• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited necromancy suck ass here, since their power comes out of us, the Player.
Book and Flowey confirms that the source of Determination is the Player ourselves
That logic would mean taking all of Frisk's abilities since nearly all of their abilities are determination based. And no, we have been shown time and time again that the soul, the source of Frisk's determination, belongs to both player and Frisk. And Frisk can actively affect determination levels.
Not really impressive, since Younger Undyne should't be above average in skill, since she is Younger, so basically asgore is just avoiding a child
But also don't remember festa from Undyne, so i'm neutral.
This is about Asgore casually being above someone average in skill, not Undyne herself. And avoiding every single attack from even a child is much harder than you think. Not to mention, Asgore trains Undyne for a while after that and even then, it takes a great deal of time until Undyne just manages to knock him down just once.
Or you know average, i can still be trained and bê average.
It is a stretch to say that every single soldier still managed to stay average after training. It is already a low probability for a single person.
I trought that years of experience in this site don't count as evidence to skill, since we would need actual festa from that.
This is something I actually agree with. "Years of experience" shouldn't really count as a piece of evidence for skill but I have seen it being used as such more than I care to count in this site.
While that's true, they don't show everything that's is actually happening, we also don't have any statements that proves the Monsters ARE trying to dodges our attacks, so kinda of a moot point.
You are basically implying that monsters are utterly devoid of any common sense. Why would they stay put and just tank our attacks when their lives are on the line?
The whole Sans fight, also kinda disproves that Ideia, since he show dodging our attacks and even commenting about:
"what? you think i'm gonna stand there and take it?" Implying before that, the monsters are just stading there and taking It.
Sans is also accepted as much faster than Frisk due to being able to dodge them at all. Besides, the whole point of his fight is that it breaks the usual game style (and somewhat the fourth wall as well). Having the first turn, attacking during our turn, ignoring invincibility frames etc. The only two possible interpretations for these are that either he is much faster than Frisk or he just breaks the rules in which case his fight can't be used to judge the other fights.

Besides, we have a quote that disproves monsters just standing there:
"Froggit is trying to run away."
Tbh Cranwhale kinda summed up everything I was gonna say; since I don't feel like writing everything he did but slightly different, just put me as what his opinions are.
He already said that it was his last evaluation of the thread so I don't know if arguing has any point but anyway. Let's get over the abilities one by one though. Otherwise, it gonna be needlessly messy. I am gonna start from the one that makes least sense, "Heat Up."

His argument not only implies that a "thermostat" just appeared out of nowhere, it also implies that there is also the whole system attached to it when there was nothing of sort just moments ago. Somehow, there is more than one of these invisible system and they are scattered across all of Hotland, being there every other step. And for some reason, Pyrop spesifically needs Frisk to use thermostat when there are numerous other monsters in the area. Sorry but this line of logic just falls apart on so many points

That logic would mean taking all of Frisk's abilities since nearly all of their abilities are determination based. And no, we have been shown time and time again that the soul, the source of Frisk's determination, belongs to both player and Frisk. And Frisk can actively affect determination levels.
Very bad choice of words here.
Frisk doesn't create the determination level, but mostly just uses more of it unleashing the power.
You can't get more energy from nothing, Frisk just borrows it from the SOUL.

But this argument about Frisk&Player is bad too, since Frisk can use the Determination and use the Save files, that's okay and fine
But, the Necromancy is only for Player because Frisk never was capable of that, and it all comes from the Player themselves, even eventually talking to us in the end.
The difference between other abilities and necromancy here that Frisk is only tampered with the source, but not the source themselves, while they can use the abilities what soul gives.
But, Chara woke up because of us, only us, not Frisk. Is our aura I could say even.

Very bad choice of words here.
Frisk doesn't create the determination level, but mostly just uses more of it unleashing the power.
You can't get more energy from nothing, Frisk just borrows it from the SOUL.
That SOUL also belongs to Frisk, to begin with. Unleashing a new lower level is also a total headcanon given how they don't just consistently stay at higher levels of power.

