• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony FiM Revision Thread (Warning: Season 9 Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firestorm808 said:
Twilight was her student for 10-13 years, and Sunset was her student for about the same.
Well, yeah but I mean is there anything suggesting they were Celestia's only students? Because I find it hard to believe there were only two Unicorns powerful enough to be her students over the course of 1000 years. Especially when there's a chance that there're a small amount ponies as strong as Starlight running around.

Anyways, none of this detracts from the fact that Discord could have found a few rare powerhouses and held them down for Tirek to drain by force or maybe even helped him to do so.

Just to be clear, this is just speculation that there were Tier 4 pony's that Tirek drained.

All we know is that he absorbed a lot of ponies which are all basically Tier 6. There is nothing showing that tigher tier ponies were drained.

If untrained and (formerly) random ponies like Starlight from no name vilages could've gotten that powerful, then it stands to reason there are at least a couple out there like her. She can't possibly be the only one, and her existence proves there are (or were in her case since she's no longer an unknown) powerhouses we don't know about. It's not a guarantee, I'll admit. It is however, well within the realm of possibility.

Lightbuster30 said:
The fact that the unicorns were considered powerful enough to aid in the first place (even if it drained their magic) implies they are well above tier 6. There's no way any country leveler (soon to be lower after the downgrades) is going to be considered useful in raising the sun. If that were the case Starswirl could've done most of it himself. The unicorns had to be extreamely powerful to provide any notable help.
Why are they being downgraded from 6-B?

Lightbuster30 said:
If untrained and (formerly) random ponies like Starlight from no name vilages could've gotten that powerful, then it stands to reason there are at least a couple out there like her. She can't possibly be the only one, and her existence proves there are (or were in her case since she's no longer an unknown) powerhouses we don't know about. It's not a guarantee, I'll admit. It is however, well within the realm of possibility.
It's possible, but she also has her cutie mark in magic. Also, she did contend with an alicorn, four of which rivalled the power of the entire population. It's highly unlikely that there are more tier 4 unicorns, especially considering Starswirl is considered the most powerful unicorn of all time (excluding Sombra), and is barely tier 4. I just think it's an inconsistency, rather than something that has an actual explanation.

Anyways, the cute mark of magic is simply held by those with a talent for magic or a specific form of magic in the case of Trixie. So your point doesn't make sense as it would go hand in hand with what I said before. If there are other powerhouse Unicorns out there that we don't know about, then by proxy, they would have a cutie mark in magic we don't know about as well.

I wasn't referring to gender, I just didn't know who you were referring to in general.

I didn't read the end of the link and thought you were just linking the calc not to the comments.

In any case, don't think about the 6-B thing until an actual calc is being evaluated.

Was Starswirl even stated to be the strongest Unicorn of all time? I don't ever remember that. Oh, and the existence of Sombra automatically renders that statement null anyways. Again, they were able to find people strong enough to help moving the sun and moon, to the point where they could keep it up for years before running out of ponies that powerful. It's as far from "unlikely" as it gets. Nothing suggests there isn't at least more than one unicorn comparable to him, and the existence of Starlight suggests there are.

Azathoth challeneged the reasoning behind 6-B and scaling to the Sonic Rainboom in general. Not sure if the Rainboom itself will stop being used as scaling, but treating it as an explosion is wrong according to him. And that means no 6-B. The calc I posted is being evaluated for when the eventual downgrades happen.

"Twilight Sparkle: Star Swirl the Bearded is only the most important conjurer of the pre-classical era."

This is how Twilight described him. She never calls him the most powerful Unicorn, just the most important Unicorn in one era.

"Twilight Sparkle: An age spell? But... how could you do an age spell? That's only for the highest level Unicorns!"

Take note of the bolded. She says it is for highest level Unicorns. Plural, implying that there are multiple Unicorns at least near the peak of power for one. And what was I saying earlier? That there is at least a possibility of there being more than one very high tier unicorn other than Starlight. Twilight confirms this by acknowledging their existence in the first place. Not a huge number of them true, but Starlight Glimmer is absolutely not the only "highest level Unicorn" going off of this statement.

Lightbuster30 said:
Was Starswirl even stated to be the strongest Unicorn of all time? I don't ever remember that. Oh, and the existence of Sombra automatically renders that statement null anyways. Again, they were able to find people strong enough to help moving the sun and moon, to the point where they could keep it up for years before running out of ponies that powerful. It's as far from "unlikely" as it gets. Nothing suggests there isn't at least more than one unicorn comparable to him, and the existence of Starlight suggests there are.
Azathoth challeneged the reasoning behind 6-B and scaling to the Sonic Rainboom in general. Not sure if the Rainboom itself will stop being used as scaling, but treating it as an explosion is wrong according to him. And that means no 6-B. The calc I posted is being evaluated for when the eventual downgrades happen.
I mean he was the only unicorn hyped up so much, and I meant other than Sombra.

There's still the 6-C feat from Winter Wrap Up.

