• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #7

I actually like that idea. Especially because I've always thought that 100% shouldn't be its own key. It's not a usable form, it's a single attack in most cases and I couldn't be more thankful if people stopped making matchups for "8-B Izuku".

I am a fan of my hero acadamia but I am less into the debate side, however, I would like to come to the more informed members for their opinion on an idea I have for the AFO page.

Now here me out, what if there was a composite key for AFO? AFO is a character with an almost constantly shifting arsenal, and I think if there was a composite key would could index all of the powers that we know AFO had at one point. For example, all of the Quirks held by the Nomu or the quirks we have seen him hand out to other people. We have done something similar for other characters that have an even less shifting arsenal. This would also solves the issue that we have a big old blank hole in the powers section under the label of Unknown since we have no idea which powers he held at which points in his prime. Hell, I don't think we could even say it was "Unknown" in the normal sense since his arsenal is always in flux. If anything, it should be "Varies" for both but with just the known powers tacked on lol. Since our job is to index character powers, this would allow us to better do out job, but we should definitely note that it is completely unknown which powers he had at the same time within the canon.

If we make a CRT, obviously i would flush out and stream line this argument, but I just wanna get the idea out there

Found a render for her, should we replace the current one with this?

Mhaoj renders jiro kyouka by fuahmugen dcduhx8-pre

I prefer the consistency of the current anime renders.

You could add that to her gallery though.

@Damage What do you think about changing Izuku's keys according to Aubin's comment?

Well, it would slim down the number of keys which I'm almost always in favor of.

I think it would be fine.

So you guys wanna change Izuku's keys to this

Tier: 9-A, 8-C with 5% OFA, 8-B with 100% OFA | 8-C, higher with 8% OFA, High 8-C with 20% OFA, 8-B with 100% OFA

Key: U.A. Beginnings Saga | Rise of Villains Saga

I do think it makes his profile cleaner

How about using just 5%/8%/20% instead of 5% OFA/8% OFA/20% OFA?

Anyone who's read the series till Full Cowl would know what the percentages mean, they can just find that out from a quick scroll downward as well.

I don't think there's any need to mention the acronyms OFA 5 times in the keys. People will be able to tell what the percentages mean.

Including OFA in the tier is pointless. Anyone who views Deku's profile will either know what the percentages mean or can just scroll down to find out.

This is how Deku's profile would look like after these changes, and to be honest, I find it very difficult to understand, and I don't find it funny to repeat "with 100%" twice in all sections.

Not to mention that although there would be one less key now, all sections are actually much larger than before, and new visitors who didn't read the keys or don't know how they work will feel even more confused, trying to understand why the hell we're separating the percentages, or why 100% is repeated.

The current structure is fine, it is much easier to understand, much fewer words, and just with one additional key.

And I almost forgot to mention that with the structure that DemonGod is proposing we would need to find another feat for Izuku's Lifting Strength at 100%, because the one we are currently using comes from the Rise of Villains Saga.

It's because Izuku unlocked 8% and 20% at different points in time than 5%, with 8% serving as a direct upgrade from 5% as the safe output of OFA he can utilise.

Formatting all OFA percentages in one key gives the wrong impression that all percentages are part of the same form or same version of Izuku in the series's chronology. Which is why 8 and 20% should be under separate keys than 5%.

You're the one who's getting that impression, for me that just means 8% is stronger than 5%, nothing more, and it's not like he couldn't use 5% currently, which is the impression I'm getting with this strange new format.

Also, what will happen when Izuku dominates 20%? Or even higher percentages? Would you create another key like "8-C, High 8-C with 20%, 8-B with 100%"? We would end up repeating the same percentage several times in the same section, making everything even more confusing and difficult to read.

New chapter is out. Shiggy gets a small upgrade.

Chitose's durability is confirmed to be trash.

What's up with Deku's durability in that draft? His durability isn't "City Block level+ with 100%." That level of power will still shatter his bones.

No, that level of power would pulverize his arm, anyway Izuku's durability revision isn't finished yet, so you can ignore that part.

Looking forward to more Shigaraki backstory

I..am having a bit of trouble getting invested in the Liberation assholes. Their motivations are very interesting but the characters are not really as enjoyable as I would have liked. So far at least.

I don't think they were meant to be enjoyable, they're just there to hype Shigaraki and the League of Villains, and show them as the ultimate threat, that's probably the whole point of this arc.

I haven't seen many mangas in which the villain's goals, power and personality develop alongside the protagonist, so I'm going to follow this arc closely to see how it advances, although it's to be expected that the League defeats the Liberation Army, perhaps there would be some surprises, such as the death of one of the members of the League, and Spinner is the one with the biggest death flag right now.

The Might Tower is located in the Roppongi district of Minato, Tokyo, but I have no idea exactly where the Sky Egg is, I just know it's also located in Tokyo.

Also, the timeframe is about 3/5 seconds at most considering that the Sky Egg was already falling before All Might even started to travel there.

https://img.***********.com/cdn/manga/121/5905/10-11.png

https://img.***********.com/cdn/manga/121/5905/13.png

these look impressive

Look at this.

I had a feeling they were going to do that, Twice's clones are now weaker than the original. Even though this wasn't mention when he explained his Quirk to Overhaul while in front of the truth guy.

But they can do what they want.

While we don't know how weak they are, the tiers shouldn't change. Mirio should still be High 8-C for incapacitating 8% Izuku in one hit, while Chisaki scales to Mirio, and Nighteye scales to Chisaki.

Als, even though we don't know how weak the clones are, they shouldn't be weaker by that much. As Twice's clones are able to hurt Skeptic's doubles, which are comparable to Twice himself.

If the clones only have half strength, that means Rappa Clone's dura is 1.56 Tons. Nighteye one shotting it still means he's High 8-C, he just go down to Baseline.

I won't say anything more about this, if you disagree I won't argue against you.

@TheRustyOne; is incapacitating 8% Izuku a High 8-C feat? I didn't think that it was.

Also, one-shotting a clone isn't impressive anymore. You only have to do as much damage as a broken bone to one-shot them.

I feel like starting a discussion and then immediately ducking out of it is a bit unusual :p

The official version of the latest chapter has been released.

Twice confirms that the duplicates he makes are always more fragile than the real thing. Which puts the scaling involving the Rappa clone into questioning.

Just because one verse has bad standards doesn't mean we should also have bad standards.

He should be "At least 8-C+".

Back