• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most downplayed character, in your opinion

Actually, wow. Even now, I'm finding Pokemn vs Digimon battles where Digimon is getting Downplayed H A R D
Space Battles has the Creation Pokemon going against the Royal Knights:

"Sinnoh Legendary and weather trio's feat were far greater than anything a Royal Knight ever pulled in any media. I mean, the Dialga from Sinnoh special on PM series can pretty much turn the entire Royal Knight into eggs and crush them. Yvetal has even better advantage over them due to its dark nature. Complete Zygarde was also much stronger than any individual Royal Knight. Even the weak Arceus from the movie was much stronger than Yggdrasil. FYI : Digital World never been proven to be an universe, it always been treated as a dimension within Earth cyberspace such as Network World, Cyberverse Eden and Internet where Omegamon fought Diabolomon. Honestly it's sad how pokemon are constantly downplayed even when their canonical feat are far better digimon headcanon."

or..

"None of people on Pokemon are normal ether, Ash has shown more superhuman feat than Marcus yet he can't punch Pokemon as easily as Marcus does."

Explain how Ash not being able to punch out a Pokemon like Marcus punches out a Digimon proves that Ash is stronger than Marcus... Please..

"Arceus is not featless, if anything the new Legends and anime given it even bigger feats than Yggdrasil who's only feat is resetting the Digital World.
Saver Yggdrasil was the only Yggdrasil that had any offensive power and he was just Kyugre(assuming they mean Kyogre) level at best."

This is something I expect to see in threads from like... 2008 to like... 2015. Not 2022 lol
Arceus vs King Drasil
This is what happens when people do not accept dimension scaling a thing.
Ash Ketchum vs Masaru Daimon
But when Masaru shows more direct feats in besting Digimon than Ash Ketchum does to Pokémon, this does at least show Masaru Daimon -mon is stronger than Ash. This is even just intuitive thoughts available after watching the anime.

Last edited:
But even in some places like Death Battle that doesn't accepts dimension tiering has Digimon at multiverse+
Technically Death Battle has god tier Digimon characters at "two universe" level.
Wiz: Over time, he (Taichi Yagami and Agumon - oh I mean this Taichi Yagami and Agumon) learned the humility and responsibility necessary to successfully lead the Digi-Destined against Apocalymon, basically the physical embodiment of the recycle bin, and save both the digital and real worlds from being deleted forever.
Boomstick: Yeah, these kids were called the Digi-Destined for a reason, and together they had enough power to stop an attack which could've wiped out both the digital and real worlds, and this is the power Agumon's using to Digivolve.

Without dimension scaling, however, Arceus vs King Yggy would actually turn out to be space-time overlord vs space-sand-space-only overlord. Quite ironic.

Last edited:
That's technically not a god tier Digimon character, I meant this one.

Btw, wrong link, that's the 2020 reboot character. Death Battle used this Taichi.
(Thanks for the reminders.)

Great. Death Battle has not yet even brought up the god-god tier Digimon.

Back to Digimon, ... well is the Gen 1 and Gen 5 the most known Digimon generation? Which are the most famous and what are your most favorite? And which generation is the weakest? And... really back to topic, which is the most downplayed?

Back to Digimon, ... well is the Gen 1 and Gen 5 the most known Digimon generation? Which are the most famous and what are your most favorite? And which generation is the weakest? And... really back to topic, which is the most downplayed?
Digimon don't really have generations. Speaking of anime people mostly talks about seasons like Adventure, 02, Tamers (3rd season), Data Squad (5th season). Of course there are game and manga series too. Adventure (1st) and Tamers(3rd) are most famous ones but my favorite is Data Squad/Savers (5th).

