• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Napstablook Addition. (Some possible resistances)

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the ending of the True Pacifist route, Napstablook reveals that he was uneffected by Asriel absorbing everyone's souls. This isn't mentioned anywhere on his profile, and I think this feat is too noteworthy to be ignored.

The specifics on HOW he did this are... strange. He states that all he had to do was ignore the light, and his soul wasnt taken. This means a few things:

•Either Asriel's soul absorbtion can be resisted by avoiding the soul-stealing light, or specifically Napstablook has an abilty that counters it. Perhaps resistance to sealing or resistance to soul manipulation.

•He remembered the time between Asriel's soul absorbtion and defeat, which no other monster did (besides remembering Frisk's name). Possibly resistance to memory wipe?

I think it's very likely that Toby just didn't put much thought into this bit. But unfortunately there's nothing actually stating that, let alone Toby himself, so that's just my view. I think that, due to the way Napstablook explained it, and how adding abilities is treated, it's fine to assume that Asriel cannot blatantly steal souls whenever he wants. Despite that, I find it severely unlikely that literally every monster in the Underground aside from Napstablook approached a strange light that was beckoning them.

It depends, did Asriel directly attempt to wipe every monsters memories of that? Or was it just a side affect applying only to the beings Asriel absorbed? If it's the former, Napstablook undoubtedly gains a resistance to Memory Erasure.

YuriAkuto said:
Doesn't this also mean that he tanked timeline(s)' destruction?
Technically speaking, it should. If Napstablook really does have full memory of everything that happened during that time period, we could expect him to at least mention something about it, let alone the fact that he should have been wiped out from it, but he doesn't mention anything about it, although maybe he only has limited memory of the events that happened, he only describes remembering when the light came to absorb him, which we can assume was during Flowey's transformation into Asriel, not during the fight. Inb4 Napstablook's house just has resistance to Asriel's abilities, and can easily tank the destruction of the timeline.

I'm not sure if he mentions his house again; but Napstablook having a ridiculously high durability could be logic, since he never got hurt in the game and he only "lowered his HP" to please you.

That's purely because Frisk uses physical attacks, which cannot harm ghosts. Surviving the destruction of an entire timeline is a different case.

In any case, I don't think it'd be appropriate to give him Universal+ durability because of a speculative feat. I'm also not entirely sure how timeline destruction should even affect non-corporeal beings.

Also, I found this in his durability section.

"Has a defense value of 10. However they are impossible to harm by conventional means. Frisk/Chara attacking them won't actually do anything, and they appeared to be the only one unaffected when Flowey absorbed everyone in the Underground's soul. Instead, Napstablook just closed the blinds, ignored it, and continued to feel like garbage. It should also be noted that while Mad Dummy reveals ghosts are hurt by magic attacks, Napstablook reveals ghosts can't "die", meaning said attacks likely cause them pain, but no lasting harm. Because of this, it is likely that damage to their spirit/essence is the simplest way to actually destroy/genuinely damage them."

So to ShockingPsychic, yes, it was mentioned on their page, just not in their powers/abilities section.

RinneItachi said:
I think it's very likely that Toby just didn't put much thought into this bit. But unfortunately there's nothing actually stating that, let alone Toby himself, so that's just my view. I think that, due to the way Napstablook explained it, and how adding abilities is treated, it's fine to assume that Asriel cannot blatantly steal souls whenever he wants. Despite that, I find it severely unlikely that literally every monster in the Underground aside from Napstablook approached a strange light that was beckoning them.

It depends, did Asriel directly attempt to wipe every monsters memories of that? Or was it just a side affect applying only to the beings Asriel absorbed? If it's the former, Napstablook undoubtedly gains a resistance to Memory Erasure.
Well, Asriel did state that he would "bring everyone's memories back to zero", so we know wiping memory is a thing he can do on purpose.

That text in their profile was pretty cringey and so is most of this thread.

• Napstablook didn't just "ignore the light, and his soul wasnt taken". Should this thread show the evidence of its claims as it's stated in the rules I wouldn't need to point this out.
  • "Either Asriel's soul absorbtion can be resisted by avoiding the soul-stealing light": Misleading AF, Resistance is a power in this wiki, yes? Resist a power B by not not getting hit by a power A that makes power B happen is not a resistance. It's just dodging.
  • Resistance to sealing makes no sense as Asriel is not using that at all.
  • The monsters that didn't remember that were the ones whose souls were saved by Frisk, aside from that Napstablook would say the same if they had no such resistance to memory manip because why would he talk about stuff he doesn't remember.
  • "Doesn't this also mean that he tanked timeline(s)' destruction?": By far the most exaggerated thing, everything was left back to normal after that so him taking that comes out of nowhere.
I'm gonna close this thread, both because it doesn't show evidence and because it's rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back