• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most downplayed character, in your opinion

Back for another one.

Blue Archive. Literally treated as irrelevant. Seriously, some of you nerds need to implement the verse into this site!

Sonic (Game) as a verse. Especially within the Death Battle community. Solaris is viewed as Low 2-C while Super Sonic, Super Shadow, and Super Silver are (at most) that level.

A lot of feats are considered outliers, wank, or taken out of context. It's weird, but Mario is considered 2-A - 6D with nearly no fight at all. But if you so much as suggest Super Sonic is 2-C (nevermind above that), you'll be ridiculed and laughed out the room.

It's just weird how scrutinized Sonic is in contrast to other characters.

Touhou Project is another one where people believe they're Subsonic and City Level. Even then, City Level is considered wank in a lot of places.
Yeah, I've seen people heavily downplay Super Sonic compared to DBS characters (even though Super Sonic has less anti-feats)

Yeah, I've seen people heavily downplay Super Sonic compared to DBS characters (even though Super Sonic has less anti-feats)

It's not just anti-feats weirdly enough (as I don't see many people talk about them). People genuinely just downplay or dismiss information. Sonic is the Mario & Dragon Ball punching bag outside of Vswiki to the point people straight up say it's a stomp, like damn. No clue why he's (and everyone else from the cast) are viewed so weakly.

It's not just anti-feats weirdly enough (as I don't see many people talk about them). People genuinely just downplay or dismiss information. Sonic is the Mario & Dragon Ball punching bag outside of Vswiki to the point people straight up say it's a stomp, like damn. No clue why he's (and everyone else from the cast) are viewed so weakly.
I've seen someone downplay Super Sonic because the Titans in Frontiers are big robots and The End is a moon

Oh hey it's been a while

Touhou downplay has actually gotten a lot better, given that I've now seen infinite speed accepted more broadly. Still woefully underhaxed though; Most people just look at Sakuya and Yukari and go "good enough" without digging much deeper into the specific verse mechanics that make Touhou arguably one of the strongest verses in any given tier. It's to the point where Literally Just a Regular Guy can absorb souls and people's powers, resurrect from the dead, telepathically project their will after dying, manifest their thoughts into reality, or turn into a youkai, spirit, or god through a variety of different methods.

Back for another one.

Blue Archive. Literally treated as irrelevant. Seriously, some of you nerds need to implement the verse into this site!
Me and @FantaRin_The_First are doing the god work with Blue Archive atm so you will be pleased, in fact the verse are almost ready to be published, need more adjustment
Next is Goddess of Victory: Nikke by us tho more peoples can join with us WinkatVietthai

Me and @FantaRin_The_First are doing the god work with Blue Archive atm so you will be pleased, in fact the verse are almost ready to be published, need more adjustment
Next is Goddess of Victory: Nikke by us tho more peoples can join with us WinkatVietthai

Good... work until it's finished, no breaks!

Pretty cool. I'm bad at calcs, so all I can really do is just keep an eye out for whatever abilities are shown in BA once the game is on Vswiki. Don't play Nikke, so I can't do anything for that.

I'm waiting someone can release the verse page first and probably a discussion thread, i'm lazy at making a long page like verse page, the other shitty fact that i hate the game do not archive event story, many important scans are in those events

Sonic (Game) as a verse. Especially within the Death Battle community. Solaris is viewed as Low 2-C while Super Sonic, Super Shadow, and Super Silver are (at most) that level.

A lot of feats are considered outliers, wank, or taken out of context. It's weird, but Mario is considered 2-A - 6D with nearly no fight at all. But if you so much as suggest Super Sonic is 2-C (nevermind above that), you'll be ridiculed and laughed out the room.

It's just weird how scrutinized Sonic is in contrast to other characters.
It mostly left over spite and pettiness from the OBD (which essentially got assimilated into the Death Battle community) where it's was perfectly normal to ridicule, mock and berate the Sonic franchise for the "crimes" committed by the "evil" Sonic fandom plus the normie bait and suspension of belief that in fiction that a blue hedgehog can indeed be strong (rather than more human looking characters).

Also the scrutiny isn't just limited in the Vs community, Sonic games in general get far harsher critic than games that are objectively worse, I mean the newest Pokémon games (Scarlet and Violet) are a coding mess of lag, glitches and even crashes yet the criticism has been relatively tame, the games sold 20 + million copies globally (despite being a Switch exclusive), they got away with charging paid DLC without actually properly fixing a buggy game (there were smaller patches that mostly got rid of beneficial bugs ofc) and now Pokémon fans have to wait until October until the first major bug fixing patch comes out meanwhile people immediately dunked on Frontiers with the beta footage already calling it the next "Sonic 06/Boom Rise of Lyric" then when the game actually came out despite having it's fair share of issues the overall preformce was significantly more stable than SV and most importantly it had more consistent performance and graphics on top of that Sega have been communicating closely with the Sonic fandom, been quick on the updates and even been very responsive to the feedback with the cherry on top being free DLC yet despite all the goodwill and positive reviews/vibes Sonic Frontiers only sold 3.75 million+ copies globally (as a multi-platformer release).

