• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MonsterVerse Upgrades (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Wingard said was That Godzilla was the stronger monster: “Godzilla just has a lot more special abilities, he's stronger and all those kinds of things.” Also just cos the reason we have Class G because of Kong doesn’t mean they are equal.
So Goji was “stronger”, heavier, has the terrain advantage, other abilities etc and still got tossed and beat in two physical matches in the water by a drugged Kong and only won the round cuz Kong had his back turned? Down horrendous. Imagine having every advantage and still losing, couldn’t be Kong.

They said they used a “light touch” on the sedatives.
Right so you agree he is drugged? Not at his best? And he still physically overpowered Goji in all but one aspect of round 1.
Also, getting more hits in doesnt mean kong is stronger,
Good thing I didn’t say that.
every time Godzilla hits kong he either goes flying or is knocked off his feet. Kong needed to jump off a building to knock Godzilla down. Godzilla ragdolls kong when he his him, Kong doesn’t do nearly as much with his hits, therefore Godzilla is stronger by a considerable margin.
Seeing as he weighs considerably less but is still comparable to Goji and Mecha in strength, this makes perfect sense. If two people are equal in striking but one weighs much more, the lighter guy is going to be easier to move. Kong was knocked down yet immediately responded by kicking Goji back, getting to his feet and tossing him off the boat. Goji’s hits do as much to a nerfed Kong as Kong’s hits did. Kong had Goji by the neck and dragged the thicc ass boi around Hong Kong no diff.
And no, he never shrugged off blows from Mechagodzilla, he gets hit one time by Mechagodzilla, and it sends him flying much like when Godzilla hits him.
The same blows that discombobulate Goji? Yeah, Kong took a kick right to the chest and proceeded to catch Mecha’s tail immediately. Not long before he stops a haymaker meant for Goji in its tracks, started the fight by stopping Mecha from lasering Goji in the face while successfully defending himself from the tail twice before the third knocked him off, puts Mecha on his ass before tanking the aforementioned kick to the chest.

The idea that Kong is somehow far below Goji is mind boggling when he consistently scraps with the latter even while at a disadvantage. Monke literally got up from his death bed and does better against the same guy who no diffed Goji and is just Goji plus extra.

Godzilla was stated to beat the clash at full power?
Sorta
Wingard: I’ll tell you about that and I don’t want to give any spoilers so hopefully we can save some of the the actual specifics of talking about the Mechagodzilla fight until after the movie comes out. I don’t mind talking about Mechagodzilla right now because everybody knows he’s in it but yeah. But what I will say is it again like this we should save this until the movie comes out but like there were versions that we explored, it never got past the kinda early animation phases, but there were versions where Godzilla was more in the battle. Like he got a lot more back and forth moments with Mechagodzilla and the only reason we kind of went in the direction we did was because it just it just didn’t quite work for whatever reason it was just it felt kind of superfluous it was just like okay Godzilla gets hit in but that but that but it wasn’t clear what the stakes were. Really ultimately it just works better that Mechagodzilla is this thing, he’s been created to perfectly take on Godzilla. Maybe that doesn’t necessarily mean that he’s stronger than Godzilla but he’s able to be one step ahead and you also have to consider the fact that Godzilla has just gone through 3 rounds with Kong where he exercised his nuclear breath to its absolute core and so he’s pretty worn down at this point. He’s gone nonstop and there’s one shot where Godzilla and Mechagodzilla fire their beams at each other at the same time right and Mechagodzilla’s actually overpowers Godzilla and I don’t think that that would have been the case if Godzilla’s coming in fresh but I think that he was weakened a bit. We never expressly state that but that was my impression of it and I actually tried to avoid that moment because I didn’t want to give the impression that Mechagodzilla was just so powerful but ultimately that’s just where it landed. It just made the most sense so I have a lot of sympathy for the Godzilla fans out there who feel that way but I will say you look at some of his classic movies and Godzilla gets his ass beat around quite a bit before he usually comes back and you still go with it, you still admire that.

Source

Doesn't the end of the bolded imply that Mecha was just stronger anyway? Wingard says "I actually tried to avoid that moment (the beam clash) because I didn’t want to give the impression that Mechagodzilla was just so powerful but ultimately that’s just where it landed." meaning Mecha simply is stronger anyway.

Even the primary implication that peak Goji > Mecha says "I don't think that would have been the case if Godzilla's coming in fresh" isn't conclusive evidence Goji would have won, just that it was a possibility ergo Mecha and peak Goji would have been relative which actually supports the novel quote of the breath in the beam clash being = to the Hollow Earth one.

Yeah. I brought it up since that's pretty clear justification of a AP rating. So something like
At least Large Island level (Clashed with and overpowered a beam directly stated to be comparable to Godzilla's Hollow Earth beam. Built to kill and replace Godzilla, other than being an upgraded version of him. Easily held his own against both Godzilla and King Kong, and was only defeated when malfunctioned)
Though I feel like the last line needs to be adjusted. He was just like, stunned for one second which allowed Godzilla to supercharge the axe

Godzilla Dominion implies that in GvK he got weaker, since in the comic he was entirely weak and starving, being only capable of resting when he found a home and put the Titans to sleep.

