• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Wanked character, in your opinion.V2

TShadow-Ragna said:
Uniasha said:
AngeronTheSkyHighAnger said:
Really? How much if I may ask?
They ACTUALLY think he can solo all of Animal Crossing. Craziest shit I've ever seen.
The most idiotic claim i've seen so far is the "Doomguy solos Warhammer 40k demons and chaos gods"
the****
Isn't that a little to much wank? I mean yeah Doomguy kills demons but it doesn't mean he can kill every single demon?
That's like saying the Goblin Slayer from the Goblin Slayer anime can kill all goblins. When in reality, that is not the case.

MilesTheMorales1 said:
DB wanked Obi-Wan by comparing him to non-canon legends characters to say he can move singularities.
Using a non-canon version of a character is not wank, unless you're using some cameo, crossover version who has no place in another property.

What would be wank would is saying that Obi-Wan can move a singularity just because someone compared to him could. Because that ignores the fact that individual Jedi and Sith can have different specialities and expertise while still being around the same levels of power.

>db says strongest versions

>they din't include DMS because it's outside help

>uses legends even tho it's debatably non-canon

seems iffy to me

There's a difference between not allowing outside help and allowing non-canon material though...

I mean, Death Battle uses non canon feats all the time. Like using Rami Spider-man's grenade tanking feat.

Zencha9 said:
>uses legends even tho it's debatably non-canon
Legends isn't "debatably non-canon", it is firmly non-canon according to first George Lucas and now the Lucasfilm Group.

Except they also have thing about outside help, which is something Kakashi needs to get DMS. I mean, they didn't let Vegeta get SS4 for the same reason way back when.

Plus, DB has used non canon stuff all the time to get gauges on various characters. In Black Panther vs Batman, they literally say the looked through comics, movies, tv shows and more for Batman to see if he could get around BP's suit.

It also helps that EU/Legends Obi-Wan was the canon version until 2014.

Except they also have thing about outside help, which is something Kakashi needs to get DMS. I mean, they didn't let Vegeta get SS4 for the same reason way back when.

Plus, DB has used non canon stuff all the time to get gauges on various characters. In Black Panther vs Batman, they literally say the looked through comics, movies, tv shows and more for Batman to see if he could get around BP's suit.

And they did do to claim Batman would never build or use a sound gun.

Despite using clips in earlier episodes of him using a sound gun.

There's a reason we don't take DB very seriously around here.

The Wright Way said:

That was from the DCEU movie tho

And they use the comics versions

The Wright Way said:

DB's alien x vs hal jordan was worse than this

@Omega Actually, I was talking about The Dark Knight animated movie. Also, they've explicitly used feats from both so don't give me that. And they made the claim that he never used a sound gun in the same paragraph where they claimed they used all Batman media.

I don't like death battle anymore, I used to like them in their older days. But now a days, they just cater to whatever is popular in order to get those death battles out frequently or often.

The Wright Way said:
@Omega Actually, I was talking about The Dark Knight animated movie. Also, they've explicitly used feats from both so don't give me that. And they made the claim that he never used a sound gun in the same paragraph where they claimed they used all Batman media.
The quote is actually "Wiz: It's certainly believable that Wayne had the ABILITY to develop a gun that could overload the Panther Habit. But even if he could, he never would wield it in the first place, thanks to his rejection of all firearms."

Batman has used non-lethal sonic weapons efore. SO don't give me that.

Kwonto96 said:
I don't like death battle anymore, I used to like them in their older days. But now a days, they just cater to whatever is popular in order to get those death battles out frequently or often.
Why do people actually think this is a legit complaint

The quote is actually "Wiz: It's certainly believable that Wayne had the ABILITY to develop a gun that could overload the Panther Habit. But even if he could, he never would wield it in the first place, thanks to his rejection of all firearms."

They also claimed that they couldn't find a single example in his entire media library. That's what I've been repeatedly pointing out.

The Wright Way said:
They also claimed that they couldn't find a single example in his entire media library. That's what I've been repeatedly pointing out.
"Boomstick: Long story short, that Vibranium got Batman stumped. He just didn't have anything in that belt of his that could get around it.

