• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony FiM Revision Thread (Warning: Season 9 Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't watch those episodes. I just thought that you did because of the line

"You mean when he looks into that little crevice where they left it right by his crystal ball and goes "What the...""

Wanted to note something. Shouldn't there be some mention of the Magic of Friendship feats from the season 9 premier in the Mane 6's AP justification? Also, the EoH should maybe be a two key profile with magic of friendship. The whole adding of the new form seems sorta rushed. I know it seems to function basically the same, but it still should be acknowledged better than it currently is.

Also, Starswirl's durability should be "Star Level (Scaled from AP), At least Star Level+, possibly Large Star Level with his most powerful shield spells (his shield withstood an attack from the Pony of Shadows at full power)

And someone should make a Cozy Glow profile. That would be a good idea.

Bump. Currently we have the EQG as At least 4-C, likely Higher via upscaling from their Primes... Which would be 4-C regardless of scaling to Starswirl via upscaling from the EQG 1 Elements which are superior to Celestia/Luna based on explicit implications and their Rainbow Rock selves are superior to their Primes via explicit statements of gaining their true power + the rainbooms power which rivals their prime selves . However, now that the downgrades are happening... I'm going to try to upgrade the EqG girls [or at least the God-Tiers until more stuff is viable] to High 4-C.

Evidence #1: Twilight's statement about the Dazzlings.

• " If the sirens had their way, they would have divided and conquered all of Equestria. But a certain Star Swirl the Bearded wasn't having it. Rumor has it he found a way to banish them to another world ― one where he believed their magic power would be lost. "
  • This is important because this is Twilight Sparkle who says this, someone well adversed with the power of her Elements of Harmony and knows they used the Elements against those like Discord and Nightmare Moon during said distant past , yet feels the Sirens can conquer all of equestria .... Meaning the Elements back then wouldn't have worked on them power wise.
  • Remember that Discord is roughly 2x Alicorn Level via Twilight possessing the power of 4 Alicorns v. Tirek w/ Discord + Almost All Equestrians and being straight up borderline equal. This means that either Entire Equestrians Equals 1 Alicorn, and DIscord 3 Alicorns... Or the safer lowball of Discord being 2 ALicorns and Equestrians equal 2 Alicorns.
  • Scaling each of the EqG Elements to say "The Elements that stomped Discord" [As they would have to be to even fight the Dazzlings solo as at least 2 of the EqG elements were capable of doing, which would be about 4x Alicorn Level via oneshotting Discord who couldn't even stop it somewhat whose likely 2x Alicorn Level], then multiply it by around 6x and the God-Tiers of the EqG verse make it to High 4-C, and is a bit over it by 3x.. But would get the "At least 4-C, possibly High 4-C" tier if not straight up High 4-C for scaling 3x above High 4-C Tirek .
Evidence 2: The fact they had to be banished by the Pillars specifically.

• The fact this happened means you can clearly compare him to the Pony of Shadows in AP because they required the banishment by the Pillars to defeat, akin to the Pony of Shadows. Considering they were the reason the Pillars were chosen to band together in the first place to defeat this actually makes a lot of sense to do, as even after he's the Pony of Shadows he never states he's far superior to he Dazzlings or anything of the sort. This actually makes it far easier to scale them to High 4-C.
My possibility: Rate the Equestria Girl God-Tiers: [Gloriossa, Sci-Twi, Daydreamer] as At least 4-C, possibly High 4-C for being superior to the combined power of six EqG elements, which individually scale to at least to the Elements of Discord via statements of being able to conquer Equestria despite the Elements of superior strength to Discord by 2x being around during those times.

Since the other thread is closed, I'll say my piece here. First of all, Twilight didn't neutralize Sombra's attacks with "high difficulty," as it says in her profile. At first it took some effort, but by the end, it was basically effortless. Also, the thread never really discussed how the princesses could be above 4-C for needing only a little power put into a pendant to raise/lower the sun. Also, considering the logic for downgrading Twilight, she shouldn't even be 5-C, considering she needed the pendant's magic for moving the moon, but no one's gonna be downgrading her to that, will they? I just think they were being too quick about downgrading the top tiers.