Besides, even with your line of logic Frisk could still use the soul's abilities.
But this argument about Frisk&Player is bad too, since Frisk can use the Determination and use the Save files, that's okay and fine
You are making an arbitrary line between what Frisk can do or not based on nothing. Since according to you "Determination" comes from us, even using save files is Frisk can't do on their own.
But, the Necromancy is only for Player because Frisk never was capable of that, and it all comes from the Player themselves,
But, Chara woke up because of us, only us, not Frisk. Is our aura I could say even.
Make a proper argument. You are basically saying "I am right because I am right." The things you mentioned are literally what we are arguing over right now.
even eventually talking to us in the end.
Are you talking about Chara? Yes, they talk to us but don't forget that there is no Frisk at this point. And don't forget what awakened Chara from death:
  • Your power awakened me from death.
  • My "human soul"...
  • My "determination"...
  • They weren't mine, but YOURS
They talk about "determination", the same determination Frisk uses the whole game.

That's not just it. At no point in the game, the player tries to resurrect Chara. We literally enter Underground at the same time as Frisk and learn later on that Chara has been resurrected along the line.
The difference between other abilities and necromancy here that Frisk is only tampered with the source, but not the source themselves,
Again, this is just a headcanon. The game time and time again mentions Frisk's determination (i.e. Save points). Asriel fight and the narration of abilities there also talk about Frisk's determination:

"Isn't that delicious? Your "determination." The power that let you get this far... "

"Let's see what good your DETERMINATION is against THIS!!"

"You think about why you're here now..."

"You held on to your hopes..."

Frisk is the one who is determined and they are the one who takes these actions. The quotes of Asriel above also talks about Frisk's determination. And he says these despite being aware of the player.
while they can use the abilities what soul gives.
I already said it. Even with this line of logic, Frisk would still get "necromancy" considering they use the very same soul.

Still the Check calling it a (probably tangible) core and the "Monster SOULs can't persist outside their bodies" thing still makes it dubious
Plus, I don't see how this would be explained if Yellow Mode lets you target the SOUL
Dont_you_know_1.gif
Oh sorry, I almost forgot to reply to this one. The "Core" argument is indeed very solid and I don't think I have a proper counter to that. However, souls are described as the culmination of one's being, basically acting as a core. It is not far-fetched to think that Mettaton's soul gets referred to as core since he is a robot.

Monster souls can't exist outside the body because they are attuned to monsters' bodies. And whenever Mettaton uses his attack, we can see that the soul is still connected to his body through something (idk what it is called).

Just because Frisk can target souls doesn't mean that it works in the conventional way, or rather how it usually works in fiction. Usually, when someone uses this kind of durability negation it completely ignores the body for some reason. But as can be seen in the image you show, it doesn't work for Frisk unless they can damage the body since the soul is normally placed inside there (This would also give an interesting weakness to Frisk's durability negation).

That SOUL also belongs to Frisk, to begin with. Unleashing a new lower level is also a total headcanon given how they don't just consistently stay at higher levels of power.

Besides, even with your line of logic Frisk could still use the soul's abilities.

You are making an arbitrary line between what Frisk can do or not based on nothing. Since according to you "Determination" comes from us, even using save files is Frisk can't do on their own.

Make a proper argument. You are basically saying "I am right because I am right." The things you mentioned are literally what we are arguing over right now.

Are you talking about Chara? Yes, they talk to us but don't forget that there is no Frisk at this point. And don't forget what awakened Chara from death:
  • Your power awakened me from death.
  • My "human soul"...
  • My "determination"...
  • They weren't mine, but YOURS
They talk about "determination", the same determination Frisk uses the whole game.

That's not just it. At no point in the game, the player tries to resurrect Chara. We literally enter Underground at the same time as Frisk and learn later on that Chara has been resurrected along the line.

