• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #7

I guess this method is better since the actual horizon isn't exactly visible.

I have a feeling something will happen to this city, like a giant attack destroys most if not all of it

IMG 20190412 110553

Same here. Honestly it's been a while since I last saw these guys let alone with an arc focused on them.

Things about to go big from here on out lol.

Btw I'm not very up to date with the MHA scaling. So can someone fill me in to what some of the important scaling is currently? Preferably Damage since he's the only one who'll tell me what funny business is going on with the ratings, if any

I haven't paid much attention since the low tiers were rated 9-A for that steel door pulverization and downgraded. Although I do have a brief idea on the idea due to looking over a few calcs and remembering parts of certain discussions.

If you are okay with explaining things to me, I would suggest messaging me on my wall.

Can we change the formatting of Izuku's page to this or something similar

Tier: 9-A | 8-C | 8-C with 5%, higher with 8%, High 8-C with 20%, 8-B with 100% or higher

Attack Potency: Small Building level+ (Can cut through a One-Point Bot with a piece of armor. Superior to Hitoshi Shinsou, who can slightly hurt him) | Building level (After almost a whole year of training, he should be stronger than before. Comparable to the current Shinsou) | Building level with 5% (Able to harm Bakugou in the Final Exams Arc), Building level+ with 8% (Can injure Overhaul, though not very significantly), Large Building level with 20% (Was convinced he could defeat Overhaul with one strike to the head), City Block level+ with 100% or higher (Caused an earthquake that was felt hundreds of meters away). The Iron Soles double the attack potency of his kicks

Key: U.A. Beginnings Saga | Rise of Villains Saga | Post Gran Tarino Training

Unless I'm remembering wrong. Izuku only trained with Gran Torino once and that was during the U.A. Beginning Saga. I don't care how his profile is formatted, but those names make no sense.

Instead of "Post Gran Tarino Training" it should be "With One For All" because we are still in the Rise of Villains Saga.

The fact that Magne believes Muscular caused it does imply that he's that strong. While it's unclear what attack did make the quake, I wouldn't be surprised to say it was Muscular or the 100%.

Didn't Aizawa hear two booms also, I think he did.

Off topic. But Izuku's gloves, which Hatsume made to handle 20%, were breaking during his struggle with Gentle. Wouldn't this support High 8-C Lover Mode Gentle? He was overpowering Izuku, which means most of the force was coming from him.

8% Deku is already bordeline High 8-C, so Lover Mode Gentle being plain High 8-C should be fine.

TheRustyOne said:
The fact that Magne believes Muscular caused it does imply that he's that strong. While it's unclear what attack did make the quake, I wouldn't be surprised to say it was Muscular or the 100%.

Didn't Aizawa hear two booms also, I think he did.
Which attack caused the earthquake is certainly not clear, but the only thing we have to guide us is Magne's comment, that's why I think we should attribute this feat to Muscular instead of Izuku.

I'm not sure, but the earthquake that Aizawa and Magne felt doesn't necessarily have to be the same one. Either way, even if Izuku's 100% were 25% weaker than that feat, he should still be strong enough to cause a similar earthquake.

How about this instead

Tier: 9-A | 8-C | 8-C with 5%, higher with 8%, High 8-C with 20%, 8-B with 100% or higher

Attack Potency: Small Building level+ (Can cut through a One-Point Bot with a piece of armor. Superior to Hitoshi Shinsou, who can slightly hurt him) | Building level (After almost a whole year of training, he should be stronger than before. Comparable to the current Shinsou) | Building level with 5% (Able to harm Bakugou in the Final Exams Arc), Building level+ with 8% (Can injure Overhaul, though not very significantly), Large Building level with 20% (Was convinced he could defeat Overhaul with one strike to the head), City Block level+ with 100% or higher (Caused an earthquake that was felt hundreds of meters away). The Iron Soles double the attack potency of his kicks

Key: U.A. Beginnings Base | Rise of Villains Base | With One For All

Looks fine to me.

Though IIRC the Iron Soles don't really double the power of a single attack, but rather let's Izuku do an attack followed closely by a second attack as the Iron Sole discharges.

@DemonGod That should be okay.

So is everyone fine with attributing the feat to Muscular given Magne's statement?

Yo so the new chapter of MHA (chapter 226) is already out and available on Jaimini's Box, despite only being Thursday.

It's actually super hype imo

@Demon I think 5% and 8% should stay separated, since 8% was basically a permanent powerup to replace 5%.

@Andytrenom

I think they can be grouped together, it's just saying that with 8% Izuku is this strong, but with 5% he is still weaker, he can still use only 5% if he wants

When two ratings are for the character at two different points of times, you usually put them under two keys. That's what the case is essentially for izuku since 8% is a replacement for 5% not an additional option he gained while still keeping 5% relevant.

5% is still an option, I mean he can limit and use different percentages, so 5% is still possible in his current state, there's just no reason to use that low a percent

Yes, it is technically an option, but it's something that Izuku has no reason to use. In essence the deal is the same as if a character simply got stronger in his base form, he wouldn't have his new rating and old rating within the same key.

Back