• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mundus is actually universal, and I can prove it.

Thats right, Matt was dead wrong, and while tearing down universal DMC might have been well intentioned (I doubt it since he seemed either like he was very biased or hadn't played the games/forgotten them) his argument has some huge flaws and is only convincing to someone who has never played DMC1 or doesn't have good recollection/understanding of it, and furthermore he seems completely unaware that DMC1 has a HUGE reason to have discrepancies with the rest of the series 2,3, & 4(though it has no major contradictions anyway the problem is trying to Frankenstein DMC3 manga story into DMC1 quotes which can get very messy as Matt demonstrated in the DMC revisions thread). Case in point Matt's previous comments about the Pluto quote from DMC1: "There isn't, it's more likely someone else (Pluto) did, and Mundus stood against him wanting the worlds to be one again."

That you take Pluto as some other entity more powerful than Mundus from a quote in DMC1 shows severe lack of understanding of some elements of DMC and EXTREME misinterpretation, but I will explain that later only if someone wants me 2, pointing that out isn't my goal here and it's only one of several gross inaccuracies Matt fumbled around.

Anyway like I said that's a bit off topic, what I'm here to say is that I can prove it's a universal feat beyond a reasonable doubt, and even totally excluding the author statement I can prove it is at minimum a galaxy creation feat, not teleportation.

Actually read my points and I'm confident you will be convinced by what I have to say, I have played all four games and done extensive research on all other canon material of the series, so please read on.

Before I get to my major points I wanted to start off with a small feat thats just indicative that this kind of thing is anything but irregular in DMC ESPECIALLY KAMIYA'S DMC1 and furthermore adds to Mundus consistency in powers of creation. So to begin with Mundus can casually create a demon which is capable of creating its own dimension, and in turn this dimension is noteworthy enough to have evil spirits which rule it:

Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Nightmare:

"When you are surrounded in its gel-like form, you will be teleported into an evil dimension. You must defeat the evil spirits that rule the dimension. The evil is a reflection of Dante's trauma that rests in his subconscious." I know this has already been posted just really fits the theme here. On to my main points.

POINT 1: When the marble Zeus style statue of Mundus sitting on the throne shatters that is literally Mundus breaking free of Sparda's inprisonment/sealing for the first time and I'm not just saying that, the manual says Sparda sealed him in this marble vault. The entire time Mundus had been sealed demons lacked an effective way to cross into the human universe, since only he possessed the kind of power to enable demons (esp powerful ones) to enter a realm that was so unnatural for them, it severely weakens any demon. Further proof of Mundus power is that without the blade of Sparda Dante cannot effectively harm Mundus without aid. The 1st fight is LITERALLY the first time we see Mundus with no restrictions so I don't know how you can logically call anything Mundus does at this point an OUTLIER since this is the only time we see him active in the demon world (where demons are more powerful) at what we assume is close to or at full power and even when he is exerting minimal power in the human world while imprisoned (only able to manifest as three orbs and a disembodied voice) he is still capable of instantly destroying a powerful elite demon Griffon (even more impressive since he is one of the elite demons brazen enough to rebel against Mundus in the DMC2 novel). This also ties in to why there are demon bosses on Mallet Island and if you've been following me so far you're maybe asking yourself, then why are there demon bosses on Mallet island when they need Mundus? As the DMC1 intro states Mundus only recently awakened, his powers were sealed by Sparda, and he has since been preparing to take control of the human world as he attempted before. Although Mundus has been regaining his powers he was still visibly wounded when he broke the seal which implies either he still had not yet fully recovered from his battle and sealing by Sparda, or that it left him permanently damaged and likely weaker. In either case he was still regaining power during the events of DMC1, otherwise he would have simply squished Dante before he had a chance to awaken the full potential of force edge, transforming it into the sword of Sparda. Instead since he is only at partial strength (still powerful enough to send many demons through which is further evidenced by Mundus' instant obliteration of Griffon) he sends his lackeys to kill Dante and as we all know at least one of them was fully capable of the task. Mundus full powers are never displayed until he completely breaks free of his ensealment during the final fight with Dante, so calling anything he does during this one instance at full power an outlier is actually meaningless since its a) the only time we see him in action except for the second fight where he is wounded and in the human world so it cannot be a character outlier and b) we only ever see one other demon god in the entire series who also ruled the demon realm, Argosax and he didn't really need a universal feat to tell you how powerful he was, Mundus already did that for you and the entire plot and story is setting him up to be stronger than Mundus....the proof? Sparda only exorcised Argosax back into Hell with the aid of a clan of half-demon female demon hunters just like Sparda's own children and before you bring up any DMC3 lore into this remember DMC3 wasn't out yet lol...and lastly even if the inconsistency was inexcusable which it isn't as I've shown, DMC1 is Kamiya's only game in the Devil May Cry series, he got the boot after that and Itsuno's been running the show ever since. The creative mind behind DMC1 and the backbone of DMC lore isn't the same as the one who gave us 2,3,4 so if you're gonna be talking about series outliers at least keep that in mind.