Again, this is just a headcanon. The game time and time again mentions Frisk's determination (i.e. Save points). Asriel fight and the narration of abilities there also talk about Frisk's determination:

"Isn't that delicious? Your "determination." The power that let you get this far... "

"Let's see what good your DETERMINATION is against THIS!!"

"You think about why you're here now..."

"You held on to your hopes..."

Frisk is the one who is determined and they are the one who takes these actions. The quotes of Asriel above also talks about Frisk's determination. And he says these despite being aware of the player.
^the most headcanon thing I ever read.

"It's headcanon because it's headcanon", lmao.
I already said it. Even with this line of logic, Frisk would still get "necromancy" considering they use the very same soul.
Well, here, yes, here, then it actually makes sense and nullifies even the point of arguing.

This is about Asgore casually being above someone average in skill, not Undyne herself.
So why do you bring Younger Undyne, a character who should't be above average in skill, to prove that Asgore is above in skill?
And avoiding every single attack from even a child is much harder than you think.
No is not, i do It ALL the time with my nephew.
Not to mention, Asgore trains Undyne for a while after that and even then, it takes a great deal of time until Undyne just manages to knock him down just once.
Still don't see how he is so skillful.
It is a stretch to say that every single soldier still managed to stay average after training. It is already a low probability for a single person.
Well, i just can't really believe It If we don't have feats.
This is something I actually agree with. "Years of experience" shouldn't really count as a piece of evidence for skill but I have seen it being used as such more than I care to count in this site.
Someone should definitily make a page about this.
You are basically implying that monsters are utterly devoid of any common sense.
They mostly are, outside of combat, but this is not a argument so you can ignore It.
Why would they stay put and just tank our attacks when their lives are on the line?
Well, because they following the Turn by Turn rule of RPG, so they kinda have no choice.
Sans is also accepted as much faster than Frisk due to being able to dodge them at all.
Weird, but okay
Besides, the whole point of his fight is that it breaks the usual game style (and somewhat the fourth wall as well). Having the first turn, attacking during our turn, ignoring invincibility frames etc.
Yeah, he is breaking the rules, but still that's just prove that the monsters are actually not dodging the attacks, because they respecting the rules, and Sans is not.
Besides, we have a quote that disproves monsters just standing there:
"Froggit is trying to run away."
That's don't prove they are actually trying to dodges the attacks trought.

Btw, according with the page of Weapon Mastery, fighting someone skilled don't actually grant you this, you have to be show or have statements to actually have this ability.

Frisk also don't need to be skilled to beat someone with better skills, they could be way stronger than them, and Win via brute force.

The least we can give to Frisk is they being skilled with the Gun (always assume they trowing the thing, not creating Magic bullets to firme It, but the Wiki accepts that way, sure) since most of the "weapons" are not actually weapons, and the Real knife is Just used in one fight.

I'm still disagreeing with MW.

Well, here, yes, here, then it actually makes sense and nullifies even the point of arguing.
So I assume you agree with the addition of necromancy?
So why do you bring Younger Undyne, a character who should't be above average in skill, to prove that Asgore is above in skill?
Because you are above average if you casually defeat someone average?
No is not, i do It ALL the time with my nephew
Then either you have above-average dodging skills or you back away with a massive speed advantage which is not what I would call dodging.
Still don't see how he is so skillful.
Because trained Undyne would be even harder to dodge. And Asgore does it for an unspecified amount of time. And bear in mind that the gap between his physicals and Undyne's also should be getting lower and lower during this whole ordeal.
Well, i just can't really believe It If we don't have feats
We don't need feats for everything. And isn't this "Argument from belief" fallacy?
Well, because they following the Turn by Turn rule of RPG, so they kinda have no choice.
Once again, this is just an interface for us. There is much going on outside what we see.
Yeah, he is breaking the rules, but still that's just prove that the monsters are actually not dodging the attacks, because they respecting the rules, and Sans is not.
I think you misunderstood me. Rules such as turns are game mechanics. There is no actual in-game rules to go by. And Sans is a character who often breaks fourth wall and in case, he breaks the game mechanics or abuses them by not ending his turn. Think of how Gerson does the same by not leaving his shop.
That's don't prove they are actually trying to dodges the attacks trought.
But it proves that they don't just stay still.