She deflected 4 shots from Sombra. The first 2 knocked her back and the third was effortless. The fourth she still struggled with and clearly had the lower hand before the EoH activated.

Because in order to make it go from night to day you have to move the sun? You can't just lower the moon and BAM daytime happens. You need to move the Sun into position as well.

The same could be said for Starswirl as well. He's strong enough to provide power to move the sun yet when he tries raising the moon, he completely fails and loses his magic for his troubles. Failing to move the moon yet being strong enough to provide the majority of the energy needed to move the sun is pretty clear PIS.

I am not however, willing to say the same thing for being unable to move the sun on his lonesome. See, unlike the failing to move the moon, Starswirl actually has a feat to suggest he could move it: Aiding in moving the sun. He does not however, have any non-outlier feats or scaling that suggests being unable to lift the sun by himself is also PIS.

Yes, she struggled, but it wasn't to the point of her being less than 1/6th of his strength.

That's true, but she could've used her magic to move the moon and the pendant to move the sun. She clearly had problems controlling the pendant, so it'd probably make her job easier if she only needed to use the pendant for one part.

When did he try to move the moon and fail? Also you could call him not being able to move the sun PIS. it was necessary for the continuity, since in season 2, it was stated that unicorns (plural) moved the sun, and the writers didn't want to retcon it, so they had to say that Starswirl just provided the majority of the energy.

I think you worded that wrong. You basically said he can lift the sun by himself. But if that's not what you meant, then...Um...yes, he does. Shown as comparable to the princesses in the premier, being the princesses' teacher, being so hyped up over so many seasons to be like the strongest pony ever, being able to shield against the PoS attack, being stronger than someone who can fight Sombra, and also, if he, and thus Twilight are low 4-C, then other things don't make sense. For example, Tirek and Chrysalis equals Third Form Tirek, who was confident in taking on three alicorns, so them both being Low 4-C just doesn't make sense. Especially if it's like less than halfway through the tier. That would mean them combined shouldn't even be 4-C, which obviously isn't the case. Also, he was he leader of a group that protected Equestria, which almost always has 4-C threats. I know this isn't concrete proof, but it is supporting evidence.

Starswirl is described as the most powerful unicorn ever, not pony.

The premiere doesn't state or show that they are comparable, just that they can handle the Everfree.

Star Swirl: Don't be. I've more than enough magic in me to keep the Everfree Forest under control.
Twilight Sparkle: You can do that?
Star Swirl: The Pillars and I planted the Tree of Harmony. Who do you think kept the Forest under control before it did?
[magic zaps]
Star Swirl: It will take time, but with the princesses' help, I can keep it at bay!
[magic zaps]
Rainbow Dash: Aw, yeah! Go get 'em, beardy!
[magic zaps]
Twilight Sparkle: Sombra's back, and he's taken control of all of our friends!
Princess Luna: We've left Canterlot defenseless!
Princess Celestia: Twilight, you must go! Defend Equestria, and we shall contain the forest.
It's implied that the Pillars and Starswirl together kept the Forest under control in the past. He ends up contradicting himself a bit when he says that he has enough magic only to later say that he can keep it at bay with the princesses help.

We already discussed that Third Form Tirek has two keys: Post-Apploosa and Post-Canterlot.

Firestorm808 said:
Starswirl is described as the most powerful unicorn ever, not pony.
The premiere doesn't state or show that they are comparable, just that they can handle the Everfree.

