• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony FiM Revision Thread (Warning: Season 9 Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firestorm808 said:
If you can link the statement, it would be very helpful.
The statement got brought up 2 years ago on the wiki. It's buried under piles of threads related to MLP. It'll take me some time to find it, but I absolutely remember the statement getting brought up..

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
The only reason it was denied really besides the canonicity questionability was because the majority thought of it as a pure outlier honestly.
I don't remember that being the reason.

Hmmm... Fair enough. I only remember a few things about the thread
Also... About the statements... Are they referring to Unicorn Royal Sisters or Alicorn Royal Sisters.
???

.... Okay fair enough. Because one of the scans stated they were the strongest 'Unicorns' and I got very confused on the timeline of the events.

Now with that settled we need to know the difference between Filly Alicorns & Fully Matured Alicorns.

.... Okay fair enough. Because one of the scans stated they were the strongest 'Unicorns' and I got very confused on the timeline of the events.
Now with that settled we need to know the difference between Filly Alicorns & Fully Matured Alicorns.
He said they were stronger than any Unicorn he's met.

I understand that now.

About the 2nd thing I said... Not sure if we have anyway of finding that out... Because it's either [In My Opinion] we use the average level of a filly in comparison to their fully developed pegasi/earth [sans Rainbow whose an anomaly] pony as a lowball of the difference,or use Twilight's ascension to Alicornhood. Not sure which yields better results.

I redirected the Grogar page to Discord.

Also, why is nobody following my previous repeated instructions? I cannot handle all of the staff work in this wiki, and we need confirmations regarding whether or not "Possibly 3-A" is acceptable, or if we have far too limited evidence.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, a casual reference to Tirek's father is not remotely enough to consider all of the events of "Legends of Magic" canon, without further confirmation, but you are still free to create additional MLP profiles for the comicbook continuity.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, a casual reference to Tirek's father is not remotely enough to consider all of the events of "Legends of Magic" canon, without further confirmation, but you are still free to create additional MLP profiles for the comicbook continuity.
Insofar as "Legends of Magic" is concerned, LoM is being argued as canon for being stated both by staff members and in descriptions of this series to be linked with Season 7.

@Antvasima

Sorry. We are still working on the evidence before getting staff approval.

I would be very uncomfortable with using the repeatedly contradicted comicbook series to scale to the cartoon. We have already talked about this extensively previously, and the suggestion has been very firmly rejected. You will finally have to accept that and move on.

I do not want to have to endure another war of attrition against me in this regard, as I am already spending 12 to 14 hours every day trying to make sure that this wiki functions properly. It will inevitably simply eventually make me lose my patience due to mental strain from managing too many tasks at once.

If you hunger for increased statistics so much, you will need to create additional profiles for the comicbook continuity, which shouldn't really make much of a difference.

I agree that the comics should be a separate key/profile.

Even after looking at the presented comic panels for Celestia and Luna, they don't really suggest anything beyond the accepted High 4-C. Altering reality isn't supported in the show for them.

In regards to Discord and his Chaos Magic, I'm fine with him as High 4-C, possibly higher.

Thank you for being reasonable. I am undecided regarding whether or not "Possibly 3-A" is warranted for Discord. More staff input is required.

The Comic book versions are a separate continuity, we shouldn't cross scale. Also, I thought DarkAnine said on another thread that they're different continuities. However, the comic book versions could have their own profiles.

As a heads up, I was able to watch every single episode even though there's technically still like 5 episodes yet to be officially released. But Watch Cartoon Online released the episodes fast.

Thank you for helping out Medeus.

I am still gonna maintain my stance on "Possibly 3-A" since even without the comics it's what we agreed on in the first place. Also I think it is about time we get at least one more staff input from here on out since the revisions will take more time and in consideration for Ant's workload.

Other than the statements, the only other thing to scale Discord to Tier 3/2 could be Midnight Sparkle about to destroy both the human and pony worlds.

Since the discussion has moved, should I close this thread?

I will close this one out. Edit: I was told Lightbuster30 had something to say, so I reopened it.

Okay. By the way, did others get the impression that Applejack and Rainbow Dash had become a couple in the final episode?