I still don't understand how is this Necromancy. Necromancy is manipulating corpses and the undead and stuff, whereas here it seems more like Ressurection instead, unless Chara is a zombie or something in the Genocide ending.

I still don't understand how is this Necromancy. Necromancy is manipulating corpses and the undead and stuff, whereas here it seems more like Ressurection instead, unless Chara is a zombie or something in the Genocide ending.
This CRT is wank personified don't bother.

Then either you have above-average dodging skills or you back away with a massive speed advantage which is not what I would call dodging.
Well, to be fair i always block his attacks too.
Because trained Undyne would be even harder to dodge. And Asgore does it for an unspecified amount of time. And bear in mind that the gap between his physicals and Undyne's also should be getting lower and lower during this whole ordeal.
Ok, i agree that makes Asgore very good in dodging, but still would't make Frisk a character proficient with weapons because hitting someone is diferentt than being good at using said weapon.
Frisk can defeat someone, and be worse in skill by Just being overall stronger.

We don't need feats for everything. And isn't this "Argument from belief" fallacy?
Well, not only feats, but we also need actual statements, a thing that Frisk is kinda lacking
Once again, this is just an interface for us. There is much going on outside what we see.
I think you misunderstood me. Rules such as turns are game mechanics. There is no actual in-game rules to go by. And Sans is a character who often breaks fourth wall and in case, he breaks the game mechanics or abuses them by not ending his turn. Think of how Gerson does the same by not leaving his shop.
So like, this is a thing every character have the possibility to do, is not a Sans thing, meaning that they are following the game rules.
Sans is only abusing more than the other characters, and is not like he is the only one, Asgore can break the mercy Button.
But i guess we can drop this argument, since we gonna Go back and forth.
But it proves that they don't just stay still.
I pretty sure I agree It this, the fact the game don't show everything that's is describing, but we also don't have statements that they actual dodging.

Btw, i look at the profiles, and this was accepted? We don't have 4 staff agreeing here, so why this was written there?

• Aura: With "spare" Frisk can exude a peaceful aura of determination that makes any opponent that is already questioning their desire to fight them give up.
Please don't "Well this is interesting.", use the space you have to write there to source where this comes from as our rules say you need to do. This could be poetic, so I can agree with a Likely.

Dogmatic, that's has no reason to be a superpower rather than talking and having context to feel that way.
Could be, but the dream itself isn't necessarily manipulated. Just because the word is there it doesn't mean that the superpower related to it has to be happening, if I can make things written become true then I don't affect texts, for example.
  • Statistics Reduction: They should have this with "Stare".
This has no reason to be universally applicable rather than situational to that one monster, monsters having special rules like that.
In the first one Frisk uses a thermostat to do that. On the second one Frisk blows air on the fire monster, which causes this, because air can turn down fire.
Again, this is not universally applicable, it's most likely to be very, very situational to whom Chara is as a person, how they call themselves a demon, how much power they got before dying, and its relationship with the anomaly, which is a part of Chara that existed since before the plot of the game and didn't die when Chara died. This is a Chara thing, not Frisk's.
Yes.
  • Precognition: They should have this via Aim Dodging (During Sans fight), red exclamation marks (Warns them of particularly powerful attacks) and narration (can sometimes say what opponent will use beforehand).
This are game mechanics, for the first two the reasonable idea to have is that Frisk either starts battles careful to know how certain moves will play out & then knows how to dodge them, or well got hit by them but didn't later on in the fights, or sees them from afar, or the attacks aren't as fast as we see them & so warnings aren't needed, or Frisk is faster than as seen in gameplay & so warnings aren't needed, etc. For the narration, characters not always know what narration says, even when it's proven that they sometimes do hear it, because that doesn't prove it to be a consistent thing that they always do. Even then, narration may be saying things that are visually apparent to the characters but that we the players don't see as it's all limited enemies doing the same limited amount of poses over and over.

