• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moderate FT revision

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
At first this was going to be about Zeref's resistance to Power Nullification, but then I noticed that the Tartaros demons' profiles are very inconsistent.

First of all, all the demons should get Curse Manipulation replacing Magic. It was a major plot point that Demons don't use Magic at all, that's why Face was a threat since it was going to nuke all the magic in the continent, while the curses would remain because it's not magic at all.

Mard Geer is lacking Immortality Type 1 despite all the other demons having it.

Silver has Type 8 Immortality. Why's this? Just asking, I'm curious.

Seilah's Macro seems to be more like Body Puppetry rather than Mind Control. If she can't control the thoughts and feelings of her victims then she's just affecting the body.

Franmalth has Fire and Lightning Manipulation via a mode he gained after absorbing Natsu's powers. This is Absorption only since it relies on what he's nomming so that should be replaced. Durability Negation is also redundant since it's said to be done through Soul Absorption but he already has that listed.

What kind of Regen does Tempester has? Because the profile only says Regenerationn without listing how good is it.

Jackal needs Immortality Type 1.

Okay, now to the main point. Zeref has Resistance to Power Nullification through a statement that no demon could kill him. Yet somehow that's the only thing said he resists on his profile. First of all, this is an off-screen feat as someone told me so I don't know why the profile says that he resisted it when Keyes used it. Power Nullification isn't necessarily lethal unless you're made of energy, so Zeref could be totally affected yet no demon might be strong enough to kill him even if depowered. The same with his resistance to Soul absorption, but I can agree that this is a more possible case since Franmalth's curse IS lethal while Keyes' isn't by itself.

The only lethal powers the demons have are Memento Mori and Soulsuck. The rest of them have nothing to offer, and Memento Mori was developed to kill Zeref so it's dubious he could resist it (IIRC Mard Geer never stated that it didn't work on him/it was a new magic power yet to be used, correct me if I'm wrong).

Conclusion

• Every demon gets Curse Manipulation and Immortality Type 1 and gets Magic deleted from their profiles.
  • Seilah's Mind Control gets replaced by Body Puppetry.
  • Franmalth gets the powers he gained from Natsu and Durability Negation deleted due to being redundant.
  • We need to clarify Tempester's Regenerationn.
  • Remove Zeref's Resistance to Power Null.

Demons do actually use Magic, it is only the subspecies of demons Etherious, born from the book of Zeref that prefer to use curses.

Excluding Natsu himself who is technically a demon and does use magic.

Tempester should have low Regenerationn or just healing, his Regenerationn is above jackal who can heal himself in short amount of time. (I will post link later, but the jackal Regenerationn feat is come fr natsu vs jackal chapter)

And zeref resistance to power null should replace by magic null, since they curse is magic based and if there is no magic=no curse of contradictions=zeref death, zeref is alive

A few of my thoughts

Silvers Type 8 immortality is based on the fact that to kill him you first need to kill Keyes iirc.

Seilah's macro did take control of Elfman, making him obsessed with nuking the guild so I think mind control works fine as well.

Franmalth does seem to retain any abilities he's nommed overtime though- such as Hades soul. So I think leaving the fire and lightning on his profile shouldn't be a problem.

Magic getting removed is a yes and no from me. While the majority don't, Etherious in general are able to use magic as we get Bloodman who has ISDM, Natsu with DSM, Deliora with his laser beams, Larcade with Pleasure, Hunger and RIP, Mard has Telepathy, Kyouka has Organic Link and Franmalth definitely has it having absorbed multiple souls and magic itself so it would stay for them.

Neutral on Macro.

Franmalth retains all the powers he absorbed unless he explicitly ditches them with Revolution like he did Aries and Taurus so everything should stay.

Waiting on 1997 for this.

Yes for Type 1.