POINT 2: Another glaring reason he is creating his own universe is Mundus and Dante don't blink out and reappear somewhere else nothing indicates a teleportation, watch the scene. First off, notice how Dante enters into the Marble vault Sparda sealed Mundus in, if you play the game in the level be4 this fight you'll see the entire level is standard DMC hell environment its an organic fleshy interior, no open atmosphere or outer space like portion of Hell is ever shown, no stars are ever seen in DMC1's hell. The entrance of the Marble vault is starkly contrasted against the wall it's attached to and its surroundings which again are organic, fleshy, and pulsing. In the moment when Mundus breaks free we see the marble frame of the vault erasing in a wave as it is engulfed by the new reality, a sea of stars, that Mundus is creating in real time (Mundus creates dimension). It's obvious Mundus is changing the environment and reality around them, not teleporting them, no gateway portal opens up like what happens when Mundus ACTUALLY crosses over into the human world (Mundus ACTUALLY teleports to human world). The evidence speaks for itself, immediately after he even starts bragging about how he can make an infinite number of Dante's mother why on earth would anyone interpret this as teleportation over creation? But if you're still trying to convince yourself of that I have one question to ask.....where then is he teleporting to?? I can promise you one thing: it's not the outer space humans of the DMC verse look up to at night. Why? Because the human realm/universe weakens demons and the entire purpose of this creation feat(or teleport if you're still clinging to that) is to serve as a battleground for Dante and Mundus. Mundus and Dante later showcase the weakness it causes in their 2nd fight in the human world, he even says it himself when he ACTUALLY enters the human world calling Dante's powers weak here. Just in case anyone missed that I'm gonna spell it out Mundus himself proves the universe/galaxy fight was not in the human universe by commenting during their second fight on Dante being weaker here(in the human realm) as opposed to the setting of their first battle and we never see or hear reference of any realm or biome of hell with stars. Now to the two other things, first like I said before we actually have an example of what it looks like when Mundus wants to cross into another dimension first we see the portal with many sigils flashing across it, and a few moments later Mundus literally rips through with his hands, quite unlike what occurs in the marble vault wouldn't you say?

So he either created a new dimension which quickly engulfed Dante and Mundus (thereby quickly removing any trace of the vault and hell) that contains a universe or at minimum galaxy and may or may not be connected to the demon world but does follow at least one of the same rules as the demon realm(full demonic potential), but otherwise displays none of the same characteristics OR its still just the demon realm BUT WAIT THERES MORE!: even if it still is the same demon realm he would have completely transformed and replaced the organic living hell to this new ocean of stars since the organic and fleshy hellscape that was literally clinging to the vault's entrance is gone no trace of that entire realm can be seen which means he would have reformed that entire universe in an instant. In the case of it being the same universe you do have to account for it changing back which makes the other option more more likely imo but it can still be easily explained. Since Mundus is still very much alive and attacked Dante again in the human world not long after its very possible he reverted it back to its former state though again I think it's more likely it was a new dimension that collapsed. And lastly if it was a teleport as others have mentioned......Dante wouldn't have reappeared back in the vault.

I hope you found my argument as convincing as I do and I leave you to take your pick on how to interpret the creation feat, just please don't try and tell me you still legitimately believe it's teleportation LOL!

And as for Kamiya's universal comment I wanted to say something about this 2 but left it at the end since I thought it was most important to let you see my argument and interpretation of that scene and secondarily make you reconsider Kamiya's credibility afterward.

So yeah Kamiya trolls trolls and sometimes well intentioned innocents rather liberally as well, but if you pay attention to his twitter feed there's no denying he also frequently gives sincere responses and answers. The only reason he trolls legitimate questions(not vs questions) about his games is because hes tired of answering the same ones. I'm not going to defend him for doing that to legit fans of his but I will say it's bull to throw out everything he says because of that when theres plenty of evidence of sincere answers which are collaborated by the games which the universal one most certainly is. AND EVEN IF YOU'RE STILL NOT WILLING TO ACCEPT UNIVERSAL AND YOU SAY IT'S A TROLL ANSWER, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO FIND WHERE HE SAYS IT WAS A TELEPORT

@Weekly

Any information on the wiki is publicly accessible by anybody.

@OP May the force be with you :^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back