Personally I think characters from Frontier anime are most downplayed, mostly because some people only remember the final villain destroying 3 Moons and scales them to only that level (Doesn't helps that even we had the legendary warriors minus the final form as low tier here compared to other seasons, and their upgrade CRT haven't been applied yet)

Last edited:
Digimon is less "generations" and more "These things are all happening in alternate universes and timelines"

As far as weakest goes, that would have to be the Appmons
Tamers (Which takes place in a universe where the events of Adventure 01 and 02 are fiction) is probably my favorite.
Savers/Data Squad gets downplayed a lot because Masaru can punch Digimon, treating that as "Digimon are weak" rather than "Wow, this kid is strong"
Him and his dad were both out of the ordinary.
I think the strongest Digimon series so far is XrossWars/Hunters, but that one doesn't get talked about a lot because they basically ditched Digivolution for Fusion. Nothing but Shoutmon X 3-7

I think the strongest Digimon series so far is XrossWars/Hunters, but that one doesn't get talked about a lot because they basically ditched Digivolution for Fusion. Nothing but Shoutmon X 3-7
Also outside of anime, counting main villain strongest would be Cyber Sleuth since Mother Eater.

But only counting Digimon character I personally think either Next or Chronicle X are the strongest.

Back to downplayed characters.

Try to comment:

We used to think universe level Dante (and by extent god tier Devil May Cry) is wank. Now it is considered downplay thanks to Peak of Combat.

However, there are still people convincing their downplay on Dante (likely island, at most multi-continent) and even some professionals buy their crap.

Last edited:
Can you explain this? I'm kinda curious?
I am not trying to badmouth anyone.

Some G1 bloggers who do Death Battle prediction blogs make up their own debate on some battles not yet confirmed by Death Battle yet.
On one match, in assessing Nero vs Hellboy, they believed universe level Dante is wank and misinterpreted.

Liam Swan, a staff of Rooster Teeth writing episodes for Death Battle, said a few days ago he was not agreeing to the statement that "Liam buys Uni DMC and Vergil now scales to Dante".
This could mean Dante is not universe level, or just Vergil does not scale from EOS Dante.

Liam Swan is a well-respected Death Battle researcher so I am shocked he make such a mistake should that Reddit reply be legit.

Back to downplayed characters.

Try to comment:

We used to think universe level Dante (and by extent god tier Devil May Cry) is wank. Now it is considered downplay thanks to Peak of Combat.

However, there are still people convincing their downplay on Dante (likely island, at most multi-continent) and even some professionals buy their crap.
Are you a DMC supporter or?

Just gonna put Kratos on the line for being one of the few characters that get downplayed to hell and back for the sake of being downplayed for a number of dumb reasons I can't even fathom exist to begin with. Some are still stuck on sub-Mountain level Kratos just because one blog about the gameplay from Sony claims busting mountains being too much for rusty Norse Kratos, even though in-game lore feats say otherwise, and people keep complaining about it using too much Word of God, when in reality, it actually doesn't, if anything it only uses Word of God for additional clarification on things already present in the source material like the games, guidebooks, bonus artwork, actual artbooks, comics, actual interviews, bonus discs and stuff, just so that people don't go about making dumb circular arguments.

Last edited:
Tbh it's okay if no one outside believes 1C DMC,
A) people don't even bother with dimensional stuff... so at best it's just some wierd physiology and nothing to do with power.
B) This higher dimensions crap isn't popular knowledge outside of wiki circle much..... while Universal DMC is popular atleast for its notoriety for nearly half a decade. With sizable portion of community atleast willing to give it a chance upon looking at evidence and hearing the arguements, which I would still consider a generosity.

Just gonna put Kratos on the line for being one of the few characters that get downplayed to hell and back for the sake of being downplayed for a number of dumb reasons I can't even fathom exist to begin with. Some are still stuck on sub-Mountain level Kratos just because one blog about the gameplay from Sony claims busting mountains being too much for rusty Norse Kratos, even though in-game lore feats say otherwise, and people keep complaining about it using too much Word of God, when in reality, it actually doesn't, if anything it only uses Word of God for additional clarification on things already present in the source material like the games, guidebooks, bonus artwork, comics, actual interviews and stuff, just so that people don't go about making dumb circular arguments.
yeah also most of them are cherrypicking to suit their own narrative.