The reason power null resist was added is because the Curse is based on magic. If MBP destroys the magic it is based on, then Zeref can die but he says that Tartaros failed. The man ain't shy about suicide and as seen with people who inhaled a slight bit of Tempester's MBP, they were dying from Magic Deficiency Disease within minutes despite having little to no magic that their body is used to unlike the Thunder God Tribe (hospitalized for a week at minimum) or Zeref, who could easily be able to kill himself if the MDD failed for whatever reason. He couldn't and Occam's razor says he didn't get nulled.

I recheck manga and anime again, the part where tempester said he can regenerate until someone take down him in one hit is come from laxus vs tempester fight(2nd time) which happens only in anime. Not in manga.

Also, the jackal thing i mention above also not qualifies for Regenerationn/healing

Okay, so demons who have demonstrated Magic techniques should retain that and gain Curse Manipulation as well.

So no Regenerationn for Tempester.

I have some doubts about the idea that no magic=ded Zeref. If that were the case, Natsu would have kill him instead of Mavis overcoming the curse with her true love. Maybe nullifuig his magic doesn't null the Curse. The manga makes a difference between those two elements after all.

Is there anything to see how Type 8 works? It's a bit weird.

Okay, so Seilah retains Mind Control.

I'm not saying that Franmalth lost those powers. I'm saying it's redundnt to have those he absorbed from Natsu when he has Elemental Manipulation already.

Zeref's curse and the Etherious' Curse Power are two different things. Zeref's is one in the sense of cursing someone by afflicting them with something that they don't want whereas Curse Power is a dìfferent magic system he made for the Etherious so Ankhseram using it on Zeref doesn't make sense.

Natsu was going to burn away Zeref's immortality with Igneel's power in their first Alvarez fight which was said to be a result of him using the power of the dead by Zeref. Against FH Zeref, he just burned away FH and Neo Eclipse before walking away and leaving Mavis to cause the double suicide. Could he have just killed Zeref and been done with it? Maybe but we can't say for certain though I personally lean towards yes as Zeref says that his CoC has been halted albeit temporarily.

Hm... right, it seems Natsu nulled part of the Curse at that moment. Okay, so that gets changed to Resistance to Magic Null.

While we're on it, do anyone have the scans for Zeref's Time Stop and Time Manipulation Resistance?

Resistance is scaled from Ultear, Chelia and Wendy vs Dimaria/Chronos. A fragment of Ultear's Arc of Time gave her resistance to Dimaria and Chronos' Age Seal and also allowed her to give other's the ability to move in time stop. Zeref gets his as a user of time magic (never specified what type) and with SBT/Neo Eclipse its far greater than it was before so its treated as a greater resistance afaik.

But is he a better user than Dimaria and Ultear at base? I would understand FH Zeref being above them, but that's why I asked for scans in the first place.

That's Mitch's fault for not paying attention to his waifu

You should also add resistance to Radiation as Magic basically operates like radiation, we know that in high concentrations and excessive over usage of Magic power can cause dangerous affects on the body. It comes natural sources and places that are Fusion Based Process And that after the explosion, the materials containing Ethernanos left behind is hazardous and contaminates the body. Even with regular magic can cause tumors to grow.

Who'd get such resistance?

BTW, Natsu didn't grow a tumor. That was his Devil seed in conflict with the Dragon seed.

I mean, August "I use your magic better than you" Dragneel is only rumored to be possibly on the level of/maybe better than base Zeref who never even tries when accomplishing magical feats. Boy also invented time travel, makes magical pros like Hades and Brain look like children in comparison (don't forget Hades was responsible for teaching Ultear Arc of Time), out enchants dragon Irene, makes new magics from new magics he just got in seconds etc etc. Safe to say he is better with Time Magic than Ultear especially when it was only a fragment of her magic that passively resisted Age Seal. The explanation for how the resistance worked was that in frozen time, the remnants of Ultear's AoT could freely move around unlike in normal time. Zeref's time magic would be sentient during this time amd can just let him move in stopped time so it really doesn't matter much.

