• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not "passive" lightning aura. The definition of Passive is 24/7 aka always active and cannot be turned off.
People really have no idea what context is. The lightning aura is passive to the form, the form that he is going to be in the whole time.
The word you are looking for is "active" even then, it's irrelevant since HE CANNOT MOVE, how is constantly vaporizing gonna help him finding balance?
Like I brought up before, Laxus can fly and does so in character. Not only is it in his page, I even linked a scan of him doing so in the key being used rn.
Katakuri can change the mochi around the environment the way he wants, Laxus will always lose balance since he can't fly nor can he blitz him (Mochi is extremely sticky and Katakuri's mochi can handle Electricity and Fire.) You are missing the point.
Ctrl+F “Flight” on Laxus’ page.
Laxus, is someone who can fight effectively as long as he can walk onto the ground, running onto the ground and fight onto the ground. However the funny thing is the ground turned into sticky mochi, he is not going to blitz Katakuri, he is not going to move properly and nor does he have "passive lightning aura" it's active which doesn't matter. Since Katakuri has an ability called "Burned Mochi" as the name already implies "his mochi have resistance to fire".
A whole lot of nothing.
You think Katakuri is going to watch and let him do anything? Have you already forgotten that he prevented Luffy from transforming into Gear 4 and Luffy's Precognition was hard countered by him. How is Laxus, out of all people going to deal with Katakuri's future sight when the entire environment is his enemy.
Laxus thinks and enters the form.

Can people actually bring proper arguments. Everything you guys say besides future sight is just your opinion on shut that is irrelevant. No one cares about your opinion that “Laxus can’t do anything to Haki” when he is x10 stronger. Y’all keep typing these words as if they have any meaning against a guy Katakuri can’t harm and one taps Katakuri.

Y’all keep typing these words as if they have any meaning against a guy Katakuri can’t harm and one taps Katakuri.
Yee... No one has said he doesn't one shot... But Laxus lightning is doing nothing to katakuri...
Like I brought up before, Laxus can fly and does so in character. Not only is it in his page, I even linked a scan of him doing so in the key being used rn.
Fly? Link, link, link and link

Yall are acting dumb and it's funny.

Laxus' lightning vaporizes the living hell out of his Mochi.

Anyways, I vote Katakuri via outlasting from stamina and suffocating when he gets tired enough to not be able to fight back.

Lightning body: "Laxus only seems to maintain this form while in motion" in other irrelevant. As explained above.

A whole lot of nothing.
That's not an actual argument, you didn't disproved anything what I said. If you have nothing to say, then say so.

Laxus thinks and enters the form.

Can people actually bring proper arguments. Everything you guys say besides future sight is just your opinion on shut that is irrelevant. No one cares about your opinion that “Laxus can’t do anything to Haki” when he is x10 stronger. Y’all keep typing these words as if they have any meaning against a guy Katakuri can’t harm and one taps Katakuri.
How is thinking going to help him when he is instantly incapacitated from the start and Katakuri forsees every single of his actions beforehand and simply overwhelm him simultaneously prevent him from doing anything "suspicious". You didn't presented once an argument how he counters Katakuri's future sight, you are only arguing that he one shots him but didn't explained any further with what?? Katakuri's mochi are naturally resistant to Fire (it can handle the heat of fire)you said yourself Electricity doesn't equate to AP. However, Fire is hotter than Lightning therefore, I don't see what you are trying to imply there?

Except even if he do, more mochi is coming to his way. Since Awakening is still active. Laxus's first move hasn't been addressed yet, and from the start he is incapacitated by Awakening. Laxus can vaporize those that traps him, however Katakuri simply won't let him since he forsees this ahead and overwhelm him further.

People mentioned he can fly, but only when is able to maintain this form while in motion, this is not happening.

Because the temperature of his lightning is far superior the heat resistance of Kata's Mochi?
Except even if he do, more mochi is coming to his way. Since Awakening is still active. Laxus's first move hasn't been addressed yet, and from the start he is incapacitated by Awakening. Laxus can vaporize those that traps him, however Katakuri simply won't let him since he forsees this ahead and overwhelm him further.