Wiz: We scoured the comics, movies, tv shows and more to see if Batman had any possible way of countering the vibranium. While he's used hundreds of clever gadgets over the years, we were actually very surprised to find that he had no reliable method of getting around armor like that.

Boomstick: Take a look at Batman's fights with Bane, he doesn't have armor, but he's physically superior to Bats, just like Black Panther is. And what does Batty always do to beat him? Aim for the weak spot. But guess what? Black Panther doesn't have a weak spot..."

They stated tha tBatman had no way to overcome the vibranium armor. Which is true unless you grant him something stupidly non-standard like the hellbat. This is a classic example of a misconception being used against the show. Never once did they actually say anything about Batman never using sonic guns. Hell, they don't ever talk about sonic devices in the episode.

i just rewatched ragna vs sol a few moments ago and

holy cow i remembered why i disliked db that was everything i hated in db in just one video

Zencha9 said:
i just rewatched ragna vs sol a few moments ago and
holy cow i remembered why i disliked db that was everything i hated in db in just one video
I can name a few why you might hate it, it is the fact that they didn't do any concrete research for both Guilty Gear AND BlazBlue even though quite a few of their games and other media is out and would have helped with the information or rather could have had help from the hardcore fans of the games, or that they mocked both of the series by keep saying "No one knows" even though with BlazBlue had three games along with light novels kinda explained some of the plot points.

These are the many reasons why I didn't like that episode, also that Nick who was making it kept going on and on when he is mocking Arc System games and every opputunity has a potshot at them.

Just rewatched the episode, let me clarify further.

At one point, the note that the suit can only take so many focused sound blasts before overloading. After the fight, they claim that Batman wouldn't build a gun that could overload the suit, despite showing clips of sound guns being in his arsenal in the past. That's where I believe the misconception comes from.

Regardless, we're derailing.

My major hangups with DB are their flip-flopping on how to hand continuity. Sometimes they dismiss feats because they're non-canon but will use feats and things from multiple medias/continuities to basically make a composite.

I also don't like how they compare certain character to others with the whole "They're stated to be around the same level or comparable, so they should be capable of the same things." That kind of attitude completely negates any analysis of skill or differences between characters. EX: Just because Hal Jordan is the greatest Green Lantern, or one the greatest, doesn't mean he can do everything they do and even if can, doesn't mean he would. Mindset effects a lot of how Lanterns use and create their constructs.

It's like saying, seen one Green Lantern, seen them all.

C2 of Omegon said:
My major hangups with DB are their flip-flopping on how to hand continuity. Sometimes they dismiss feats because they're non-canon but will use feats and things from multiple medias/continuities to basically make a composite.
I also don't like how they compare certain character to others with the whole "They're stated to be around the same level or comparable, so they should be capable of the same things." That kind of attitude completely negates any analysis of skill or differences between characters. EX: Just because Hal Jordan is the greatest Green Lantern, or one the greatest, doesn't mean he can do everything they do and even if can, doesn't mean he would. Mindset effects a lot of how Lanterns use and create their constructs.

It's like saying, seen one Green Lantern, seen them all.
That's not necessarily fair? Green Lanterns' powers all come from the exact same weapon with the exact same power source. Even if it's not in-character, it is something he should be capable of.

Regardless, I agree with Wright. If we wanna discuss this we should move to the DB discussion thread.

DB's alien x vs hal jordan was worse than this

Nobody mentions Sasuke vs Hiei?

Yes planetary Yu Yu Hakusho is classic wank - statements with only 2 proofs: one is just legit multi-continent, another is some country level feat wanked to planet level.

Yes. Planet Hiei and Yusuke and Yomi is wank.

I heard they got a cloud calc to 5-B in that fight. Is this legit?

Planck69 said:
I heard they got a cloud calc to 5-B in that fight. Is this legit?
The Rooster Teeth/ crew have had their calc. Just contradicting with what previously calculated and accepted by the other vs community.

I am surprised not even that many Naruto fans are screaming bias on this one, when Naruto and Sasuke are the two main characters.

Back