• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean the orbs being weakened by frisks glare is enough to show that is a weakness of the orbs more than anything
This part of the argument alone doesn't make sense. That's like saying "I am right because I am right." And again, that's one random weakness that has no proof. Why would anyone use that kind of orb, to begin with? That's stretching it.
frisk is capable of learning new things about an enemy in a relatively quick fashion and is capable of defeating enemies through this so like im not sure about the 'they wouldn't know' thing either.
More than often, Frisk just learns about the enemy's personality and they use it to pacify them. Such as laughing at Snowdrake's jokes, singing along Shyren, appealing to Glyde's ego etc. There is no other example like Madjick. They start the battle and "staring" is one of the first actions Frisk thinks of for some reason.
For the second thing, so your saying that frisk needs to specifically glare at an enemy to reduce their stats?
That's partially what I am saying. If something just got weakened by Frisk's gaze randomly instead of them specifically using this ability, then the whole action would be a waste of turn since orbs would be made useless the moment the fight starts. Now that I think about it, this further proof that "Stare" is more of Frisk's ability that they actively use.
saying that because they can do this with the orbs instantly means they can reduce the statistics in general is a stretch I feel.
No, you misunderstood me. Frisk can't reduce someone's statistics in general. I was just explaining for what reason I think your argument is wrong.
Why would we assume the stare works on magical items in general? we literally only see it used on
Madjick is the only monster who uses magical items. They are a wizard, mistake Frisk for one when they use a stick and there is also narration such as "Smells like magic." Any other monster who uses magic does so on their own.
He still hasn't answered me about the fact that it's been stated that monsters can only absorb humans' souls by killing them, which has never been contradicted.
First of all, Flowey isn't a monster. Secondly, the reason why monsters can't absorb human souls is the same reason why Flowey can't absorb monster souls prior to being Omega Flowey.
  • But extracting a SOUL from a living monster would require incredible power...
  • Besides being impractical, doing so would instantly destroy the SOUL's host.
It makes sense that the energy required to absorb Frisk's soul would be on an unprecented scale.
Soul absorption is NOT fine. Asriel never wanted to absorb Frisk in the first place.
Did you replay the game anytime recently? Asriel indeed wants to play with Frisk forever but he also mentions that to do so he will defeat Frisk and take the control of timeline. Absorbing Frisk's soul is in his best interests. He could just do that, reset the timeline, then return Frisk's soul.

Did you replay the game anytime recently? Asriel indeed wants to play with Frisk forever but he also mentions that to do so he will defeat Frisk and take the control of timeline. Absorbing Frisk's soul is in his best interests. He could just do that, reset the timeline, then return Frisk's soul.
Headcanon at its finest. Stop using the interpretation that will benefit your favourite verse the most in vs shit and use context instead.

Defeat means simply killing in context, how could he "play" with them if they're inside him?

Headcanon at its finest. Stop using the interpretation that will benefit your favourite verse the most in vs shit and use context instead
Downplay at its finest. Properly explain why I am wrong if you believe so instead of false accusations. Here is Asriel's quote:

• After I defeat you and gain total control over the timeline... I just want to reset everything. (Before Chaos Saber)
  • All your progress... Everyone's memories. I'll bring them all back to zero! (Before Shocker Breaker)

The first step of his plan is getting the control. Playing with Frisk comes later on.

Besides, my favorite verse is OPM and this CRT mainly affects Frisk, not the whole verse.
Defeat means simply killing in context
I know that? I didn't imply otherwise.
how could he "play" with them if they're inside him?
Did you read my argument? He can just release Frisk's soul later on. Asriel has already shown capability to return everybody's souls.