I'm tired needing to break this down because it is something abysmally obvious, this is the type of thing any person would never conclude if they weren't into Vs, but that you conclude while being into Vs because you're not doing right, for one reason or another that should preferably be fixed. I say this for the practicality and help it has to say so.
No, please use evidence from the game, it's unprofessional to link to a wiki (which in turn sources nothing on the topic we are talking about).
  • Weapon Mastery: Frisk has a ton of weapons
Well, they don't need to master any of them given how all they need is intentionality. Sans also refers to Frisk attacking with his knife as swinging that thing around.
  • Breath Attack: Due to the aforementioned "Cool Down" ability:
    "You blow on Pyrope. Its flames die down. Pyrope's ATTACK dropped!"
Not an attack, they just blow air.
There is no point of ref to how much damage this is, and their body is fine.
This needs better evidence to show what's going on.
That's narration, Asriel already said this was going to happen, and areas around are likewise most likely to be affected in the same way.
  • Power Modification: Changed their ACT button to SAVE button, SAVE button was completely unaffected Asriel's final attack afterwards
That doesn't mean anything, they didn't change anything esoteric, they just decided to do one thing rather than another and likewise gameplay had that change because ACTing was useless. The fact that "SAVE button was completely unaffected Asriel's final attack afterwards" is nothing too.
  • Reactive Evolution: Is shown to have different abilities depending on situation. This is most notable during Asriel fight.
Most of this abilities aren't superpowers but mere actions. The abilities shown in the Asriel fight are legit superpowers but pulling off superpowers once isn't Reactive Evolution.
It's shown that the soul comes off the body there. Interact with=/=touching. You also put no effort for readers to show why he's implied to be Gaster, you just say he is, or why he would be non existent.
The timeline wasn't destroyed yet, see here and here.
  • Likely Data Manipulation and Text Manipulation: Some of the items seems to be named by Frisk.
No, this has no reason to be canon.
Source of that image? Frisk didn't necessarily resisted anything, narration was simply wrong and think one thing happened that didn't happen.
Sure.
It's not proven that he aimed to and isn't it stated that he needs to defeat them first?
Ok, but the wording needs to change a bit; after being killed often time they change time, which would reset their physical stamina back to how they had it before.
Yes.
As before.

• Possibly Dimensional Travel: There's quite a lot of evidence that suggests Sans has not only awareness of timelines, but in all likelihood has traversed them outright. I would suggest a "Possibly Dimensional Travel", simply because the methods he uses are unknown.
It's not good enough for that. I will go over each point below but even then, if they were correct it wouldn't prove he has that just like that, as it could be with prep time and he could need resources he no longer has, things you are not portaying in your proposal.
  • To begin with, numerous times we are told or shown how Sans is a scientific genius who can consistently and casually defy physics as nothing more than a joke, apparently doing so often enough that Papyrus even talks about being pranked across space and time as a common occurrence.
Needless to say, this can mean anything.
  • Sans bedroom door is exactly identical to the teleporting doors located in the dark world. Toby is not so lazy that he would reuse a sprite with that level of significance just to avoid making a new sprite, it was clearly intentional.
No reason to portray this as objectively as you did; yes, it can be that he reused that, Toby's sprites are pretty limited. You can't look at this and say "there needs to be a connection", the standard thing to say is "it's a fun coincidence, it means nothing unless proven otherwise in the future".
  • Sans is known to have some form of relation to Gaster, confirmed by the attack name Gaster Blaster, but there's a whole lot more that could be unpacked there and it would take up too large of a portion of the CRT.
We don't know what kind of connection that is, for all we know he could have just known about him.
  • When you call Papyrus in their house, he says this about Sans' room.
Poetic.
  • The Riverperson warns us to beware a man who came from another world.
That could be anyone, like Gaster.
  • Sans has a picture of 3 people with the words "Don't forget" written on it. There's been a lot of debate on this mystery over the years, but one undeniable thing is that the two words "Don't forget" have a heavy importance in Deltarune...they even have an entire OST titled just that. And Sans is quite literally the ONLY character in both games to have the exact same sprite between games, though it would be in line with his character as the laidback lazy funny guy.
I'm good with the portrayal you give to your point.
  • According to the official comic Grillby's Rogue's Gallery, the first time Sans walked into Grillbys he asked for "the usual", and he immediately managed to get along with everyone there. This is giving more context to the information we have about Sans and Papyrus from the Shopkeeper who says that they showed up out of nowhere and asserted themselves.
Ok but "the usual" can be a joke on the fact that it's his first time there, because he's funny like that.
  • And most pressing of all the evidence I've seen thus far;
3gleebvcou341.png