People mentioned he can fly, but only when is able to maintain this form while in motion, this is not happening.
Which is fair

And bro this is so not fair...
Kata has a speed advantage and a perception amp? Wtf

Lightning body: "Laxus only seems to maintain this form while in motion" in other irrelevant. As explained above.
Are you honestly saying Laxus won’t try to move?
That's not an actual argument, you didn't disproved anything what I said. If you have nothing to say, then say so.
Are you illiterate? Go read anything I have posted and you would know that I have already responded to the pointless shit you typed there.
How is thinking going to help him when he is instantly incapacitated from the start and Katakuri forsees every single of his actions beforehand and simply overwhelm him simultaneously prevent him from doing anything "suspicious".
Seeing the future doesn’t mean you will do things before the fight starts. Laxus thinks and he is in RLDM. This means Katakuri can’t do anything to Laxus with his Mochi.
You didn't presented once an argument how he counters Katakuri's future sight, you are only arguing that he one shots him but didn't explained any further with what??
Good god, you really can’t read can you? I never disagreed with the Future Sight. I’m on record saying I agree with it. My disagreement this whole time is with the stupid assertion that Laxus will get pinned by confectionery when annihilates that shit no diff.
Katakuri's mochi are naturally resistant to Fire (it can handle the heat of fire)you said yourself Electricity doesn't equate to AP. However, Fire is hotter than Lightning therefore, I don't see what you are trying to imply there?
Because temp =/= AP. I don’t care if Kars can resist the temp of the lightning when he can’t survive the force behind the lightning.

Because the temperature of his lightning is far superior the heat resistance of Kata's Mochi?
Shouldn't Katakuri's mochi theoretically handle the temperature of lightning. Since it apparently can handle fire very well (Also wouldn't be weird for Luffy not considering Red Hawk as an option to destroy the mochi?)

Which is fair

And bro this is so not fair...
Kata has a speed advantage and a perception amp? Wtf
The OP specified that Katakuri starts with Awakening. So, Laxus is naturally incapacitated from the start. Aside from inferior AP, Katakuri has the speed advantage, Hax advantage and can shapeshift his body to prevent getting attacked. Furthermore, unlike Doffy he theoretically can become one with the environment since it's made of mochi and awakening makes him a pseudo-logia except the passive elemental intangibility

Are you illiterate? Go read anything I have posted and you would know that I have already responded to the pointless shit you typed there.

Seeing the future doesn’t mean you will do things before the fight starts. Laxus thinks and he is in RLDM. This means Katakuri can’t do anything to Laxus with his Mochi.

Good god, you really can’t read can you? I never disagreed with the Future Sight. I’m on record saying I agree with it. My disagreement this whole time is with the stupid assertion that Laxus will get pinned by confectionery when annihilates that shit no diff.

Because temp =/= AP. I don’t care if Kars can resist the temp of the lightning when he can’t survive the force behind the lightning.
So tell me what is laxus doing with his lightning...

Shouldn't Katakuri's mochi theoretically handle the temperature of lightning. Since it apparently can handle fire very well (Also wouldn't be weird for Luffy not considering Red Hawk as an option to destroy the mochi?)
Lightning is far superior to fire.

Yes. Just read my Arguments above.

Are you illiterate? Go read anything I have posted and you would know that I have already responded to the pointless shit you typed there
You still haven't refuted this argument.

Except Katakuri starts with Awakening, stop ignoring this crucial point. Laxus is slower than Katakuri, him thinking and flying won't do anything when he is from the start attacked/trapped/tagged by Mochi, he's literally swimming in a pool full of mochi and Katakuri forsees Laxus's first move and acts accordingly to take advantage of what he learned and that in a split second, the ability to read mind is a standard ability every Observation Haki user can.

Gotcha Gotcha. However, you still don't seem to have realized that fighting an entire environment of mochi and simultaneously fighting Katakuri will eventually catch Laxus off-guard and then it's too late.