Properly explain why I am wrong if you believe so instead of false accusations. Here is Asriel's quote:

• After I defeat you and gain total control over the timeline... I just want to reset everything. (Before Chaos Saber)
  • All your progress... Everyone's memories. I'll bring them all back to zero! (Before Shocker Breaker)

The first step of his plan is getting the control. Playing with Frisk comes later on.
None of this says he plans to absorb them. It just means he planned to kill the over and over until their DT fails. He already had the power to reset everything with 6 humans SOULs + All monster SOULs, so why he needs Frisk's too?
Did you read my argument? He can just release Frisk's soul later on. Asriel has already shown capability to return everybody's souls.
Too bad nothing says he planned to absorb Frisk's SOUL.

First of all, Flowey isn't a monster. Secondly, the reason why monsters can't absorb human souls is the same reason why Flowey can't absorb monster souls prior to being Omega Flowey.
  • But extracting a SOUL from a living monster would require incredible power...
  • Besides being impractical, doing so would instantly destroy the SOUL's host.
It makes sense that the energy required to absorb Frisk's soul would be on an unprecented scale.
What changes Flowey from not being a monster is that he is able to absorb the souls of monsters. And I didn't understand the second part of the sentence, but Omega Flowey never absorbed the souls of monsters.

In addition to the method being different, with Alphys extracting the soul from the body of monsters and not absorbing it with everything together. Also, this seems more a trait of monsters than humans, considering it was never said about "absorbing a human's soul while they're alive". Of course, going into assumptions, considering that almost all humans are much stronger than monsters, it could also be possible that it takes a lot of power to absorb their souls while alive.

Furthermore, in your discussion with Strym, you argue that it was in Asriel's best interest to absorb Frisk's soul. So why does Asriel say that after defeating him he will do this? Exactly as written in the statement to only absorb the soul after defeating the human.

What changes Flowey from not being a monster is that he is able to absorb the souls of monsters. And I didn't understand the second part of the sentence, but Omega Flowey never absorbed the souls of monsters.

In addition to the method being different, with Alphys extracting the soul from the body of monsters and not absorbing it with everything together. Also, this seems more a trait of monsters than humans, considering it was never said about "absorbing a human's soul while they're alive". Of course, going into assumptions, considering that almost all humans are much stronger than monsters, it could also be possible that it takes a lot of power to absorb their souls while alive.

Furthermore, in your discussion with Strym, you argue that it was in Asriel's best interest to absorb Frisk's soul. So why does Asriel say that after defeating him he will do this? Exactly as written in the statement to only absorb the soul after defeating the human.
Flowey is not a monster because he has no soul Ig

Anyways I think the absorbtion can be a possibly or a likely because its kinda vague and depends on how you see the Asriel boss fight I guess

Anyways I think the absorbtion can be a possibly or a likely because its kinda vague and depends on how you see the Asriel boss fight I guess
No my guy. Flowey textbook says he wants to play with you forever, no ifs and buts.

If that goes through I'll make a CRT specifically to remove that.

No my guy. Flowey textbook says he wants to play with you forever, no ifs and buts.

If that goes through I'll make a CRT specifically to remove that.
Flowey is not the most reliable anyway. We also don't know how he wanted to "play" with us. Maybe he meant absorbing us destroying the entire cosmology then torturing us forever? If he only wanted to play why did he try to get control over the timeline by killing us until our DT is not enough to fight back against him? Its too vague my guy.

Flowey is not the most reliable anyway. We also don't know how he wanted to "play" with us. Maybe he meant absorbing us destroying the entire cosmology then torturing us forever? If he only wanted to play why did he try to get control over the timeline by killing us until our DT is not enough to fight back against him? Its too vague my guy.
We already saw how he planned to play, killing us over and over in the Photoshop Flowey fight.

Plus Flowey has NEVER absorbed someone with the intent to release them later, if he did in the Pacifist ending it was because of Frisk changing his mind, but not because of an idea of his.