Just because the character isn't ref anywhere else in Undertale doesn't mean that it doesn't exist in that world. We also only see parts of the monster world, which needless to say limits a lot how much of this type of things we would see.

• Aura: With "spare" Frisk can exude a peaceful aura of determination that makes any opponent that is already questioning their desire to fight them give up.
Please don't "Well this is interesting.", use the space you have to write there to source where this comes from as our rules say you need to do. This could be poetic, so I can agree with a Likely.

Dogmatic, that's has no reason to be a superpower rather than talking and having context to feel that way.
Could be, but the dream itself isn't necessarily manipulated. Just because the word is there it doesn't mean that the superpower related to it has to be happening, if I can make things written become true then I don't affect texts, for example.
This has no reason to be universally applicable rather than situational to that one monster, monsters having special rules like that.
In the first one Frisk uses a thermostat to do that. On the second one Frisk blows air on the fire monster, which causes this, because air can turn down fire.
Again, this is not universally applicable, it's most likely to be very, very situational to whom Chara is as a person, how they call themselves a demon, how much power they got before dying, and its relationship with the anomaly, which is a part of Chara that existed since before the plot of the game and didn't die when Chara died. This is a Chara thing, not Frisk's.
Yes.
  • Precognition: They should have this via Aim Dodging (During Sans fight), red exclamation marks (Warns them of particularly powerful attacks) and narration (can sometimes say what opponent will use beforehand).
This are game mechanics, for the first two the reasonable idea to have is that Frisk either starts battles careful to know how certain moves will play out & then knows how to dodge them, or well got hit by them but didn't later on in the fights, or sees them from afar, or the attacks aren't as fast as we see them & so warnings aren't needed, or Frisk is faster than as seen in gameplay & so warnings aren't needed, etc. For the narration, characters not always know what narration says, even when it's proven that they sometimes do hear it, because that doesn't prove it to be a consistent thing that they always do. Even then, narration may be saying things that are visually apparent to the characters but that we the players don't see as it's all limited enemies doing the same limited amount of poses over and over.

I'm tired needing to break this down because it is something abysmally obvious, this is the type of thing any person would never conclude if they weren't into Vs, but that you conclude while being into Vs because you're not doing right, for one reason or another that should preferably be fixed. I say this for the practicality and help it has to say so.
No, please use evidence from the game, it's unprofessional to link to a wiki (which in turn sources nothing on the topic we are talking about).
Well, they don't need to master any of them given how all they need is intentionality. Sans also refers to Frisk attacking with his knife as swinging that thing around.
That's narration, Asriel already said this was going to happen, and areas around are likewise most likely to be affected in the same way.
  • Power Modification: Changed their ACT button to SAVE button, SAVE button was completely unaffected Asriel's final attack afterwards
That doesn't mean anything, they didn't change anything esoteric, they just decided to do one thing rather than another and likewise gameplay had that change because ACTing was useless. The fact that "SAVE button was completely unaffected Asriel's final attack afterwards" is nothing too.
  • Reactive Evolution: Is shown to have different abilities depending on situation. This is most notable during Asriel fight.
Most of this abilities aren't superpowers but mere actions. The abilities shown in the Asriel fight are legit superpowers but pulling off superpowers once isn't Reactive Evolution.
It's shown that the soul comes off the body there. Interact with=/=touching. You also put no effort for readers to show why he's implied to be Gaster, you just say he is, or why he would be non existent.
  • Likely Data Manipulation and Text Manipulation: Some of the items seems to be named by Frisk.
Source of that image? Frisk didn't necessarily resisted anything, narration was simply wrong and think one thing happened that didn't happen.
Sure.
It's not proven that he aimed to and isn't it stated that he needs to defeat them first?
Ok, but the wording needs to change a bit; after being killed often time they change time, which would reset their physical stamina back to how they had it before.
Yes.
As before.

