• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Darkseid and Anti-Monitor Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just that one of the main reasons in the OP is downscaling AM with the Guardians, who aren't limited to 4-B. If it's seen as inconsistent for them, AM shouldn't be downscaled in the first place. Although, they were attacking together from what I recall, so they could be 4-A together.

Surviving an above minimum level 3-C explosion point blank and being able to move fine afterwards is at least almost of that level, yes.
It’s not above minimum level though, it’s exactly at baseline, and he was still grievously wounded by it. Scaling someone’s durability to something that destroyed a massive chunk of their body doesn’t seem very reliable.
And I still think that keeping Darkseid War Darkseid in the current Post-Flashpoint statistics key seems to fit best with the pattern in the rest of his profile page.
I don’t really see why when it’s an amp for a specific story, but okay.

I think that the Milky Way galaxy is quite large as far as galaxies go, but maybe we use that as a baseline for our system, yes. I do not remember so well.

I don’t really see why when it’s an amp for a specific story, but okay.
Well, I am not adamant regarding this, but it fits better with the structure for the page as a whole.

I think that the Milky Way galaxy is quite large as far as galaxies go, but maybe we use that as a baseline for our system, yes. I do not remember so well.
The Attack Potency page says that the Milky Way is the standard we use for Galaxy level.
It's just that one of the main reasons in the OP is downscaling AM with the Guardians, who aren't limited to 4-B. If it's seen as inconsistent for them, AM shouldn't be downscaled in the first place. Although, they were attacking together from what I recall, so they could be 4-A together.
They did attack him in a group, however they could still damage him even with just three of them.

Honestly, I'm fine with the downscaling to 4-A+. As for the rest, OP seems to make sense.
I guess I’m outvoted on that then. But his AP should still be Solar System level, because there’s no reason to say it’s comparable to his durability.

From my experience, when it comes to the survivability feats, there is more leniancy for characters that has been relatively injured by certain events to scale to the very that damage if they are impressive enough.

Because while he was half-shredded, straight up tanking an galaxy destroying explosion (One that was contained and focused on him with no heat or energy being lost, no less) is such a massive, blantant display of durability against destructive capability that it would be dishonest to just ignore it, even if he was severely damage.

No only that, but he was also weakened beforehand, making the feat even more impressive and harder to brush off

There is also the fact that 4-A is a enormeus tier, AM could be hundreds of thousands of times weaker than the explosion and still be way, way way above baseline 4-A at minimum.

So yeah, keep the feat, aside from that I agree with the rest of the OP.

So, can the pages be unlocked so I can apply everything now?

• Darkseid War becomes an entirely separate key for Darkseid.
Agreed
  • Anti-Monitor’s Sinestro Corps War key is either removed or downgraded to 4-B.
AP scaling in this context doesn't make sense from my memory. We have tags for stone walls for this reason. A character can be much more durable than strong, so I'm okay with his AP being reduced while his durability remains at 4-A or 3-C.
  • New 52 Anti-Monitor and Darkseid War Darkseid become baseline Low 2-C.
Also in agreement.

Darkseid War becomes a separate key? Agreed.

Anti-Monitor downgrade to 4-B? His AP, sure. However, his durability should be 4-A or 3-C. Him surviving that explosion, while weakened, is a blatant feat for his durability. Keep the feat, his high durability and give him a Stone Wall category.

N52 Anti-Monitor and DW Darkseid to Low 2-C? Agreed,

It seems like this has been accepted except for that the Anti-Monitor's Sinestro Corps War durability should likely stay the same then.

I agree with a Darkseid War key, both New-52 Anti-Monitor and DW Darkseid scaling to Low 2-C, and I'm neutral on whether or not Sinestro Corps AM has 4-A or 4-B durability. I'm fine with either one.

If you list the EXACT page titles, so my automated script can handle it, sure.

Thank you. Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

“Cracking open the multiverse,” as Metron says, is more than likely not a literal statement. And him destroying reality seems to be an overtime thing judging by Metron’s wording.
Thank you. Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?
Nope, go ahead and close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back