• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

InuYasha Fate and Reality Manipulation + more

Setsuna

Fate Manipulation
45a8f822694a2aa276b2073134893e72.jpg

During the series, Setsuna gains the power to slice the threads of fate. Allowing her to prevent others' death or tethering connections to others destiny.
(If you're familiar with Black Clover's Red Threads of Fate, well she's able to cut those things.)
This power is used a lot during the 2 seasons, which is why i'm assuming her page never got updated.

Naraku

A lot of these concepts are on his page in terms of feats, but no tags or anything, so i'm confused here. Anyways what about Reality warping?​

Reality Manipulation: idk why he doesn't have it. He matches pretty much a good chunk of our examples. ( Resurrection, Spatial manipulation*needs to be added too*, cause an entire chain of events to playout after death via jewel, resisted hax anti-regeneration)

Spatial Manipulation: I've noticed he didn't have this on his page even though he's done so inside his body. The size of it is much larger than the outside of it.

2847438dccd38a105a3cad2f2950497a.png
b29592bbe72da3e45481735d098ac6f6.png

Perception Manipulation: Created illusions that prevented others from seeing each other.
f1a6e69b2537e929615acd9321c4b841.png

9e5a7e6eb800a89772b110a216464c39.png

Causality Manipulation (Via Jewel)

• Resistance to Power Nullification: Took hits from Bakusaiga and hiraikotsu (both preventing regeneration), and he still regenerated.

The first scan would be almost a nullification of some sort. That the jewel has performed on everyone's behalf. They all should be dead, but the effects are being ignored.​

9493fae032a407e4927aa42fec2ff3a1.png
  • Event Manipulation: The second is a series of events that were setup via jewel will. The slash on Kagome didn't do anything. But later, it activates after Naraku's death. Meidou zangetsuha is then changed to open into the jewel rather the underworld.

a38c6aa8cab9e27ab91ed5495d7a9e84.png

Empathic Manipulation:​

Turn one of the most powerful monks in the series into a minion. (ch 271)
bb0585b12f8d8a1f829685e957d93fa8.png
8d99b11c61801d9bb6fc73d2747f0553.png
He also does this toward Kagome later in the series.

2e3b15fdd5787ebdeba3eb0e994e60e4.png
He could even remove his own emotion from his body. ( Which is his human heart or human emotions you could think of) ( Ch 452)

Naraku feeds on human darkness * via the jewel*
ec081659032754b104e2a132d5e0eef7.png
8b4283e3fe3f21e38fc8222feb84a083.png
f119989457e37e142a4576df6d60095f.png

Minor Update​

Inuyasha has soul and mind manipulation resistance. Without the sword.
He can soul manipulate via Dragon Scale. Locking spirits in his Aura.

Kirinmaru (Forgot to add this on the page) He is able to grab his daughter's soul and chain it down into an object.
Soul Manipulation
Yashahime season 2 ep 5. ( Their fate is also bond together. Hence Setsuna is there to cut it.)
eecf09b5bfb7e01205760308b67e62a8.png
cc6cc727b84f4d815522ce402b3bb092.jpg

Sesshomaru,Setsuna,Towa,Moroha,Miroku, Kikyo/Kagome and Inuyasha are missing: Non-Physical Interaction

All of them have fought beings not of this world at one point. Sesshomaru killed the guardian of death.
Towa, Setsuna, And Moroha either have killed barriers of death or fought spirits
The all also have Illusion resistance. Only Naraku has put everyone in a greater one after every other power-up. Only his EOS form had the greatest Illusion spell.

Last edited:
Been a fan of Inuyasha for years, never thought it'll have characters that possess Reality Warping

I'll agree for now unless someone else points stuff out

@DarkDragonMedeus

I actually had this in there as well, but i slowly got lost in what i thought causality could be. Like at its core it's a simple concept. But then boom brain ****.
I couldn't think of what the name of the ability for the first scan would be and then boom causality.

Naraku

The first scan would be almost a nullification of some sort. That the jewel has performed on everyone's behalf. They all should be dead, but the effects are being ignored.

The second is a series of events that were setup via jewel will. The slash on Kagome didn't do anything. But later, it activates after Naraku's death. Meidou zangetsuha is then changed to open into the jewel rather the underworld.

Causality Manipulation
9493fae032a407e4927aa42fec2ff3a1.png
Example 2.
a38c6aa8cab9e27ab91ed5495d7a9e84.png

Last edited:
Will comment on Setsuna and her fate manip later, because there’s a bit to go over but obviously I agree with everything.

If I may add, Inuyasha should have Aura (for obvious reasons) plus does Demon Inuyasha have any other abilities we weren't aware of?

If I may add, Inuyasha should have Aura (for obvious reasons) plus does Demon Inuyasha have any other abilities we weren't aware of?
Oh like Jaki. I gotcha. I forget the uses outside of like Dragon Scale for inuyasha. I know Seshsomaru has used it to blast back characters. Same for Naraku who also uses it to knock people out or kill em.

I apologize if it's not originally part of the discussion, figured to add a little something to the table

Alright sorry for the wait, I was enjoying my weekend. As @Ignatheus mentioned, it works very similar to the thread of fate from Black clover which is accepted as fate manipulation on this wiki.

