• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most downplayed character, in your opinion

Since there is a most wanked character in your opinion, I thought of the fun idea of who is the most downplayed character in your opinion (people who deliberately tries to make a character weak due to personal bias).

Put your thoughts down below and as always keep it civil please.

Most downplayed? Uh. I mean the only way you can do that is by dismissing every feat as an outlier and claiming some extremely out of context things to explain away their abilities.

Shit like human level Kirito because he's just an avatar or "all of Mario's feats are outliers/gags and don't count lol" are the downplays I'd have in the upper portion of downplays but these aren't used on this site so I really don't know.

I think the most downplayed often would be Mario.

He is given the respect he deserves on this wiki. (Mario>>>>>>>Reinhard and Yogiri in terms of character quality)

But on other sites, he is downplayed as hell. I saw many people claiming he is only Building level!!! Of course they ignore the many, many feats of hax he possesses, such as him holding and creating stars and starry skies, outrunning black holes, beating characters who can warp constellations, him going toe to toe with bowser who can smash planets, etc. And like Fox said before, they ignore this as "outliers".

And of course, they ignore the decent amount of hax he has besides "Fire Flowers", that isn't the only thing he has you know

I mean, you can argue a ton of characters are downplayed. Goombas used to be Below Average Human which seemed like downplay even for them but they fixed it with Wall level (although Goombas now can scale to Tier 8 and potentially even 7 disregarding the complete nightmare that is Bowser's Minion and Jr.'s Journey in terms of scaling).

Uh, I guess atm Kirby is commonly said to be downplayed (even though they're gonna be upgraded to Multiversal which I personally find shaky but eh). Mario debatably is but his stats in general seem to spark tons of controversy.

Uh... I guess Fox McCloud IMO should be higher but it's not like he's super downplayed (he should totally have FTL reactions tho).

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
But on other sites, he is downplayed as hell. I saw many people claiming he is only Building level!!!
hIs mOsT nOtAbLe fEaT iS liFtInG uP cAstLeS

In he wiki: dunno.

Out of the wiki: "cracks knuckles", "freaking breaks them"

Rpg characters, becaus epeople hate lore.

meowth because he is a comic relief

Well where am I going to start

First there are people who think Mario is an ordinary human with only high jumps lol

Secondly, there is Undertale, where they say the Undertale characters are weak because they are defeated by a child with a knife

Third, there is a planet to star level Bill, seriously a planet or star level make no sense as 11D Bill

There is also about Super Sonic being a planet level and not higher than this Either by ignoring his tier 2 feat or consider them as an outliers, or that his feat for defeating Solaris will only place him on a multi-galaxy level. It may not be a significant downplay but it is really make no sense.

Undertale and Steven Universe as a whole. More specifically Frisk, Chara, and Sans. I've heard the argument for Mountain Level Chara, Flowey, and Asriel so, so many times.

Also Bill Cipher.

Undertale : 5

Gumball : 1

Mario : 5

Bill Cipher : 3

IDW Godzilla : 1

Bowser minions : 1

Kirby : 1

Fox McCloud : 1

Saitama : 1

Bayonetta : 1

RPG characters : 1

Sonic the Hedgehog : 1

Steven Universe : 1

Kratos : 1

Azathoth : 1

I dunno, man. 11D Bill always felt incredibly stupid to me but whatever. I think the rating he's at is a good compromise.

ShockingPsychic said:
Undertale and Steven Universe as a whole. More specifically Frisk, Chara, and Sans. I've heard the argument for Mountain Level Chara, Flowey, and Asriel so, so many times.

Also Bill Cipher.
The mount was still there during all those battles and we never saw a good explosion.

Building level at best

Foxthefox1000 said:
I dunno, man. 11D Bill always felt incredibly stupid to me but whatever. I think the rating he's at is a good compromise.
I still think being low 2-C instead of 2-A is stupid, even if we consider "destroying one timeline at a time" a treat to literal infinity, where is it implied that those statements refer to him not being a localized treat.

I'm pretty sure there are characters that treat infinite timelines and stil are 2-A

Kirby gets wanked way more often than gets downplayed. Especially because a lot of the fandom just treats him as an omnipotent, infinite God based on clear hyperbolic claims from the games. Plus, they'll make claims like "he can eat multiple infinite universes,", which I do not recall being an actual feat in any of the games whatsoever, and while there are things that are kind of similar, those things are arguably just game-mechanics, and they are also on a much smaller scale.

On the other hand, I would say Mario gets downplayed a lot, although it's somewhat understandable due to how janky and whacky the verse is. But as people pointed out earlier, a lot of people just treat him as just being jumpman without taking a careful look at his feats. Mario is the opposite of Kirby, in this regard,

In my experience?

Kratos: People think he's street level.

Azathoth: "cLEArLY hE'S feAtLESs!"

Mario: Self-explanatory.

Considering the amount of time I've seen Wall - Building level Belmonts at best on CharacterRant, I feel like they deserve a mention too.

Back