Aura
Agreement: @LephyrTheRevanchist
Disagreement: @Crabwhale
Neutral:
Emphatic Manipulation
Disagreement:
Neutral: @Crabwhale (?)
Dream Manipulation
Agreement: @Crabwhale @LephyrTheRevanchist
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Statistics Reduction
Agreement:
Disagreement: @Crabwhale @LephyrTheRevanchist
Neutral:
Temperature Manipulation
Agreement:
Neutral:
Limited Necromancy
Agreement:
Disagreement:
Neutral: @Crabwhale @LephyrTheRevanchist
Limited Hacking
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Precognition
Disagreement:
Neutral: @Crabwhale
Dimensional Storage
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Weapon Mastery
Neutral:
Breath Attack
Neutral:
Immortality (Type 2)
Agreement:
Disagreement:
Enhanced Senses:
Agreement: @Crabwhale
Disagreement:
Neutral: @LephyrTheRevanchist
Cosmic Awareness
Agreement:
Power Modification
Disagreement:
Reactive Evolution
Agreement:
Non-Physical interaction and Durability Negation
Disagreement:
Self-Sustainence (Type 1)
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Likely Data Manipulation and Text Manipulation
Agreement:
Neutral:
Resistance to Heat Manipulation
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Resistance to Absorbtion and Soul Manipulation
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Stamina Addition
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Self-Sustainence (All-types) and Immortality (Type 1)
Disagreement:
Neutral:

Last edited:
None of this says he plans to absorb them. It just means he planned to kill the over and over until their DT fails
I never said he planned to absorb them. But the fact that he tries to make DT fail instead of just absorbing their soul is more than enough proof that he couldn't do it.
He already had the power to reset everything with 6 humans SOULs + All monster SOULs,
He didn't have that kind of power as his determination was matched by Frisk. That's why he tried to kill them beforehand. Or is this headcanon as well? It is already accepted by wiki.
Too bad nothing says he planned to absorb Frisk's SOUL.
You are just putting words to my mouth. I never said he planned it. But it is also blatantly shown that he couldn't. There would be nothing stopping him if he could.
Plus Flowey has NEVER absorbed someone with the intent to release them later
Weren't you talking about how Asriel just wants to play with Frisk? You can't show others as an example of why he wouldn't release Frisk later on. You are just nitpicking with no real argument at this point.
I didn't understand the second part of the sentence, but Omega Flowey never absorbed the souls of monsters.
What I call Omega Flowey is Flowey with 6 souls. He already takes all of them right before absorbing monster souls on the True Pacifist Route.
In addition to the method being different, with Alphys extracting the soul from the body of monsters and not absorbing it with everything together.
You realize that you need to extract the soul before absorbing it right? At least if we are talking about the soul of a living being. That's why the normal method is killing someone (essentially exposing their soul) as the other option isn't usually possible due to the immense energy it requires.
Also, this seems more a trait of monsters than humans, considering it was never said about "absorbing a human's soul while they're alive". Of course, going into assumptions, considering that almost all humans are much stronger than monsters, it could also be possible that it takes a lot of power to absorb their souls while alive.
The only main difference between a human soul and a monster soul is their strength. But they are generally much more similar than you think. For instance, monsters used to think monster souls are made of love and compassion but because humans don't need that, the very nature of souls is called into question. As you can see, they don't do a monster/human discrimination in the latter part despite talking about a different kind of soul altogether. It stands to reason that absorbing semeone's soul regardless of their race is a difficult task. Especially when both monsters and humans had a similar rule about how you need to defeat them before absorbing them only for the former to hold untrue.
So why does Asriel say that after defeating him he will do this?
He doesn't say something like that

I never said he planned to absorb them. But the fact that he tries to make DT fail instead of just absorbing their soul is more than enough proof that he couldn't do it.
He never tried to absorb them, so 0 proof of Frisk resisting that.
He didn't have that kind of power as his determination was matched by Frisk. That's why he tried to kill them beforehand. Or is this headcanon as well? It is already accepted by wiki.
You know that is a weakness of absorption, right? They can't absorb stuff if is not defeated in a fight. This ain't a feat for Frisk, but the other way around.

