• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony FiM Revision Thread (Warning: Season 9 Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've don't remember this. From what I remember, he remains the same size throughout his second form until he hits his third form, even after absorbing countless towns in season 4.

Lightbuster30 said:
I've don't remember this. From what I remember, he remains the same size throughout his second form until he hits his third form, even after absorbing countless towns in season 4.
In this video at 0:55, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl3Qbei85BU&list=PLVdeWzTNNQQiQubt0lT26j9Xk3UjuS1pC&index=2&t=0s

In this video at 1:08 it is implied. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9jF985uYb4&list=PLVdeWzTNNQQiQubt0lT26j9Xk3UjuS1pC&index=5

In this video at 1:36 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHE4_Ob2eYs&list=PLVdeWzTNNQQiQubt0lT26j9Xk3UjuS1pC&index=11

These are all examples of Tirek growing in size without changing form. Anyways, didn't we agree that Chrysalis in Base was about equal to Tirek, meaning Tirek in the beginning of the episode couldn't have been nearly third form level? Speaking of, that scaling doesn't really make sense. How is 2 characters who are 1/6th 4-C make someone who is confident in taking on the alicorn princesses?

Apex PredatorX said:
I heared Pinkie has a 3-A feat. Is true?
Literally just finished Season 9 and this is a perfect chance to Follow

No, that was just Pinkie mentioning that she felt like turning the entire cosmos into one big party, during the very brief moment she had hold of Discord's power.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
We already discussed this. Pinkies statement is backed up by Discord in episode 25 stating those with his poeer can control all reality. We already discussedwhy he wouldn't be lyong earlier as well.
We'll discuss it in a later thread. For now, I have other things to do, and we have plenty of time to wait anyways.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
We already discussed this. Pinkies statement is backed up by Discord in episode 25 stating those with his poeer can control all reality. We already discussedwhy he wouldn't be lyong earlier as well.
However base the validity of a statement in another not verified statement is not something safe at all.

I also just finished watching season 9, and it was a bittersweet farewell, but I think that it was all well handled in the episodes.

Anyway, it seems like Rainbow Dash and Applejack got in a relationship together, and Pinkie Pie had a foal with Cheese Sandwich, among other things.

Anyway, there were also an "It would give you power over all reality" statement from Discord, and an "I feel like I could transform the cosmos so everything is made of icing" statement from Pinkie Pie with Discord's power, but this isn't really much to base a definitive upgrade to 3-A on. At most "High 4-C, possibly 3-A", but we would need more staff input first.

Are there any other statements regarding Discord's power throughout the series?

On another note, does this mean Tirek can or cannot handle Chaos Magic?

He was not overloaded by it the time he absorbed it, but also couldn't use it for anything.

To answer Firestorm:

Tirek can, but he can't do it alone. He has to absorb a set amount of maic before he can handle Discord's. It's safe to say when he absorbed Discord's Magic [Post-Mane Six and a while after absorbing enough magic to rival the Princesses] he has Discord's raw power, but not the experience to use it as effectively as Discord, and as a result wouldn't do him any good. That's why Discord said he would need ot train them how to use it, not neccessarily because they wouldn't have the power per say.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, there were also an "It would give you power over all reality" statement from Discord, and an "I feel like I could transform the cosmos so everything is made of icing" statement from Pinkie Pie with Discord's power, but this isn't really much to base a definitive upgrade to 3-A on. At most "High 4-C, possibly 3-A", but we would need more staff input first.
I don't think anybody was arguing for him to get a straight up Tier upgrade but I still agree that a Possibly rating is the best solution.

After watching the Season 9 episodes, I can state my agreement to the "High 4-C, possibly 3-A" tiering. Also Tirek flat out said that no one can control Discord's magic besides Discord himself. Perhaps this can lead to two possibilities:

1) Discord himself is an extremely powerful being due to his uncontrollable magic. He does not display his full power because of his nature as a character. This would support a statement (either by Seed or LightBuster from another thread) that of which stated that Discord is very powerful, to the point where he did not view the other High 4-Cs as threats. Especially King Sombra as Discord casually turned his magic into random stuff.

2) It can be due to the nature of Discord's chaotic magic that the other characters can't control it. It does not mean Discord is more powerful than them.

Just a question before I read any more of the comments, what episodes are being spoiled? I haven't seen episodes 22, 23, or 26.

Personally I'm still iffy on 'possibly 3-A', but if you guys feel it's right than go on ahead, we all have our different preferences.

Unfortunately and disappointingly, I believe that we'll have to delete Grogar's profile since it was revealed that Grogar was Discord. Personally this was a disappointing outcome (a bittersweet one like Ant said) as Grogar being the finale's villain would've been as good if not better.

EMagoIorSouI said:
Unfortunately and disappointingly, I believe that we'll have to delete Grogar's profile since it was revealed that Grogar was Discord. Personally this was a disappointing outcome (a bittersweet one like Ant said) as Grogar being the finale's villain would've been as good if not better.
Before we do that we should move the powers that Discord doesn't have from Grogar's profile to his, since it was him doing them. I beleive the only ones are Light & Darkness Manipulation, Resurrection, and possibly the Clairvoyance.

Well, a real Grogar was revealed to exist or to have existed. Discord simply disguised himself as the character.

True but we have no idea what the real Grogar is actually capable of, he shouldn't have a profile based on someone else's interpretation of him.

Anyway, is somebody willing to migrate any relevant information from Grogar's to Discord's profile? I can delete the former afterwards.

In addition, we still need more staff input before we upgrade Discord.

I can move his abilities. Probably not clairvoyance though, as the eye was merely a prop used to his disguise and plan.

Magolor added the abilities, I also added Energy Manipulation since Discord didn't have that apparently and added the categories, so Grogar's page should be ready for deletion now.

A sad fate to what could've been the greatest villain of the series. One of them at least, no one tops Tirek for me.

ShakeResounding said:
Shouldn't Discord have his AP justification tweaked with what Grogar has for his 4-C bit? Or is that unnecessary?
The Sombra bit? He already has something like that on his profile.

Something insignificant but interesting nonetheless. Discord converses with Tirek saying "How about pathetic Centaur, who uses magic to compensate for the fact that deep down, he's afraid that he'll never be enough to please dear old dad; King Vorak"

King Vorak being a character that only ever appears/is mentioned in the comics. Doesn't change anything, just a neat little detail.

Would this give Discord Social Influencing too? I mean, I'm sure he's manipulated characters on the show several times as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back