• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai Discussion Thread 14

with noon goes away escanor goes back to his true PL which is like 5-10 iirc.. so mael would just be his true PL which we dont know but hey maybe he can use some hax to create daylight to reverse true night

Scan are out. Ludo can fight Sinner without a vessel lol, Mael got his grace back, next chapter is Mael vs Zel.

What an anticlimactic end for our man Escanor.

RIP.

Well it seems to only be a loan of Sunshine so it's probably ok for Escanor for now. And even so, I don't see how Escanor losing Sunshine = end of the character lol

And Ludo is obviously stronger without a vessel (Cusack talked about the limitations of his vessel during their fight iirc), he's just going to disappear rather soon.

(Did Mael just dispelled True Night?)

Okay at this point I think we can all agree that the Original Demon is a huge disappointment right? Seriously he had a feat that was better than The One Escanor and many people thought his power level was in the 300k+ since he's a fusion of a 168k and 173k. Now it turns out he's not that much stronger than True Form Ludoshel unless he uses his magic Crisis. And he might not even be stronger than Zeldris at night.

Also towards the end of this chapter even before Mael arrived Zeldris already had his 2nd demon mark activated. So it seems like King's First Form Chastiefol actually required Zeldris to use both God and 2nd Demon Mark on top of the night time amp to take on.

Finally next chapter is Mael vs Zeldris. So if Mael defeats Zeldris next chapter than that would mean Afternoon Mael is comparable to The One Escanor. Which means we definitely need to revise a bunch of scaling when the manga ends.

He wasn't using the 2nd Demon Mark at the start of the chapter or in the previous chapters. So it seems like he just started to use it offscreen against first form Chastiefol this chapter.

Actually i looked back at chapter 295 and at the start he had the 2nd DM, but then he changed to the 1st one for some reason.

HyperZero95 said:
Actually i looked back at chapter 295 and at the start he had the 2nd DM, but then he changed to the 1st one for some reason.
I checked the chapter. Zeldris never had the 2nd demon mark (the full circle one) activated. He only had his normal demon mark (the swirl one) on in chapter 295. Though it seemed to be drawn upside down in one of the panels.

Now I'm dying for a translation already. I know this is the end of Escanor for good. But I'm legit looking forward to seeing Mael fight.

Was that Cruel Sun at the end of the chapter?

Yep Mael's Cruel Sun. Also here's FKS' summary on the chapter.

- Mael never expected to meet someone who was once his enemy. He supposes this is the fate brought by his grace. Escanor recognizes him as Estarossa… no, as Mael.

- Diane notes how badly beaten up he is, and he apologizes for being useless and embarrassing. Elizaeth heals him.

- Mael says Escanor got blown away and got caught by him, adding King saw it all. The Fairy notes that Camelot's in a miserable state.

- Escanor recalls Merlin and the cocoon, and tells Mael he heard from his brother about his Sunshine being the grace.

- He wants to return the grace to him. Mael however says he can't accept it as he was ainted in darkness, causing it to ignore him and choose Escanor as its host after ages. He adds he has no right to host it.

- Escanor tells him he doesn't have enough lifespan to withstand Sunshine, that without it, victory over Demons is not possible. He adds they have little time, that if it isn't done quickly, the point of no return will be reached. He then says if Mael doesn't ant to accept it, Escanor will lend it to him. He tells him to protect the people he holds dear.

- The fight between Ludociel and the sinner continues, and Merlin needs ten more minutes to complete the spell and hopes Meliodas doesn't wake up.

- Ludociel uses Lightning Spree, which roasts the Demon quite a bit. Hendrickson notes that he managed to injury the beasts where Escanor couldn't.

- The sinner then uses Hellblaze Omega, which Ludociel bloww up. The Archangel then uses Sparking Drive on him. Another Helllaze Omega from the sinner, which somehow works this time. Ludociel notes that the technique's power rose, and proceeds to wipe the Demon's smile off his face.

- A third Hellblaze Omega which blows Ludociel, knocking Merlin over.

- The Archangel finds it odd as the Demon's damages should have accumulated, yet his magic output increases. He then notices something about the sinner: the Original Demon is actually decaying, it isn't due to the damages he took. Merlin says another of his attacks will be very dangerous.

- The sinner says the more his life gets eroded, the more powerful his power gets. He calls it Crisis.

- He then says he'll gladly give his life if it's for the birth of the new Demon King.

- A ray of light pierces the clouds that the Sinner created. It is Mael's doing. That's right, he arrived at Camelot, and it isn't just him.

- Zeldris smiles about the return of Estarossa, no, of Mael. The Archangel is seen holding a rather big sun.

Title of next chapter: Mael vs. Zeldris.

o mael got his grace back and ludo in full power can indeed fight the sinner and injure him multiple times soo tarmeil and sariel are alot stronger than we thought seeing how their large island -small country feat was made while they were weak smh .. thats crazy but speaking of that how would we do this vessel-true body power thing? 1/3 or half of their power? im guessing

who cares... when ludo told the induras he was gonna use full power we finally get to see it now.. i wanna see that more cuz ludo has been a downer

First it was Meliodas that messed up the powerscaling due to the Post-Revival Meliodas no longer being Prime Meliodas retcon. Now it's Ludoshel who is messing up the powerscaling due to his true form being that much stronger than his vessel.

how is that messing up tho? we been knew their vessel couldnt use their true power why are people surprised? even sariel and tarmeil could trade blows with mael when he gained back his memories easily ... but anyways can we confirm that mael has a day version of true night?

It makes sense that his true form was that strong. We should have made a note that true forms would mess up the scaling in the future.

I gotta say Mael is probably my favorite character besides Ban. Also the guy just completely over powered Night time. The sky is pure light lol. I wonder if Mae has his own version of Night time which could make sense cause Escanor could save sunshine so it would make sense that Mael had a very advanced version of that by just using something like night time

so... why tf is sinner not using full counter.. shouldnt he have all the hax chandler does? maybe he dont need it seeing how crisis needs damage to grow stronger

We know they were stronger but by this much? This would mean Induras, Prime Demon Mark Meliodas, Elizabeth, 4C Mael, and a whole bunch of other characters are stronger than The Original Demon who has a better feat than The One Escanor. This causes a lot of problems in the scaling.

maybe u guys should've waited idk why u did the whole scaling thing so fast lol also can we at least wait till the sinner is defeated? jeez he hasnt really done anything yet

Well people wanted the verse to be revised since all the calcs and stuff were outdated so we did. Now it seems like we're going to need to revise the high to top tiers of the verse once the manga is over.

Back