He never tried to absorb them, so 0 proof of Frisk resisting that.
If I remember correctly, somewhere above you were talking about how Asriel's AoE didn't absorb Frisk just because Asriel chose so. However not only does that make zero sense as it would mean Flowey didn't take an opportunity presented to him, it also means that Asriel should be conscious of such option at the very least. And yet, he still goes on and on about taking the control of timeline, killing Frisk etc.

If your arguments are to be believed, Asriel is just exceedingly stupid.
You know that is a weakness of absorption, right?
What are you talking about? Is this chewbacca defense?
They can't absorb stuff if is not defeated in a fight.
Who can't absorb stuff? If you are talking about Frisk, then I never said they tried to absorb something.

If you are talking about Flowey, then it is already proven false by himself. You supposedly need to defeat monsters as well just to take their soul. And yet, Flowey absorbed everyone's soul at once with no regard to this rule.

I already explained this above. The only reason why this is not more common practice is that it requires incredible energy. The energy most people can't afford.
This ain't a feat for Frisk, but the other way around.
You are speaking way too vaguely. What is not feat for Frisk? Matching Determination is a feat for both. Absorbing the whole Underground is a feat for Flowey. Resisting it is a feat for Frisk

Aura
Neutral:
Emphatic Manipulation
Disagreement:
Neutral: @Crabwhale (?)
Dream Manipulation
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Statistics Reduction
Agreement:
Neutral:
Temperature Manipulation
Agreement:
Neutral:
Limited Necromancy
Agreement:
Disagreement:
Limited Hacking
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Precognition
Disagreement:
Neutral: @Crabwhale
Dimensional Storage
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Weapon Mastery
Neutral:
Breath Attack
Neutral:
Immortality (Type 2)
Agreement:
Disagreement:
Enhanced Senses:
Disagreement:
Cosmic Awareness
Agreement:
Power Modification
Disagreement:
Reactive Evolution
Agreement:
Non-Physical interaction and Durability Negation
Disagreement:
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Likely Data Manipulation and Text Manipulation
Agreement:
Neutral:
Resistance to Heat Manipulation
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Resistance to Absorbtion and Soul Manipulation
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Stamina Addition
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Self-Sustainence (All-types) and Immortality (Type 1)
Disagreement:
Neutral:
Pretty sure Psychomaster35 agreed to all propositions.

If I remember correctly, somewhere above you were talking about how Asriel's AoE didn't absorb Frisk just because Asriel chose so. However not only does that make zero sense as it would mean Flowey didn't take an opportunity presented to him, it also means that Asriel should be conscious of such option at the very least. And yet, he still goes on and on about taking the control of timeline, killing Frisk etc.
Why would he absorb Frisk if he already has 7 SOULs at hand?
What are you talking about? Is this chewbacca defense?
No, it's how it's described. Monsters can absorb souls only if the human is defeated.
If you are talking about Flowey, then it is already proven false by himself. You supposedly need to defeat monsters as well just to take their soul. And yet, Flowey absorbed everyone's soul at once with no regard to this rule.
Because he massively overpowered them? He has 6 SOULs at the time lmao.
You are speaking way too vaguely. What is not feat for Frisk? Matching Determination is a feat for both. Absorbing the whole Underground is a feat for Flowey. Resisting it is a feat for Frisk
No, is a weakness right because the hax itself is ass.

Why would he absorb Frisk if he already has 7 SOULs at hand?
You know, I feel like you are purposefully ignoring my arguments at this point. This is just your previous argument worded differently. Then let me explain again. Asriel's determination was matchd and therefore, his 7 SOULs were enough. Just absorbing Frisk would easily end this whole ordeal.
No, it's how it's described. Monsters can absorb souls only if the human is defeated.
Ok but... The section you replied to wasn't even about that. That's why I called it chewbacca defense.

