• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kagome (Inuyasha) minor revisions

Looking through some Inuyasha stuff when I looked through Kagome’s profile and felt some stuff should be added https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Kagome_Higurashi

She has resistance to illusion creation this should have a scan. She was able to resist Narakus illusions completely unfazed. This also leads into soul manip resistance which she should have. Kagome was unaffected by said illusions Naraku claiming “The dark illusion will rise in them and consume their souls. And “Inuyasha and the others souls have been ensnared by my death by illusion spell” This is backed up by Naraku tossing kagome down a hole. Naraku saying “If I can’t destroy her soul I will destroy her flesh that harbors it “

Kagome should possibly get a building level key. “ Her power level varies depending on emotion. At times her spirit power such that it can destroy buildings” . Same page says she has infinite spirit power within her lmao

The illusion stuff ^^^ is backed up in the databook it saying “When she touched the vine she was supposed to fall under Naraku’s spell of illusionary death however it had no effect “ Also saying “ By nature she does not easily succumb to negative feelings such as fear or dread which nullifies the illusionary techniques of Un mother and Naraku “ On top of this
Kagome should also have resistance to mind manipulation. Databook saying “ Simply being near demonic power causes damage to the mind and body normal humans cannot go near or touch a demonic place however Kagome with her strong spiritual power is unaffected by demonic power. The databook also references a manga scene with Sango for this which I provided. possible passive purification? Also in the databook it mentions Kagome purifies demonic power sending out constant spiritual power unconsciously.

TLDR: Building level key- scans added for illusion resistance- Soul manip resistance added - possible passive purification. Mind manip resistance added-

Not sure if a key is needed; just a note about her tier being variable. Otherwise, she occasionally has powers that just scale from foes comparable to InuYasha at her peak even if it mostly applies to fighting against demons. Athlete level, Building level with spiritual powers, Small City level when Spiritual powers used against demons. Her durability can also vary greatly, but I have nothing against that being Building level in general scaling from Miroku or Sango who also have their own 8-C feats iirc.

Ability additions also look good to me.

Not sure if a key is needed; just a note about her tier being variable. Otherwise, she occasionally has powers that just scale from foes comparable to InuYasha at her peak even if it mostly applies to fighting against demons. Athlete level, Building level with spiritual powers, Small City level when Spiritual powers used against demons. Her durability can also vary greatly, but I have nothing against that being Building level in general scaling from Miroku or Sango who also have their own 8-C feats iirc.

Ability additions also look good to me.
Nice thanks for clearing things up. Also for the city level stuff is there a calc for that

It should be said that Kagome wasn't immune to that particular illusion from Naraku because she had resistance, but because the illusion spell had a weakness that made it so that it can't affect people without yin in their heart. Kagome was just the only person that lacked that.
At least that's how the translation I know puts it.
VXRYgH5.jpg

H5tR8MV.jpg

ze6ABSE.jpg

It should be said that Kagome wasn't immune to that particular illusion from Naraku because she had resistance, but because the illusion spell had a weakness that made it so that it can't affect people without yin in their heart. Kagome was just the only person that lacked that.
At least that's how the translation I know puts it.
VXRYgH5.jpg

H5tR8MV.jpg

Translations do vary so it’s hard to determine . Though databook never mentions anything regarding “Yin”

Translations do vary so it’s hard to determine . Though databook never mentions anything regarding “Yin”
Especially in the early days such terms were often westernized. As the fan translation already notes Yin in this context refers to something like dark or negative thoughts.
The data book mentions that she "does not easily succumb to negative feelings" and that that is the reason she resists these spells. That would be their take on the yin thing.

Especially in the early days such terms were often westernized. As the fan translation already notes Yin in this context refers to something like dark or negative thoughts.
The data book mentions that she "does not easily succumb to negative feelings" and that that is the reason she resists these spells. That would be their take on the yin thing.

Just because it’s talking about negative thoughts and such you automatically equate it to yin why? “The fan translation says it” so the argument is shaky to begin with. Does all negative thoughts and actions automatically make it in yin related in other verses as well and if not why. Not to mention the different translations for this scene. I think RAWS are needed. Besides this point do you agree to the rest?thanks for commenting.

I mean, even the data book explicitly says that the reason is her not succumbing to negative feelings. It practically confirms that it isn't just normal resistance.
And I wonder, what does the official version of this page say?
ze6ABSE.jpg

For the other stuff... do we accept the databook as a valid source of information? I'm not sure about our standards regarding that.

Mind manip resistance for the "being near demonic energy" thing seems suspicious. I mean, for a start, I don't think we ever see demonic energy in the series have that effect? However, more importantly, this is listed in the section for "nullifying demonic energy". It seems not like resistance to mind stuff, but as a showing of her ability to nullify demonic stuff. So it's more so an application of purification or a limited power null.

I mean, even the data book explicitly says that the reason is her not succumbing to negative feelings. It practically confirms that it isn't just normal resistance.
ze6ABSE.jpg

For the other stuff... do we accept the databook as a valid source of information? I'm not sure about our standards regarding that.

Mind manip resistance for the "being near demonic energy" thing seems suspicious. I mean, for a start, I don't think we ever see demonic energy in the series have that effect? However, more importantly, this is listed in the section for "nullifying demonic energy". It seems not like resistance to mind stuff, but as a showing of her ability to nullify demonic stuff. So it's more so an application of purification or a limited power null.
The part of the databook regarding demonic energy having said effect references something in the manga I dropped the scan for that too but I would need to find more.

As for the official translation or raw for inuyasha they are nearly impossible to find. So we’ll just go back and forth between translations and it just wouldn’t work we can drop that illusion stuff thought it’s still on her page and that needs a justification . Unless I find more on it

as for purification Is it possible for her purification to be passive? As she lets out this energy that purifies without her even realizing it. Or is it just reg purification

ze6ABSE.jpg

Also what about soup manip resistance? The illusion that had no effect on her was also manipulating the other cast members soul while Kagome was unfazed even Naraku says he couldn’t damage her soul so instead he throws her down a hole

So far Dark Dragon and Gilver agree. DT has some problems with some stuff but his reasoning makes sense he proposed power null instead of mind manip resistance which I proposed which I’m leaning towards agreeing

Also what about soup manip resistance? The illusion that had no effect on her was also manipulating the other cast members soul while Kagome was unfazed even Naraku says he couldn’t damage her soul so instead he throws her down a hole
The soul manip (if taken literal) and the illusions are the same technique. If the technique doesn't work on those without negative thoughts and hence doesn't affect Kagome, then that includes the soul manip aspect of it.

Thanks for the input what about this.
Kagome was attacked by a demon that takes peoples souls and kills them this demon was temporarily on Kagome’s face and was gonna use her as a host. (Scans 1-3)

This hag put Kagome in a tub looking thing which she states the potion Kagome’s bathing in will draw her soul from her body and go into Kikyou’s body. She’s able to literally lay in this potion for a good while her soul eventually making a barrier to counter the soul stealing potion she’s in. Eventually Inuyasha shows up says Kikyous name taking Kagome’s soul out she had been resisting until he said Kikyous name. Then Kagome opens her eyes and rips the soul out of Kikyou she claims this her self and goes back to Kagome (scans 4-13) Kagome was able to steal her soul back after it had been taken and before that she had been laying in something that’s meant to take her soul resisting it for awhile

Highkey this stuff for Kagome is hard to find lmao

So what are the conclusions here so far?

Back