• Possibly Dimensional Travel: There's quite a lot of evidence that suggests Sans has not only awareness of timelines, but in all likelihood has traversed them outright. I would suggest a "Possibly Dimensional Travel", simply because the methods he uses are unknown.
It's not good enough for that. I will go over each point below but even then, if they were correct it wouldn't prove he has that just like that, as it could be with prep time and he could need resources he no longer has, things you are not portaying in your proposal.
  • To begin with, numerous times we are told or shown how Sans is a scientific genius who can consistently and casually defy physics as nothing more than a joke, apparently doing so often enough that Papyrus even talks about being pranked across space and time as a common occurrence.
  • Sans bedroom door is exactly identical to the teleporting doors located in the dark world. Toby is not so lazy that he would reuse a sprite with that level of significance just to avoid making a new sprite, it was clearly intentional.
No reason to portray this as objectively as you did; yes, it can be that he reused that, Toby's sprites are pretty limited. You can't look at this and say "there needs to be a connection", the standard thing to say is "it's a fun coincidence, it means nothing unless proven otherwise in the future".
  • Sans is known to have some form of relation to Gaster, confirmed by the attack name Gaster Blaster, but there's a whole lot more that could be unpacked there and it would take up too large of a portion of the CRT.
We don't know what kind of connection that is, for all we know he could have just known about him.
Poetic.
  • Sans has a picture of 3 people with the words "Don't forget" written on it. There's been a lot of debate on this mystery over the years, but one undeniable thing is that the two words "Don't forget" have a heavy importance in Deltarune...they even have an entire OST titled just that. And Sans is quite literally the ONLY character in both games to have the exact same sprite between games, though it would be in line with his character as the laidback lazy funny guy.
  • According to the official comic Grillby's Rogue's Gallery, the first time Sans walked into Grillbys he asked for "the usual", and he immediately managed to get along with everyone there. This is giving more context to the information we have about Sans and Papyrus from the Shopkeeper who says that they showed up out of nowhere and asserted themselves.
Ok but "the usual" can be a joke on the fact that it's his first time there, because he's funny like that.
3gleebvcou341.png

Just because the character isn't ref anywhere else in Undertale doesn't mean that it doesn't exist in that world. We also only see parts of the monster world, which needless to say limits a lot how much of this type of things we would see.
Oh alright wow. I will look into this tomorrow but some of the things you disagreed with were already added-

One day years into the future we are going to standardize to add "(✔)" and "(x)" at the start of proposals of either opened CRTs or ones that get sequels linking into them, if the proposals aren't still being talked about.

One day years into the future we are going to standardize to add "(✔)" and "(x)" at the start of proposals of either opened CRTs or ones that get sequels linking into them, if the proposals aren't still being talked about.
Its still being talked about, I only added the 2 staff approval ones

Yes.

Sure.
Yes.
As before.

Poetic.
3gleebvcou341.png

I an fine with your evaluation but the only problem I have is power modification I think thats fine to add. Other than that this CRT can probably be closed as I already added the accepted ones and gonna add the rest of the accepted ones now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back