• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: We Shouldn't Be Scaling to the Elements of Harmony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to cut straight to the chase here: I think we should remove scaling to the Elements of Harmony for everyone as powerful as Discord and below. This would naturally cut off Low 2-C for them. The EoH are portrayed as some of the most powerful forces of magic in the world. Nightmare Moon was helpless against them, and Sombra was straight up vaporized. Scaling to them was only ever to serve as supplementary evidence for what was already likely, it was never supposed to be the main reasoning for the tier.

With the fabric of reality statements not actually counted as tier 2, they kinda don't have anything beyond 3-A to High 3-A to stand on. High 3-A was rejected based on being flowery language, but at a second look, I'm not sure how being called infinite in power, then being planned on being used to corrupt and make empty an infinite number of Universes can be counted as flowery. That's like, the opposite of flowery, he calls their power infinite, then plans to use them in a feat that would require infinite power. Sure, you might say they have the range or speed to do such things, but he's blatantly not talking about those attributes. It is simply not possible to affect an infinite number of Universes without infinite range, speed, or power, and he's only talking about one of them. The Pony of Shadows planned on using them to corrupt and make empty an infinite number of Universes. That seems pretty clear cut High 3-A.

So, without concrete proof of anything tier 2, it is probably best to downgrade the alicorn tiers to High 3-A. The Pony of Shadows can keep his rating since he explicitly couldn't be defeated by the Elements outright.

However, that being said I have been discussing stuff with friends on Discord and found an interesting; yet overlooked, feat that could not only allow the characters to keep their tier 2 ratings but even put them into the next tier above them.

This potential feat is scaling Star Swirl the Bearded to the mirror portals, which when shattered, accelerated the process of two Universes merging with each other. What happened was Celestia constantly traveling through a prototype mirror portal caused the link between the two Universes to become unstable and form a rift. This rift was causing paradoxes and breaking down the dimensional walls between the two universes. When Evil Celestia blasted Evil Luna, regular Luna was blasted backward into the mirror portal, shattering it. The instant this happens, the Universes begin to completely merge with one another, to the point where Celestia can simply fly through the tears in reality caused by the merging to fight her parallel self.

We know for a fact the mirror was directly responsible for this because it's shattering is what accelerated the merging. Evil Celestia wanted to fight Celestia. Her original plan was to injure Evil Luna (The Paradoxes had linked Celestia and Luna with their evil versions, meaning damage to one caused damage to the other) and by extension normal Luna, then Celestia would come rushing through the mirror portal. Instead what happens as a cause of this, is the mirror shatters, and both realities begin to crumble so badly, that it begins to form rips between them, allowing Celestia to pass through. This is not what Evil Celestia planned, even if it was better. This statement directly implies things wouldn't be so dire if she hadn't indirectly shattered the portal, as it wasn't part of the plan. I mean, we went from a slow forming green sky to a visual of the worlds merging into each other and tears in reality that you could pass through the instant the mirror broke. It's clear the mirror becoming unstable is what was causing the paradoxes and merging.

So, what does this have to do with Star Swirl? Well, he enchanted the mirror in the first place. Back before Star Swirl had the prototype and the Equestria Girls mirror, he had dozens of mirrors leading to different dimensions. After the incident with the parallel Pony of Shadows, rather than have one mirror per world, he made a prototype that was intended to go to any singular world. Basically, it was Star Swirl's magic that enchanted the mirrors in the first place. And since his magic empowered the mirror, we figured it would be possible to scale him to the mirror.

As it stands, the current suggestions for revising the profiles is this, starting with Star Swirl:

Solar System level (Replicated Celestia's Sun moving feat every day with 5 others before Celestia stepped in), likely High Universe level (Superior to Alicorn Twilight Sparkle, who could harm Evil Luna, took a hit from Evil Celestia, and could fight Sombra with difficulty)

Solar System level (Replicated Celestia's Sun moving feat every day with 5 others before Celestia stepped in), likely High Universe level (Superior to Alicorn Twilight Sparkle, who could harm Evil Luna, took a hit from Evil Celestia, and could fight Sombra with difficulty) to Low Multiverse level (Enchanted the mirror portal, which linked two Universes when it became unstable and almost completely merged them when shattered)

Whatever the case may be, our current justifications for everyone as strong as Discord and below are not good enough for Low 2-C. As it currently stands, with our current descriptions, they seem better suited with a High 3-A ranking. Although I would like to see stances on scaling to the Mirror. Either way, their tier needs changing.

