• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai Discussion Thread 21

Which he didn't raise his hand like a polite preschooler to summon like was in that scan you provided because he was preoccupied with this series's version of one piece's monster trio

...tell me y would he be surprised man. Damage he literally saw when Mel left the spirit world. Your reason for him not expecting Mel holds no weight

i need MS translations.. and even so.. every lightning dropping right now is natural... why are we assuming this one isnt?

@Zezu1995; well, the storm's aren't exactly forming for natural reasons in the first place. They're happening in response to massive levels of magic power in the area.

@BurlapJack; I stated that all he saw at first was the lightning being reflected, then in the very next panel he's being hit by a slash, seemingly surprised by it. It's possible he just didn't see Meliodas until right after that.

Either way, if we go with this being Meliodas not deflecting a magic attack, then the best you could get out of this is that Meliodas now has Lightning Reflection.

I've never heard the argument ever. DB characters have caused storms and we know for fact that does lightning bolts in the sky aren Ki based ƒÿæ I don't like this argument at all

And I would be a OK with that considering literally every anime character/ potential combatant ever has lightning powers at some point so still a slight upgrade

yes damage the natural things are being caused by power... but the bolts aint lightning THATS THE POINT... so it still counts lol

It's natural, just that we need to seem him counter something else that is natural. If the series ends without that then I guess it's either outlier or can be counted. Or it's all according to keikaku for DK

forgot to write full counter? do we even need him to do that anymore? the way i see it.. if mel reflects something ill auto think FC... look at tiwgos air slash not even sure if that was magic but it got full countered

another dumb downgrade post , anywho lock that till this damn manga is finished we keep doing this and then chapters come out and we change them

question what is meliodas doing not using his DK form? is nabaka teasing another transformation for the DK?

It's because he doesn't want to hurt Zeldris's body i think. Which is laughable as he can still use the form and hold back enough to beat the shit out of the DK without killing him.

So... has there been any new evidence in this fight to suggest that the Demon King can actually use the abilities of his Commandments in a fight? Because they appear to be conspicuously absent to me.

Damage3245 said:
So... has there been any new evidence in this fight to suggest that the Demon King can actually use the abilities of his Commandments in a fight? Because they appear to be conspicuously absent to me.
The commandment of love didn't activate, which was a passive ability iirc. Not even on ban

The DK should logically be able to use the commandments since they are fractions of his own power . The abilities displayed by 4C Mael instead are probably exclusive to him since in one panel you can see the typical ark particles around lightball of love, which could mean he created them by combining light and darkness.

Logically, perhaps. But based on feats it seems like he can't use them.

@HyperZero95; possibly, or the fractions of the Demon King's power that he removed from himself only exhibit unique abilities when separate from him.

When they are integrated back into him, perhaps it just gives him a power boost back to his original level of power.

Damage3245 said:
@HyperZero95; possibly, or the fractions of the Demon King's power that he removed from himself only exhibit unique abilities when separate from him.

When they are integrated back into him, perhaps it just gives him a power boost back to his original level of power.
Still it means dk can't use sny commandments hax

@1997KD; exactly. Once the manga is over, is the DK never shows any of the abilities, I'll make a CRT to discuss removing them from his profile.

When Mael had the commandments in him the commandments didn't behave like their original counterparts. Mael was using new abilities with them and their original effects were not activating.

I assume a similar thing with the DK.

guys MS is out and its real lightning but i know why it targeted liz its her curse .. butt he lightnign isnt magic thats all tho

That's an inconsistency from author, or meliods "reflect" it instead of full counter. Since FC described as able to reflect magic only

Damage3245 said:
@1997KD; exactly. Once the manga is over, is the DK never shows any of the abilities, I'll make a CRT to discuss removing them from his profile.

The abilities can stay with a note since he is the one who created and gave them away.

Diane can fight the demon king now and Near Noon Escanor is equal with Ban and King, so yeah... scaling still sux

So... same sh*t as always

The abilities can stay with a note since he is the one who created and gave them away.

The commandment change depends on who hold him, Ban lose his power against esta because he have hatred in his heart, but same ban can fight against both dk while they have all commandments

Zezu1995 said:
oh right... the speed upgrade cant we make escaor/etc sub rel and keep rel for just mel/dk?
Wait till manga end because scaling is more ****** up then the manga itself

Back