So we take two of the five biggest and most iconic video game franchises of all time that both went "Open world" ; one releases a game that's extremely poorly optimised, is slow to respond to feedback, charges paid DLC before actually properly fixing the game and yet the game sells extremely well despite being a platform exclusive while the other releases a game that's decently optimized, is quick to response to feedback, gives free DLC while also working on fixing the issues with the game and yet only sells decently well despite being available on multiple platforms.

Geez I wonder why?

Tl;dr: Pardon the rant but being a Sonic fan is rough thanks to all the negative stigma online (tho being a Pokémon fan isn't much better these days).

It mostly left over spite and pettiness from the OBD (which essentially got assimilated into the Death Battle community) where it's was perfectly normal to ridicule, mock and berate the Sonic franchise for the "crimes" committed by the "evil" Sonic fandom plus the normie bait and suspension of belief that in fiction that a blue hedgehog can indeed be strong (rather than more human looking characters).

OBD? Though I don't really see a whole lot berating outside of calling Sonic fans wankers and delusional. It is weird when people have a hard time believing Sonic is strong in this day and age, but ah well.

Also the scrutiny isn't just limited in the Vs community, Sonic games in general get far harsher critic than games that are objectively worse, I mean the newest Pokémon games (Scarlet and Violet) are a coding mess of lag, glitches and even crashes yet the criticism has been relatively tame, the games sold 20 + million copies globally (despite being a Switch exclusive), they got away with charging paid DLC without actually properly fixing a buggy game (there were smaller patches that mostly got rid of beneficial bugs ofc) and now Pokémon fans have to wait until October until the first major bug fixing patch comes out meanwhile people immediately dunked on Frontiers with the beta footage already calling it the next "Sonic 06/Boom Rise of Lyric" then when the game actually came out despite having it's fair share of issues the overall preformce was significantly more stable than SV and most importantly it had more consistent performance and graphics on top of that Sega have been communicating closely with the Sonic fandom, been quick on the updates and even been very responsive to the feedback with the cherry on top being free DLC yet despite all the goodwill and positive reviews/vibes Sonic Frontiers only sold 3.75 million+ copies globally (as a multi-platformer release).

So we take two of the five biggest and most iconic video game franchises of all time that both went "Open world" ; one releases a game that's extremely poorly optimised, is slow to respond to feedback, charges paid DLC before actually properly fixing the game and yet the game sells extremely well despite being a platform exclusive while the other releases a game that's decently optimized, is quick to response to feedback, gives free DLC while also working on fixing the issues with the game and yet only sells decently well despite being available on multiple platforms.

Geez I wonder why?

Tl;dr: Pardon the rant but being a Sonic fan is rough thanks to all the negative stigma online (tho being a Pokémon fan isn't much better these days).

To be fair. Pokémon is one of, if not the, biggest franchises in the world. At this stage, they can sell a game with a one second long level and probably still make loads of money off of it. But nonetheless, you are definitely right. In nearly every aspect of the Sonic franchise, you have people tearing it apart, subjugating it to scrutiny, etc. The first gameplay trailer of Frontiers was... awful. But I noticed when the game came out, people legit refused to see any good aspects about it. They just claimed Sonic fans would like anything given to them which is like... ight. Objectively not true, but okay.

Doesn't help the Sonic fanbase is also fairly toxic. Someone legit got doxxed, and all they ever did was praise Sonic by calling him adorable.

Its honestly a semi hot take. I buy it, but idk about 6D Mario outright. I get why others dont see it however

I know very little about Mario. From what I've seen as evidence, I don't really buy higher dimensional Mario. Though my point isn't Mario gets wanked (I'd have no clue if he does/doesn't). It's that people are so willing to accept questionable aspects about his scaling without so much as batting an eye. But with Sonic, there is ALWAYS a catch.

Geez I wonder why?

It's best not toogive what other people think too much thought. If they don't like Sonic that's their loss.

For the fact that this thread is still alive amazes me. I legit forgot about this until I started receiving notifications a couple weeks ago. Lol

In that case, let me join in on the conversation and put down Kratos. He is wanked but also downplayed at the same time. People would use illogical game anti feats and game mechanics to put him at Continent Level. That's like saying Mortal Kombat characters have Low-Mid to Mid regeneration because even though they are getting their skull fractured, ribs broken, muscle teared, and brains smashed, they still get back up like its nothing.

4 people said mario is 6D tops get real, 2-A mario is debatable either way. r/DBM is rightfully skeptical about it. While codexwiki has hum at low 1-C somehow

My point wasn't where Mario scales, I don't really care... pretty sure I even stated I had no clue where he scales? My point was the difference in how people view Sonic vs how people view Mario. Mario is shown a lot less resistance when it comes to his higher tier scaling while Sonic is viewed with way more skeptism on those subs. Again... Sonic is the literal definition of a punching bag in contrast to Mario on those subs.

Talking about skill only, Totally accurated battle simulator verse entirely, they have a lot of skill feats in the verse but is usually downplayed thanks to the characters having no strategic thinking and never tring to dodge

The exact number is like, 37 as of now
This is finally getting fixed.

Back