• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #7

I have an interesting theory

I'm just waiting for All for One to give Shigaraki "All for One" and then, imagine Shigaraki taking Bakugou's Quirk, that would give some Great Development for Bakugou, since he would put in the same position Deku was, also down the line Deku would have to fight against Shigaraki who's using Bakugou's Quirk, which would make Deku emotional

Just a theory, but I hope it happens

^That was also a theory of mine

I think Bakugo either has to lose his quirk, die, or both

It'd fit with the story and he really does have it coming to him

Okay, I wouldn't go as far as to say "he has it coming".

Anyway, Shigaraki will likely kill at least one major character, who it will be I can only speculate at the moment

I didn't mean it in a way that Bakugo deserves it, just that storywise, he's likely to get put in his place due to all the bullying he's done and how much he's praised for having a great quirk and how he was born special and all the hard work he put in, it just makes sense and it would be dramatic irony, which is great storywise

Shigaraki's body is altered by the doctor to accomodate multiple quirks allowing him to become super OP and wreak so much havoc across Japan that it's infrastructure and population takes an unthinkable hit...

Okay this is a serious theory but likely too specific to actually happen

I've actually grown to like Bakugou, at least as he is now. Earlier in the series I hated his guts. It would be a real shame to see him go, especially with all of his setup to be Deku's rival. Like All Might and Endeavor.

So, that latest chapter...

Shigaraki used to have black hair, kinda looked like Deku, and wanted to be a hero... interesting, also I like that Shigaraki's goal is just to destroy, its simple and evil, however it's the direct contrast to Izuku's desire to be the best hero, one who wants only to destroy and another who wants to protect

Shigaraki's backstory seems very interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes

Aye. Seems his childhood and how the others in his family not being able to help him (at least not in the way they wanted to appear as such to him but it did anyways from his perspective) pretty much F'd up his head.

And it goes downhill from there...

To be fair, I understand where Kotaro is coming from. He's basically a grown up version of that horned kid with no parents that Deku helped, except that he didn't have a Deku that inspired him. He just doesn't want Tenko's future children to grow up like he did, without a parent and feeling that they weren't loved enough for the hero parent to prioritize them over other civilians. "It would have been better if you hated me." I could feel the pain of his life in this line.

Yeah I could understand the father. It probably would have been better for him to have learned the hard way what his father was trying to teach him and he would have been able to understand his father. If he had learned jsut a little sooner it would have been easier for him understand the risks. But it's not his fault his father should have let him get a little lesson in life at a young age.

I wasn't really that bothered by Kotaro's behavior towards Tenko.

Granted he was being very hard on him with that one simple rule he made that Tenko couldn't help but want to strive for, especially after learning his own grandmother was a hero herself. But having been abandoned and losing his parent he never got to see again since hardened him up on that particular aspect.

The only thing here is he was WAY too strict on Tenko for it and the kid was traumatized to hell cuz of it. Not made any less worse when no one in his family were able to really do anything to help him in that situation. At least Kotaro appears to have regretted going too far, but the damage is already done and if the end of this chap is anything to go by, he's more than likely to start manifesting his Quirk.

While Tenko of current story is now a murderous villain and all from his childhood experience and Kotaro is likely for the blame of this if not mainly or partly, I can understand why both turned out the way they act and end up: Nana leaving her child left said kid to not have any guidance or assurance or hope (right?), and Kotaro's treatment over Tenko's dreams and the family's inability to protect him from the former (along with the manifestation of his Quirk and accidentally killing his family, and later his "lessons" from AFO) making him out to be the char we know since the manga's earliest chapters.

Just read it in two mins, maybe just under.

WOOOOOOOOOOW.......damn that's another true definition of something going from 0 to 100 in one chapter in a manga.

Holy Sh*t, this chapter was incredibly gruesome, I got some serious Obito vs the Mist Village Ninjas vibe here, Shigaraki accidentally killing his whole family all at once is terrible, but then, he intentionally murders his father on his own with a smile, and then he realizes he loves that feeling and it makes his itching go away, I think All For One is most definitely behind Shigaraki's quirk, maybe he gave a quirk where he is in constant pain unless he destroys things, regardless all it takes is one bad day to end up like this... ƒæŃæŃæÅ, I gotta give it to Horikoshi, this chapter was f*cking awesome and Shigarakai just became an even better villain, knowing how he enjoyed the destruction of his father, just makes him seem all the more evil

But Jesus that was intense

These chapters also give more context to the coversation he had with Deku all the way back, he got really upset that no one was paying attention to him, and that the Stain was just like him because they both just destroy things they don't like, so what's the difference between him and Stain, which all ties into his backstory, no one ever payed attention to him, no one tried to even think to understand why he did things, no one ever tried to save him, everyone thought he just destroyed for no reason at all, that he had no reason to be mad or disappointed, since Heroes protect society, which just shows how ignorant society is, thinking that Heroes save everyone when they couldn't even save an abused 5 year old, this story just addressed something incredibly smart, while Heroes are great and can stop villains and save people out in the open, people ignore the fact that Heroes can't save those in the quiet, normal people who are getting abused or have dealt with issues on a personal level, that's what Shigaraki hates about the world, that everyone thinks that everyone is protected by Heroes, even tho there are probably billions of Non-Villain related issues in human homes, Shigaraki's mad that society thinks everyone is safe, when he knows first hand, how there are plenty of problems, Heroes can do nothing about, so he'll keep doing what everyone thinks has no reason, he'll keep destroying, because that's who he is, nothing complicated at all, he just enjoys to destroy, even though he has plenty of reason behind his hatred

I don't think it was given, even the narration of the chapter states that the quirk had awakened.

I think it has more to do with the fact that quirks aren't fully understood phenomenas in-universe and there can naturally be exceptions to the "awakens at birth or by age 4" rule since that's just the usual situation

Tomura's Quirk did awaken prior to this chapter but it was incredibly minor; he partially decayed the tennis ball he was throwing to his dog in the previous chapter.

Regarding this chapter, I particularly liked how it wasn't just a kid's power going out of control and destroying everything while the kid himself had no say in the matter. Shigaraki actively wished for his father's death and harboured resentment towards the rest of his family which I believe is a more interesting and less cliche (even tho I don't like using that word much) way of writing a scene like this

This chapter convinced me there is no chance for a redemption of Shigaraki, which is good imo, I'm tired of the Shonen hero forgiving and redeeming the villain

It's been about 5 months since we've seen Deku and I'm still Ok with that, our Main Antagonist needs developement just like our Main Protagonist, I hope we get more Shigarki and the Villains story arcs in the future

I had this thought for a while that Shigaraki would not get any redemption considering what he's done and rn with knowing how his family turned out, even more so. Though while I can't see anything for him to be good and it's really doubtful AND very OoC if it were to happen, I CAN however understand why not given all that's shown and why it turned out as such.

I do wonder what Deku and the others will be like once we get back to them from Shigaraki and the others. While it's been drawing out for quite a bit ish, I like it in a way that it shows up what's happening more with the side of the villains than that with the heroes. Almost acting like a complete breather arc by switching perspectives and staying for a while before going back to the main one.

Man, I think it's great that once the anime catches up to this part, we're going to have an entire arc without the main character being present. I bet the anime onlies will be really surprised.

I can't wait to see Shigaraki destroy everything in the anime, it will look sooo cool

On another note, will Shigaraki defeat Redestro, he has to right? He said he was going too, but the whole point of the mission was to tire out giganto machia, and I don't know if that's gonna happen

So someone has made a Re-Destro profile. It's good enough but I think his tier could be higher if his shockwave feat is calculated, and he may need one or two additional images for his forms as well

Back