And besides, the same rule exists for monsters as well. But Flowey was strong enough to ignore it at the time. We are just going in cycles at this point.
Because he massively overpowered them? He has 6 SOULs at the time lmao.
Exactly! Or to be more precise, he had enough power to meet the required energy to absorb all those souls. This is literally what I am talking right below the paragraph you replied to.

And even then, Flowey couldn't do the same to Frisk.
No, is a weakness right because the hax itself is ass
The best argument in this wiki

You know, I feel like you are purposefully ignoring my arguments at this point. This is just your previous argument worded differentlt. Then let me explain again. Asriel's determination was matchd and therefore, his 7 SOULs were enough. Just absorbing Frisk would easily end this whole ordeal.
Because the absorption can't absorb beings as powerful as the user. They need to be defeated ans weakened 1st.
And even then, Flowey couldn't do the same to Frisk.
Or maybe he didn't want to.
The best argument in this wiki
Thank you, I know that being based is hard.

If they can use it to fight against trained soldiers, that should count for something.
Not really impressive, since you don't giving a example of how good these soldies are, saying "trained" don't means nothing, we need festa.
Even someone like Undyne doesn't say anything about Frisk's usage of weapons while mocking them for other minor things (Such as being bad at jumping).
You're reaching now, Undyne not mocking Frisk for they usage of weapons can't be use as evidence If they are bad or good at weanpory by a number of reasos, include she just not insult him because she din't think about.
I'm not even sure why you being Undyne as an example.
And to use things like revolver (it has multiple bars and getting criticsl is really hard),
I guess, but he still hitting something that don't Dodge, i really don't see how that's impressive.
you would need some skill. Even when you get yellow flag in the ball game, it talks about "Frisk's sure fire accuracy" which is blatant reference to the gun they get later on.
No really, is just show how good is he accurancy(trowing a snow Ball on a hole🗿) don't mean how skilled they are at using.

Being capable of doing that is a form of emphatic manipulation though?
No, it's being a decent person to a trauma victim that just got the capacity to feel emotion back after who knows how many years stuck as a flower through multiple timelines. OF COURSE Asriel's going to feel overwhelmed. Are we boutta give Frisk emp manip for making Flowey have a breakdown through Mercy as well?
I will copy-paste my answer above:

There is no evidence that orbs have that kind of weakness. It would be too random, to begin with. And if they had such a weakness, Frisk would have no idea about that. It makes more sense that Frisk is actively using a power.
It makes perfect sense to me. Plenty of monsters have quirks and weaknesses that are rather random. Extremely random, even. So much so that I don't think it can even be used as an argument here. And Frisk has no idea about plenty of said weaknesses, either.
Because Frisk doesn't glare at Madjick nir at any other enemy. They don't use many of their other abilities as well. And why would "Stare" reduce an enemy's stats when it only works on magical items?
This moreso provides reason on why this isn't an ability. If Frisk does have it, WHY do they not use it on anyone else. Stat reduction in a game that's super hyper about stats sounds incredibly useful. Furthermore, even in the fight where it is relevant, why do they use ONLY on the orbs? Not Madjick himself?
Let me see you instantly cool down something hundreds of degrees by blowing on it. And about thermostat thing:
Provide scans on them cooling down Pyrope by hundreds of degrees, or that the temperature even got that hot. And if you mention them being able to cancel the effect of Get Hot with it, that's obviously game mechanics resetting the counter. Pyrope could just as well be acting like a little bitch over a little cold breath, which frankly, is in-character enough for me to consider it true.
There is no "thermostat", to begin with. It is only used metaphorically. Otherwise, it wouldn't fit context considering thermostat is only used to measure temperature, not to change it.
Bruh, that is LITERALLY what a thermostat is for. You're confusing it for a thermometer.

a device that keeps a building, engine, etc. within a limited temperature range by automatically switching the supply of heat on and off
-Cambridge English dictionary

