• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #7

They're not bad standards just because you say so, one-shotting a character who is above the average tends to be at the next tier, not to mention Mirio did it very casually.

If it was a more significant one-shot that caused massive amounts of damage, I could see that.

But all he did was hit him in the stomach and stopped him from fighting. I don't think he even knocked him unconscious.

That shows that he has enough strength to hurt him.

@Iapitus Assuming Izuku's durability at the time was equal to 8% (I can't remember him using 20% around this time), he's about 0.72 Tons of TNT from Large Building level (baseline is 2 Tons).

@Damage3245 8% Deku doesn't incapacitate himself with his own attacks, so to do so would certainly require much more power than his own.

@ByAsura His durability was 1.28 tons and by that time he could barely use 8% on his legs.

Okay, so what I'm seeing is that this proves that Mirio would be At least 8-C+ to do that much damage to Izuku.

@Therefir Ok. I said his durability was 0.72 from Large Building level, not that it was 0.72 tons.

@Damage Shouldn't breaking Chisaki's arm close that gap?

For me that's plain High 8-C, and Mirio doing it casually should contribute to that.

Shouldn't Overhaul at least be comparable to Tengai? He also survived Fat Gum's Spear.

> For me that's plain High 8-C, and Mirio doing it casually should contribute to that.

Hitting someone in the stomach and incapacitating them isn't enough for a tier jump IMO. Like I said, he didn't even knock him unconscious.

> Shouldn't Overhaul at least be comparable to Tengai? He also survived Fat Gum's Spear.

Based on what?

But Izuku has proven to be able to endure a lot punishment without being incapacitated.

It was more or less based on the fact that Tengai doesn't have an enhancing physical Quirk like Rappa, and that Chisaki was his leader.

He's been able to take a lot of pain, sure. But I don't think he gets frequently punched in the solar plexus.

Anyway, no changes need to happen to profiles right away. I'll probably make a CRT for the whole deal with Twice's clones in the future.

Obviously Deku didn't pass out or anything, Mirio wasn't trying to kill them. He still incapacitated him insanely easily and casually with a single punch. That's enough to upscale to the next tier.

Is there a page on the site for what exactly qualifies for upscaling? Because if Mirio had punched an 8-C+ character and instantly killed them or caused major body damage to them, then that'd be more understandable for being justification for a tier jump.

But if all he did was hurt Izuku, then that just shows he is superior but still comparable to Izuku.

After all if 8% Izuku punched himself in the solar plexus, don't you think he'd be winded too?

Agree with Damage tbh. Mirio didn't exactly curbstomp him, he showed clear superiority but that doesn't justify a tier jump.

Spinoirr said:
He was holding back and brakeing overhauls arm when izuku couldn't really shows
Chisaki currently gets his durability rating from Mirio, so that'd be a bit circular.

I mean, saying one character dealt more damage to someone than another character would be valid argument for superiority regardless of what that someone's durability is and where it comes from.

That said I don't remember Izuku actually hitting Kai and failing to do damage

Izuku only slightly hurting Chisaki is wrong. There's no way you can look at this panel and tell me he only slightly hurt him, he just didn't break his arm like Mirio did.

I think At least 8-C works best here, their reasoning should be fine though. Mirio taking out 8% Izuku and Kirishima so casually is still impressive.

Does that sound agreeable?

I think Dabi vaporizing those giant ice structures is a much better feat than simply shattering concrete, so I'll calculate it when I have time.

Therefir said:
I think Dabi vaporizing those giant ice structures is a much better feat than simply shattering concrete, so I'll calculate it when I have time.
The other guy still generated that ice so it would apply to his AP too.

Also sweet.

I remember hearing that the original word for "Quirk" would be more accurately translated to "individuality". That would make a lot more sense with the dialogue in this chapter

This arc has been pretty good for feats.

Though since Tomura's Decay is classified as ignoring durability, I don't think we can calc him destroying the tower, can we?

Do we limit corrosion hax based on what sized object the character has destroyed in canon? Because if so it would still buff Tomura in one way, just not his AP

Oh, btw Twice needs to have one of his weaknesses removed

"He refuses to clone himself and begins to split apart when not wearing his costume"

I really like this arc, though I kinda want to get back to Deku and the others, mainly to see how far he's going with his other OFA powers. But given he just discovered it in-universe wise, we're not gonna be hearing it still for a while.

Aside that, Twice's psychological weakness part ahould be removed that he's overcome it thanks to one of the...association guys? "helping him".

So I was rather confused about the latest chapter, or last chapter, but who was the Shigaraki that destroyed the tower? The real one, or a clone of Twices that he made?

Something tells me that was the real one but I'm rather confused considering Twice earlier made up clones of Compress, Dabi, and Shigaraki so IDEK whose who lol

Same. It definitely gave off the feel that it was the OG/real Shigaraki rather than a clone.

Also, though it's already been somewhat thought up but this arcs been really crazy with all the things these guys can do now. From Himiko being able to use other peoples Quirks and not just become someone appearance wise, to Twice getting over his trauma and going full ham with his clones. And especially, ofc, Shigaraki putting his decay work up to 11 lol.

Curious tho if Dabi, Compress, or Spinner (lol doubtful tho with this one) will get any awesome moments. Well there is one with that ice dood Dabi's fighting rn so maybe he'll show off more when it switches to him or some such.

Twice is legit one of the most powerful characters in the series right now

Legit.

Also looking forward to what Gigantomanchia is gonna do once it reaches everyone. Probably will wreck up the makeshift town if anything lol

Back