Just gonna put Kratos on the line for being one of the few characters that get downplayed to hell and back for the sake of being downplayed for a number of dumb reasons I can't even fathom exist to begin with. Some are still stuck on sub-Mountain level Kratos just because one blog about the gameplay from Sony claims busting mountains being too much for rusty Norse Kratos, even though in-game lore feats say otherwise, and people keep complaining about it using too much Word of God, when in reality, it actually doesn't, if anything it only uses Word of God for additional clarification on things already present in the source material like the games, guidebooks, bonus artwork, actual artbooks, comics, actual interviews, bonus discs and stuff, just so that people don't go about making dumb circular arguments.
To this very day, plenty of people still treat Greek Kratos and Norse Kratos as two separate characters furthermore Kratos usually gets split again but it's gameplay and lore.

I seriously don't get how some people STILL use game mechanics/gameplay (unless explicitly stated otherwise) as the main canon source for videogame characters and Kratos still gets the worst of it in a few circles.

To this very day, plenty of people still treat Greek Kratos and Norse Kratos as two separate characters furthermore Kratos usually gets split again but it's gameplay and lore.

I seriously don't get how some people STILL use game mechanics/gameplay (unless explicitly stated otherwise) as the main canon source for videogame characters and Kratos still gets the worst of it in a few circles.
Cutscene-only fanatics are literally everywhere, even though we literally had a thread recently dictating that going cutscene-only is not only ridiculously stupid, but it defeats the whole purpose of a video game being a video game. If Kratos could do literally all the lore-based feats within the game, there would be no balance anymore, nor would there be the need to elongate the game to give the game a good narrative because he'd ******* flatten the entire pantheon in seconds (Not that it's not possible, it absolutely is, speedrunners have been doing that since the inception of the first game in 2005).

This applies to any video game honestly, where most feats can only be obtained via gameplay. Of course, realism can often times play a factor but most games rely on gameplay to further push the narrative. Unless you wanna tell me Sephiroth's Supernova can't be used because it's gameplay only, which would completely defeat the whole purpose of the boss fight.

Last edited:
Keeping out physical and speed feats.
People still think Kratos is a dumb angry dude who swings his blades like butcher.
His skill and intelligence is severely underestimated. That is something which is more blasphemous for me imo.

Actually, wow. Even now, I'm finding Pokemn vs Digimon battles where Digimon is getting Downplayed H A R D
Space Battles has the Creation Pokemon going against the Royal Knights:

"Sinnoh Legendary and weather trio's feat were far greater than anything a Royal Knight ever pulled in any media. I mean, the Dialga from Sinnoh special on PM series can pretty much turn the entire Royal Knight into eggs and crush them. Yvetal has even better advantage over them due to its dark nature. Complete Zygarde was also much stronger than any individual Royal Knight. Even the weak Arceus from the movie was much stronger than Yggdrasil. FYI : Digital World never been proven to be an universe, it always been treated as a dimension within Earth cyberspace such as Network World, Cyberverse Eden and Internet where Omegamon fought Diabolomon. Honestly it's sad how pokemon are constantly downplayed even when their canonical feat are far better digimon headcanon."

or..

"None of people on Pokemon are normal ether, Ash has shown more superhuman feat than Marcus yet he can't punch Pokemon as easily as Marcus does."

Explain how Ash not being able to punch out a Pokemon like Marcus punches out a Digimon proves that Ash is stronger than Marcus... Please..

"Arceus is not featless, if anything the new Legends and anime given it even bigger feats than Yggdrasil who's only feat is resetting the Digital World.
Saver Yggdrasil was the only Yggdrasil that had any offensive power and he was just Kyugre(assuming they mean Kyogre) level at best."

