• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony FiM Revision Thread (Warning: Season 9 Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that they are explicitly part of Season 7 suggests they are not part of the main comic book continuity. Um, those statements are official, the creators approve everything the comics pump out, meaning that claim wouldn't show up if they thought otherwise.

Um, no, this set of comics not only ties in directly to the Season, but even influences it. It's not basing it's canon off of Season 7, it's part of the Season 7 canon. This isn't a one sided relationship where the show is canon to Legends of Magic but not vice versa. There are too many things that Legends of Magic inspired in season 7 for your statement to be true, much less applied. Rockhoof saving his village with a shovel in the second comic was brought up months later as an important plot point in "Campfire Tales". The Pony of Shadows destroying the light of entire realities was brought up in the season finale when he makes a statement threatening to extinguish the light of his world. The aforementioned way Sunburst discovered the Journal of Starswirl, and so so many more.

Why. Does it matter? You do realize that we typically count movies and anime as separate canon to their manga counterparts right? Doesn't change the fact that a select few movies are counted as part of the manga canon under the right circumstances. Why should My Little Pony be the exception? Is My Little Pony not allowed when similar circumstances appear?

And who cares? We know these comics are stated to be part of the shows canon both through statements and through actual evidence on the show. You think I care if someone else wants to argue that because Legends of Magic is canon, so should other comics? The Legends of Magic comics are clearly different from the other comics. If someone wants to argue for another My Little Pony comic series as canon, then they need to prove it is connected to and influences the show's continuity as much as Legends of Magic has. No other comic series has ever influenced the events of the My Little Pony cartoon the way Legends of Magic has.

If you think we're going to jump off the slippery slope by allowing this, then I can assure you we won't.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I agree with Antvasima, and considering DarkAnine also said something about canonicity of the comics being different; I do trust him. There's also the fact that one sided canonicity is a thing; the main TV series being canon to the comics doesn't always equate to the comics being canon to the main TV series. It's a similar concept to Hyrule Warriors.
Oh sure, when I use Darkanine's word to try and upgrade the verse, Ant dismisses it because Darkanine "was always biased towards MLP" but when someone else does it it's just fine.

Even if this LoM comic series has ties to the show, as I said above,

https://***************.to/Comic/My-Little-Pony-Legends-of-Magic/Annual-1?id=133375

"Both of those girls are more powerful than any other univorn I've even met."

"They have infinite power for destruction."

"Then I'll overrun every reality and make it as empty and corrupted as mine."

These quotes don't really suggest taking over a reality all at once. Nothing suggests power dramaically over High 4-C. It also doesn't help with the Castle of the Two Sisters and Canterlot Castle confusion.

I don't even know which comics these quotes below come from.

"Two moody teenagers who can alter the fabric of reality"

Paraphrase: "infinite number of worlds around them (referring to different realties) and that a great evil has devoured all the light of the worlds and hungers for a new one"

I don't have the time and energy to argue about this, but my above points still stand. Unless we have specific official statements from the creators of the cartoon that this particular comicbook series is considered as canon to the show, we cannot use it. Period.

My apologies, but mentions within promotion for the comicbook of tieing in to events within the show is just that, promotion to get more sales. It does not automatically imply anything more official than that, especially if the story featuring young Celestia and Luna mentions "infinite power"/High 3-A, something never remotely implied by the show itself.

Btw: I only stated that Darkanine had seemed a bit biased about MLP in the past. That is all. And I later admitted that I may have been mistaken. I did not remotely state that he should never be trusted about it or other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back