Last edited:
I do disagree with Nightmare Moon being helpless against the Elements, as she did actually hold them back with her own power temporarily, they just eventually overpowered her. Also does Discord level and below mean Discord would lose his Low 2-C as well? Cause I highly disagree with that. After all, the Elements were the straight up only thing able to effect him, so he should be at least comparable in power to them. I do agree with the mirror scaling though.

I do disagree with Nightmare Moon being helpless against the Elements, as she did actually hold them back with her own power temporarily, they just eventually overpowered her.
Also does Discord level and below mean Discord would lose his Low 2-C as well? Cause I highly disagree with that. After all, the Elements were the straight up only thing able to effect him, so he should be at least comparable in power to them. I do agree with the mirror scaling though.
The first part might or might not be weird scaling. Again, Sombra was completely vaporized by their power and feared it to the point of destroying its source. It just feels safer if we give them the tier by merit of their own feats instead of scaling to the strongest force in the verse.

Being the only thing able to beat him does not suggest he scales to their power. We know he's stronger than almost everyone else other than the very few people who scale to the Elements. As powerful as Discord is, if Discord were to scale to the Elements and no one else did, this would imply an infinite power gap between him and everyone else, which is not only never implied but even contradicted in the series on multiple occasions.

Last edited:
I'm still a bit neutral on the mirror thing. Star Swirl's enchantment might be a chain reaction type, setting off a series' of paradoxes that causes the universes to collapse. That said, I do support High 3-A at least, which IMO is supported with Discords two universal statements in the final season.

I'm still a bit neutral on the mirror thing. Star Swirl's enchantment might be a chain reaction type, setting off a series' of paradoxes that causes the universes to collapse. That said, I do support High 3-A at least, which IMO is supported with Discords two universal statements in the final season.
The paradoxes were a result of dimensional walls breaking down, linking the Universes more, and more. They were never the cause. They were stuff like misplaced books and cooks making the same meal. The paradoxes were specifically happening because the mirror was becoming unstable and as a result, weakening the dimensional walls separating the Universes causing them to become linked more and more to the point of eventual fusion.

This linking is in turn, what caused the paradoxes, but to repeat what I said earlier: The paradoxes were not the cause of the walls breaking down, but rather the consequence of barriers breaking and the Universes slowly merging with each other.

Last edited:
I pretty much agree with no one scaling from the Elements of Harmony except for the amped up Tirek for example. And Rainbow Power is obviously superior, but isn't Discord like the main reason Tirek became Tier 2. And Discord also iirc often toys with his foes and is usually superior to everyone except the EoH or RP. Though, former is somewhat debatable.

I also personally find the mirror example vague. I accept it as a range feat and a hax feat, but unsure about it being an AP feat. I know physically fusing two universes into one entirely is 2-C, but if that's what happens or if it's an over bombardment of portals that simply connect two universes together. If it's a Dark Kahn style feat, it's 2-C AP, but unsure if that can scale to the rest of the stats.

I pretty much agree with no one scaling from the Elements of Harmony except for the amped up Tirek for example. And Rainbow Power is obviously superior, but isn't Discord like the main reason Tirek became Tier 2. And Discord also iirc often toys with his foes and is usually superior to everyone except the EoH or RP. Though, former is somewhat debatable.

I also personally find the mirror example vague. I accept it as a range feat and a hax feat, but unsure about it being an AP feat. I know physically fusing two universes into one entirely is 2-C, but if that's what happens or if it's an over bombardment of portals that simply connect two universes together. If it's a Dark Kahn style feat, it's 2-C AP, but unsure if that can scale to the rest of the stats.
Like I mentioned, it was Star Swirl's magic that created the link in the first place. He wouldn't have been able to make the link if his magic wasn't powerful enough. There are numerous instances in the cartoon and comics where magic hax is limited by the strength of their magic. Age spells being limited by not enough power of the Unicorn and Twilight failing to dispel mind control based on being too weak. There are a few more I'm thinking of, but I might have to do some digging.