Star Swirl: Don't be. I've more than enough magic in me to keep the Everfree Forest under control.
Twilight Sparkle: You can do that?
Star Swirl: The Pillars and I planted the Tree of Harmony. Who do you think kept the Forest under control before it did?
[magic zaps]
Star Swirl: It will take time, but with the princesses' help, I can keep it at bay!
[magic zaps]
Rainbow Dash: Aw, yeah! Go get 'em, beardy!
[magic zaps]
Twilight Sparkle: Sombra's back, and he's taken control of all of our friends!
Princess Luna: We've left Canterlot defenseless!
Princess Celestia: Twilight, you must go! Defend Equestria, and we shall contain the forest.
It's implied that the Pillars and Starswirl together kept the Forest under control in the past. He ends up contradicting himself a bit when he says that he has enough magic only to later say that he can keep it at bay with the princesses help.
Saying pony was hyperbole. I meant he just had a lot of hype surrounding his power.

Yeah, but he was demonstrated as doing even better than the princesses, and Twilight and the others couldn't do anything

That's because he had the other pillars' help.

Firestorm808 said:
We already discussed that Third Form Tirek has two keys: Post-Apploosa and Post-Canterlot.
Um...what? Isn't Post-Appleloosa supposed to be second from? Because that's what the AP justification seems to imply. Or does Second Tirek just not have a key?

There isn't. Second form is only in the image key, not the profile keys at the bottom.

For his second key, it says he's comparable to Base Chrysalis, but Second From Tirek is the one who's comparable, not third.

Also, he should get a second form key in that case.

Hmm... But the point isn't that the Tree was or was not there, but the statement in and of itself. Enslaving All of Equestria would at least at that time require superiority to the Pillars period, who has power at least comparable to the S1-S3 Elements as noted by Starswirl . Also they should scale comparable in AP at or above Starswirl's durability as well as Starswirl outright decided not to fight them directly and instead banishing... similar to the Pony of Shadows.

The Pillars themselves are not comparable to the Elements. Pieces of their magic was used to grow into the Elements. The only one determined to be Tier 4 of the Pillars is Starswirl.

I was mainly talking about Starswirl , specifically his forcefields ? If his forcefields are upgraded to "High 4-C" ... Dazzlings should scale as they were so strong he couldn't even fight them directly, as shown with how they were defeat, implying his forcefields wouldn't work against them. Especially since as The Pony of Shadows there was never any hint he wasn't stronger, and the fact that both the Dazzlings and Pony of Shadows were beaten in the exact same way... Through banishment as both were enemies they couldn't beat via direct combative means ?

I know that sounds weird... But does that make sense ?

Firestorm808 said:
Must have forgotten to change it to "Stronger than" for Post-Apploosa.
Ok, so he could get possibly at least small star level, if he's second form tirek and chrysalis combined.

Wait, so I just realized. If Twilight and Cadance are supposed to be 1/6th 4-C or something, then all four alicorns would be about 2.33x star level at a lowball, making Full Power Tirek 4.66x star level, which is not large star level, as his profile says. If we're keeping them at low 4-C (which I still disagree with), he should be At least Star Level+, possibly Large Star Level.

Firestorm808 said:
We are basing 2x star Discord on the exponential increase of combining magic.
As I've said, if Twilight is 2x Star level from Celestia and Luna's combined magic, and Discord is "at least Star level" and pre-Discord Tirek is also "at least Star level" then Tirek would only need to double his current power from Discord to match Twilight.

Firestorm808 said:
All alicorn twilight is still at least 4x star.
How? 1/6th + 1/6th + at least 1 + at least 1 = at least 2.666

Also, if that's the case, then why was she downgraded to At least Star Level?

Tirek absorbing a lot of 6-B Ponies makes him Star level. If he absorbed the population of the US, he would still need over 10^9 increase to reach Star level. This is not a linear increase. Starswirl needing other likely 6-B unicorns to move the sun would support an exponential increase when combining magic.

Discord is reasonably at least 2x star from Celestia and Luna needing the Elements.

Post-Canterlot Tirek at least doubles his power with Discord, becoming at least 4x Star.

At least 1/6 Star Twilight absorbing 2 at least 1x Star alicorns and at least 1/6 star Cadence is a 2.33x star linearly, but can reasonably be 4x Star due to the exponential increase when combining magic.