This is something I expect to see in threads from like... 2008 to like... 2015. Not 2022 lol
the digimon dowmplay is mostly isdra99. He is one of the most infamous users in SB

Keeping out physical and speed feats.
People still think Kratos is a dumb angry dude who swings his blades like butcher.
His skill and intelligence is severely underestimated. That is something which is more blasphemous for me imo.
Forget skill and intelligence, the fact that literally most people don't even know why Kratos is who he is makes my blood boil tenfold more. They think he only got depth in GOW2018 because it went the TLOU way of "Father and Son", which is clearly not ******* true if anyone with enough time and resources made the effort to play all the Greek games in order, literally the first thing Kratos does in the first game is to try and take his own life because the Gods would not rid him of the nightmares of him murdering his own wife and child in a blood frenzy.

CAS is one of the most downplayed characters of all time smh
7624659-download5.jpg

Yeah that's another can of worms. Kratos is a one dimensional character with a personality of a cardboard. He only screams and swings his blades.
Even before the Norse era, Kratos was already more than just a big angry dude that mindless kills people because "angry".

*Tortured by the loss of his wife and child while being physically, mentally and spiritual marked by the trauma for years.

*Losing his (true) brother then finding him, only to lose him again.

*Was forced to kill one of the few people that truly wanted to help him (Orkos).

*Actually developed a sense of preservation after meeting Pandora and wanted to protect her (keep in mind this during his rampage of Olympus).

*He's father is Zeus, for crying out loud!

If you think Kratos is downplayed, wait till you see SMT characters being downplayed to building level. Makes me sad.
No need, I have seen it first-hand. People were literally trying to make calcs for Chie Satonaka to downgrade her and all of Persona to 9-B or some shit, even used characterrant links as support. Their desperation knows no bounds.

If you think Kratos is downplayed, wait till you see SMT characters being downplayed to building level. Makes me sad.
For me it's 50/50. SMT is either treated as one of the most powerful videogame verses out there with Demi-fiend being usually treated as the kingpin OR they get put at building level+ (max) with all the higher end feats/lore being treated as environmental destruction, outliers, flowery language or all three!

It doesn't help some who believe SMT and Persona are indeed in the same cosmology, use the anti-feats as well as the social sim aspect of Persona to drag down the entire verse (the blessings and curses of an originally niche franchise becoming popular with the normies).

Unironically: Dragon Ball
Well i do think the verse should be slightly higher than what it is currently on the wiki, but yeah not bullshit 1-A to 0 on discord or god forbid Tiktok

This isn’t a character, but I notice it with the Battlestar reimagining. Prepare for a rant.

Not even much of a fan (at least not enough to make it through Caprica), but I’ve seen people unironically say a modern warship could stomp the Galactica with a levelled playing field (i.e, the ship and Galactica in space if they could both survive, or the ship and Galactica in water) just because it uses technology similar to 80s era Apple and a manual gunnery crew.

For some context, the Galactica is 1.4 km long, can space-fold (teleportation) even if it’s plunging through an atmosphere at re-entry speeds, armed with nuclear missiles (half a dozen or so can obliterate everything in a 20 km radius)/hundreds of gigantic anti-air flak cannons (capable of traversing many times its own length in seconds), often takes kiloton to megaton nuclear strikes (albeit with heavy damage because it’s more about strong plating areas and size), and has with cannons way larger and faster than any cannon on Earth.

The technology on the Galactica is so outdated because A) the Cylons can infiltrate even the most basic technology, and B) it’s non-networked (even though they can actually network their computers to vastly enhance the speed). This doesn’t really stop them from making the calculations to teleport across light-years, targeting locations from orbit or shooting down fleets of fighters and volleys of nuclear missiles.

However, I’d say the Galactica’s less advanced aircraft (without their nuclear missiles, which isn’t even that common to have) would be a very good match for at least semi-modern fighters in a 1v1.

Last edited:
huh I see the total opposite personally. outside wiki especially on tiktok nearly everyone thinks he’s at least 1-B now well from what I’ve seen

Back