Also, that's technically exactly what happened but with one portal.

Dark Kahn? Not seeing him on the wiki, so I have no clue.

Last edited:

Huh. I never saw him when I looked up his name for some reason. Weird, but thanks. Unfortunately, it just says he has the power to merge two universes together. Nothing really specific.

I also think everyone who is Discord and below should get downgraded to High 3-A. Starswirl's 2-C feat seems legit in my perspective so I am willing to support him having Low Multiversal AP.

But I do have one question. At one of the upper points of the opening, you mentioned the fact that the Pony of Shadows desired to corrupt and destroy an infinite number of universes, which would require infinite energy, and you used that as proof of a High 3-A feat.

But then later on you made it more clear about the fact that all of the infinite universes are separate realities entirely because of separation by dimensional walls, and the destruction of said dimensional walls resulted in the merging of two universes, thus classifying as a 2-C feat.

I don't see how the Pony of Shadows who is strong enough to destroy an infinite number of universes--which is a 2-A feat, not a High 3-A feat, from what I see--is somehow inferior in AP to the shattering of the mirror which at best merged the realities of just two universes into one.

I am hoping you can clarify what is going on so that this inconsistency I'm noticing is resolved.

Last edited:
I also think everyone who is Discord and below should get downgraded to High 3-A. Starswirl's 2-C feat seems legit in my perspective so I am willing to support him having Low Multiversal AP.

But I do have one question. At one of the upper points of the opening, you mentioned the fact that the Pony of Shadows desired to corrupt and destroy an infinite number of universes, which would require infinite energy, and you used that as proof of a High 3-A feat.

But then later on you made it more clear about the fact that all of the infinite universes are separate realities entirely because of separation by dimensional walls, and the destruction of said dimensional walls resulted in the merging of two universes, thus classifying as a 2-C feat.

I don't see how the Pony of Shadows who is strong enough to destroy an infinite number of universes--which is a 2-A feat, not a High 3-A feat, from what I see--is somehow inferior in AP to the shattering of the mirror which at best merged the realities of just two universes into one.

I am hoping you can clarify what is going on so that this inconsistency I'm noticing is resolved.
Because The Pony of Shadows isn't destroying the Universes. He's just making them empty, dark, and corrupted so he can rule over them. The type of destruction he's bringing to the Universes is not influencing space-time.

Sorry for the dumb question but I just wanna make sure this part is clear, but would the EoH and RP scale to Starswirl’s 2-C feat, since they’re obviously far superior to him?

Also, who else would scale to the 2-C feat if it’s overall accepted?

Sorry for the dumb question but I just wanna make sure this part is clear, but would the EoH and RP scale to Starswirl’s 2-C feat, since they’re obviously far superior to him?

Also, who else would scale to the 2-C feat if it’s overall accepted?
Basically yes. And anyone on Starswirl’s level or above would get the 2-C rating.

I also think that the Starswirl feat sounds more like chain reaction. My apologies.

The paradoxes were a result of dimensional walls breaking down, linking the Universes more, and more. They were never the cause. They were stuff like misplaced books and cooks making the same meal. The paradoxes were specifically happening because the mirror was becoming unstable and as a result, weakening the dimensional walls separating the Universes causing them to become linked more and more to the point of eventual fusion.

This linking is in turn, what caused the paradoxes, but to repeat what I said earlier: The paradoxes were not the cause of the walls breaking down, but rather the consequence of barriers breaking and the Universes slowly merging with each other.
Light stated that it was not a chain reaction.

Okay, but what he described still sounds like a gradual chain reaction, not mashing the universes together by force all at once.

Okay, but what he described still sounds like a gradual chain reaction, not mashing the universes together by force all at once.
Firstly: Based on what exactly? People need to explain why it is a chain reaction, you can't just say it sounds that way and leave it at that.