Last edited:
To prove that Godzilla is underpowered in the Mechagodzilla fight here is his atomic breath in Antarctica:
8UxPhk7.gif

And here it is during the Mechagodzilla battle:
maxresdefault.jpg

AKA The Chad Antarctica Atomic Breath vs The Virgin Hong Kong Atomic Breath

As you can see it looks thinner and more 2014 like in the Mechagodzilla battle while in the Antarctica battle it looks more consistent with his breath during his battle with Kong

200.gif

I actually think it looks bigger in the Antarctica battle as well which supports the idea that he exhausted his atomic energy during the Hong Kong battle

Also I noticed Ghidorah had his Lifting Strength downgraded to Class M. Has this been discussed? He seems waaay stronger than Godzilla and Kong but maybe I’m missing something here.

Last edited:
To prove that Godzilla is underpowered in the Mechagodzilla fight here is his atomic breath in Antarctica:
8UxPhk7.gif

And here it is during the Mechagodzilla battle:
maxresdefault.jpg

AKA The Chad Antarctica Atomic Breath vs The Virgin Hong Kong Atomic Breath

As you can see it looks thinner and more 2014 like in the Mechagodzilla battle while in the Antarctica battle it looks more consistent with his breath during his battle with Kong

200.gif

I actually think it looks bigger in the Antarctica battle as well which supports the idea that he exhausted his atomic energy during the Hong Kong battle
You are aware that Goji was fresh in the Arctic fight, correct? And after he got the Serizawa amp, he was breathing blue flames against KG in Boston when he was at his strongest? And also from underwater in round one against Kong where he was once again fresh? And when he tunnelled to Hollow Earth, and in round two with Kong? Meanwhile he was firing straight beams for most of round two. What the atomic breath looks like doesn’t matter to how strong he is at the time.

Yeah, he was.
Also this might've been discussed, but how much does MonsterVerse Godzilla weigh? Cause MechaGodzilla was straight up flinging him into buildings tail first

The 164,000 tons is pretty shit tho and likely not reliable, his size remains the same in KotM, and this stat and the some others in the opening came from the 2014 Popular Mechanics/The Impossible Anatomy of Godzilla.

So more in line with Godzilla's apperance? IDK, I do like this interpretation of Mecha G so I think instead of MechaGodzilla we get some action from the likes of Gigan, Megalon, SpaceGodzilla or Destroyah if possible

So more in line with Godzilla's apperance? IDK, I do like this interpretation of Mecha G so I think instead of MechaGodzilla we get some action from the likes of Gigan, Megalon, SpaceGodzilla or Destroyah if possible
Gigan would be hella badass mark my words. As smart as a human with arrogance and cockiness to go with it. He's a really cool antagonist.

Would you guys prefer SpaceGodzilla or Destoroyah if you had to choose one as a final villain to end the franchise?
Probably SpaceGodzilla? I feel his reason for existing in the MonsterVerse would be interesting, an unnatural clone of Godzilla vs the balance of nature itself, plus a MonsterVerse SpaceGodzilla could look really scary

You are aware that Goji was fresh in the Arctic fight, correct? And after he got the Serizawa amp, he was breathing blue flames against KG in Boston when he was at his strongest? And also from underwater in round one against Kong where he was once again fresh? And when he tunnelled to Hollow Earth, and in round two with Kong? Meanwhile he was firing straight beams for most of round two. What the atomic breath looks like doesn’t matter to how strong he is at the time.
It kinda does matter. In 2014 where we see it at it’s weakest it is very thin and barely does any damage to the Female MUTO
201.gif

This is clearly evident even in the early days of the Monsterverse as it was far bigger and wider in Awakening
4185957-gz%20ability%20nuke%20breath%20%282%29.png

Then in the Antarctica battle of King Of The Monsters the wider atomic breath he has in this movie absolutely demolished a Monarch outpost (sorry for the poor quality)
InexperiencedMiserlyBellfrog-max-1mb.gif

Then, in the Boston battle, it is capable of pushing Ghidorah hundreds of metres back
main-qimg-cf4c74d89382b10d1a849a943f46197a

caringminiatureacaciarat-max-1mb.gif

In Godzilla Vs Kong during most of the Hong Kong battle it appears to be a similar size to the Antarctica battle’s beam and does a similar amount of damage to this beam as well.
xIe7CKQ.gif

Meanwhile, in the Mechagodzilla battle, his atomic breath looks a lot thinner and weaker and that coupled with the statement from Wingard about him having exhausted his Atomic energy seems to give the impression that he was a lot weaker at least atomic breath wise in his Mechagodzilla fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back