• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony FiM Revision Thread (Warning: Season 9 Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kriskirby said:
Something insignificant but interesting nonetheless.
Discord converses with Tirek saying "How about pathetic Centaur, who uses magic to compensate for the fact that deep down, he's afraid that he'll never be enough to please dear old dad; King Vorak"

King Vorak being a character that only ever appears/is mentioned in the comics. Doesn't change anything, just a neat little detail.
^ This and WoG regarding the comics' canonicity is why I think the comic feats should be accepted, though that'd probably never happen.

I mean, maybe? It's merely just a reference of his name though, as it means he too exists in the show's canon too instead of just the comics, but I'm unsure. I'm not too knowledgeable over the comics surprisingly.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
The comics have referenced a grand deal events that only happened in the show before...
Also yeah the Legends of Magic comics were supposed to be explicitly canon to the Show . Not sure if that's accepted by the majority though.
How can a set of comics explicitly canon to the show not be canon? I know most of the comics are more dubious, but this specific set is explicitly part of the shows canon. I'm 90% certain I remember it got brought up in a thread and got rejected for whatever reason.

GokuSparkle said:
In this video at 0:55, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl3Qbei85BU&list=PLVdeWzTNNQQiQubt0lT26j9Xk3UjuS1pC&index=2&t=0s

In this video at 1:08 it is implied. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9jF985uYb4&list=PLVdeWzTNNQQiQubt0lT26j9Xk3UjuS1pC&index=5

In this video at 1:36 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHE4_Ob2eYs&list=PLVdeWzTNNQQiQubt0lT26j9Xk3UjuS1pC&index=11

These are all examples of Tirek growing in size without changing form. Anyways, didn't we agree that Chrysalis in Base was about equal to Tirek, meaning Tirek in the beginning of the episode couldn't have been nearly third form level? Speaking of, that scaling doesn't really make sense. How is 2 characters who are 1/6th 4-C make someone who is confident in taking on the alicorn princesses?
Is someone gonna address this?

First video: That's not him growing in his second major form. I don't care if he grows bigger in other forms like his first appearance, but my point was focused soley on his second form not growing in size despite clearly getting stronger.

Second video: It's not really implied and he looks exactly the same in later scenes. Beyond glowing, there's nothing implying it, and contradicted by what we see later.

Third video: See point one.

Fourthly, they are probably much higher into the tier than just 1/6th. Remember, the Unicorns who helped him are baseline Low 4-C at the absolute best, which means Starswirl had to be contributing much more than 1/6th 4-C to move the Sun with them. He's the only one who could withstand the process, so he's clearly above them.

I agree that the Legends of Magic series is canon, the comics were made specially to develop the 6 pillars' story (pretty much like the comics about the mlp movie were to the theather release), and it's completely tied up to season 7 and PoS arc, since it was released a month or 2 before season 7 finale.

Only the fight between the Dazzlings and the Pillars, but in all fairness, Shadow Play retconned the original fight as well from Rainbow Rocks too.

@Lightbuster30

"Anyways, didn't we agree that Chrysalis in Base was about equal to Tirek, meaning Tirek in the beginning of the episode couldn't have been nearly third form level?" There's still this point.

GokuSparkle said:
@Lightbuster30
"Anyways, didn't we agree that Chrysalis in Base was about equal to Tirek, meaning Tirek in the beginning of the episode couldn't have been nearly third form level?" There's still this point.
Then maybe Chrysalis was simply that powerful? Not sure how being comparable to a Tirek on the verge of his third form means he's not on the verge of his third form. It just makes her that powerful.

Sorry. I mean the PoH using them to take over other realities, with infinite power.

"They have infinite power for destruction."

"Then I'll overrun every reality and make it as empty and corrupted as mine."

The "overrun" part in combination with it referring to destruction refers to the destruction he's going to do per reality, not ruling them with an iron fist. He should also be far superior to Starswirl... who... has an interesting feat that was confused for hax when it actually was done using his own magic [similar to how we formerly treated the Sun moving for Celestia].

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
The "overrun" part in combination with it referring to destruction refers to the destruction he's going to do per reality, not ruling them with an iron fist. He should also be far superior to Starswirl... who... has an interesting feat that was confused for hax when it actually was done using his own magic [similar to how we formerly treated the Sun moving for Celestia].
What was it?

Firestorm808 said:
Sorry. I mean the PoH using them to take over other realities, with infinite power.
"They have infinite power for destruction."

"Then I'll overrun every reality and make it as empty and corrupted as mine."
"Infinite power for destruction" Supports 3-A and above, and that same comic series I believe says Celestia and Luna have the power to alter reality.

It was the portal feat.. estroying the portals was slowly merging the worlds. However, I'm unsure if that would reallly be accepted.... Especially when:

• One: I'm pretty sure it isn't even in Legends of Magic.
  • Two: We've seen him having difficulty doing one in the canon and in Legends of Magic
  • Three: No mention of AUs other than EqG in the Show.. ever.
So the feat would very likely get nulled.

At the moment, Celestia and Luna are already accepted as High 4-C.

I don't think the comics changed anything.

Overrunning a reality and destroying everything in it doesn't seem like 3-A, especially when everything seems to just mean the planet.

@Light... Is this referring to Unicorns variants or Alicorn Variants ? Because the Unicorns are still referred to being Royals too... Because if this is the case that would be a massive plus in favor of this.

"Reality" to me is as fluid a term as "World" is. It can mean anything from the planet they are standing on to the universe at large, perhaps the AUs (epsecially the Equestria Girls) which may even be their own seperate "worlds". It would be better for us to really find and define what "reality" is regarding MLP because this sort of question has been bugging me throughout this whole "possibly 3-A" business..

Lightbuster30 said:
Ridiculous. MLP in the comics and show have constantly used reality as a synonym to Universe. Hell, both the LoM comic series and episode 25 do exactly that. I swear, MLPs feats get treated with way more pedantry than it deserves.
If that's what you say then sure.

In any case, we seem to be crossing the bounds between the general comics and the show again.

Only because this specific set of comics not only directly ties into season 7, but is explicitly stated to tie into season 7 word for word by the people in charge.

Firestorm808 said:
In any case, we seem to be crossing the bounds between the general comics and the show again.
I mean the comics do contain information that is rather essential to our discussion, so ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬».

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back