Secondly, it's not gradual. This isn't something happening over time. This happens in proportion to how unstable the Mirror portal is. Basically. This amounts to nothing more than a rift forming in the mirror that is tearing apart dimensional boundaries. Heck, sending immensely powerful forces through the mirror just makes the rift and instability get worse. Again, nothing is pointing to a chain reaction. It is simply the mirror becoming unstable and destroying dimensional barriers keeping the realities seperate.

The series of events are as follows: Star Swirl creates prototype mirror > Mirror is unstable when overused > Mirror links the Universes as it gets worse and worse via destruction of dimensional walls. > The destruction of dimensional barriers gets worse and is accelerated when powerful entities pass through.

...And that's pretty much it. What about destroying dimensional barriers is a chain reaction? Nothing is causing the mirror to become more powerful. It is simply unstable meaning its power is going to spread into and link the universes themselves instead of just the mirror.

Well, we do not know how durable the mirror portal was, and simply destabilising the separation between two universes by travelling through one seems unquantifiable, not like a raw power feat.

After Light and Cinnibar's explanation, I'm okay with the 2-C feat, but I think it should remain as a possibly.

Basically, it seems more like plot convenience than raw power that travelling between two universes or damaging the link between them would cause them to merge, but I suppose that "Possibly 2-C via preparation (Can destabilise the separation between two universes via damaging a mirror portal)" for Starswirl alone might be an idea.

Well, we do not know how durable the mirror portal was, and simply destabilising the separation between two universes by travelling through one seems unquantifiable, not like a raw power feat.
The mirror portals' durability is irrelevant. Why would it matter if the thing is durable or not? We're scaling to Star Swirl because he created the link with his own magic, not because someone can destroy the portal. The link becoming unstable is causing the fusion.

To clarify something: The mirror always had this power from the beginning. Becoming unstable just means it's losing control over that power and making it link entire Universes instead of two spots within them.
Basically, it seems more like plot convenience that travelling between two universes or damaging the link between them would cause them to merge
Of course, it's not. Damaging the link between them wasn't purely the cause. Again, the problem is that the link is unstable. That means its power is volatile. Therefore when the link gets damaged, it's volatile power spreads through the entirety of the Universes instead of a single spot like a mirror. That is why damaging the link causes the Universes to merge.

However, it is important to understand that the mirror always had this power. It's not being added to. The power is just spreading as the link becomes more damaged and unstable.
but I suppose that "Possibly 2-C via preparation (Can destabilise the separation between two universes via damaging a mirror portal)" for Starswirl alone might be an idea.
I have no idea how it is. Again, this is something that needs to be explained and not just said. Star Swirl is the one who gave the mirror its power in the first place and pure power can destabilize the link even more. There is much more "for" applying to power than "against" here.

The issue here is that Starswirl did not prove himself capable of blowing up or creating two universes at once via his own power. He simply created a small portal between two universe, which, due to illogical plot convenience, caused the separation between the universes to gradually lessen when it was damaged.

For one thing, this is him essentially working as a magical scientist, not a brute force power blast fighter. It is not an attack that he can suddenly use on his own, and for the second, it has more in common with somebody using a time machine to go to the past and erase a timeline via different actions combined with storybook verse mechanics, but applied to space instead of time, than it has with multiversal raw power feats.

As such, I find this feat incredibly unreliable to scale such a high rating for much of the verse, and am not going to accept it. My apologies, but we cannot make exceptions in this regard just because I like this verse.

The rest of your revision is fine though, and it would be good if other administrators help us out here, so it is appreciated if you ask several of them for help.

@AKM sama

Would you be willing to help us out here for example?