Again, Katakuri doesn't need to block the electricity. Considering he is a special paramecia user, giving him both body control and Regen. Let's assume a lighting attacks Katakuri. Since he can see slightly into the future, he can predict precisely where an attack will land allowing him to dissolve his mochi body out of harm's way, making attacks simply pass through him.

The entire Charlotte Family calls him untouchable precisely he has stated that it had been years since someone laid a hand in him before Luffy managed to do so only because his precognition rivals his own.

Yall are acting dumb and it's funny.

Anyways, I vote Katakuri via outlasting from stamina and suffocating when he gets tired enough to not be able to fight back.
I'll vote katakuri for these reasons.

he wont hit that LMFAO, nor will he get the time to charge it
Not having the time to charge it is one thing but each use of FL either covered a city, reached across a kilometres wide lake or hit an entire battlefield with a million guys on it. It landing is a guarantee if Laxus can get it off.

Not having the time to charge it is one thing but each use of FL either covered a city, reached across a kilometres wide lake or hit an entire battlefield with a million guys on it. It landing is a guarantee if Laxus can get it off.
Okay, but he's not getting time to charge it regardless, as kata would see into the future and know what to do lmfao.

I Vote Katakuri for what Tempest said. All the other discussions are very pointless as Laxus can vaporize his Mochi, easily so.

Hold on, from what I see this is not a BL Match. So why are you acting like Kata is your cringy RP-OC that go for the kill from the start and will spam the same attack over and over to kill his opponent?

Also, you are making him look invincible, remember that he loose against Luffy. By your logic, If we do a rematch here. Right now : Luffy vs. Kata, Luffy would lose 200%.

Also, you are making him look invincible, remember that he loose against Luffy. By your logic, If we do a rematch here. Right now : Luffy vs. Kata, Luffy would lose 200%.
Funnily enough, he was hailed as the invincible Katakuri and LITERALLY almost everyone agreed that Luffy would've lost against Katakuri if it weren't for the fact that Katakuri was too focused on his "Donut time" rather than finishing off Luffy immediately which doesn't happen in this match. Since Katakuri always goes straight for the kill, and his opponent isn't made of Rubber and has precognition

Hold on, from what I see this is not a BL Match. So why are you acting like Kata is your cringy RP-OC that go for the kill from the start and will spam the same attack over and over to kill his opponent?

Why the **** are you comparing luffy and kata?

Do you understand that luffy is near kata's speed, and has his precognition, while laxus is slower than both of them?

of course if we pick up laxus vs the luffy that fought kata, luffy loses for sure because he doesnt have the abilities that kata does to counter laxus, but laxus gets HARD countered by katakuri, especially since he STARTS IN AWAKENING, can use future sight to make himself intangible, is physically stronger than laxus as well, you guys continously ignore that crucial point, I just can't tell if its bias. Luffy cannot do things like that, which is why laxus would beat that luffy, but not Katakuri due to the specific counters he has, one of them being his Devil fruit as a whole, and his future sight making him intangible.

You saying luffy would lose to kata, is ******* anime math LMFAOOO

styles MAKE FIGHTS, you should already understand that if you're not a damn casual.

Last edited:
Why the **** are you comparing luffy and kata?

Do you understand that luffy is near kata's speed, and has his precognition, while laxus is slower than both of them?

of course if we pick up laxus vs the luffy that fought kata, luffy loses for sure because he doesnt have the abilities that kata does to counter laxus, but laxus gets HARD countered by katakuri, especially since he STARTS IN AWAKENING, can use future sight to make himself intangible, is physically stronger than laxus as well, you guys continously ignore that crucial point, I just can't tell if its bias.

You saying luffy would lose to kata, is ******* anime math LMFAOOO

styles MAKE FIGHTS, you should already understand that if you're not a damn casual.
Ngl, I’d argue Luffy has a better chance against Laxus than Katakuri does since he is resistant to Laxus’ lightning and can’t be oneshot like here

Ngl, I’d argue Luffy has a better chance against Laxus than Katakuri does since he is resistant to Laxus’ lightning and can’t be oneshot like here
nah red lightning probably oneshots luffy since its not normal lightning

current luffy whos 6-B oneshots laxus tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back