• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Frisk's Resistance to Absorption + A minor Asgore fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only crab agreed with it.
d31.gif

To be fair, this is what happens when you rely on staff that aren't knowledgeable, even if I do like Undertale.

One out of however many arguments I made on that thread being shoddy is pretty good, me thinks.

To be fair, this is what happens when you rely on staff that aren't knowledgeable, even if I do like Undertale.

One out of however many arguments I made on that thread being shoddy is pretty good, me thinks.
Nah, no worries. Thread also dealt with a bunch of bs and got convoluted pretty fast.

Literally all of these are points I responded to in the original thread. So just assume that I repeat it. And since the resistance is already removed I will continue the argument there if you have something new to add.

How does the wiki even contradict this?
It is one of the listed weaknesses of determination:

"Someone with equal and higher amounts of Determination (as it exists in Undertale) will result in their ability to SAVE and LOAD being disabled."

This "equal" part comes from Asriel fight. It is also directly stated in Frisk's AP section:

"their Determination was stopping Asriel from doing a TRUE RESET, thus forcing Asriel to defeat Frisk to gain control over the timeline"

Btw let's continue this around 6 hours later. I have to go to university.

It is one of the listed weaknesses of determination:

"Someone with equal and higher amounts of Determination (as it exists in Undertale) will result in their ability to SAVE and LOAD being disabled."

This "equal" part comes from Asriel fight. It is also directly stated in Frisk's AP section:

"their Determination was stopping Asriel from doing a TRUE RESET, thus forcing Asriel to defeat Frisk to gain control over the timeline"

Btw let's continue this around 6 hours later. I have to go to university.
This doesn't mean that Frisk magically can resist absorption, when said absorption is a weak hax which needs to satisfy certain conditions.

Original Thread here. Making this as the Staff didn't remotely read my arguments, so I'll make this CRT so they'll be forced to read them this time.
Stop obliterating my attention span with giant text walls and I might.
The thing is that Frisk has now resistance to Soul Absorption due to them apparentely not being affected from Photoshop Flowey trying to absorb their SOUL with the "light" (link on the profile is broken so here's the fixed one), which seems pretty clear on-paper... if you do not look at the context.

The thing has several problems:
Basically the SOUL absorption resistance is bad and it must go.

The arguments against this were made in the thread I linked, and are pretty poor in themselves. Let's see them all:
  • "Asriel planned to take Frisk's SOUL and then release it when his plan was achieved."
Asriel has never said he wanted Frisk's SOUL. He wanted only the power of 7 Human SOULs, and he got it thanks to 6 SOULs and all the monster's ones, which all together equate to the lacking 7th SOUL. He planned to take Frisk's SOUL only in the Photoshop Flowey fight when their soul was the 7th aviable at the moment, but in the Pacifist he never needed it, he had all means to make Frisk surrender, aka the godly power he'd get with the power of 7 SOULs.

Plus is a massive reaching to say that, he only wanted to beat up Frisk over and over until they surrender and their control of the timeline gets to Asriel as he would be the one with higher DT if he won. Not such complicated shit, he already had the power to TRUE RESET after all.
  • "He could absorb the monsters without defeating them, meaning he'd be able to absorb Frisk's SOUL in a similar manner."
Monsters' SOULs are not like Human ones. They are physically linked to their bodies, and thus both body and SOUL disappears when they die, unlike the human ones which still exist after their death. And to extract a Monster's SOUL, you explicitly need an immense amount of power (which, guess what, it happened with Photoshop Flowey, given he has 6 SOULs). You can make an argument with him being able to extract Frisk's SOUL as well, and that would be correct, but he just didn't want to for the aforementioned reasons, given he did not need Frisk's SOUL at all for his plans, as he already was able to as Photoshop Flowey, yet he never did.
Fair enough.
Bonus: Asgore has this on his profile:

Official promotional material suggests that Asgore killing Frisk is one possible outcome

That's not canon, so yeet that from his AP justification, thank you.
Pretty sure Toby's joking there.

There, that's my response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back