He simply created a small portal between two universe,
Incorrect. A created a portal by permanently linking two parts of two Universes with each other: A mirror and a statue.
which, due to illogical plot convenience, caused the separation between the universes to gradually lessen when it was damaged.
It absolutely is not "Illogical plot convenience". I told you why the mirror and its link began to fuse the Universes. Nothing about this is illogical until you counter my point saying that it is not. Only then can you make such a claim.
For one thing, this is him essentially working as a magical scientist, not a brute force power blast fighter.
That doesn't change the fact that it all came from his magic. Really, throughout the entirety of Legends of Magic, all of his magical mirrors were created via casting an enchantment on them. It's nothing more than a spell. The only difference is that this mirror portal is designed to go to multiple universes instead of one. That's why he had to use science. Star Swirl himself says that not every world is equally accessible. Some worlds like the Equestria Girls Universe can only be accessed on certain dates. Therefore, casting a simple spell to link them like any other Universe won't work.
It is not an attack that he can suddenly use on his own, and for the second,
Of course, it is, all we're doing is applying the feat from the mirror portal to Star Swirl's attack potency via casting the spell that created it. Again, pure power passing through exacerbates the "fusing universes" problem, which no one has addressed yet.
it has more in common with somebody using a time machine to go to the past and erase a timeline via different actions combined with storybook verse mechanics, but applied to space instead of time, than it has with multiversal raw power feats.
You know, saying "this is like that" doesn't actually make it so unless you explain it, which you still have yet to do.

You know why going back in time and erasing a universe via replacing it with a new timeline is a chain reaction? Because you're replacing the old universe with a new timeline by changing events of the past. That is a chain reaction. The reasoning behind it is clear, concise, and completely obvious to anyone.

Now, what about a mirror portal losing control of its power causing it to spread into dimensional barriers causing them to be damaged is a chain reaction? This is as much a chain reaction as glass shattering because you brought a hammer to it.

Well, I still think that this feat seems incredibly unreliable to scale from, for already stated reasons, and will not accept it, but have several dozens different tasks to juggle at the same time thanks to the onslaught of content revision threads, so I hope that other staff members that I created notifications for will help us out.

In the meantime, the other revisions that you suggested seem fine to apply.

In short sentences; preferably bullet point, can someone bother explaining to me all the reasoning for this being a chain reaction? I'm not 100% sure I get why this is supposed to be a chain reaction. It just feels like people are saying "it is" and leaving things at that. I do not see enough details and explanations to agree with that notion. I have no idea which points are still valid and which ones aren't.

Star Swirl having to go scientist mode isn't reasoning because again; not every world can be accessed via conventional methods. Those methods being casting a spell that links two objects to each other.

It seems to me like the main problem is whether or not this scales to ap, not if it is a chain reaction. And in that case, I've already argued against that too. I do agree that we need more input since no one else except for you and me is arguing about this and you evidently don't feel like talking about it.

Because it is the breaking of a small stabilising object that links two worlds with each other, and then causes them to gradually overlap after being destroyed.

In addition, it is similar to a scientist building a machine, so it is a preparation feat.

I am just ridiculously overworked right now, and need help from other staff members.

Because it is the breaking of a small stabilising object that links two worlds with each other, and then causes them to gradually overlap after being destroyed.
The mirror was already causing them to overlap. The destruction of the mirror didn't cause them to overlap, it accelerated what was already happening. If the mirror is gone, then there's nothing to control the link keeping the worlds together.
In addition, it is similar to a scientist building a machine, so it is a preparation feat.
No. No, it's not. I have explained over and over that it was never the case in the first place. He cast an enchantment on a mirror to link two universes. Any modifications done to the mirror were to take into account that some universes that couldn't be accessed conventionally, such as the Human World. He explicitly goes out of his way to talk about this in the comic.

Seriously, he had an entire castle room filled with mirrors to dozens of different alternate dimensions and none of them had any special technology or science applied to them. The only; and I mean the only, thing he did to those mirrors was cast a linking spell on them. No special science. No machines or modifications or testing or research. All he did was grab random mirrors and cast an enchantment to link them with other realities.

Get what I'm saying? He doesn't need science and research to link two objects in two Universes with each other. He's done it in the past. He had a whole room filled with them. I repeat myself: There was no science and research involved, only a spell he cast. The one time he actually needed to put research and science into it was when he tried creating a mirror potentially can link to any number of Universes, and that includes Universes that can't be accessed under normal conditions.

Well, I am still very uncertain. It does not seem to have been intended to have been portrayed as a raw power feat, just a plot device. At best it is likely an outlier.

It is best to wait for further staff evaluations in any case.