Not really? Not everyone is going to be tier 6, considering there were unicorns powerful enough that Starswirl needed them to help out, you could argue there are many ponies in tiers between 6 and 4 and that Tirek grinded until he could steal magic from ponies the next tier up, then rinsed and repeated. He may not have even needed to grind for the higher tier ponies. With Discord around, he could've had Discord RW them so he could just steal the higher tiered magic by force.

Starswirl's Story (Horse Play)

Fluttershy: Once upon a time, before Celestia, Equestria was suffering terrible hardship. Raising the sun every morning was so hard, it took five great sorcerers plus Star Swirl the Bearded to do it.
Fluttershy: And every day, the unicorns helping Star Swirl would use so much magic, they lost their powers forever. Things looked bleak. Soon, Equestria would lose all its magic users! Then, the land would be covered in darkness for eternity!
Fluttershy: But then, a student named Celestia discovered she had the power to raise the sun herself without draining her magic!
According to the story, the sorcerer unicorns would basically lose their magic (similar to Tirek) in order to help move the sun. Only starswirl was able to keep his magic to do it every day.

At the moment, Unicorn Twilight, the personal student of Celestia, is still Tier 6. It would be reasonable that the past Unicorns would be as comparable. At best, you could scale them to the Alicorn Amulet.

Scaling them to Season 5 Finale Starlight is debatable since she was initially Tier 6 before doing something to get stronger.

Side note, Celestia moving the sun is again considered a drop in the bucket for her.

Firestorm808 said:
Starswirl's Story (Horse Play):Fluttershy: Once upon a time, before Celestia, Equestria was suffering terrible hardship. Raising the sun every morning was so hard, it took five great sorcerers plus Star Swirl the Bearded to do it.:Fluttershy: And every day, the unicorns helping Star Swirl would use so much magic, they lost their powers forever. Things looked bleak. Soon, Equestria would lose all its magic users! Then, the land would be covered in darkness for eternity!:Fluttershy: But then, a student named Celestia discovered she had the power to raise the sun herself without draining her magic!
The fact that the unicorns were considered powerful enough to aid in the first place (even if it drained their magic) implies they are well above tier 6. There's no way any country leveler (soon to be lower after the downgrades) is going to be considered useful in raising the sun. If that were the case Starswirl could've done most of it himself. The unicorns had to be extreamely powerful to provide any notable help.

Starlight even being tier 6 from the beginning is whats debatable since she did nothing to get stronger, and overpowered Twilight in their very first encounter. You can't deny she not only removed Twilight's Cutie Mark, but telekinetically held her down to the point where Twilight couldn't stop it from happening with her own magic. If anything, her being tier 6 pre "The Cutie Remark" is what needs to be proved, not the other way around.

According to the show, in the past 20-30 years, Celestia's students were Sunset Shimmer and Twilight. It's confirmed that they were one of the top students in Unicorn school. They are the baseline that's set for the rest of Equestria for unicorns. It's likely that Chancellor Neighsay is also Tier 6.

If base Starlight is Tier 4, would that also mean that advanced unicorns like Chancellor Neighsay is also Tier 4?

Firestorm808 said:
According to the show, in the past 20-30 years, Celestia's students were Sunset Shimmer and Twilight. It's confirmed that they were one of the top students in Unicorn school. They are the baseline that's set for the rest of Equestria for unicorns. It's likely that Chancellor Neighsay is also Tier 6.
If base Starlight is Tier 4, would that also mean that advanced unicorns like Chancellor Neighsay is also Tier 4?
Where was is stated that they were the only students?

Does he have any feats scaling to her? The only feat I remember him having is putting a seal around the school, which Twilight (Starlight's equal) broke effortlessly. The only thing I would argue scales him to Starlight is the fact that his amulet can create portals, something only high tier mages have done.

Twilight was her student for 10-13 years, and Sunset was her student for about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back