over time. the insides were mostly hollow as well. cant be used sadly

RavenSupreme said:
mt. haku was destruction over time. the insides were mostly hollow as well. cant be used sadly
Except Naraku converted almost the entire mountain into a part of his body >.>

Aparajita said:
RavenSupreme said:
where do you got that information from?

RavenSupreme said:
Aparajita said:
RavenSupreme said:
I do remember at some point in the anime/manga where the inside of the mountain basically equated to being the same thing as being in naraku's stomach

And the mountain demon which inuyasha almost destroyed while holding back completely should also be an indicator. Also, a couple of kids murdered that demon later on, meanwhile the same kids couldnt even scratch hakudoshi's barrier, who is simply an incarnation of naraku

Mister Death said:
RavenSupreme said:
Aparajita said:
RavenSupreme said:
I do remember at some point in the anime/manga where the inside of the mountain basically equated to being the same thing as being in naraku's stomach

And the mountain demon which inuyasha almost destroyed while holding back completely should also be an indicator. Also, a couple of kids murdered that demon later on, meanwhile the same kids couldnt even scratch hakudoshi's barrier, who is simply an incarnation of naraku
i re-read the hakurei arc and it never mentioned that.

the mountain demon feat was used for the calc and it came out at town level, sadly. due to very bad scaling on the mangakas part.

regarding the barrier: it was narakus barrier, not hakudoshis. he gifted it to him and took it away from him after his betrayal.

logically speaking the tiers should be higher, yes. but the numbers dont add up

RavenSupreme said:
Mister Death said:
RavenSupreme said:
Aparajita said:
RavenSupreme said:

i re-read the hakurei arc and it never mentioned that.
the mountain demon feat was used for the calc and it came out at town level, sadly. due to very bad scaling on the mangakas part.

regarding the barrier: it was narakus barrier, not hakudoshis. he gifted it to him and took it away from him after his betrayal.

logically speaking the tiers should be higher, yes. but the numbers dont add up
When inuyasha and co met naraku in mt hakurei the walls were fleshy and naraku mentioned that the mountain was a part of his body, though I suppose it wouldnt matter seeing as naraku's new body was already formed

And Naraku was only defeated because of pure PIS/CIS, including when he could have easily killed Inu and co before they entered his body, not using his barriers, not completely absorbing the jewel until AFTER half his body was hit by meido, and of course his random desire to die which was nowhere to be found in the entire series

The tiers should be higher simply because so many mountains were destroyed, also, logically speaking Bakusaiga>Sounga, the latter being easily being multi mountain, assuming both wielded by sesshomaru

Please stop quoting each other back and forth. It is against the rules as it spams the page with unnecessary text.

yeha thats the point with the mt. hakurei thing. its not quantifiable and therefore does not scale to his dc. after all, the whole purpose of MT. hakura actually was to get rid of his heart (aside from the upgraded barrier)

ofc. naraku was defeated only because of PIS/CIS - takahashi admitted she fell in love with his character and later didnt knew how to get rid of him. but that does not automatically let him jump tiers.

the thing with the mountains is already explained. due to bad scaling neither of them can be used

BUT - if you manage to calculate the soounga feats and convince the people to accept it, we suddenly have a new deal. since that movie had some nice feats. until then, its depicted as non canon, and therefore neglected

edit: just re-checked one anime scene. actually all you have to do is convincing the people to accept the anime as canon source too. then we have multi-mountain busters since the first season

RavenSupreme said:
edit: just re-checked one anime scene. actually all you have to do is convincing the people to accept the anime as canon source too. then we have multi-mountain busters since the first season
InuYasha Wiki:Canon policy

TL:DR it says "Top tier is the Manga, then the anime"

Which means as long as the Anime doesn't contridict the Manga, then it's canon.

^ If that is the case I don't see why the Inu verse can't get that jump

Inuyasha/sesshomaru should be around Multi Mountain/Multi Mountain+

With naraku being island or greater, seeing as he clearly shrugged those attacks off, and again, pis/cis at its finest with naraku's death, not to mention Inuyasha's meidou ignored durability and Naraku tanked it effortlessly with half a body, again, the cis/pis, its unrivaled, find me another anime with greater cis/pis

You will still have to calculate those feats. Busting a mountain frequently does not rate higher than "Town Level", depending on the size of the mountain.

showcasing the difference between anime and manga scaling:

the very first supposed big feat in the series as he was presented in the anime

http://imgur.com/cyH1IYc

http://imgur.com/8nXoKbS

the same feat as he was presented in the manga

http://b.*************/store/manga/45/060.0/compressed/r60.16.jpg?v=1291764848

if you get the community to accept anime (same feat, different portrayal) as canon source, we can work out some calculations and potential upgrades

Well, I do not know InuYasha well, so I cannot argue for the case, but if you create a forum topic, I can highlight it for you.

that particular scene in the manga got calced at low subsonic due to - yet again - bad angle

there is some other lightning feat however

http://b.*************/store/manga/45/401.0/compressed/d401.05.jpg?v=1294335489

http://b.*************/store/manga/45/401.0/compressed/d401.06.jpg?v=1294335489

http://b.*************/store/manga/45/401.0/compressed/d401.07.jpg?v=1294335489

though whether this is C-G lightning has yet to be confirmed

I'd also like to Mention EOS Naraku has Immortality via virtue of godhood or deity(the shikon jewel)

Maybe higher level regen? Should'nt it be godly> Because even if his entire body is wiped from existence it clearly just regenerates even from a durability bypassing meidou

I personally think all the evidence provided in this thread outweighs otherwise

• Bump

I believe that the requested content changes are valid? There doesn't seem to be anything proving the contrary

Hmm. That calculatoon would likely upgrade Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru, and Naraku to Island level, so yes, it might be best to create a blog post, and ask for input from Alakabamm and the calculation group.

yeha. done. im not sure how to deal with it myself. dont know how autonom reactions have to be scaled to anyone.

-> no blogpost but a separate CR thread. i dont like to post things i dont have created my own at my blog

Okay. That is probsbly fine. I can highlight it for you.

Back