• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #7

Me too. I think I already mentioned this but Twice is my favorite villain in the whole manga because of his backstory and motives that ultimately come down to a desire to help his friends

Please be a tier 7 quake. Please be a tier 7 quake. Please be a tier 7 quake...

I just read the new chapter. Man even more shit is going down, and so far the remaining LoV's only had one near causality (Toga) kek.

And damn to Shigaraki getting his hand busted from Rikiya, who seems to really have some rage power + size enlarging Quirk. Nice.

That earthquake one, yeah I'm thinking Gigantomachia as well. Especially since last chapter has him up and making his way towards where everyone else is at.

"And so, with her small voice, the woman appealed to the world

"This is just my child's individuality!" she said"

Can't help but think of how much more emotional the dialogue would have been were it not for the translation. Although I realize that "quirks" worked better in most other cases

> "This is just my child's individuality!" she said"

The line sounds a lot lamer like that.

Really? "This is just my child's quirk" sounds she's trying to be humorous more than trying to make a desperate appeal to people

That moment when you're not English so the line sounds cool regardless because everything sounds cooler in a different language OvO

"Everything sounds cool in a foriegn language" implies you don't actually fluently speak the language in question

Personally I think the dialogue is actually quite sad when you replace "quirk" with "individuality".

Individuality sounds comical to me.

Who actually talks like that? I understand the point they're trying to make, it's just what makes her child unique or something. But the wording they use sounds really off.

I perfer quirk, but I think that entire sentence needs to be reworded to something better.

Can't say much other than "I disagree" then. Individuality seems like the word that fits the most here.

And if the idea is that the words of the mother inspired a movement of sorts that rebranded superpowers to become something that was a normal part of society, then "individuality" seems like it would more logically have that effect than "quirk"

Quirk a word actually sounds weird/lame and odd to me tbh.

It doesn't make me think of differences and diversity like individualism. The context is perfect for individualism because it fits with the fact that her child should be accepted as different

Just read the new chapter.

Seeing more of Shigaraki's past is a pretty bummer feeling to it, knowing that the dood had such a loving family only to one day kill them by accident. :(

He's a still a villain but starting to pity the guy now knowing he's had to live with that fact since.

Rikiya's also becoming more hulk like-ish in the chapter too, just going straight power with that stress quirk of his and sending Shigaraki flying across the town.

And Gigantomachia coming into the fray is gonna be pretty interessting for how it'll go from there.

Kinda felt short-ish to me but still nice chapter read.

@Tetsucabrah: Point. This time it just felt short compared to the previous chapters.

Maybe cuz there wasn't really much else to this like before I guess (shrugs)

Two things I noticed in this chapter, one, Shigaraki didn't have any plans for his future as a child since this is implied by the "scene" with Hana. Two, He cried a lot as a child. These two things make Shigaraki even a biggest foil to Izuku than he was before

Oh, and can anyone deduce where Redestro's feat would put him?

I did a rough calc that got me 8-A results, though I treated the attack like an explosion and I'm unsure if that's correct.

Also something that's pretty cool.

Izuku (Chapter 1): "Back then, what I wanted you to say was..."

Tomura (Chapter 234): "Back then, what I wanted them to say was..."

Back