• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony FiM Revision Thread (Warning: Season 9 Spoilers) [Part 2]

Lightbuster30 said:
And I'm calling outlier on breaking a shield when no one else could, and even more importantly: The ease she did it. All she did was generate magic electricity and it broke the shield. That's too casual of a feat. Makes more sense for Twilight's fear (which was visibly and audibly shown on this exact scene) to have weakened the shield.

No, the shockwave knocked her back. The explosion definitly hit her directly. At one point the green of the explosion is all over the screen, and Starlight;s entire body is still on screen, within the green. Of cours; assuming you're interpretation is true, then much like the shield: It'd be an outlier for Chrysalis to be strong enough to hit Starlight hard enough to daze her for a few seconds with the indirect shockwave of her blows. Shockwaves in mathematical terms get exponentially weaker than the explosion causing them from even a few feet away, from it which would make Chrysalis many orders of magnitude stronger than Starlight. Chrysalis would be unrealistically stronger than Starlight, well beyond Starlight's ability to affect to any degree if this were the case.

So either Chrysalis's one true feat against Starlight is an outlier because it creates an unrealistic strength disrepency and the best we have is "Starlight wasn't confident in taking her head on" (which is vague as hell and could imply any form of strength difference) or she's strong enough to momentarily daze her for a moment with a direct hit from her blasts.

I have to disagree with you there. Chrysalis got pissed off because she felt Starlight's hit, not because she felt affronted. Yet again, we can audibly hear Chrysalis grunt when she gets blasted. I pointed this out in the very comment you replied to.
Don't you think shields are comparable to the casters though? Since Chrysalis stronger than Twilight, it would make sense. Also, Cozy is significantly weaker than Chrysalis, and Twilight used an object to block all the villains.

Yeah, the green covered the entire screen, but that was the shockwave. The actual magic, that was mixed white and green, was only at the center of the explosion. And the way it looked made it seem like the green didn't even touch her. Also, she was knocked off her hooves before the green enveloped the screen, so even if all of the green was the explosion, your argument wouldn't work. Just look at the time where I linked it and go slow motion frame by frame. https://youtu.be/5epDfLh0YYg?t=72 You have to puase at just the right moment, but it's clear. Also, two words: kids show. The same logic can't apply exactly. It can definitely be said that it makes her significantly stronger than Starlight, but not orders of magnitude like physics imply.

Yes, it probably stung. But I'm saying being offended could've been a supporting reason for her being mad. Anyways, we agree that it slightly damaged her.

ThatDude343 said:
Again, I don't know how you are interpreting that reaction as a sign of fear when it is very audibly and visually a grimace. I guess the only way to prove it would be looking at the transcript for the actual episode.

The villians were an ultimate threat together, whether they like it or not. They could't have conquered Equestria alone at this point in the story without each other by disharmonzing the creatures and striking multiple targets at once. Tirek states it right before the end of episode 25. "There's no rainbow magic to save you now!" This is decisive proof that they are aware that they needed to somehow weaken Twilight in some shape or form before actually conquering Equestria. Notice how they don't even attempt to combat the final rainbow attack because they know they are screwed. As for why she didn't single out Cozy in the final batle is actually pretty simple. There are literally two other villians standing right there and would easily come to their aid. BFR isn't an option either because then you would get a hostage situation with the rest of her friends, and finally, they had a plan to capture the Bell and get Discord/Princesses their magic back.

I'm still baffled on to why you think that because Cozy landed a hit on Twilight that somehow proves that she's her equal. IIRC, Twilight never got a chance to fire a beam at Cozy.

My point is that she can do it at will. She just needed to get her head in the game. As long as there is harmony, she can use the friendship of others to access that power. What would you even call this version of Twilight anyway? It doesn't make any sense to recall to it as a final form. But I digress, it's not relevant.
People wince when they're expecting pain.

But they still need to be a credible threat on their own. Pinkie and Rainbow were distracting two villains though. Also, either way, getting rid of one villains would've significantly reduced the villains' chances.

I think that a lot of examples suggest that she's stronger. The evidence isn't solid, but it's definitely there, and clearly it was trying to be shown that Cozy was stronger.

She was only able to do the rainbow beam when she took the rainbow from the pillars, the mane six, and the student six. She can't take it from just anypony. Also, final form does seem appropriate. But like you said, that's not really relavant.

ThatDude343 said:
Off the top of my head:

Crystal Empire

Shadow Play

and there's 1 more where a unicorn does it that i forget, if it's really necessary. I can find it
Cadance was just mentally exhausted from expeding her magic for so long. And I think Starswirl was just struggling to keep the shield up, as right after, when Stygian broke the shield, Starswirl didn't even flinch.

Lightbuster30 said:
It's not the same grunt and it was blatantly in response to Starlight's magic. The former is a grunt of annoyance. The second is in response to getting hit.