I think there was a problem with the Winter Wrap Up feat as well. Mostly that the clouds couldn't stretch that far due to one instance of them having holes in the mountains....which doesn't make sense since that doesn't change the fact that destroying a specific area of the storm was calced at 6-C, not the entire thing. And that specific area very clearly had clouds all the way to the horizon, blatantly not having gaps between them in those specific areas.

Anyways, 6-C may need more clarification or discussion.

We acknowledge that High level unicorns exist as I mentioned Chancellor Neighsay earlier. We acknowledge that Tirek would have absorbed him and the rest of his council. However, as I said before, we don't have evidense to justify a higher tier for them.

Read what I bolded again. She didn't say the spell was for high level Unicorns, she said it was for highest level Unicorns. We can infer they are at least remotely close to Starswirl if these unseen Unicorns are considered "highest level". Which falls directly in line with Unicorns being strong enough to notably aid Starswirl, but still lose their magic.

Oh, and I'm not talking Neighsay and his Council by the way.

If the age spell is for the highest level unicorns and Trixie performed it with the Alicorn amulet, then the two should scale to eachother.

Firestorm808 said:
If the age spell is for the highest level unicorns and Trixie performed it with the Alicorn amulet, then the two should scale to eachother.
They kinda are. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony?oldid=4905460 Despite it not being represented in her stats, she (with the alicorn amulet) was apparently listed as one of the people who take "a gigantic power leap" alongside Twilight, Celestia, Starswirl, etc.

The Amulet can scale from unicorns, but unicorns can't scale fully from the Amulet.

Chancellor Neighsay: While it's true that unicorns have lost their ability to cast spells, the most potent magic in Equestria is housed in our... artifacts. The EEA medallion allows me to travel throughout Equestria. Its magic worked when I chained you up. Perhaps it still has enough to send me to the princesses.

Firestorm808 said:
The Amulet can scale from unicorns, but unicorns can't scale from the Amulet.
Chancellor Neighsay: While it's true that unicorns have lost their ability to cast spells, the most potent magic in Equestria is housed in our... artifacts. The EEA medallion allows me to travel throughout Equestria. Its magic worked when I chained you up. Perhaps it still has enough to send me to the princesses.
Um, they absolutely can? It's the amulet being scaled to highest level unicorns, not the other way around.

Chancellor Neighsay isn't very powerful without his amulet. I wouldn't call him a "highest level unicorn" without it. I would hesitate to call him a "highest level unicorn" with it.

Artifacts > Unicorns.

You can say that the artifacts are at least the level of unicorns, but you can't say that Unicorns are the same as the artifacts as you stated above with the Neighsay example.

And Neighsay is blatantly wrong since Starlight and the Unicorns who aided Starswirl in the past exists. No I do not care if Starlight was hyped or not and nor do I care that the Unicorns from the past aren't alive anymore. You cannot prove his statement blankets over every Unicorn out there and it blatantly does not.

Princess Celestia: Star Swirl believes the power will drain from our land in three days. First, unicorn magic and spells will fail.
Starlight Glimmer: That's what's happening now.
Princess Celestia: On the second day, creatures will lose their magic abilities.
Fluttershy: [gasps] Oh, no!
Princess Celestia: And finally, magical artifacts will stop working. When the sun sets on the third day, the magic in our world will be gone forever!

Unless you want to argue that his little medallion is somehow more powerful than the alicorn amulet, which you know; scales to highest level unicorns?

Firestorm808 said:
:Princess Celestia: Star Swirl believes the power will drain from our land in three days. First, unicorn magic and spells will fail.:Starlight Glimmer: That's what's happening now.
Princess Celestia: On the second day, creatures will lose their magic abilities.
Fluttershy: [gasps] Oh, no!
Princess Celestia: And finally, magical artifacts will stop working. When the sun sets on the third day, the magic in our world will be gone forever!
And this proves what exactly? Are you implying that because artifacts are last to be drained it makes them the most powerful? Because that is really really bad logic.

What's wrong with the logic?

Trixie easily performs one of the highest level Unicorn spells with the Alicorn Amulet.

Princess Celestia states that magical artifacts will stop working much later after unicorns.

Chancellor Neighsay: While it's true that unicorns (including Starswirl and Starlight) have lost their ability to cast spells, the most potent magic in Equestria is housed in our... artifacts. *Proceeds to use the amulet*

Firestorm808 said:
As I said before, Artifacts > Unicorns.
Prove it. Prove the EEA amulet is superior to any unicorn, including the highest level ones, because a superior amulet only scales to them. I'll admit there are artifacts stronger than the best of Unicorns like the Crystal Heart, but you're gonna need to try a lot harder if you want to prove the EEA amulet is one of them.

Firestorm808 said:
What's wrong with the logic?
Trixie easily performs one of the highest level Unicorn spells with the Alicorn Amulet.

Princess Celestia states that magical artifacts will stop working much later after unicorns.

Chancellor Neighsay: While it's true that unicorns have lost their ability to cast spells, the most potent magic in Equestria is housed in our... artifacts.
Then I guess land tending magic from Earth Ponies is >>>>> Alicorn powered spells since Celestia and Luna lost the ability to cast their spells, and special abilities like magical food growing is second to leave. I see plenty wrong with that argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back