• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your only reason is its not upside down?
Yes, plus according to the third lab entry, a monster SOUL shouldn’t last outside of their body and are “attuned to their SOUL.”
tumblr_inline_os3crhJnft1tnlh39_500.png

Yes, plus according to the third lab entry, a monster SOUL shouldn’t last outside of their body and are “attuned to their SOUL.”
tumblr_inline_os3crhJnft1tnlh39_500.png
Mettaton isn't your conventional monster as he is made of both magic and metal. He is literally artificial. We don't really have statement saying he is a monster either.
Plus nothing indicates the core is even Mettaton's SOUL except for the fact that it's heart-shaped
Mettaton literally says let's have heart to heart

And I still couldn't find the statement you talk about. It only says that "Monster needs to defeat a human" which we already got over multiple times
Exactly, so Asriel just can't absorb Frisk's SOUL on the get go because the hax requries first to kill them.

Mettaton isn't your conventional monster as he is made of both magic and metal.
Mettaton is basically confirmed to be a Ghost monster that possesed the body Alphys created for him, so Mettaton's SOUL isn't one of a kind.
Mettaton literally says let's have heart to heart
And? It's a heart-shaped core meant to look like a human SOUL. Don't see how this proves that it's his SOUL.
Mettatons soul is not out side his body though? Thats my point, I dont think this is enough.
It flies around the arena and tries to electrocute Frisk. And since Mettaton fused with his body, that would count as his SOUL not being inside his body

Exactly, so Asriel just can't absorb Frisk's SOUL on the get go because the hax requries first to kill them.
Flowey is not a monster so no
Mettaton is basically confirmed to be a Ghost monster that possesed the body Alphys created for him, so Mettaton's SOUL isn't one of a kind.

And? It's a heart-shaped core meant to look like a human SOUL. Don't see how this proves that it's his SOUL.

It flies around the arena and tries to electrocute Frisk. And since Mettaton fused with his body, that would count as his SOUL not being inside his body
Idk tbh. So mettaton rips his own soul out?

I repeat. We already went over this. Then you said "can't absorb souls as powerful as the user". I wanted a source for that which I have yet to get.

Flowey is not a monster so that arguement is just not related
With this logic he wouldn't get the boost a monster would from the SOUL, which is false. Boost is the same, so method is the same too.

I know that not wanking Undertale is hard dude, but try do it for me, okay?

Actually since we consider Monsters to be the baseline when it comes to SOULs, humans needing to be defeated to be absorbed would probably count as Resistance

I know what Mettaton is. Catty and Bratty already foreshadow his nature. Btw if this was a counter to "We don't really have statement saying he is a monster either." they younare right.

But I never said Mettaton's SOUL is one of kind. Mettaton himself is one of kind due to being artificial (The closest thing is Mad Dummy who is still not the same). And we already have Frisk's soul reversed through artificial means (Yellow Mode). At the very least, this means having someone's soul upside down isn't something impossible.

But I never said Mettaton's SOUL is one of kind. Mettaton himself is one of kind due to being artificial (The closest thing is Mad Dummy who is still not the same). And we already have Frisk's soul reversed through artificial means (Yellow Mode). At the very least, this means having someone's soul upside down isn't something impossible.
Still the Check calling it a (probably tangible) core and the "Monster SOULs can't persist outside their bodies" thing still makes it dubious
Plus, I don't see how this would be explained if Yellow Mode lets you target the SOUL
Dont_you_know_1.gif

Still the Check calling it a (probably tangible) core and the "Monster SOULs can't persist outside their bodies" thing still makes it dubious
Plus, I don't see how this would be explained if Yellow Mode lets you target the SOUL
Dont_you_know_1.gif
You can’t even deal normal damage to mettatons base form so.

I don't think I really need to give an example given how "trained" automatically defaults to "above average".
Or you know average, i can still be trained and bê average.
And if you want an example of skill, then there is also Asgore who could casually dodge every attack from younger Undyne
Not really impressive, since Younger Undyne should't be above average in skill, since she is Younger, so basically asgore is just avoiding a child
But also don't remember festa from Undyne, so i'm neutral.
and has thousands of years of experience under his belt.
I trought that years of experience in this site don't count as evidence to skill, since we would need actual festa from that.
Even Undyne herself compares these two to each other just right before telling her story:
"You are both total weenies... sort off. [Launches the whole story about her not hitting Asgore]"
That's just looks like she is comparing they personality, not fighting skill.
The whole encounter system is a little more than an interface for the player. What is going on isn't limited to what we see. Undyne lifts boulders, Frisk struggles to break free from Muffet's web, there is a whole audiance watching Shyren and we don't see any of that.
While that's true, they don't show everything that's is actually happening, we also don't have any statements that proves the Monsters ARE trying to dodges our attacks, so kinda of a moot point.
The whole Sans fight, also kinda disproves that Ideia, since he show dodging our attacks and even commenting about:
"what? you think i'm gonna stand there and take it?" Implying before that, the monsters are just stading there and taking It.
Also, since the last attack are him puting you on a never ending turn, we can also imply that they are fighting by turn, so hitting a character that is not moving is a valid interpretation.

Following that logic, Frisk almost never missing monsters is more of them succeeding to hit each time rather than game mechanics or any lack of effort on the opponent's part.
Could still be lack of effort, but okay.

Limited necromancy suck ass here, since their power comes out of us, the Player.
Book and Flowey confirms that the source of Determination is the Player ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back