Then I call outlier. The first blast was at least a few feet from her. Indirect blasts should not be strong enough to affect Starlight like that even if she we're 1/5th of Chrysalis's strength. If they were direct hits I wouldn't be saying this, but indirect hits imply a strength difference by entire orders of magnitude. The second blast (the one where she gets dazed not knocked out since she was conscious seconds later.) has this even worse thanks to greater distance meaning greater power loss, implying an even bigger strength direspancy.
I agree.

Actually, the first time Starlight just turned away and jumped. It's just hard to see in 1x speed. Go frame by frame and that's obviously what she did. She just landed on her body because she was rushed. So that's not really a feat or an outlier. But anyways, like I said, this is a kids show. You can't expect physics to always apply.

Lightbuster30 said:
I'm actually considering it being PIS or an outlier for Spike to have survived.

That shit is exactly why I'm calling it an outlier. Chrysalis being stronger than her fellow 4-Bs with her mere aura and shockwaves is absolutely ludicrous. It's not about overpowering and knocking them down. That's entirely fine. It's about doing it with such ease that it suggests strength difference as big as entire orders of magnitude. That's the shit that makes me raise my eyebrows. Seriously, you're suggesting she can overwhelm Twilight's shields...by letting her energy leak off of her body. Yeah, no I call bullshit on that.
Well...he did damage a Roc when Twilight couldn't, so...

She didn't just leak energy. It was a focused magical attack that spread through every inch of the shield.

Jackxagon said:
But it happened, didn't it? 3 times, in a span of 5 minutes. (also, it's not what I'm suggesting, it's what happened)

I couldn't take any argument out of your last reply, because it's basically "It's outlier because it's bullshit, yadda yadda yadda and because I said so" without explaining why that couldn't have happened. I would really like some counter-argument.

It is not an outlier if it happened consistently throughout the character lifespan (only this ep). It also doesn't contradict anything chrysalis (or even tirek, if we pull the "equal distribution of power" argument) being this powerful.

(reminding that this is not base form chrysalis, it's her "Ultimate" form, with ancient magic, which we only got to see in this episode)

Asking it again, why can't we accept the fact that she's that strong?
Well, that logic doesn't really work, since Cozy, who probably got most of the magic, didn't even become 2x alicorn level. Also, Tirek got hurt by a blast from twilight. And if the villains were that strong, they definitely would've immediately obliterated the good guys. I like the idea of the final villains being the strongest villains in the show, but it's just not true.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
I gave Chrysalis a key for her post Bewitching Bell state. Since we can't exactly agree on how strong she is, I simply put her at 4-B and noted that she did manage to contend with and defeat Starlight, though I noted that it's unclear exactly how the form compares to her post love absorption state. For her durability, I included a link to show her surviving the giant blast of rainbow magic. She didn't gain any new powers from the BB, so her increased stats were all I had to add along with a picture of her BB form. If there's anything that you all think warrants editing or more discussion for that key, we can discuss it. I just wanted us to finally get started on implementing these changes. CG still needs a profile.
She should be at least 4-B for being hgiher than alicorn level. Also, season 9 twilight and starswirl and starlight should also be because Twilight foguth Sombra and Starlight fought Chrysalis and Starswirl fought the vines better than season 9 premier Twilight.

Lightbuster30 said:
Maybe he reached his fourth form because of the mane 6? Jim said they'd been soaking in "special magic". Maybe those theories about how Tirek was able to steal Discord's magic are true after all.
There's no way Season 4 Mane 5 are stronger than the Pillars. Or are even at their level, considering Starswirl. Maybe Pinkie is via breaks, but not in raw power. And that's what Tirek absorbs, given his statement about no one being able to control chaos magic.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
@GokuSparkle wow there. Not to sound blunt, but could you please not spam. Octuple posting and using long quotes are both really bad.
Gotta agree with Medeus. Not to mention all those quotes makes it harder to tell which is directed at me or someone else and I'm not in the mood to work it out into a collective response at midnight. Probably won't form a response until tomorrow.

Damn I missed all this talk. Can somebody catch me up to speed on what we've discussed? I'm a bit behind and there's like 500 messages, I intentionally avoided these threads cuz I wanted to be unspoiled (LOVED the finale btw).

Pikachu942 said:
Damn I missed all this talk. Can somebody catch me up to speed on what we've discussed? I'm a bit behind and there's like 500 messages, I intentionally avoided these threads cuz I wanted to be unspoiled (LOVED the finale btw).
My Little Pony got jacked to MFTL+ and got re-upgraded back Solar System level. Oh, and we're making IDW profiles now; as much as I dislike it, with Discird being the first.

Bowser-us said:
Lightbuster30 said:
as much as I dislike it, with Discird being the first
well...
Well I meant Discord is first in the sense that he's the first character from the show to be given a comic profile, whereas Bookworm is only in the comics. Almost everyone has wanted to add comic versions of the main cartoon characters.

Oh wow where did that upgrade happen? Lol I am soooo behind.

Otherwise, there's stuffl ike Alicorn Cozy Glow, the new Chrysalis form, Future Twilight, Chaos Pinkie and Cozy Glow, etc.

When and why exactly did they get upgraded back to 4-B? That's what I've always wanted for like five years but just wondering why.

Back