Also, literally every single ACT Frisk performs is entirely literal unless specifically pointed out otherwise. This is the case for most monsters.
Besides, "Heat Up" is already accepted in Frisk's profile (techniques section). We just need to add the corresponding ability.
Then it's a bad addition and needs to be removed.
You don't need to be master to have "weapons mastery." It is just having greater skill than avarage.
A definition that does irk me, but nonetheless let's see what you've got.
If they can use it to fight against trained soldiers, that should count for something. Even someone like Undyne doesn't say anything about Frisk's usage of weapons while mocking them for other minor things (Such as being bad at jumping).
So your whole reason for adding an ability is...an omission of it being mentioned? How is this in any way acceptable lol
And to use things like revolver (it has multiple bars and getting criticsl is really hard), you would need some skill.
Any skill more than the average human? What, to use a pan in battle? An empty gun? A stick? Why are you insisting on using game mechanics to verify the literally unverifiable?
Even when you get yellow flag in the ball game, it talks about "Frisk's sure fire accuracy" which is blatant reference to the gun they get later on.
So your accuracy in a ball game is supposed to translate with your accuracy in real weapon fights?
You could only say that about red marks but that's about it. The context still fits precognition.
No it does not. Aim dodging means literally nothing, and a lot of the attacks you get informed about only hint vaguely to what they are, with the exception of Asriel, who tells you exactly what he's going to use because he probably has access to your textboxes by now.
Except in this case "the world" is referring to the game itself which has 2-B cosmology. The timeline already got destroyed earlier in the battle and this narration comes later on.
Timeline, multiverse, doesn't really matter. You don't need enhanced senses to understand that the entirety of existence is being ripped apart by a mad god.
And why would you just discard it as a gag scene when there is nothing it contradicts? A gag scene would be Frisk failing to destroy a tomato when they have multiple superhuman showings.
A gag scene is a scene in which the humor takes precedence over much of everything else, and you'll notice that UT has a lot of these. Excuse me if I think Blookie and Frisk tripping out and seeing the cosmos was supposed to be taken as a joke, and thus provides no serious rating whatsoever in any instance.
The shown abilities are way too conveninent for given situations. And these abilities aren't shown anywhere else when they could have been helpful even if it was to a lesser degree.
Brother, in every fight Frisk undertakes they have access to several different ACTs. These, I assume, were understood by everyone to be based on the appearance of monsters and what Frisk thinks of them. They don't develop new abilities, they don't gain new resistances and they certainly do not gain stat boosts willy-nilly. You are stretching the definition of reactive evolution incredibly paper thin.
Against Asriel, they develop "Save" act mid-may through the fight.
That was a natural progression of their power achieved through gigantic amounts of determination. We don't give reactive evo just for thinking up of new ways to use powers.
Even if we discounted the possiblity that Mysteryman is Gaster, he is still shown to be somewhat incorporeal and Frisk can still interact with him if they choose so.
Frisk literally PASSES THROUGH HIM. That is the definition of not having NCI. Gaster just gets surprised at being approached and dips.
I am pretty you don't refer to "Self-Sustainence" here so I will skip it.
I in fact did not.
The Player is actively controlling the main character's body. "Legends of Localization" states that there are three such entities, presumably the player, Chara and Frisk themselves. And yet, there are multiple instances of Frisk refusing an order, intensifying as you get closer to True Pacifist Ending. Then Frisk breaks completely free at the end.
Right, well. That seems fine-ish.
It regenerates Frisk's HP above maximum. How does that make no sense?
My apologies, I didn't remember that part of the game.