How neglectful

The Calaca said:
Who'd get such resistance?
BTW, Natsu didn't grow a tumor. That was his Devil seed in conflict with the Dragon seed.
That was a miscalculation from Porlyusica, does not mean such tumors didn't exist as they did before with actual causes

I didn't say they don't exist. I'm just telling you that the diagnosis was wrong.

But we know that cancer can be developed overtime when over using magic excessively. It is known by a medical expert and that no surgeons can operate on it

The Demon seed only came into existence recently when Zeref shot the book of END, as it is in the same spot where the seed developed.

It would still apply though as it is not something of a guess but an actual known phenomenon to occur. Why else would she state such a thing if it were something of a similar case?

Wrong diagnosis, sure but the fact that she misdiagnosed his Dragon/Devil seed as this means there is a precedent for this happening. Neutral on radiation esistance tho.

Just to add on about Zeref > Ultear at time magic, Zeref actually has time stop which Dimaria got as a result of her contract with granddaddy of time Chronos. Death manip from the death god, time magic on the level of the time god, Zeref is a beast.

CNBA seems to be missing the point that I didn't say that magic tumors don't exist.

I'm also unsure about where does this resistance comes from. If magic works as radiation, it seems to work way slower than IRL radiation. Otherwise the world would be a wasteland wherever a wizard goes, and that's not the case at all. If anything, it'd work like smoking several cigarettes each day for years. It obviously will cause a lung cancer, but by itself isn't lethal and there's no way to prove there's a resistance just from a single exposure.

Also it is easy to miscalculate, both are small, they are growths, they can divide cells to more, they alter the body in a harmful way, there is good result to make a mistake here, but should not be discarded

I can agree with that. What about for Laxus and maybe Wall though? Wall made mini Etherion right in front of Laxus so Laxus could possibly have it while Wall had it in his hands. Granted he is a robot but he is also alive, Machias can reproduce (presumably), can die in the traditional sense and be rezzed by Neinhart etc.

@Calaca, I am not missing your point, I am just saying how things are in the world of FT, Well low radiation does help life to evolve over the long number of years, besides this is a world that is defined by magic and a world where magical things that happen is normal, it is only natural that high concentrated areas or overusage is hazardous.

But again, how would get this resistance outside of probably Laxus and Wall?

@Zackra

I get what you are going for but that jist says Laxus would get a bigger part in the anime, not that the Tempester fight is canon.

Said bigger part also contradicts what happened in the manga. Gray defeated (IIRC) Tempester after gaining his IDSM in the manga while Laxus did it in the anime.

Or was it Torafuzar?

I see, so it would only apply for those where there are situations where high concentrations of magic or over usage of Magic does occur, I mean Jellal should possibly get Radiation resistance as he was bathed in the etherion without dying, and Natsu who literally ate the Etherion and was poisoned by it.

Laxus struggled because of the anti-barrier particles while Gray's attacks are affective because of the DSM

@Calaca It was Tempester

On the radiation matter; if it helps at all following Acno nuking Tenrou there was a reported excess of ethernano in the area and nothing could live there for the seven years following I believe

That too, but I do not know if it is Acno's nuke, or distortion of space time.

another matter, we should even consider, Mira having Biological Manipulation being able to take over, control demons on a genetic level

AnonymousBlank said:
@Zackra
I get what you are going for but that jist says Laxus would get a bigger part in the anime, not that the Tempester fight is canon.
But it was stated that Mashima worked on the fight in the anime. Mashima is essentially retconing the Gray and Tempester fight becuase he couldn't make the arc as long as he wanted and had to cut some stuff for the manga.

Also just to bring this up, Mard Gear should have paralysis inducement given neither Natsu or Gray could move during Momento Mori.

Momento mori para inducement

Also, Lyon, Sherry, Yuka and Dog boy have been exposed to Moon Drip which is concentrated moonlight that causes harmful affects to the body for years

Back