Plenty of feats aren't intended to be raw power or turn out more powerful than what the author intended them to be. I honestly doubt the showrunners consider Celestia to even be in the stellar tier range. But, at the end of the day, their opinions on what does and doesn't count as power are irrelevant. Their intent and feelings of power in the verse are not our problems. Especially when portrayal consistently suggests that their hax is limited by the power of their magic.

I remain extremely uneasy with scaling from this feat for all of the previously mentioned reasons. It seems to severely exaggerate the statistics of virtually all the characters to a completely unreasonable degree.

However, as I keep repeating, I am ridiculously overworked right now. Just be patient and wait for other staff members to help out with evaluating this. I do not have enough time and energy available. Thank you.

I wouldn't say it's exaggerating if it makes sense. But whatever, I doubt anyone other than You, Amelia, DDM, and maybe Prom is going to be commenting. Almost all staff members who don't have much knowledge of the series appear to have a disinterest in the verse. At least based on past experience.

Last edited:
I was summoned here.

After reading the thread, it seems the character in question created mirrors and enchanted them so that they link two universes together, kinda like how portals work. But when these mirrors break, the interlinked universes experience dimensional shenanigans and merge together.

I am failing to see how this merging of two universes can be scaled back to Star Swirl's AP. His AP doesn't have anything to do with the feat in the first place. All he did was use magic to link two universes. The universes started merging on their own due to dimensional shenanigans as a side effect of the mirrors/link between them breaking. Both are unrelated in terms of AP. Stuff like that happens a lot in comics where devices cause weird time-space mumbo-jumbo which ultimately causes rifts in the universes. The feat happening is 2-C but the magic/AP of Star Swirl is unquantifiable and can't be scaled to it, since his magic isn't causing this feat directly.

After reading the thread, it seems the character in question created mirrors and enchanted them so that they link two universes together, kinda like how portals work. But when these mirrors break, the interlinked universes experience dimensional shenanigans and merge together.
No, the mirror breaking accelerated what was already happening. The link doesn't merge two universes together, it merges two objects within them together. The link only begins linking the Universes themselves when the portal is overused, causing the link to weaken and become unstable.
I am failing to see how this merging of two universes can be scaled back to Star Swirl's AP. His AP doesn't have anything to do with the feat in the first place. All he did was use magic to link two universes. The universes started merging on their own due to dimensional shenanigans as a side effect of the mirrors/link between them breaking. Both are unrelated in terms of AP.
I'm failing to see how it doesn't when his magic is the direct creation of the link in the first place. Yet again, I point out the fact that not only does traveling through the Mirror cause destabilization, but sending powerful people through the mirror further damages the link, and all the times in the cartoon where magical hax is limited to the AP of the one casting it, neither of which anyone bothers to address.
Stuff like that happens a lot in comics where devices cause weird time-space mumbo-jumbo which ultimately causes rifts in the universes.
I'm going to have to ask for some examples here. The examples have to actually work.
The feat happening is 2-C but the magic/AP of Star Swirl is unquantifiable and can't be scaled to it, since his magic isn't causing this feat directly.
And how is it not causing the feat directly? You do know the link is completely magical in nature right? The link is literally powered by magic. It's not just created by magic, it is magic. We see proof of this during the Friendship Games where Twilight's device steals energy from the portal causing it to stop functioning. The link is clearly either powered by magic or straight up made of the stuff, which further reinforces my previous points. And if that the case, it definitely scales to Star Swirl, because it never would've been able to do what it did if it is powered directly by his magic. Which Friendship Games shows since the link could be absorbed by a magic stealing device.

Whatever the case may be, it's clear Star Swirl's magic is directly fueling the portal itself.

Last edited:
Okay so I think I finally understand what's going on. Star Swirl created the enchantment with his own magic, that was capable of collapsing two universes, which isn't like a machine dong it, because this is his own power that is causing the event to transpire. Is that correct?

Okay so I think I finally understand what's going on. Star Swirl created the enchantment with his own magic, that was capable of collapsing two universes, which isn't like a machine dong it, because this is his own power that is causing the event to transpire. Is that correct?
Yes, because again: Friendship Games shows the link created by portals is directly powered by magic. And Star Swirl is the only person who gave the thing magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back