Last edited:
Anyway, that'll be my last bout of evaluation for this thread. Old bones and whatnot, cannot handle many text walls like in my youth. Goodbye.

going-morb.gif

This CRT is ridiculously big, and I'm not as knowledgeable on the verse so others have likely written better responses to some of these additions, so I'll just focus on this:
  • Weapon Mastery: Frisk has a ton of weapons
This isn't a good justification for Weapon Mastery. I know that we have almost little to no standards for this ability, but just having access to a bunch of weapons doesn't cut it. It doesn't help that from what we're shown, Frisk doesn't really seem to wield them effectively either, and it doesn't help that some of them don't even do damage or are just toys. Though you could give Frisk Martial Arts with some of these weapons, since items like the Tough Glove let's them land a few punches on someone like Undyne.

Because the absorption can't absorb beings as powerful as the user. They need to be defeated and weakened 1st.
Headcanon at its finest. This kind of thing is never stated.
Or maybe he didn't want to
Which is extremely detrimental to his aim and goes against it. If you are making this argument, it means not even you believe your previous point.
Not really impressive, since you don't giving a example of how good these soldies are, saying "trained" don't means nothing, we need festa.
I don't think I really need to give an example given how "trained" automatically defaults to "above average". And if you want an example of skill, then there is also Asgore who could casually dodge every attack from younger Undyne and has thousands of years of experience under his belt. Even Undyne herself compares these two to each other just right before telling her story:

"You are both total weenies... sort off. [Launches the whole story about her not hitting Asgore]"

You're reaching now, Undyne not mocking Frisk for they usage of weapons can't be use as evidence If they are bad or good at weanpory by a number of reasos, include she just not insult him because she din't think about.
I'm not even sure why you being Undyne as an example.
I admit that it was a rather weak argument. But my main point is that no one ever talks about their usage of weapons, which would be weird if they were bad at it. This should indicate at least some level of proficiency. And yes, it is real possiblity that Undyne didn't think about mocking Frisk using this a point. Even so, it is would be weird as well given how she took a jab at them at the every other opportunity. "I thought humans are compassionate", "I thought humans are cool", "And let's not forget your wimpy goody-two-shoes-shtick!"

Disregard this argument if you want as I am aware that this can be seen as stretching it.
I guess, but he still hitting something that don't Dodge, i really don't see how that's impressive
The whole encounter system is a little more than an interface for the player. What is going on isn't limited to what we see. Undyne lifts boulders, Frisk struggles to break free from Muffet's web, there is a whole audiance watching Shyren and we don't see any of that. Following that logic, Frisk almost never missing monsters is more of them succeeding to hit each time rather than game mechanics or any lack of effort on the opponent's part.
Anyway, that'll be my last bout of evaluation for this thread. Old bones and whatnot, cannot handle many text walls like in my youth. Goodbye
How am I supposed to write a counter when you act like that?

This moreso provides reason on why this isn't an ability. If Frisk does have it, WHY do they not use it on anyone else. Stat reduction in a game that's super hyper about stats sounds incredibly useful. Furthermore, even in the fight where it is relevant, why do they use ONLY on the orbs? Not Madjick himself?
Tbh that cannot be used as you can say the same thing about a lot of other verses (Ex: Henry Stickmin)

Agree on the mettaon proof
Don't think he saw these tho
Don't think we can give Frisk NPI since Mettaton's "SOUL" is actually just his power core and we can't really say that mysteryman is Gaster, Gaster even being non existant isn't exactly confirmed either
It can't be his SOUL, monster SOULs are naturally upside down, as seen here;
tumblr_inline_oa43zfH3an1tnlh39_500.png

Mettaton's core being akin to a human SOUL is probably due to his desire for a human-like body.
Dear Diary: She surpised me with something today.
Sketches of a body that she wants to create for me…
A form beyond my wildest fantasies.
In a form like that, I could finally feel like… “myself.”
God, have you even looked around? This place is a labyrinth of bad choices.
And every time we try to change something for the better, he vetoes it and says “that’s not how they do it on the surface.”
Oh! Right!
Humans are always eating hamburgers made of SEQUINS AND GLUE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back