It's not very clear. It depends how you interpret the conversation of Rainbow Dash offering to help with chores. It doesn't appear that the two are living together, either.

I did get the impression that they were living together, but maybe I misunderstood.

Lightbuster30 said:
Then maybe Chrysalis was simply that powerful? Not sure how being comparable to a Tirek on the verge of his third form means he's not on the verge of his third form. It just makes her that powerful.
I mean, since he can grow while in his third form, isn't it weird that he grew the same amount from both Chrysalis and a few earth ponies?

Firestorm808 said:
At the moment, Celestia and Luna are already accepted as High 4-C.
I don't think the comics changed anything.

Overrunning a reality and destroying everything in it doesn't seem like 3-A, especially when everything seems to just mean the planet.
Were they? They're still At least 4-C on their profiles.

No offense, but that sounds ridiculous. You do realize that this means Chrysalis, the same Bug-Pony who fought a clone of season 8 Twilight without losing instantly; and by extension Twilight, is only marginally stronger than a common Earth Pony? As I've said, his forms can vary in strength. He didn't change in appearance even after absorbing the Royal Guard, and Shining Armor.

Lightbuster30 said:
No offense, but that sounds ridiculous. You do realize that this means Chrysalis, the same Bug-Pony who fought a clone of season 8 Twilight without losing instantly; and by extension Twilight, is only marginally stronger than a common Earth Pony? As I've said, his forms can vary in strength. He didn't change in appearance even after absorbing the Royal Guard, and Shining Armor.
I know. I guess I should just come out on say what's on my mind. I think the Tirek size thing is very inconsistent, even with whole forms, and I'm not sure if that can necessarily always be a concrete argument for how strong he is at any given time.

Since we're talking about 3-A on another thread: Tell me why Legends of Magic isn't canon again? I want to get something clear right now: I'm not discussing the entire IDW comic series as a whole, just this specific set that goes by "Legends of Magic".

This set of comics is explicitly stated to tie into the Season 7 finale. This set of comics is literally part of Season 7. Any arguments of "Oh but the comic book series is a separate continuity." is, quite frankly, a load of nonsense. It goes entirely against how these comics relate to Season 7. I could give two ***** about the fact that literally every comic book series is a separate continuity from My Little Pony. This one is not treated in the same manner. Whatever beef anyone has with the other My Little Pony comics being separate continuities from the show does not apply to Legends of Magic.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/04/my-little-pony-legends-of-magic-1.html

"Bullet points ┬À Ties into new season of My Little Pony!
┬À The magic of My Little Pony continues with a brand-new ongoing series!
┬À From seasoned MLP writer Jeremy Whitley, creator of Princeless, and writer on Marvel's The Unstoppable Wasp!"

Just like everyone's been saying, they are a part of season 7. They are not a seperate, standalone, continuity like the rest of the comics. I recall one tweet when they first came out that someone working on the comics said that they tied into Season 7 as well, but I'd have to dig to find that one.

More proof can be found regarding their connection to Season 7. Guess how the Season finale kicks off? With Sunburst finding Starswirls journal. And where did we last see said journal? On a train ride. https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JLbEY2W7...MBcSJjQIFbiMOvTBP2CiQACHMYCw/s1600/RCO022.jpg Now what does Sunburst find at the end of the comic? And what location does he find it in? Do I really have to say more here? The implications are so strong here it hurts.

I think we need to seriously consider the canocity of the Legends of Magic comic series and I do not appreciate how unfairly and easily the staff members are brushing it off.

We cannot assume that the Legends of Magic series is separate from the rest of the comicbook continuity, especially not without firm official statements regarding its continuity from the creators of the TV show.

As usual, even though the TV show is usually canon to the comicbooks, this does not mean that the reverse is true. Sorry.

In addition, accepting some comicbooks as canon, but not others, would turn too messy, and cause constant arguments about allowing all of them to be counted.

I agree with Antvasima, and considering DarkAnine also said something about canonicity of the comics being different; I do trust him. There's also the fact that one sided canonicity is a thing; the main TV series being canon to the comics doesn't always equate to the comics being canon to the main TV series. It's a similar concept to Hyrule Warriors.

@Light

Isn't Equestria Daily a fan site?

Also, are there official statements about LoM or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back