The first time we ever see mention of this ability is in episode 25 of season one, we get a direct statement from Totosai that Setsuna inherited a blood blade from Sesshomaru which not only is it potent enough to destroy physical objects but can severe all forms of fate in a single stroke. In the next episode we get a bit of a flashback which again mentions that it can sever things that cannot be served. The blade used to cut fate responds to Setsuna’s blood blade and a regular blade CANNOT hold this power or it simply breaks.

Episode 29 shows us that, ever since Setsuna has begun to wield the Yukari tachikiri she’s able to see something like “threads” which is something that Rion the daughter of Kirinmaru comments on, saying “You can see the thread of fate I share with someone close to me?” Setsuna cuts the thread of fate thats trapping Rion at Mount Musubi.

Episode 31 gives us two pretty good statements regarding Setsuna and her ability, Rion directly tells Zero that Yukari tachikiri was used by Setsuna to sever the “fate” that keeps her tied to Mount Musubi. Zero acknowledges that Rion’s fate was cut and that Setsuna has finally found a blade capable of withstanding her blood blade.

Mayonaka was a type of guardian deity that once existed and later became corrupted. His fate was tied to the blessings of five grains something that is mentioned by Mayonaka himself. Setsuna questions if she could use her blade to cut his thread of fate in which she’s able to see and slice his thread.

This is where things get a bit interesting when regarding Setsuna and her fate abilty. The trio visit Sesshomaru’s Mom in order to use the windmill of time, in which she states many have wished to travel using the windmill and all the unchosen are sucked into Space-time(the fabric of our universe) and perish. The resentment from those sucked into Space-time still lingers and stops the windmill of time from moving. The trio cannot get through unless this resentment is defeated in which Meidomaru appears, the embodiment of the underworlds wrath a literal amalgamation of all those sucked into space-time. Meidomaru’s body contains the grudges of countless demons all which are tied to the windmill of time, and Setsuna is able to sever them.

Towards the final battle, many threads of fate are shown on screen more than ever before and Setsuna actually comments on these threads being “tough” despite being able to cut Meidomaru’s countless threads of fate tied to beings that were sucked into space-time she regards these specific threads as “tough” implying some fates are much harder to sever than others though she eventually does cut these threads.

To finally end things out, the tree of ages actually states that the Yukari tachikiri can cut the fate that Rin and Zero share. And also mentions that the inside of the tree of ages is in a rift between life, death, and space-time and Setsuna was able to get there because she wield the Yukari tachikiri so on top of the fate manip, possibly dimensional travel.

In conclusion Setsuna very clearly has shown fate manip using her blade which is acknowledged by other characters not just herself. There’s also the added possibility of dimensional travel being added.

Setsuna’s fate manip also works on Kirinmaru, someone that’s significantly stronger than her in like every way. If scans are needed I’ll grab them

I know their are some things to talk about, but I don't want to clutter the thread, so I'll just focus on the topic at hand

True. Do the sacred arrows count as "Holy Manipulation"?
Hmmmmmmm maybe I didn’t really pay attention to the actual properties of her arrows. Though I do recall Kagome’s arrows being mentioned to purify, aren’t Moroha’s arrows the same?

Hmmmmmmm maybe I didn’t really pay attention to the actual properties of her arrows. Though I do recall Kagome’s arrows being mentioned to purify, aren’t Moroha’s arrows the same?
I say so, so probably not Holy Manipulation

It's her bow that allows her to see them now. Just like setsuna's blood blade. She can cut them with her bow.

I still don't understand how there is any causality manipulation, can you explain it to me???
Finally, someone pops up to talk about it.

causality manipulation normally requires a few things normally, simply reality warping. Changing Cause and Effect. If you can edit reality in that way at least.
The team should have died when they were covered in the strongest miasma in the series yet they weren't. It's not like the miasma didn't go away it just simply didn't kill them because the jewel didn't want them to die.

Naraku didn't die when hit with hax attacks that should of even stopped him from death because they simply didn't

Finally, WISHES are normally causality manipulation feats. He can not only create a series of events to unfold across time and space. But infect his will for things that normally don't function in one manner to do another. Byakuya's sword didn't hurt nor kill until wished events started almost like a video game. Meido Zangetsuha's function changed a bit from sending people to the underworld to sending people to the jewel.

Our wiki for causality if vague, but something like superpowers wiki actually goes way more in-depth on the concept. No matter where i went, what Naraku did pretty much all connections. The jewel also has the power to alter fates, reality, and time-space so it pretty much all aligns together.

If anyone disagrees, i'm open.

Last edited:
I can't give any input for a new generation, since I need to watch it. But I simply can help with the old generation part.

Yeah there are a lot of things for the original series I want to discuss, but not sure this would be the right time

Ngl, I re-watched it ALL, but the thing is, I only know about the plot, not power scaling, I was not interested at that time. All I wanted is, to rewatch my childhood.
I hear ya. I actually wanted to re-watch Inuyasha before Yashahime came out. That didn't work out due to life 😅

Back