• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Inuyasha revisions

Introduction

Greetings humans? Finally getting around to finishing something from nearly a year ago. Kagome should have soul manipulation,going by wiki standards. I’ll go case by case and will include the anime along with the databook.

First Argument

First off we’ll start off with Urasue who’s basically the only reason we get this spicy showing from Kagome.

Urasue intends to revive Kikyo and seeks out her grave acquiring her bones. She actually managed to revive Kikyo WITHOUT her soul and comes to the conclusion that her magic is potent enough that it would’ve brought back Kikyo with her soul intact.

However this doesn’t happen due to the existence of Kagome. Urasue kidnaps Kagome putting her in a casket filled with a potion/herbs that draw out Kagome’s soul. To counter this Kagome’s soul makes a barrier around her showing some special properties to her soul.

She battles this soul stealing potion until Inuyasha makes Kagome’s soul waver by calling out to Kikyo causing it to leave her body and enter Kikyo. We get direct confirmation from Urasue and Inuyasha that
this is the case.

Kikyo attempts to kill Inuyasha and Kagome awakens. RIPPING OUT Kagome’s soul from her body and returning to her. Kikyo still moves and we get two reasons as to why. Her anger for Inuyasha and there’s a small bit of Kagome’s soul still left in her though the amount is unquantifiable. Kikyo comes to the conclusion that if she gets near Kagome the rest of her soul will be taken from her and return to Kagome.

Anime
The anime and it’s interpretation of these events make it very clear that Urasue drew out Kagome’s soul. And even adds an extra scene of Inuyasha,Kaede and Shippo stating that her soul will be removed. The synopsis for episode 15 states the following “Kikyo is revived when Kagome’s soul flows into her. She tries to kill Inuyasha, but Kagome takes back her soul” just an episode description and shouldn’t be used a legitimate argument but it only adds to the anime which again is very clear already.

Second Argument

Over a hundred chapters pass since the fight with Urasue and we get Kanna’s introduction into the story.

Kanna appears as Naraku’s doppelgänger and holds the ability to steal souls with her mirror. She encounters Kagome and begins to steal her soul. However Kagome’s soul WILL NOT be contained by the mirror and only got an unquantifiable amount of her soul despite Kagome being in a state where she can’t move

We get a direct statement from Naraku that Kagome’s soul not only overflows the mirror and can’t be contained but is an even stronger soul than he thought.

Kanna can’t draw out the rest of Kagome’s soul even if she wanted to and all souls are soon released via the mirror acting on its own.

Anime

Again the anime makes Kanna’s power of stealing souls very clear and her stealing Kagome’s souls is also very blatant. Kagura who’s also created by Naraku and is the sister to Kanna states that humans with no souls are as good as dead. Kagome HERSELF narrates that her soul was stolen along with the villager girl Koharu. Kagome’s soul is shown and stated to be large in the anime as well by Naraku showing the consistency

Third Argument

The official databook written by Rumiko Takahashi “Inuyasha Profiles” which fortunately I own has this to say regarding Kanna and her ability. “Kanna’s techniques include Holding and controlling enemies by absorbing their souls through the mirrors reflection and reflecting her enemies attacks. She can masterfully apply both of these techniques

On the same page we get the statement that Kanna’s mirror steals human souls but there’s a limit and Kagome’s soul was to large to absorb

In conclusion Kagome manipulating her own soul or resisting others manipulating her soul is consistent not just throughout the manga but the anime and databook as well

Some might ask what Rumiko Takahashi thinks of the original anime adaptation of Inuyasha and it’s nothing but praise. Rumiko would show up to the studio and watch the process of episodes. In production meetings staff would approach her and ask if she had any request. Even the Inuyasha movies Rumiko participated in script writing meetings but had such faith in the scriptwriters she gave them the thumbs up and allowed them to do as they pleased. And when asked if the anime did the Inuyasha manga justice Rumiko replying that the quality was very high and she was very fortunate.

TLDR: Kagome has shown soul manipulation and even some resistance which is consistent in the anime and databooks. Her soul has even shown properties exclusive to her like barrier creation and just an abnormally large soul.

Last edited:
It's fine.
This is specifically resistance to soul steal and just manipulating her own soul. So it should be made abundantly clear on the profile that this is very limited.

Pretty sure you are good to go, having a bureau and a green name accepting this and basically 0 opposition.

And for the record I agree with this.

You can't tag people, only mods can.

I can try if you don't mind, just give me a draft of how you want it to be worded
Not really good at wording it so I’ll just give you a foundation and you can word it how you like. “Limited soul manipulation and resistance~ Kagome could resist her soul being drawn out of her body by Kanna’s mirror and can rip out her soul from Kikyo’s body after being taken

Last edited:
I made the change, y'all can check it out and tell me if I messed up something also her profile needs a rework, its pretty bad.

I made the change, y'all can check it out and tell me if I messed up something also her profile needs a rework, its pretty bad.

Looks good. Agree though the verse itself is probably due for revisions. I’m planning some for the future and hoping to incorporate both the anime/databook

Back